NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon

4 posters

Go down

First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon Empty First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:05 pm

14th April 2014

And vanishes afterwards - BigAndy9 is very worried for her safety.

It came after the London Olympics in 2012, where dozens of athletes and coaches disappeared or claimed asylum after the Games.

The Mail revealed that seventy claimed political asylum after the Olympics and more than have were given refugee status.

Last year police admitted they were still looking for 21 people who just vanished, with one official saying that some had competed then ‘simply wandered off to make a better life’ in Britain.

Those who failed to return home were from countries including the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Cameroon and Sudan.

A female athlete who finished 20th in the London Marathon before disappearing may have fled to avoid flying back to Sierra Leone.

Mami Konneh Lahun, 24, was last seen after finishing the 26.2 mile course yesterday and is due to return home today.

Police have put out an appeal after Miss Lahun failed to return to her temporary accommodation  in Greenwich yesterday.

MailOnline understands she was allowed into Britain to compete on a temporary visa.

The athlete, who is Sierra Leone's fastest-ever 5,000 metre and 10,000 metre runner, last year won her country's marathon and in neighbouring Liberia.

She is the first woman from Sierra Leone to have represented the country at the London Marathon.

Scotland Yard said she arrived in Britain a week ago to prepare for the marathon, and finished in just over 2 hours 46 minutes.

Detectives looking into her disappearance say she has no known links to the UK and does not have a mobile phone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2604086/Sierra-Leone-athlete-finished-20th-London-Marathon-disappears-flight-home.html#ixzz2yrTe9Hzt

Back to top Go down

First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon Empty Re: First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Come on people, please help find this great athlete.

Back to top Go down

First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon Empty Re: First Ever Female From Sierra Leone to Compete in London Marathon

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Doesn't know anybody in the UK and doesn't own a mobile phone - I hope somebody shows her to the airport and sees that she gets off safe and well.

Bye bye Mami, thanks for visiting.

An athlete from Sierra Leone who went missing after finishing 20th in the London Marathon has been found.

The Metropolitan Police said Mami Konneh Lahun returned to her accommodation on Monday, a day after she was reported missing.

The 24-year-old had been staying at an address in Greenwich since arriving in the UK a week ago, but failed to return back following Sunday's race.

She had been due to fly home to Sierra Leone today and police had said she had no known links to the UK and does not have a mobile phone.

Ms Konneh Lahun is reportedly Sierra Leone’s fastest-ever female 5,000m and 10,000m runner.

Last year, she won the Sierra Leone and Liberia marathons.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm

She is a precessional athlete, I doubt she was trying to run away anyway
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Doesn't know anybody in the UK and doesn't own a mobile phone - I hope somebody shows her to the airport and sees that she gets off safe and well.

Bye bye Mami, thanks for visiting.

An athlete from Sierra Leone who went missing after finishing 20th in the London Marathon has been found.

The Metropolitan Police said Mami Konneh Lahun returned to her accommodation on Monday, a day after she was reported missing.

The 24-year-old had been staying at an address in Greenwich since arriving in the UK a week ago, but failed to return back following Sunday's race.

She had been due to fly home to Sierra Leone today and police had said she had no known links to the UK and does not have a mobile phone.

Ms Konneh Lahun is reportedly Sierra Leone’s fastest-ever female 5,000m and 10,000m runner.

Last year, she won the Sierra Leone and Liberia marathons.

And now, the Daily Maul is reporting that she was never indeed found:

A female athlete from Sierra Leone who was declared missing then supposedly found is in fact still missing, it has emerged.

Mami Konneh Lahun, 24, was reportedly discovered 'safe and well' in Greenwich 24 hours after disappearing from the finish line of the London Marathon.

But five hours later, Scotland Yard has revealed she is still missing and there has been no trace of her after she finished 20th in yesterday's race.

It is understood a police officer was involved in the error becoming public, although Scotland yard refused to say if that was the case.

A police spokesman said: 'We were given incorrect information, she is still missing.'

It is an embarrassment for Greenwich borough Commander Helen Millichap, whose officers were involved in the search.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2604086/Sierra-Leone-athlete-finished-20th-London-Marathon-disappears-flight-home.html

... and no other source I can find contains the same information. So ... who the fuck knows.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Like I said, she's a professional athlete. I very much doubt she was running away or avoiding going home!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:21 pm

eddie wrote:Like I said, she's a professional athlete. I very much doubt she was running away or avoiding going home!

