NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking

2 posters

Go down

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking Empty Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking O-OKLA-QUAKES-570

The geological agencies took action after the rate of earthquakes in Oklahoma outpaced that of even California for the first few months of 2014. (California regained the lead in April.)

"The rate of earthquakes increased dramatically in March and April," Williams said. "That alerted us to examine this further and put out this advisory statement."

While Oklahoma's buildings can withstand light earthquakes, the damage from a magnitude-5 temblor could be widespread. Oklahoma's last major earthquake was in November 2011, when a magnitude-5.6 earthquake centered near Prague, Oklahoma, destroyed 14 homes and injured at least two people.

"Building owners and government officials should have a special concern for older, unreinforced brick structures, which are vulnerable to serious damage during sufficient shaking," Bill Leith, a USGS senior science adviser for earthquakes and geologic hazards, said in the joint statement.

While scientists haven't ruled out natural causes for the increase, many researchers suspect the deep injection wells used for the disposal of fracking wastewater could be causing the earthquake activity. Fracking, short for hydraulic fracturing, is a method of extracting oil and gas by cracking open underground rock.

Ongoing studies have found a link between Oklahoma's high-volume wastewater injection wells and regions with an uptick in earthquakes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/oklahoma-earthquake-risk_n_5269280.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking Empty Re: Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Take out Government there and let them stand in one of the old buildings when an earthquake happens. Then hand them a paper to sign saying 'I no longer support fracking'!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking Empty Re: Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 8:22 pm

The mere fact that there'd been more earthquakes in Oklahoma than in California for a good chunk of the year shows you that something is really, really wrong.

But apparently to reject this is to be leftist, and to want everyone to live in caves  Rolling Eyes 

You know, like we do here in left-wing Texas:

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking Windpower
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Well, apparently 75% of our population are against the trespass law being revoked so that Cameron's cronies can frack under their houses without permission.   Let's hope they shout loudly.   People shout enough about immigration and don't seem to have a clue that the real threat to Britain at the moment is fracking, which will turn it into a wasteland if the fracking companies get their way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Here we go

Lefties left loose to run amok with utter bullshit

Cancer linked to frakking

Obesity linked to frakking

Global warming linked to frakking

9/11 wasn't Muslims it was frakking

Put down the crack pipe for one fucking second would you??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Well, that was the end of a decent discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Decent conversation??

Blaming earthquakes on frakking

Is there any shit you lot won't shovel down your own throats??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 pm

I stubbed my toe yesterday

I blame frakking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm

What do you blame for being a thick twat?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Sassy wrote:What do you blame for being a thick twat?

Frakking obviously

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Here we go

Lefties left loose to run amok with utter bullshit

Cancer linked to frakking

Obesity linked to frakking

Global warming linked to frakking

9/11 wasn't Muslims it was frakking

Put down the crack pipe for one fucking second would you??

There's a lot of evidence linking fracking to earthquakes, smelly.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/confirmed-fracking-practices-blame-ohio-earthquakes-f8C11073601

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/05/03/earthquake-experts-yes-fracking-earthquakes-thing/

https://news.yahoo.com/fracking-linked-earthquakes-may-strike-far-wells-133057848.html

You really do make an idiot of yourself.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:38 pm

A lot of evidence

Was al gore behind this evidence by any chance asking for taxes to stop the earthquakes??

Get a grip you weirdo

You may not know this but the earth is not flat and Earthquakes were around long before frakking

Explain that one genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 11:51 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:A lot of evidence

Was al gore behind this evidence by any chance asking for taxes to stop the earthquakes??

Get a grip you weirdo

You may not know this but the earth is not flat and Earthquakes were around long before frakking

Explain that one genius

Look at the chart, dummy. Look at how earthquakes have been increasing in Oklahoma since fracking has become more common.

I swear, I hope they don't let you out in public without a guardian ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:19 am

Good evening Folks.

I know that I'm going to get my head ripped off by the non racists such as Smelly & BigAndy but I've got to say that fracking just doesn't seem right to me.

It reminds me of the way I used to feel about the poll tax when it was introduced....It was wrong.

Likewise the bedroom tax...It sounds wrong.Don't get me wrong,I'm all for hammering the real benefit scroungers.

Fracking seems wrong.Yes I've read the arguments in relation to those for & against but it just seems wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:42 am

Shady wrote:Good evening Folks.

I know that I'm going to get my head ripped off by the non racists such as Smelly & BigAndy but I've got to say that fracking just doesn't seem right to me.

It reminds me of the way I used to feel about the poll tax when it was introduced....It was wrong.

Likewise the bedroom tax...It sounds wrong.Don't get me wrong,I'm all for hammering the real benefit scroungers.

Fracking seems wrong.Yes I've read the arguments in relation to those for & against but it just seems wrong.

Congratulations on thinking for yourself. Now enjoy some pretty water-faucet fire:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:47 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:Good evening Folks.

Congratulations on thinking for yourself. Now enjoy some pretty water-faucet fire:

Only in America eh Ben? Only in America.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:51 am

Actually I'm not sure if that's only in America! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:55 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually I'm not sure if that's only in America! Smile

Well if it happened over here Ben we'd only be accused of racism somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 am

I have a question?

how could anyone think that shattering an entire layer of shale deep under ground would not effect surface stability or release trapped chemicals deposits (since we are doing it to release chemical deposits  Rolling Eyes  )

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking BCMJ_55Vol5_fracking_figure
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 07, 2014 12:57 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually I'm not sure if that's only in America! Smile

We have had plenty of issues, but have had the benefit of not having many people living where we have been fracking.... so no taps on fire yet  Shocked Shocked Shocked 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 am

Unfortunately a lot of Americans basically live atop this well of methane underneath shale, so we see it popping up everywhere.

And I'll tell everyone now, I have seen and covered as a reporter people from all points of the political spectrum who think the energy industry has moved too fast and not done its due diligence on fracking for gas.

Earthquake warning issued for Oklahoma, possible link to fracking Fracking-signs

That sign is from Southlake, Texas, an extremely wealthy and right-wing suburb of Fort Worth where an energy company wanted to start shifting the ground beneath them.

It would be nice if people could take their political blinders off and realize this isn't a left/right issue, it's a human issue.

By the way:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/178534/exxons-pro-fracking-ceo-suing-stop-fracking-near-his-mansion
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 7:59 am

smelly_bandit wrote:I stubbed my toe yesterday

I blame frakking

Actually, I'll see that as progress -- at least you're not blaming some poor jamoke you've never met who happened to be raised as a Muslim Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I blame frakking

Actually, I'll see that as progress -- at least you're not blaming some poor jamoke you've never met who happened to be raised as a Muslim Smile

cheers lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Did you know that a Muslim scientist first invented the concept of fracking?.....Kind of makes you think doesn't it,considering it's destructive nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I blame frakking

i blame frakking for Islam too

this frakking has alot to answer for

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:50 pm

Shady wrote:Did you know that a Muslim scientist first invented the concept of fracking?.....Kind of makes you think doesn't it,considering it's destructive nature.

since yo mention that shady i can believe frakking is responsible for earthquakes

fuck Islamic frakking - it causes earthquakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Shady wrote:Did you know that a Muslim scientist first invented the concept of fracking?.....Kind of makes you think doesn't it,considering it's destructive nature.

Yes, I believe he was one of the many devout fundamentalist Muslims employed by the Stanolind Corporation in Kansas back in the 1940's  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down