NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy

Go down

US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy Empty US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:23 pm

An art sculpture designed to represent unity has been moved from a Michigan town, because residents thought it was meant to be a gay orgy.

US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy Orgy-CRED-Mark-Chatterly

Blue Human Condition, by sculptor Mark Chatterley, was unveiled last week near Adrian City Hall, but residents labelled it an “abomination” and referred to it as “the orgy statue”.

Chatterly said the sculpture was not intended to be sexual, and told Huffington Post the meaning was that “living today, we can’t do it alone. We rely on other people (…) to try to survive.”

Local pastor Rick Strawcutter said the sculpture was a perversion and an abomination, and was a sign that the town was being left to Sodom.

He said: “Everybody I know who sees [the sculpture] just feels like it is in itself an abomination.”

A commenter on the town website said: “One cannot argue the fact that it is clearly easy to see how one (or, rather, many) would view it in that light.

“I believe it is very unfair and unkind to infer that those of us that do so have ‘dirty minds’ and are ‘sexually repressed prudes’.”

After the outrage, the town covered up the statue, and has since moved it to the nearby Yew Park, where it would be seen by less passers-by.

Administrator Shane Horn said: “I recognize there are likely to be people on both sides of the issue who are not satisfied, but I believe this decision provides an appropriate resolution.”

The sculpture was part of the town’s public art program, one of seven works that are due to be unveiled.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/05/02/us-art-sculpture-moved-because-town-thinks-its-a-gay-orgy/

....Doesn't look anything like a gay orgy  Laughing 

Stupid Christian shits!  Arrow 

Back to top Go down

US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy Empty Re: US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:36 pm

They believed it looked like one - it's been moved - job done!

Back to top Go down

US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy Empty Re: US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Glad its been moved its bloody horrible !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Nems wrote:Glad its been moved its bloody horrible  !

Just a typical example of modern art really.

Utter rubbish!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:51 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:Glad its been moved its bloody horrible  !

Just a typical example of modern art really.

Utter rubbish!

I would agree, I cant stand most modern stuff, the exception being the Angel of the North
and another place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:55 pm

I feel sorry for the poor guy with the three others sitting on him; he doesn't look like he's getting any US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy Smile207

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

feelthelove wrote:I feel sorry for the poor guy with the three others sitting on him; he doesn't look like he's getting any US: Art sculpture moved, because town thinks it’s a gay orgy Smile207

Likewise, the guy on the right, sitting down, FTL. If this is an orgy, they could have choreographed it better.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down