NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Shady to Ben.

+4
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
harvesmom
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

From Shady to Ben. Empty From Shady to Ben.

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:19 pm

AHOY THERE BEN REILLY.

Now then Ben,I seem to recall you saying recently that you were having problems with your knees.If so,have you tried the sissy squat to realign the patella? And the exercise has nothing to do with being a sissy.

http://www.kneestrength.com/sissy-squats-correct-patella-maltracking/

Regards,Shady.

Back to top Go down

From Shady to Ben. Empty Re: From Shady to Ben.

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Thank you! I've been on the lookout for something like this.

And just because I do sissy squats does not mean I'm not a sissy, either ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Thank you! I've been on the lookout for something like this.

And just because I do sissy squats does not mean I'm not a sissy, either ... Smile

I hope it helps.Apparantly,the term sissy derives from King Sisyphus who was made to push rock up a mountain by Zeus...I think there is a brief Greek mythology explanation in the article.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:45 pm

Is your knee problem attributable to a sports injury or just general wear & tear combined with age? No offence meant.

Last edited by Shady on Mon May 05, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 11:45 pm

Shady wrote:

I hope it helps.Apparantly,the term sissy derives from King Sisyphus who was made to push rock up a mountain by Zeus...

Right up my alley, then ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Shady wrote:Is your knee problem attributable to a sports injury or just general wear & tear combined with age? No offence meant.

BUMP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 12:09 am

Shady wrote:Is your knee problem attributable to a sports injury or just general wear & tear combined with age? No offence meant.

None taken -- I think it's a combination of genetics (one side of the family has all kinds of cartilage problems as they age), aging of course, and then I used to have a pretty good running routine in my 20s -- it wasn't unusual for me to run 25 miles a week or so.

One thing I've found that helps somewhat is glucosamine, but it only seems to go so far -- so I'll be trying the sissy squats Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue May 06, 2014 12:14 am

Well I wouldn't bother trying Physiotherapy whatever else you do, I had that for an Achilles tendon rupture and it made it 10 times worse  Sad 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Running is bad for your joints, knees, hips, spine.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 06, 2014 6:28 pm

I've heard that running makes your vagina fall out. Seriously, the whole female abdomen is held in place by the Douglas pouch, a series of tendons that are stretched when you jog regularly.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:32 pm

You could try turmeric & boswellia(sp?) capsules. They're said to be good for inflammation and flexibility respectively.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've heard that running makes your vagina fall out.  Seriously, the whole female abdomen is held in place by the Douglas pouch, a series of tendons that are stretched when you jog regularly.

Wow, that explains a LOT.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Actually did try the sissy squats this morning and was rather proud of how I ended up doing -- in the beginning I felt my range of motion increase by quite a bit as my knees made loud crackling sounds!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've heard that running makes your vagina fall out.  Seriously, the whole female abdomen is held in place by the Douglas pouch, a series of tendons that are stretched when you jog regularly.

Plus you run (no pun intended) the very real risk of a couple of black eyes From Shady to Ben. Run_ro14

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

When both your father and your daughter are physicians, you'd be surprised at what you hear.

My father, in particular, was against any kind of jogging for women.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

When both your father and your daughter are physicians, you'd be surprised at what you hear.

Your vagina falls out? WTF?!
From Shady to Ben. Fainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Nems wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I told you exercise was bad for you From Shady to Ben. Rofl75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:42 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well jogging and trampolining are most certainly out of the question!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Well jogging and trampolining are most certainly out of the question!

Hahaha!!! I know exactly what you mean! From Shady to Ben. Rofl76x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

What about an anal prolapse Quill.

Any advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Dancing is the best exercise IMO - you move everything and it's very good for flexibility.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Dancing is the best exercise IMO - you move everything and it's very good for flexibility.

Agreed Raggamuffin, I do love the boogie From Shady to Ben. Dance_31

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Shocked So all those runners I see have baggy fannies?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue May 06, 2014 10:04 pm

I suggrested to HtmbE that she takes up marathon running. Might make things more comfy! Embarassed 
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
I suggrested to HtmbE that she takes up marathon running. Might make things more comfy! Embarassed 

HANDY ANDY OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Shady to Ben. No_fai45 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 pm

eddie wrote:

Shocked So all those runners I see have baggy fannies?

I wonder if anything similar happens to men?

Dooooooooo ...

your balls hang low
do they waggle to and fro
can you tie 'em in a knot?
can you tie 'em in a bow? ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually did try the sissy squats this morning and was rather proud of how I ended up doing -- in the beginning I felt my range of motion increase by quite a bit as my knees made loud crackling sounds!

Are you now writing in agony on the deck & have you dialled 911?

If it's yes to both then perhaps the sissy squat is no good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:12 am

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually did try the sissy squats this morning and was rather proud of how I ended up doing -- in the beginning I felt my range of motion increase by quite a bit as my knees made loud crackling sounds!

Not at all, I actually feel really good! Then again, I didn't even dial 911 when my ringer burst a while back, so ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:21 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

Not at all, I actually feel really good! Then again, I didn't even dial 911 when my ringer burst a while back, so ...

Well that sounds encouraging but don't over do it Ben.How many times per week is being suggested for the sissy squats.....2-3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 am

It didn't say, I'm going to start slow, try to do a set of 10-20 each day that I can find the time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:29 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:It didn't say, I'm going to start slow, try to do a set of 10-20 each day that I can find the time.

