NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Israeli and Palestinian running battles?

3 posters

Go down

Israeli and Palestinian running battles?  Empty Israeli and Palestinian running battles?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Israeli and Palestinian running battles?
Israel prevents an Olympic athlete from the Gaza Strip from competing in a marathon in the occupied West Bank.

A marathon in the occupied West Bank is raising tensions between Israelis and Palestinians.

Two-and-a-half thousand people took part in the Palestine Marathon on Friday. The event was inaugurated in 2013 as an expression of statehood and the Palestinians' right to free movement.

But 30 runners from the Gaza Strip were prevented from taking part, including Palestinian Olympic runner Nader Al-Masri, who competed in the 2008 Games in Beijing.

Written notification of the refusal was made available by the Israeli human rights watchdog Gisha. It said: "At the present time, in view of the current diplomatic-security situation, the entry of residents of the Gaza Strip to Israel is not allowed except in exceptional humanitarian cases, with emphasis on urgent medical cases."

Al-Masri told Al Jazeera of his frustrations, saying: "I felt very disapointed and very upset because I've been preparing myself for more than two months. The Israeli side shouldn't mix politics and sport, I am an athlete, I'm just representing my country."

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestory/2014/04/israeli-palestinian-running-battles-2014411174245512203.html

Petty, mean, small minded and shows everything that is wrong with the Israeli viewpoint of Palestine.

Try telling a London athlete that he can't run a marathon in Sheffield and he'd tell you where to go in no uncertain terms.

Back to top Go down

Israeli and Palestinian running battles?  Empty Re: Israeli and Palestinian running battles?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:48 pm

This fighting ain't EVER going to end.

Back to top Go down

Israeli and Palestinian running battles?  Empty Re: Israeli and Palestinian running battles?

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:04 am

Israeli athletes should be barred from competing at international events then. It's a shame for them but their government's decisions like this doesn't help.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm

it's their country, it's their choice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:it's their country, it's their choice...

Who's country? Who's choice?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:it's their country, it's their choice...

Who's country? Who's choice?
Israeli territory, israeli control...

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Occupied country!

So NOT theirs to TAKE.

But hey because its Muslims they are oppressing its all fine and dandy for the scums on here.

In regards to the OP I'm not surprised at all are you Sassy? After what the Israelies do daily?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:23 pm

plenty of territories are occupied, look at bradford and Leicester... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 pm

I take it then GiG, that you would have no problem if the palestinians "took back" their land (which as you say is "occupied") with a bit of help from Iran and co??

after all its their land, their choice......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:46 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:I take it then GiG, that you would have no problem if the palestinians "took back" their land (which as you say is "occupied") with a bit of help from Iran and co??

if they want to try its up to them, why does everyone want to meddle in the affairs of other countries...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:I take it then GiG, that you would have no problem if the palestinians "took back" their land (which as you say is "occupied") with a bit of help from Iran and co??

if they want to try its up to them, why does everyone want to meddle in the affairs of other countries...

good question....

i recon 90% of the answer is OIL....the other 10% is money......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 am

victorisnotamused wrote:

good question....

i recon 90% of the answer is OIL....the other 10% is money......

I think you are spot on victor, lets face it some despots round the globe have been left alone because they have nothing of value...

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:37 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:plenty of territories are occupied, look at bradford and Leicester... Smile 

I don't think anyone from Bradford or Leicester are barred from running in marathons in this country and they shouldn't be should they?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:39 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:plenty of territories are occupied, look at bradford and Leicester... Smile 

I don't think anyone from Bradford or Leicester are barred from running in marathons in this country and they shouldn't be should they?

i'm not so sure they shouldn't be, it would depend on what they had strapped to them at the time..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:45 am

You are so boring, so stupid and such an arsehole I wonder why you bother to get up in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:46 am

Irn Bru wrote:

i'm not so sure they shouldn't be, it would depend on what they had strapped to them at the time..

You think anyone from Bradford or Leicester should be banned from running marathons if they have something strapped to them like what?

And would this banning measure apply to all people from any other part of the country as well?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 am

Irn Bru wrote:

You think anyone from Bradford or Leicester should be banned from running marathons if they have something strapped to them like what?

And would this banning measure apply to all people from any other part of the country as well?

anyone who runs around with explosives strapped to them should be banned from marathons yes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:52 am

Irn Bru wrote:

anyone who runs around with explosives strapped to them should be banned from marathons yes...

Of course they should be banned. Thanks for that.

lol! 

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:12 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:Occupied country!

So NOT theirs to TAKE.

But hey because its Muslims they are oppressing its all fine and dandy for the scums on here.

In regards to the OP I'm not surprised at all are you Sassy? After what the Israelies do daily?

Indeed it is occupied

The Israelis are taking it back from the occupying Muslim forces

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Occupied country!

So NOT theirs to TAKE.

Indeed it is occupied

The Israelis are taking it back from the occupying Muslim forces

No they are trying to to steal it from the traditional owners Philistine/Palestine

The Philistines (/ˈfɪlɨstiːnz/, /ˈfɪlɨstaɪnz/, /fɨˈlɪstɨnz/, or /fɨˈlɪstiːnz/;[1] Hebrew: פְּלִשְׁתִּים, Plištim) were a people described in the Hebrew Bible, said to have ruled the five city-states (the "Philistine Pentapolis") of Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron and Gath, from Wadi Gaza in the south to the Yarqon River in the north, but with no fixed border to the east.[2] The Bible portrays them as among the Kingdom of Israel's most dangerous enemies.[2]

Bible Exodus 13:17: wrote:Then it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, "Lest perhaps the people change their minds when they see war, and return to Egypt."

So even in the telling of the Story of Moses (which is led to wander around the desert rather than attack the Philistines directly) clearly says they had the Land BEFORE Moses, thus before Israel ever existed.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 am

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

traditional owners

which ones the philistines or the Palestinians??

::smthg::  ::smthg::  ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 am

smelly_bandit wrote:://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

traditional owners

which ones the philistines or the Palestinians??

::smthg::  ::smthg::  ::smthg:: 

Interesting how far back does the ancestry of the majority of the Palestinians go in the area?

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2009/01/shared-genetic-heritage-of-Jews-and.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down