NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions

+3
eddie
Andy
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions Empty The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Thought this was really interesting ...

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions Txx8h3d5tag179bcp1pf

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions Rnwb3cxzeqbt7u98tyve

If you ask men and women what they think the perfect body is, you're going to get two very different answers. It's fascinating, really. UK lingerie company Bluebella surveyed men and women on the "perfect" man and woman using celebrity features and came up with these bodies above.

In general (or rather, in this UK-leaning survey), it seems like the ideal female body for women was thinner than the ideal female body for men.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/here-is-the-perfect-male-and-female-body-according-to-m-1562492498
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions Empty Re: The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions

Post by Andy Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:49 pm

If I was part of the female wish list, I would need substantially larger underpants.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions Empty Re: The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Handy Andy wrote:If I was part of the female wish lisy, I would need substantially larger underpants.

Funny how they didn't include "___________ 's package" as one of the male criteria  ::roglol:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:54 pm

I used to have sexual fantasies.
Nowadays, I am one.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Tbh, all the women I think are sexier, are curvier women. Skinny women are gross.
When I was quite thin, I tried desperately to,put weight on (I remember trying to eat the skin of chicken and gagging lol)

I'm not perfect now but I prefer myself now.

And also, can't stand Beckham's face or hair and not too keen on big muscles either! My OH can get quite muscly and I often tell him to,flab up a bit hahahaha

I really like natural looking people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:11 pm

eddie wrote:Tbh, all the women I think are sexier,  are curvier women. Skinny women are gross.
When I was quite thin, I tried desperately to,put weight on (I remember trying to eat the skin of chicken and gagging lol)

And also, can't stand Beckham's face or hair and not too keen on big muscles either! My OH can get quite muscly and I often tell him to,flab up a bit hahahaha

Interesting though how in general (at least in the U.K.) it seems to be the women who idealize the thinner look, rather than the men. To be fair, the men's version of the perfect woman looks like a blow-up doll, but you have to admit it doesn't look abnormally skinny Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:19 pm

I think this is a perfect example of how woman have been brainwashed into thinking only skinny is attractive. If that had been done 50 years ago the results would have been completely different. And neither on those pics of made up men are my idea of heaven, they are both too 'pretty boy'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:21 pm

The woman on the right is skinny too, she just has bigger boobs.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The woman on the right is skinny too, she just has bigger boobs.

Not quite as skinny as the one on the left though, looks to me. More normal-looking torso, hips and legs on the one on the right.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:48 pm

both women are too thin they both need some meet on their bones...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:both women are too thin they both need some meet on their bones...

The perfect body -- male vs. female perceptions Bikini1-258x300

More your type? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:both women are too thin they both need some meet on their bones...

More your type? Smile

i said meat i didn't say a full herd..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:24 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

More your type? Smile

i said meat i didn't say a full herd..lol

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Tbh, all the women I think are sexier,  are curvier women. Skinny women are gross.

Interesting though how in general (at least in the U.K.) it seems to be the women who idealize the thinner look, rather than the men. To be fair, the men's version of the perfect woman looks like a blow-up doll, but you have to admit it doesn't look abnormally skinny Smile

Yes it looks like a blow-up doll lol

And I'm with sassy, both men are pretty boys, not my type.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:22 pm

A woman is a failure if she is not beautiful.
Despite any other achievements,if she ages and is not gorgeous she is a failure.

If she is attractive but not perfect her flaws will be pointed out and used as a stick to beat her with.She is told by the adverts on the tele everyday she must use creams to stop ageing (as if it is a disease)

She must never look her age.

She must have natural big boobs that do not sag (sorry Issac Newton,this is modern day expectations)

She will face a tyranny every day from the media,social media that what she has,what she is can never be good enough and needs constant improvement.

When she reaches 40 she is overlooked and ignored altogether,which may infact be a blessing.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:30 pm

As for the men,they both look pretty good to me,the male and female preference  ::D:: 

I prefer long hair on men personally but that is just personal preference.The face in the women's preference bit wouldn't be my choosing,I would have Jamie Lannister thankyou very much lol! 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:00 pm

I like the guy on the right but not his head. So from the pecs down lol. I really don't like skinny men in general they have to have a bit of flesh in the right places  lol! 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Most of my flesh is in one place.
Whether it is in the right place is another matter!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:A woman is a failure if she is not beautiful.
Despite any other achievements,if she ages and is not gorgeous she is a failure.

If she is attractive but not perfect her flaws will be pointed out and used as a stick to beat her with.She is told by the adverts on the tele everyday she must use creams to stop ageing (as if it is a disease)

She must have natural big boobs that do not sag (sorry Issac Newton,this is modern day expectations)

She will face a tyranny every day from the media,social media that what she has,what she is can never be good enough and needs constant improvement.

When she reaches 40 she is overlooked and ignored altogether,which may infact be a blessing.

Good post and sadly true.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:52 pm

spoken like a true ugly , fat, over 50 year old...lol

cynicism.... is a terrible thing..

if you are daft enough to worry about what the world thinks you will be shot down on a daily basis...

if you trust what your partner thinks you'll be good all your life... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:20 pm

eddie wrote:

Good post and sadly true.

Yes I think it's true.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:22 pm

if you are daft enough to worry about what the world thinks you will be shot down on a daily basis...

Do I look like a fat fifty year old to you  Rolling Eyes 

I do trust what my partner thinks thankyou but I was discussing the pressure from the media on all women to look perfect and not to age.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:35 pm

..on this subject, and I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but there is something about a male body that a woman just doesn't have.

...a willy. Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:36 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

I do trust what my partner thinks thankyou but I was discussing the pressure from the media on all women to look perfect and not to age.

having never seen you how would i know what you look like...

you certainly sounded like the description I gave...