Standby Ben while I do a bit of research & will get back to you.Because I reckon for rehabilitation purposes,20 reps are too high.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 12:38 am

Having looked through 5 sites regarding sissy squats they are all giving 2-3 sets of 10-20 reps which is what you have in mind.But I still reckon that's too high a rep count initially & would start off in the first week or two with 2x5 sets twice per week until you feel confident to increase the rep range.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 7:37 am

OK, I can't help it and I feel bad for it, but I'm starting to think I'm on the wrong end of an epic wind-up here. But I will say, your advice seems to be helping me, and for that I thank you Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, I can't help it and I feel bad for it, but I'm starting to think I'm on the wrong end of an epic wind-up here. But I will say, your advice seems to be helping me, and for that I thank you Smile

yeah reading over shady's posts it sounds like he is trying to lead this somewhere  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:05 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, I can't help it and I feel bad for it, but I'm starting to think I'm on the wrong end of an epic wind-up here. But I will say, your advice seems to be helping me, and for that I thank you Smile

He does work out Ben, so on this I do not think it is any wind up, as he does know what he is talking about in regards to fitness levels and with dealing with injuries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 am

Didge wrote:

He does work out Ben, so on this I do not think it is any wind up, as he does know what he is talking about in regards to fitness levels and with dealing with injuries.

I agree,he can be anaughty pirate sometimes but he knows what he is talking about re injuries etc
the main thing is it seems to be helping Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

yeah reading over shady's posts it sounds like he is trying to lead this somewhere  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

With an intellect like yours,there's a job for you at launch control NASA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Good evening Ben.

No wind up.Just useful information & you are welcome.

But you have given me an idea about winding up Veya.Shouldn't be too hard for him to suss it out....now that I've advertised it.

Maybe he can get that other brain box Beekeeper to help him work it out because between them they will have half the brain of a rocking horse santa flower 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Dr. Sugar wrote:It’s Not a Myth?! Distance Running Can Make Your Uterus Fall Out

Uterine prolapse means that one’s uterus has descended from its normal position in the pelvis down into one’s vagina. Normally, your uterus is held in place by the muscles and ligaments that make up the floor of the pelvis. Uterine prolapse occurs when the pelvic floor muscles and ligaments stretch and weaken, which in turn provides inadequate support for the uterus to stay in place. There are varying degrees of prolapse as the uterus can descend into the lower vagina or even through the opening of the vagina.

Long-distance runners do have a higher propensity toward uterine prolapse. The running likely does not cause weakened muscles and tissues, but it can worsen an already weakened pelvic floor due to the constant impact. Menstruation can also worsen preexisting prolapse symptoms. In my research, I did not find any evidence that exercise (during menstruation specifically) can cause uterine prolapse.

This condition may not be news to female readers, but the only time I’ve ever heard of this in the past was when people were ridiculing advice women runners used to get. I’m astounded to learn it has at least some basis in fact. A little research turned up several discussions of the problem, including one on the Runner’s World forum, and a specific blog post here. I also found photos, but I’ll spare you that sight.

So I guess the uterus is to blame. Anyway, the whole thing comes crashing down.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Dr. Sugar wrote:It’s Not a Myth?! Distance Running Can Make Your Uterus Fall Out

Uterine prolapse means that one’s uterus has descended from its normal position in the pelvis down into one’s vagina. Normally, your uterus is held in place by the muscles and ligaments that make up the floor of the pelvis. Uterine prolapse occurs when the pelvic floor muscles and ligaments stretch and weaken, which in turn provides inadequate support for the uterus to stay in place. There are varying degrees of prolapse as the uterus can descend into the lower vagina or even through the opening of the vagina.

Long-distance runners do have a higher propensity toward uterine prolapse. The running likely does not cause weakened muscles and tissues, but it can worsen an already weakened pelvic floor due to the constant impact. Menstruation can also worsen preexisting prolapse symptoms. In my research, I did not find any evidence that exercise (during menstruation specifically) can cause uterine prolapse.

This condition may not be news to female readers, but the only time I’ve ever heard of this in the past was when people were ridiculing advice women runners used to get. I’m astounded to learn it has at least some basis in fact. A little research turned up several discussions of the problem, including one on the Runner’s World forum, and a specific blog post here. I also found photos, but I’ll spare you that sight.

So I guess the uterus is to blame.  Anyway, the whole thing comes crashing down.

Blimey, and we thought Paula Radcliffe was having a poo  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed May 07, 2014 7:08 pm

At least she didn't have she to squat all the way down.
Her flaps must hang down 2 foot!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Handy Andy wrote:At least she didn't have  she to squat all the way down.
Her flaps must hang down 2 foot!

HANDY ANDY!!!!! OMG! From Shady to Ben. No_fai46

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Good thing she wasn't using a Tena. Would have needed a duvet.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Shady wrote: 

Good evening Ben.

No wind up.Just useful information & you are welcome.

But you have given me an idea about winding up Veya.Shouldn't be too hard for him to suss it out....now that I've advertised it.

Maybe he can get that other brain box Beekeeper to help him work it out because between them they will have half the brain of a rocking horse santa flower 

PFFFT your not even a real pirate  Suspect 

pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down