NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started up my old Computer and it's Madness

2 posters

Go down

Started up my old Computer and it's Madness Empty Started up my old Computer and it's Madness

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 14, 2014 3:15 am

Booted up the old XP machine  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

Tried to connect to the server to see what was wrong and  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

All that was left was an Ancient Windows 95 PC  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

This is Madness.... This is Windows  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Started up my old Computer and it's Madness Empty Re: Started up my old Computer and it's Madness

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 8:14 am

Care to summarise?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Started up my old Computer and it's Madness Empty Re: Started up my old Computer and it's Madness

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool 

BUY an Apple...

I don't understand why people buy excessively over-priced computers that the company won't even let you upgrade or have any control over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool    Samhrai's is a popular and all too common misconception - 

APPLES can be upgraded, expanded, changed, hacked...

There's a whole independent 'third party' supplier industry out there; as well as online communities, forums and bloggers..

And they can run windows, Linux and Unix operating sytems ~ as well as the normally adequate corporate OS-X.

Started up my old Computer and it's Madness Brown-Wood-Apple-Logo-720x1280

Oh I am well aware that you can upgrade them - if you want to force the case open.
I also know you can generally run any OS on any hardware. Hackintoshes for example.

I was talking about how Apple doesn't want you doing that though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Generally speaking I have found Windows to be far more reliable than a Mac-OS too.
Never really have any crashes or problems popping up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Samhraí wrote:
Generally speaking I have found Windows to be far more reliable than a Mac-OS too.
Never really have any crashes or problems popping up.

I have found just the opposite, over the years...

Windows machines freezing, crashing, dropping out far more often..
(Though when my MacBook Pro does crash, it sometimes does it big time !).
Never really have issues with that in my personal experience.
I guess I just take care of my shit.

Not with 7 anyway. Vista was a nightmare and XP, while still reliable could sometimes get wonky.
Lone Wolf wrote:
And then there's the number of Windows users out there either too scared or too lazy to ditch the IE browsers and go over to Chrome or Firefox, or even Safari..

Larger market - more users - larger collection of idiots.
Most people who use a Windows OS aren't really interested in computers or using their computers properly.
They're just a fancy tool for looking at funny pictures on Facebook, writing up word processed documents and so on and so forth.

Doesn't say anything negative about the Operating System at all. It just has the largest market share and therefore it will have more people who don't know what they're doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Doesn't say anything negative about the Operating System at all. It just has the largest market share and therefore it will have more people who don't know what they're doing.

For example you have Apple users who purchase Apple products as more of a fashion thing than anything else and you have Linux users who only use a Linux OS so they can brag about "what cool epic hackers they are" while needing to constantly look up guides and commands on a wiki or some shit.

Each platform has idiots, they aren't the platform though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Booted up the old XP machine   Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

Tried to connect to the server to see what was wrong and  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

All that was left was an Ancient Windows 95 PC  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

This is Madness.... This is Windows  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down