She could be Edds.... if you read the full report it contains this:

The Mail revealed that seventy claimed political asylum after the Olympics and more than have were given refugee status.

Last year police admitted they were still looking for 21 people who just vanished, with one official saying that some had competed then ‘simply wandered off to make a better life’ in Britain.

Those who failed to return home were from countries including the Ivory Coast, Guinea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Cameroon and Sudan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2604086/Sierra-Leone-athlete-finished-20th-London-Marathon-disappears-flight-home.html#ixzz2ytyhABzn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm sure the ones that came for the Olympics were professional athletes too!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:25 pm

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:Like I said, she's a professional athlete. I very much doubt she was running away or avoiding going home!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2604086/Sierra-Leone-athlete-finished-20th-London-Marathon-disappears-flight-home.html#ixzz2ytyhABzn

I was trying to be fair harves. I've noticed there's not much of it on here lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 pm

eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

I was trying to be fair harves. I've noticed there's not much of it on here lol

lol!  I'm always fair I think, if it comes across as being not very politically correct then.... tough  Smile 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:17 am

Well, in the interest of fairness, I think BA's suspicion isn't without warrant given the other asylum seekers. But what happened with the "we found her, no we haven't" thing? An officer who can't tell black people apart, perhaps?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:19 am

Oh, and I just updated the headline -- hope that's OK  ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, and I just updated the headline -- hope that's OK  ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 

Of course it is, if you want to look like a sad little dick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, and I just updated the headline -- hope that's OK  ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 

I added the fact that she's missing, how does that make for looking like a sad little dick?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I added the fact that she's missing, how does that make for looking like a sad little dick?

Just doing what you did makes it a fact Benji.

Trust me, it really does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:23 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Really, how? If you've got some sort of special insight you should be able to explain it.

I added information to the headline to better reflect what the story is.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Really, how? If you've got some sort of special insight you should be able to explain it.

Lol course you did. No ulterior motive, no?  :aspffftas: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Lol course you did. No ulterior motive, no?  :aspffftas: 

Honestly, what would the ulterior motive be? What did I change or distort about this story by adding the fact that she's missing? For fuck's sake!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Original headline: First female from Sierra Leone competes in London Marathon. Wow, big fucking deal.

New headline: First female from Sierra Leone to compete in London Marathon goes missing. That points out the fact that there's an intrigue here and a hell of a lot more people are going to click on it.

Jesus H. Christ, I'm so sick of having to defend every single little thing I do here ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Original headline: First female from Sierra Leone competes in London Marathon. Wow, big fucking deal.

New headline: First female from Sierra Leone to compete in London Marathon goes missing. That points out the fact that there's an intrigue here and a hell of a lot more people are going to click on it.

Jesus H. Christ, I'm so sick of having to defend every single little thing I do here ...

She is probably terrified of returning..............

Has asked for asylum, failed and will announce on Saturday she is gay to prevent being sent home

Conjecture before I get pounced on as well  flower 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, in the interest of fairness, I think BA's suspicion isn't without warrant given the other asylum seekers.

I noticed how carefully the fact that I said that was ignored ... I noticed. And it hurt.

flower flower flower 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, in the interest of fairness, I think BA's suspicion isn't without warrant given the other asylum seekers.

I noticed how carefully the fact that I said that was ignored ... I noticed. And it hurt.

flower flower flower 

?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Original headline: First female from Sierra Leone competes in London Marathon. Wow, big fucking deal.

I don't like the fact that you change people's wording or words, because they don't suit you.
It doesn't make you fair, it makes you pedantic because it's only the people you don't like that you pick on.

Hand on heart - you know that's true but you'll never admit it.

I like you Ben, I just don't lick your arse and tell you you're right all the time and Im not a fence-sitter who can't be bothered to really be bothered.
I like you. I actually do.

But I like free speech more.  People have died trying to get it.

You,shouldn't mess with people's words. It's a debate forum and words are all we have.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:31 pm

How did I make it worse? I made it better. I have done this with many other threads and nobody's complained. I didn't change the story by one word; I added three words to the headline that made it more interesting.

That's not being unfair. That's trying to get more eyeballs on BA's story. You've just gotten it into your mind that if I so much as breath in BA's direction, I'm picking on him.

