NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row

3 posters

Go down

David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row Empty David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:26 am

The Prime Minister is under fire for lauding customers who shop at Waitrose saying they are more "talkative and engaged".

Labour has branded David Cameron as "stuck-up" and "out of touch" for saying the most friendly supermarket shoppers are found at the high-end Waitrose.

Michael Dugher, the shadow cabinet office minister, said: "There's nothing wrong enjoying shopping at Waitrose but Cameron seems to be saying that at Waitrose you get a better class of shopper."

The comments placed the Prime Minister a "world away" from squeezed families shopping around to watch every penny, he said.

He added: "This is a bizarre and empty-headed intervention from a Prime Minister who increasingly gives the impression of being stuck-up and out of touch."

Mr Cameron made the remarks during a visit to a Manchester branch of the supermarket's parent company John Lewis.

He said: "I have got a piece of supermarket sociology, which is that there is something about Waitrose customers ... they are the most talkative.

"I found that if I shop in Waitrose it takes me about twice as long as everyone wants to stop you and have a chat. Whereas in other supermarkets I find I can dart round very quickly and get everything.

"It is something about your customers, they are very talkative, engaged people."

Mr Cameron said he opts for Waitrose whenever possible and also uses Ocado, the online store that delivers Waitrose goods as well as its own.

However, he said he went to Sainsbury's near his constituency home in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, "because there isn't a Waitrose".

http://news.sky.com/story/1236566/david-cameron-in-waitrose-shoppers-row

OMG! This about the shoppers who didn't want the hoi polloi having the free coffee in the Waitrose Coffee Shops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row Empty Re: David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 am

I thought he bought pasties in Leeds station. Laughing

Well he claimed he did. What a clown coming out with all that nonsense.

Big Andy's wife shops at Waitrose so he'll be pleased even though he has been trying to get her to shop at Aldi's or Lidl's.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row Empty Re: David Cameron In Waitrose Shoppers Row

Post by gerber Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 am

Saw this, didn't post.................. have to agree with DC..... Might not haved it down if posted.

Is that my first second or third strike...........

Why do I agree, all shoppers put trolleys in appropiate bays, no need for coins to operate trolleys, one is waiting to purchase fresh Horseradish and there is no furor or rampage, everyone waits and speaks.......

Love it and the free coffee

And save more than going to Tescos before you all shout obscenities. Waitrose is cheaper.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 am

gerber wrote:Saw this, didn't post..................  have to agree with DC.....  Might not haved it down if posted.

Why do I agree, all shoppers put trolleys in appropiate bays, no need for coins to operate trolleys, one is waiting to purchase fresh Horseradish and there is no furor or rampage, everyone waits and speaks.......

And save more than going to Tescos before you all shout obscenities.  Waitrose is cheaper.

...that does it Gerbs.....your on your second strike!! Laughing 

Seriously, although we have no Waitrose up here, I never knew they would be as cheap as Tesco? What a Face 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 am

We shop at the higher end of the market - Morrisons.

And I only dine in the finest restaurants as well. Indeed the restaurant where I dine most often is so exclusive that the lobsters actually get to pick the dinner that they want to be served up to.

They really are that fussy.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:46 am

Joy Division wrote:
gerber wrote:Saw this, didn't post..................  have to agree with DC.....  Might not haved it down if posted.

And save more than going to Tescos before you all shout obscenities.  Waitrose is cheaper.

...that does it Gerbs.....your on your second strike!! Laughing 

Seriously, although we have no Waitrose up here, I never knew they would be as cheap as Tesco? What a Face 

Damn....

thought i got the third....... must try harder.....xx

We do have them here and they do have the same prices, difference is better quality and much longer fridge life.... making them cheaper as far as I am concerned. Less waste for one and the knowledge that one can go to the fridge three days later if not a week and the food be as good as the day it as purchased, so no throwing away limp leaves, off cream, turned yogurt.....

Am being serious btw no wind up - genuine...... and lucky they are on my doorstep.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:49 am

Gerbs my darling, gonna do a Max Bygraves and 'tell you a little story'.   Couple of Christmas's ago my brother gave me John Lewis vouchers, the equivalent of a weeks shop which I normally do at Asda these days, on line, but I used to do as Sainsburys on line until they got so damn expensive.   To cut to the chase, couldn't get to a John Lewis, so decided to use them is Waitrose.   Big, big mistake.  The expensive was beyond reason, spent the vouchers and then had to go to Aldi to make up the shop, because couldn't pay for half of what I wanted in Waitrose on the same amount of money.   Never, ever, going there again.

PS after reading your post, I buy good thick greek yoghurt and it keeps for two weeks, not two days, everything keeps just the same.

Last edited by Sassy on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:49 am

Irn Bru wrote:We shop at the higher end of the market - Morrisons.

And I only dine in the finest restaurants as well. Indeed the restaurant where I dine most often is so exclusive that the lobsters actually get to pick the dinner that they want to be served up to.

Laughing 

Tour right though Irn, he is a knob coming out with that gash, it's demanding , boastful and patronising ...knowing full well the majority of folk can only even struggle to afford at the discounted food stores.

