NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April

Go down

Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April Empty Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 6:51 am

The average level of CO2 in the atmosphere for the first time topped 400 parts per million for a full month, according to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego.

Last May, the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii for the first time measured carbon dioxide at greater than 400 parts per million, averaged over one day. C02 exceeded 400 parts per million two months earlier this year than last year, according to researchers at NOAA.

But now we've hit an unwelcome milestone, with every day in April averaging more than 400 parts per million.

It's likely this record-breaking moment marks the first time in 800,000 years that the Earth's atmosphere contained this much CO2.

http://news.discovery.com/earth/global-warming/carbon-dioxide-hits-record-high-in-april-140502.htm

Back to top Go down

Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April Empty Re: Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April

Post by eddie Sat May 03, 2014 8:59 pm

affraid 

Could that affect hayfever sufferers do you think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April Empty Re: Carbon Dioxide Hits Record High in April

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:16 am

Didge wrote:The average level of CO2 in the atmosphere for the first time topped 400 parts per million for a full month, according to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego.

Last May, the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii for the first time measured carbon dioxide at greater than 400 parts per million, averaged over one day. C02 exceeded 400 parts per million two months earlier this year than last year, according to researchers at NOAA.

But now we've hit an unwelcome milestone, with every day in April averaging more than 400 parts per million.

It's likely this record-breaking moment marks the first time in 800,000 years that the Earth's atmosphere contained this much CO2.

thats the trouble with statistics...lets just say that at the same time last year it averaged 380ppm that would make the first time in 780,000 years that the earths atmosphere contained that much carbon dioxide..so bad as it is.....its not really that shattering compared to the ongoing increases......

http://news.discovery.com/earth/global-warming/carbon-dioxide-hits-record-high-in-april-140502.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Didge wrote:The average level of CO2 in the atmosphere for the first time topped 400 parts per million for a full month, according to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego.

thats the trouble with statistics...lets just say that at the same time  last year  it averaged 380ppm that would make the first time in 780,000 years that the earths atmosphere contained that much carbon dioxide..so bad as it is.....its not really that shattering compared to the ongoing increases......

Trouble?

How odd, the stats and weather show we are making our planet a difficult place to live whether you are we are or not, it is happening.
It is happening if you rely on your life with foo, you luckily are not facing tha, millions are by western pollution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 2:00 am

I didnt say it wasnt a problem (global warming that is )
It was a comment on the use of statistics
kind like "ya dont say? and what was it last year then"
one supposes that its the fact of it reaching a "round 400" that prompted the comment...rather than the fact its getting a bit too high for comfort.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 2:13 am

victorisnotamused wrote:I didnt say it wasnt a problem (global warming that is )
kind like "ya dont say?  and what was it last year then"
one supposes that its the fact of it reaching a "round 400" that prompted the comment...rather than the fact its getting a bit too high for comfort.....

I think it was a grudge comment nothing more because you did not even add to your original point but instead offer up excuses

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 2:41 am

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:I didnt say it wasnt a problem (global warming that is )
kind like "ya dont say?  and what was it last year then"

I think it was a grudge comment nothing more because you did not even add to your original point but instead offer up excuses

I think you are round the bend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Didge wrote:

I think you are round the bend

Really?

That is nice, but it does not counter the view point country bumpkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 2:51 am

no but it does explain it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 2:56 am

victorisnotamused wrote:no but it does explain it....

Does it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 3:01 am

So the psychopathology from Victor is that anyone who does not agree with is is round the bend.

Woe must read this scientific paper based on shite, based more like on dislike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 4:24 pm

nod didge...the psychology is that YOU are making (baseless) assumptions and have the audacity to tell me what I'm thinking. You then pretend thats what I posted when the reality is something different...

your problem is ....... ::attn:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 4:26 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:nod didge...the psychology is that YOU are making (baseless) assumptions and have the audacity to tell me what I'm thinking. You then pretend thats what I posted when the reality is something different...

your problem is ....... ::attn:: 

Yes thanks for your irrelevant waffle as seen you are acting like a child because you have grudge, that is not only pathetic but also very boring, I suggest you have a good cry and get over it

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down