Again -- show me how this was picking on him. Maybe forget the parties involved and just read both headlines and decide which you find more interesting, or which most people would find more interesting.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 pm

There, I changed it back. So much fucking better now, right? Now I'm being fair, finally!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 pm

It's not often we see posts like this from you, is it now Benji?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

It's not often we see posts like this from you, is it now Benji?

I was trying to make a light-hearted reference back to the fights we've had over headline changes before. Fuck me sideways, right? I changed the headline back to what you said, still think my edit made it more interesting without changing the reporting, but as I'm about to drown in whine, fuck it all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:There, I changed it back. So much fucking better now, right? Now I'm being fair, finally!

You missed my point but you're angry and you're bound to.

Now you should apologise to both Gig and Vod as they were loyal posters who,posted a lot on here, and you were wrong Ben, to mock them openly like that.

Im telling you,'if you did that to anyone else, anyone popular, and they left, you'd be getting it in the neck.

See my point?

I know you call me irritating but I call me, passionate.  :askissas: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:There, I changed it back. So much fucking better now, right? Now I'm being fair, finally!

You missed  my point but you're angry and you're bound to.

Now you should apologise to both Gig and Vod as they were loyal posters who,posted a lot on here, and you were wrong Ben, to mock them openly like that.

Im telling you,'if you did that to anyone else, anyone popular, and they left, you'd be getting it in the neck.

See my point?

Eh?

What's happened to GIG and VOD - they were awesome posters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:39 pm

eddie wrote:

See my point?

Why should I sit here and consider your point when you haven't even responded to my explanation for the headline edit? Did you even think about what I said?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

See my point?

Eh?  

What's happened to GIG and VOD - they were awesome posters.

See the other thread, "Has Gig Left?"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 pm

eddie wrote:

See my point?

I seem to be agreeing with everyone, must be the Blood moon.

Fair play

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

See my point?

Why should I sit here and consider your point when you haven't even responded to my explanation for the headline edit? Did you even think about what I said?

Oh, and also -- refer back to the thread I pointed Andy to and read how EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PERSON who typed those misspellings would get the same exactly mother fucking result. Are you being stupid just to piss me off now?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 pm

No Ben. I'm not being stupid.
I think you know that no one else typed Muslim that way.
I think, you think, I'm stupid.

And how you all laughed because it was those two!! What a joke! Lol lol

How nobody would laugh if it was anyone they liked, a popular poster.

They're all very hypocritical.
But that's probably me just being stupid.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 pm

eddie wrote:No Ben. I'm not being stupid.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t1693-Muslim-brotherhood-make-london-their-new-home

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t2312-Muslim-school-to-close-grave-concerns

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t1223-Muslims-guilty-of-terrorist-atrocity-in-woolwich
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:No Ben. I'm not being stupid.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t1693-Muslim-brotherhood-make-london-their-new-home

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t2312-Muslim-school-to-close-grave-concerns

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t1223-Muslims-guilty-of-terrorist-atrocity-in-woolwich

I almost never find links as answers to my posts, interesting. I won't read them.
I'd rather you speak to me.

I'm old-fashioned like that.
I like words.
Use them please, when you want me to understand you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Just showing a) the origin of the problem and b) that they weren't the only ones using that spelling. I thought that was the more efficient way of showing you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 am

Then don't Ben, have a button to push that goes 'my forum, my rules, f..k off!'  Twisted Evil lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Just showing a) the origin of the problem and b) that they weren't the only ones using that spelling. I thought that was the more efficient way of showing you.

I appreciate that but in all honesty I'm not gong to research this situation by going and reading threads.

I've said my piece and that's that.

Chat tomorrow, night Ben x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Just showing a) the origin of the problem and b) that they weren't the only ones using that spelling. I thought that was the more efficient way of showing you.

I appreciate that but in all honesty I'm not gong to research this situation by going and reading threads.

I've said my piece and that's that.

Chat tomorrow, night Ben x

All you have to read is the title and the poster, there's not a lot of discussion at any of the threads anyway.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

Sassy wrote:

Then don't Ben, have a button to push that goes 'my forum, my rules, f..k off!'  Twisted Evil lol! 

He already did sassy. That's kinda my point.

Night x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

He already did sassy. That's kinda my point.

Night Eds

Night x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down