As said. Well out of touch, especially for a PM to say that....
He might not think it, but silly remarks like that can chip away at his votes' most likely only a tiny amount if any...but let him dig his hole further.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 am

Irn Bru wrote:We shop at the higher end of the market - Morrisons.

You Sir are very lucky to be living where you do............ Some of us cannot choose such a delightful Country..... with such delectable fresh foods and the Restaurants that have the nonce how to cook 'em....

A very jealous peasant
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:02 am

OK guys............

getting the message but are you...... No offence

Waitrose in South Northants is the cheapeast place to shop. Last time I was in Tescos I save 75p, Sainsburys, do half and half with Waitrose.....

Tescos do the ads get all and sundry in and actually charge more around here anyways. I know ro speking t others prices differ as does petrol

We here are very lucky, but diesel is abouth the most expensive in England.

Son home from Edinburgh uni has problems with the cost of everything here, and he lives, dines, socializes in Edinburgh,,
A burger eating house in Milton Keynes is £ 20 more expensive than the same in Edinburgh. for a meal for two.....
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:06 am

Oh good grief. You are definitely going to have to stop eating burgers!  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 am

it is true honest............... he took junior out for a treat................ Oh Timothy the bill.

£20 is a lot of money for the same product.................

We are being ripped off something chronic. Could even join a Union and begin holding a flagpole wearing a high vis vest, protesting up Midsummer Boulevard, will still have a little style .............. Stilettos on feet no matter how they hurt

What gets me is the minimum wage is the same here as with you and everybody else..............

£20 is alot to me, to you ,to our son a student, but on the minimum wage it is the earth................. Three hours work to get a burger for two.

I am Conservative, and my hope is all can afford to work and buy treats......., We consider going out for a burger a treat btw but usually it is the drive through. Cannot afford to go with Oh and junior to middle son' choice .
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:23 am

gerber wrote:it is true honest...............  he took junior out for a treat................  Oh Timothy the bill.

We are being ripped off something chronic.  Could even join a Union and begin holding a flagpole wearing a high vis vest, protesting up Midsummer Boulevard, will still have a little style ..............  Stilettos on feet no matter how they hurt

What gets me is the minimum wage is the same here as with you and everybody else..............

£20 is alot to me, to you ,to our son a student, but on the minimum wage it is the earth................. Three hours work to get a burger for two.

I am Conservative, and my hope is all can afford to work and buy treats.......,  We consider going out for a burger a treat btw but usually it is the drive through.  Cannot afford to go with Oh and junior to middle son' choice .

Are you sure?  Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Catman wrote:
gerber wrote:it is true honest...............  he took junior out for a treat................  Oh Timothy the bill.

We are being ripped off something chronic.  Could even join a Union and begin holding a flagpole wearing a high vis vest, protesting up Midsummer Boulevard, will still have a little style ..............  Stilettos on feet no matter how they hurt

I am Conservative, and my hope is all can afford to work and buy treats.......,  We consider going out for a burger a treat btw but usually it is the drive through.  Cannot afford to go with Oh and junior to middle son' choice .

Are you sure?  Suspect 

Yep
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Sassy wrote:
The Prime Minister is under fire for lauding customers who shop at Waitrose saying they are more "talkative and engaged".

Labour has branded David Cameron as "stuck-up" and "out of touch" for saying the most friendly supermarket shoppers are found at the high-end Waitrose.

Michael Dugher, the shadow cabinet office minister, said: "There's nothing wrong enjoying shopping at Waitrose but Cameron seems to be saying that at Waitrose you get a better class of shopper."

The comments placed the Prime Minister a "world away" from squeezed families shopping around to watch every penny, he said.

He added: "This is a bizarre and empty-headed intervention from a Prime Minister who increasingly gives the impression of being stuck-up and out of touch."

Mr Cameron made the remarks during a visit to a Manchester branch of the supermarket's parent company John Lewis.

He said: "I have got a piece of supermarket sociology, which is that there is something about Waitrose customers ... they are the most talkative.

"I found that if I shop in Waitrose it takes me about twice as long as everyone wants to stop you and have a chat. Whereas in other supermarkets I find I can dart round very quickly and get everything.

"It is something about your customers, they are very talkative, engaged people."

Mr Cameron said he opts for Waitrose whenever possible and also uses Ocado, the online store that delivers Waitrose goods as well as its own.

However, he said he went to Sainsbury's near his constituency home in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, "because there isn't a Waitrose".

http://news.sky.com/story/1236566/david-cameron-in-waitrose-shoppers-row

OMG!   This about the shoppers who didn't want the hoi polloi having the free coffee in the Waitrose Coffee Shops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to talk about your long held views that Labours Plan B as enacted by Hollande is the right way. Of course when you are deeply embarrassed you talk about Waitrose. How lame is this????

Labour economic record is consistently wrong and the best they can do is talk Waitrose. Pathetic.

If this is the best attack you can mount despite your massive advantage due to boundariess you won't get a majority for your beloved spend spend spend policies.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down