NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message

3 posters

Go down

Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message Empty Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:16 pm

LAHORE: A court in eastern Pakistan has sentenced a Christian couple to death for sending a blasphemous text message insulting to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), their lawyer said Saturday.

Judge Mian Amir Habib handed the death sentence to Shafqat Emmanuel and Shagufta Kausar in a jail in the town of Toba Tek Singh on Friday, defence lawyer Nadeem Hassan told AFP.

Prosecution department officials confirmed the sentence.

The impoverished couple, who are in their forties, have three children and live in the town of Gojra, which has a history of violence against Christians, Hassan said.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/691720/couple-gets-death-over-blasphemous-text-message/

Back to top Go down

Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message Empty Re: Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Tesstacious wrote:LAHORE: A court in eastern Pakistan has sentenced a Christian couple to death for sending a blasphemous text message insulting to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), their lawyer said Saturday.

Judge Mian Amir Habib handed the death sentence to Shafqat Emmanuel and Shagufta Kausar in a jail in the town of Toba Tek Singh on Friday, defence lawyer Nadeem Hassan told AFP.

The impoverished couple, who are in their forties, have three children and live in the town of Gojra, which has a history of violence against Christians, Hassan said.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/691720/couple-gets-death-over-blasphemous-text-message/

so we have Muslim "clerics" in this country who actively preach hate and we struggle to send them home, a Christian sends a blasphemous text and they get the death sentence..

hmmm sharia law is going to change Britain a little...

Back to top Go down

Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message Empty Re: Christian couple sentenced to death over 'blasphemous' text message

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't share your comparisons and distinctions, GIG. But I do agree to the extent that both christians and Muslims are the products of ignorance. Belief in religious hocus-pocus can be harmful to the health, no matter what the mythology.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:50 pm

not sure how it is blasphemous Jesus is used as a swear word in many languages , just shows how different the Christian faith is and how tolerant we are and yet saying something against muhamed gets someone the death sentence, but i am pretty sure it will be justified by some on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:I don't share your comparisons and distinctions, GIG.  But I do agree to the extent that both christians and Muslims are the products of ignorance.  Belief in religious hocus-pocus can be harmful to the health, no matter what the mythology.

thanks for that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:I don't share your comparisons and distinctions, GIG.  But I do agree to the extent that both christians and Muslims are the products of ignorance.  Belief in religious hocus-pocus can be harmful to the health, no matter what the mythology.
how strange you wrote christians with lower case and Muslims with upper , did you realize you had done that lol , because its very important to me as a chrisitan that my faith gets the same respect as others

Ben was supposed to have sorted it and chrisitan should automatically now show as a capital C which it doesn't seem to be doing  Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

thanks for that

It will be justified i bet there are some who are really pleased this is happening as it will be 2 less christians on the earth , didge will love it for sure no doubt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Muslim Christian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Muslims christians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Muslims jews

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:00 pm

just checked to see if it was right and it seems that Ben has forgotten to make sure that christians and jews get the automatic capital the same as Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Muslim jew
Muslims jews
Muslims christians

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:34 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
how strange you wrote christians with lower case and Muslims with upper , did you realize you had done that lol , because its very important to me as a chrisitan that my faith gets the same respect as others

I didn't write christian with a lower case and muslims with an upper case.  I specifically wrote both in lower case letters.  I disrespect both religions equally.

Insofar as I see no reason to distinguish any belief system as special or meaningful, I simply follow the ordinary rules of English grammar.  Upper-case to begin a sentence, for proper names and for specific nouns as distinct from general nouns (the Senate vs state senates).  I know I did not capitalize muslims, because I checked it to make sure.

I expect the NewsFx master board is rigged to do that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

I didn't write christian with a lower case and muslims with an upper case.  I specifically wrote both in lower case letters.  I disrespect both religions equally.

Insofar as I see no reason to distinguish any belief system as special or meaningful, I simply follow the ordinary rules of English grammar.  Upper-case to begin a sentence, for proper names and for specific nouns as distinct from general nouns (the Senate vs state senates).  I know I did not capitalize muslims, because I checked it to make sure.

