NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic"

3 posters

Go down

British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic" Empty British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic"

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:42 pm

2nd April 2014

Just locked my front door just in case...   affraid 

A student visiting family in Iran has been locked up for five months after writing on Facebook that the country 'was too Islamic' during a family trip.

Roya Saberi Negad Nobakht, from Stockport, was arrested as she stepped off a plane in the provincial city of Shiraz and accused of being a spy, said her husband Daryoush Taghipoor.

Daryoush said his 47-year-old wife has been detained at Evin, a prison in the capital Tehran, on suspicion of plotting to commit crimes against security and insulting Islam.

He claims her arrest was over comments she made on an internet chat forum and to friends on Facebook about the Iranian government being too controlling and ‘too Islamic’.

Part-time chef Daryoush and Roya, an English student at Stockport College, have lived in Heald Green for six years and are naturalised British citizens.

Daryoush, 47, said his wife had done nothing wrong and feared for her life.

Speaking from Iran, he added: 'It’s a very bad situation. We don’t know what’s going on.

'Roya is not well at all. She has lost three stone and is frightened. She is scared that the government will kill her.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2594981/British-wife-held-Iranian-prison-arrested-writing-Facebook-country-Islamic-trip-visit-family.html#ixzz2xji6OGI3

EDIT from Ben, April 7 (my time):

Nobakht, 47, from Stockport, has been detained in an Iranian prison and charged with "insulting Islamic sanctities", a crime punishable by death.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/roya-nobakht-british-woman-may-face-execution-iran-insulting-Islam-facebook-1443257

Original (Daily Mail) source does not include the information about her being charged with "insulting Islamic sanctities," but this info is carried in several other sources I found, so I edited the headline closer to BA's original.

Last edited by BigAndy9 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic" Empty Re: British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic"

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:54 pm

This is just ridiculous, the woman is right, they are way behind the times and although an Islamic country,mom think it is way OTT on not just Islam, but life itself!!

To jail her for those comments really shows how intolerable , oppressive and ridiculous the Iranian government are.

Sooner or later I can see the people of Iran turning on the government and Ayatollah bloke.

A very dangerous country , am done that needs watching ..I feel sorry for those in Iran who do not wish to live by such ridiculous laws.

There are actually some young folk in Iran who drink and party, but I think they have to do this out of sight indoors...

No bloody wonder, with a government like that upholding the Ayatollah bloke's OTT religious stuff...which should never be forced upon anyone.

I think even Pakistan are not as oppressive as Iran.

Disgraceful jailing the woman.

Back to top Go down

British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic" Empty Re: British Woman Locked Up For 'Espionage, Insulting Islamic Sanctities' After Writing On Facebook That Iran Is "Too Islamic"

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 pm

They did try a few years ago if you remember.

The whole thing is rather ironic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Is this what happens Ben?

lol

When somebody says you're a whiny little boy who can't handle other peoples different views do you whine and then ban them like the Muslims do Ben?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

So she was arrested for being a spy and the claim is it was over comments made on facebook?

What I have to ask is why would you write something on facebook about Iran, knowing you have relatives who see what you write on Facebook in Iran and the place is run by ultra conservative Muslims and then visit there?
Of course she should be able to write what she likes and that is not what she is being charged with, but considering the barbaric laws of that nation she was daft to do so in the first place if she was going to go there

Last edited by Didge on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Is this what happens Ben?

lol

When somebody says you're a whiny little boy who can't handle other peoples different views do you whine and then ban them like the Muslims do Ben?

Fixed your headline there, Andy! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Is this what happens Ben?

lol

Fixed your headline there, Andy! Smile

You shouldn't have changed my headline Ben - you're making a fool of yourself.

The headline in the Daily Mail is

British wife is being held in Iranian prison after being arrested for writing on Facebook that the country ‘was too Islamic’ during trip to visit family

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2594981/British-wife-held-Iranian-prison-arrested-writing-Facebook-country-Islamic-trip-visit-family.html#ixzz2xkR3D32N

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Why have you changed the title Ben? Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:14 pm

eddie wrote:Why have you changed the title Ben?  Rolling Eyes 

Because the husband claims it was because of Facebook, what are the charges though Eddie?
She was arrested it says on claims she was a spy

Thus the Title is a tad misleading

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Because it didn't summarize the facts of the story accurately.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Didge wrote:

Because the husband claims it was because of Facebook, what are the charges though Eddie?

It's strange to go changing thread titles though didge.

The title was taken from the news website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:17 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

Not really, I find many of the Mail's headlines utterly a poor reflection of many of their stories, what is wrong with making the headline more accurate to the actual story?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

But wasn't the original titlle, the title that daily mail used?
I'm slightly confused.  :\\:[: 
Ben tbh, your dislike of Andy is making you look bullish.
I had you down as fair but you're acting a little childish.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I'm tired of seeing him post propaganda on here. If he wants to report the news, that's one thing, but don't twist the facts.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Not really, I find many of the Mail's headlines utterly a poor reflection of many of their stories, what is wrong with making the headline more accurate to the actual story?

Because he only does it to Andy, perhaps?
If he did it to you didge, you'd argue until your words stole your last breath.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

I'm tired of seeing him post propaganda on here. If he wants to report the news, that's one thing, but don't twist the facts.

He did report the news Ben.
He used the headline that the newspaper used.

You're having a bloody tantrum because you don't like Andy.