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Joy Division wrote:..on this subject, and I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but there is something about a male body that a woman just doesn't have.

...a willy. Laughing 

HAHAHAHA

:asballsas?: 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 pm

One thing I have never been called..a cynic

Food for thought!  flower 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 pm

David wrote:
Joy Division wrote:..on this subject, and I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but there is something about a male body that a woman just doesn't have.

Fanks David! Laughing 

...a willy. Laughing 

HAHAHAHA

:asballsas?: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:32 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Would you not agree that men are allowed to be old and unattractive but women are supposed to chase an ideal of physical perfection from a very early age?(that they cannot attain)

It is all very well saying that you should not care what others think,but when you are dismissed and ridiculed for something you cannot help or change surely that is the ultimate tyranny.When people treat a woman as a sub human,a thing not a person,merely on the basis that she does not look the way she is expected to can you say this is the behavior of a civilised society?

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Would you not agree that men are allowed to be old and unattractive but women are supposed to chase an ideal of physical perfection from a very early age?(that they cannot attain)

It is all very well saying that you should not care what others think,but when you are dismissed and ridiculed for something you cannot help or change surely that is the ultimate tyranny.When people treat a woman as a sub human,a thing not a person,merely on the basis that she does not look the way she is expected to can you say this is the behavior of a civilised society?

the pressure is becoming the same for men but only if you are daft enough to fall for it..the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is a real truth, if you ask 1000 men who is the most beautiful woman ever you will get many answer for many reasons, the perfect body, shape, look does not exist but it is something the mags use to drive women to purchase their latest potion or product...

Love the skin you are in accept yourself for who and what you are, it's the only way..

No one can pressure you or mock you without your permission, don't fall for it... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

the pressure is becoming the same for men but only if you are daft enough to fall for it..the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is a real truth, if you ask 1000 men who is the most beautiful woman ever you will get many answer for many reasons, the perfect body, shape, look does not exist but it is something the mags use to drive women to purchase their latest potion or product...

Love the skin you are in accept yourself for who and what you are, it's the only way..

No one can pressure you or mock you without your permission, don't fall for it... Smile 

I understand what you're saying and to be honest alot of the pressure comes from other women,not men.Women can be scathing about the looks of other women when they should be supporting each other. The magazines pointing out flaws on women's bodies and all the constant scrutiny of a female's appearance is distressing and with all due respect to you sir it is no way anywhere near as bad for men,yet at least.

I'm 30 not 50 !! ::lightsab:: lol! 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 am

Well said young lady and don't forget the airbrushing. When you think of the lengths that women will go to, to attain this mythical perception it is actually quite scarey. Botox, plastic surgery that goes wrong, starving themselves, giving themselves cancer by lying under sunbeds, the list goes on. It takes a strong woman in this day and age to say, this is me, if you don't like it, tough. I think you might be one though  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:53 am

Absolutely girls...imo ..Victoria Beckham is a terrible role model for young girls, with a pathetic ' look at me attitude' , ridiculous and cringeworthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 am

FluffyBunny wrote:

I understand what you're saying and to be honest alot of the pressure comes from other women,not men.Women can be scathing about the looks of other women when they should be supporting each other. The magazines pointing out flaws on women's bodies and all the constant scrutiny of a female's appearance is distressing and with all due respect to you sir it is no way anywhere near as bad for men,yet at least.

What do you think men have to put up with?  The other night on the Chelsea Lately show, she asked what is the worst flaw in a man.

The answer shouted out from the audience: TOO SMALL.  lol! 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 am

Original Quill wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

What do you think men have to put up with?  The other night on the Chelsea Lately show, she asked what is the worst flaw in a man.

The answer shouted out from the audience: TOO SMALL.   lol! 

It is a myth that size doesn't matter  Twisted Evil 

Guys,it matters  ::cheerlead:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:51 am

Joy Division wrote:Absolutely girls...imo ..Victoria Beckham is a terrible role model for young girls, with a pathetic ' look at me attitude' , ridiculous and cringeworthy.

Her 'look at me' attitude (which JD I could be accused of) stems from insecurity because the media constantly trashes Victoria for the way she looks,she isn't pretty enough,she's too thin etc.Its the same with all female celebrities,their appearance is all that matters.

Look at Rebecca Addlington the swimmer. A natural wholesome happy athlete reduced to breaking point by cyberbullies on social media telling her day in day out she was ugly.

It didn't matter that she was an olympic medalist,not a jot. Are male athletes condemned so harshly for how they look,nope,it's not an issue,not yet at least.

All that mattered to those on social media was that Rebecca Addlington wasn't good looking (in their eyes) so they saw fit to relentlessly bully and mock her and she has now given in and had plastic surgery.This was a once confident happy woman who didn't care how she looked but was told by society 'you do not fit the mould,you are not good enough.'

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 am

Sassy wrote:Well said young lady and don't forget the airbrushing.  When you think of the lengths that women will go to, to attain this mythical perception it is actually quite scarey.   Botox, plastic surgery that goes wrong, starving themselves, giving themselves cancer by lying under sunbeds, the list goes on.   It takes a strong woman in this day and age to say, this is me, if you don't like it, tough.   I think you might be one though  Wink     

Thankyou but I must admit I have gone on sunbeds... No 

You may slap me now lol  ::fishffight:: 

Yes I say this is me,take it or leave it and in real life not had a problem. Online World was an entirely different matter,I was told I should have plastic surgery as I was so incredibly disgusting to behold and that was one of the milder comments.

Personally I would never have botox (its injecting poison in the face!! :aspukeas: ) and could surely be potentially very dangerous.

Society promotes the idea that women need to stop and halt the ageing process by any means possible and should even inject poison so they have no facial expressions. Things have already gone way too far and I dread to think how much worse it is going to get.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down