NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death

2 posters

Go down

Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death Empty Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Simple everyday tasks such as getting out of chair and standing on one leg can be used to predict which middle aged people are at risk of an early death, a study has found.

The new study found that men who could stand up from a chair and sit down again less than 23 times in a minute were twice as likely to die in the following 13 years than those who could 37 or more.

Among women those who could stand up and sit down again less than 22 times in a minute were twice as likely to die in that time than those who could do the test 35 times or more.

Those unable to do the test at all were almost seven times more likely to die.

In the standing on one leg with eyes closed test, men and women able to hold the position for less than two seconds were three times more likely to die than those who could hold it for ten seconds or more.

Those people unable to do the test at all were around 12 times more likely to die in the following 13 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10795230/Standing-on-one-leg-may-predict-which-53-year-olds-at-risk-of-early-death.html

Back to top Go down

Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death Empty Re: Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death

Post by gerber Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Standing on one leg wasn't much use for the Norwegian Blue parrot. Had a most untimely death......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death Empty Re: Standing on one leg may predict which 53-year-olds at risk of early death

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 pm

he's dead,defunct, deceased, he is no longer with us..in fact he's f*****in snuffed it  ://?roflmao?/:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 pm

here you are...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:28 pm

I just have a mental picture of all these 53 year old's practising standing on one leg!  ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Sassy wrote:I just have a mental picture of all these 53 year old's practising standing on one leg!  ://?roflmao?/: 

Coffee must be required.  ::drnkpst:: 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:35 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:I just have a mental picture of all these 53 year old's practising standing on one leg!  ://?roflmao?/: 

Coffee must be required.   ::drnkpst:: 

Don't take alcohol for my imagination to take off Gerbs, in fact a cup of tea is doing it at the moment!  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

Coffee must be required.   ::drnkpst:: 

Don't take alcohol for my imagination to take off Gerbs, in fact a cup of tea is doing it at the moment!  Wink 

I said coffee......................... You dafty, the bottle is mine, hands off lol
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:41 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I said coffee.........................  You dafty, the bottle is mine, hands off lol

Oh dear, wrong end of the stick again lol. Hope it's a good wine and not any old rubbish lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:42 pm

With their eyes shut - don't forget that bit. I must admit to a bit of mischief when I posted this on GLP, picturing the nutty Americans with their tinfoil hats trying not to fall over.. ::roglol:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
With their eyes shut - don't forget that bit.  I must admit to a bit of mischief when I posted this on GLP, picturing the nutty Americans with their tinfoil hats trying not to fall over.. ::roglol:: 

affraid affraid ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down