"Emotions clouding logic."
Didge! Tell him off!!  lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Again Eddie, the Mail use a headline to attract attention, does not mean though the headline reflects the story, so why the fuss for changing it to read something more accurate to the contents of the story?
The Mail is very well known for spinning a good headline

I fail to see the fuss hear to be honest and in fact the Mail's headline was misleading, because the husbands claim is just that, a claim, not though actually what is documented as to why she was arrested.
So would it not be more accurate to say in the headline "woman arrested as spy, but husband claims is over comments from facebook"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Actually Eddie I back Ben here 100%, the Mail does this often with misleading headlines, this is nothing new.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Again Eddie, the Mail use a headline to attract attention, does not mean though the headline reflects the story, so why the fuss for changing it to read something more accurate to the contents of the story?

I fail to see the fuss hear to be honest and in fact the Mail's headline was misleading, because the husbands claim is just that, a claim, not though actually what is documented as to why she was arrested.
So would it not be more accurate to say in the headline "woman arrested as spy, but husband claims is over comments from facebook"?

Didge, you know that if dean did that to you on a story you posted, you'd argue till the words stole your last breath.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Jesus didge - so we're now having to check the media outlet has got the wording correct?

Come on man, I posted it in good faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Also Eddie, I am afraid Andy does seem to get a hard on when he reads any news story with the words Islam, Muslim, immigrant of foreigner in the headlines

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 pm

The actual article states:

A student visiting family in Iran has been locked up for five months after writing on Facebook that the country 'was too Islamic' during a family trip.

Roya Saberi Negad Nobakht, from Stockport, was arrested as she stepped off a plane in the provincial city of Shiraz and accused of being a spy, said her husband Daryoush Taghipoor.

Daryoush said his 47-year-old wife has been detained at Evin, a prison in the capital Tehran, on suspicion of plotting to commit crimes against security and insulting Islam.

The charge is esponiage, not insulting Islam. Insulting Islam is the suspicion of her husband but not what authorities actually charged her with.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

Jesus didge - so we're now having to check the media outlet has got the wording correct?

Come on man, I posted it in good faith.

Actually the Mail has had to change its titles before because they were misleading, an example was British Muslims back honour killing, which was then later changed after shown to be wrong.
So if the Mail has to change its headlines, which it has done on a few occasions, I fail to see your fuss.
Seriously just bash out the hard on you have over the word Islam here and get it over with

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm

silam needs protecting obviously i will be watching to see if the CHRISTIAN  news reports are accurate from now on .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Oh sorry I get it now!
If Ben likes the title, it stays, if he doesn't, he changes it, regardless of whether it's actually a newspaper headline.

I just didn't see it before.

"Join my forum. It's not Free speech it's ME Speech!"

Nice.  Cool 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

eddie wrote:Oh sorry I get it now!
If Ben likes the title, it stays, if he doesn't, he changes it, regardless of whether it's actually a newspaper headline.

I just didn't see it before.

"Join my forum. It's not Free speech it's ME Speech!"

Nice.  Cool 

No, eddie, it's that it's important to have the facts straight in headlines.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

VOD(original) wrote:silam needs protecting obviously i will be watching to see if the CHRISTIAN  news reports are accurate from now on .

Is there something wrong with your hands? Can you not type?

Do we have stories of Christians on here daily?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Where has Didge posted factually inaccurate thread titles?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:silam needs protecting obviously i will be watching to see if the CHRISTIAN  news reports are accurate from now on .

We could  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:33 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

BigM, this NEWS FORUM will more than likely reflect the content of British news stories because the vast majority of posters are British and it's a NEWS FORUM.

Now, there are plenty of Christian threads, made out of spite because of two new posters.

The threads regarding Muslims are current, taken from news websites directly and usually headlines that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 pm

lovedust wrote:
eddie wrote:

Where has Didge posted factually inaccurate thread titles?

Good point and thanks

What Eddie is missing though is I don;t post Daily Mail articles, mainly because I think the paper is a pile of shit and it has many misleading headlines.

Take again the non-story tribunal case of the Muslim couple, when there are utterly thousands of tribunal cases, it was printed because it shows Muslims in a bad light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

BigM, this NEWS FORUM will more than likely reflect the content of British news stories because the vast majority of posters are British and it's a NEWS FORUM.

Now, there are plenty of Christian threads, made out of spite because of two new posters.

The threads regarding Muslims are current, taken from news websites directly and usually headlines that day.

But Andy, if the reporting is quite inaccurate, it won't be a true reflection of *any* real news, British or otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Can I just add that my edit to the headline ADDS information -- that she was charged with espionage -- and RETAINS the fact that the arrest came directly after she criticized Islam on Facebook.

I think it's fair and that it's more accurate than the original article's headline. If you look beyond any irritation with me and just at the facts, I think you might actually agree with me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:46 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

its normal to make a typo  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Wouldn't be because your husband suggested it on another thread would it VOD?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:53 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Andy not once have I ever bothered to condemn you what you post. You post daily about Muslims and yet I will debate but I have to the best of my knowledge never said for you to stop?

My post was in reference to VOD saying SILAM??? needs to be protected. Do you get it?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

We could  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Hahaha!  alien 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Sassy wrote:Wouldn't be because your husband suggested it on another thread would it VOD?
I noticed it first in the thread about flop check out the times then see my husband posted about it later on .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:10 am

Have some posts been deleted from this thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Have some posts been deleted from this thread?
which ones do you think have been deleted Andy ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 am

VOD(original) wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Have some posts been deleted from this thread?
which ones do you think have been deleted Andy ?

I just thought there were a lot more posts than this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down