I expect the NewsFx master board is rigged to do that.
It is. This has been mentioned but not changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:49 pm

just split us the word....Islam, m.uslim...

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:just split us the word....Islam, m.uslim...

You can override the master board in several ways. My custom when I find alterations and deletions I do not want, is to use either the bold, the italics or the underline functions, solely for the letter in question. It disrupts the flow of the message less.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:just split us the word....Islam, m.uslim...

You can override the master board in several ways.  My custom when I find alterations and deletions I do not want, is to use either the bold, the italics or the underline functions, solely for the letter in question.  It disrupts the flow of the message less.

good point..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:08 pm

If Muslims get capital then christians should also it is disrespectful to my faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:12 pm

VOD(original) wrote:If Muslims get capital then christians should also it is disrespectful to my faith

I think as a result of our exchange here and now, Ben has just changed it to suit you VOD.  So both Muslims and Christian are the winners.

An' if it ever bothers me enuff, I'll do the above.

(Well, now I notice it doesn't work for Christian when pluralized = christians.)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:LAHORE: A court in eastern Pakistan has sentenced a Christian couple to death for sending a blasphemous text message insulting to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), their lawyer said Saturday.

so we have Muslim "clerics" in this country who actively preach hate and we struggle to send them home, a Christian sends a blasphemous text and they get the death sentence..

hmmm sharia law is going to change Britain a little...

Remember the hoo ha when Life of Brian came out?. How things have changed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:18 pm

I fixed the plural Christians thing -- in fact, I'm typing Christians in lowercase to test it in this comment.

Back to the original story -- interesting wrinkle I haven't seen discussed:

However, defence lawyer Hassan said that the text originated from a cellphone which the couple had lost some time before the incident, so they could not have sent the message.

The defence lawyer said that the couple had suspected rivals of implicating them into blasphemy case to settle personal scores and that they had ties with the complainant.

So people apparently use this draconian law to get those they don't like put to death. I wouldn't be surprised if their phone had been stolen, and I think if I lived there I'd not even own a cell phone.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:18 pm

OK, it worked.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I fixed the plural Christians thing -- in fact, I'm typing Christians in lowercase to test it in this comment.

However, defence lawyer Hassan said that the text originated from a cellphone which the couple had lost some time before the incident, so they could not have sent the message.

The defence lawyer said that the couple had suspected rivals of implicating them into blasphemy case to settle personal scores and that they had ties with the complainant.

So people apparently use this draconian law to get those they don't like put to death. I wouldn't be surprised if their phone had been stolen, and I think if I lived there I'd not even own a cell phone.

Best not to LIVE there methinks...........

So the couple are released then and not put to death?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:24 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I fixed the plural Christians thing -- in fact, I'm typing Christians in lowercase to test it in this comment.

Apparently they get an appeal. I hope they're able to turn up definitive proof that they didn't send the text -- and that that law gets struck down, that's ridiculous.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Apparently they get an appeal. I hope they're able to turn up definitive proof that they didn't send the text -- and that that law gets struck down, that's ridiculous.

Ridiculous laws in a ridiculous country!

People can make crap up about their enemies and they can easily be put to death!

Sad state of affairs!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:27 pm

It isn't a freedom of speech though is it , we are lucky to we can express i thoughts .

MY sister in law lived in Thailand for 3 years and she said if anyone called the King there they could get sent to prison , the prisons would be full here as many call the Queen lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:32 pm

VOD(original) wrote:It isn't a freedom of speech though is it , we are lucky to we can express i thoughts .

MY sister in law lived in Thailand for 3 years and she said if anyone called the King there they could get sent to prison , the prisons would be full here as many call the Queen lol

I've heard of that -- apparently everyone's required by law to stand during the national anthem every day as well?

Pfft.

How different we are in America ...  ::D:: 

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down