NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

+2
Ben Reilly
Lurker
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe Empty Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

Post by Lurker Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 pm

“The Crab Nebula is about 6,500 light years from Earth,” Tyson said. “According to some beliefs, that’s the age of the whole universe, but if the universe were only 6,500 years old, how could we see light from anything more distant than the Crab Nebula? We couldn’t.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/01/neil-degrasse-tyson-trolls-creationists-on-cosmos-with-puny-size-of-biblical-universe/
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe Empty Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Oh dear, I see another religion thread starting  Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe Empty Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 pm

JD? Smile

Actually creationists have a wide variety of really stupid answers to the starlight problem:

1. Astronomers are completely wrong about the distances, and all apparently distant objects are within a bubble of 6000 light years or less centered on the solar system.

2. The distances are real, but light takes short cuts through space according to an article by Moon and Spencer published in 1953.

3. The velocity of light was much higher in the past, by factors of millions or more, and slowed down to the present value.

4. A variation of (3) is that somehow between leaving the distant star and arriving at the earth, the starlight speeded up, perhaps to an infinite velocity, then slowed down again on reaching the earth.

5. The distances are real and the light has traveled at a constant velocity, but the earth was at or close to the center of a white hole, which caused such an enormous distortion of space-time, that billions of years in the external universe elapsed during the creation week on the earth.

6. God created the light in transit from distant stars to give the universe the appearance of age.

7. All astronomers, except for a handful of creationist astronomers, are somehow deceived by Satan, or their brains are so completely polluted by sin that they cannot see the “truth”.

8. A variation of (7) but all astronomers are engaged in a world wide conspiracy to cover up the “truth”.

9. Astronomers are making some sort of assumptions, which are often a combination of several of the above arguments.

10. Epistemological nihilism – because we do not know everything about the universe, and we probably never well, what we do know is completely useless, so we know nothing at all.

http://www.csharp.com/starlight.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Just stop it! You are using logic, not applicable to HF, the Bible is fact! (No matter how bloody stupid lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Rolling Eyes 
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:42 pm

Sassy wrote:Just stop it!   You are using logic, not applicable to HF, the Bible is fact!  (No matter how bloody stupid lol)

Your beloved Muslims are also creationists you silly cow

And as an added bonus their religion teaches that the earth is flat and the sun orbits the earth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 pm

I know, I think that is stupid as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:14 am

and here's me thinking the world was a disc, supported by 4 elephants riding on the back of the celestial turtle....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:15 am

victorisnotamused wrote:and here's me thinking the world was a disc, supported by 4 elephants riding on the back of the celestial turtle....

It's turtles all the way down!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:16 am

nope there's definitely a layer of elephants.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 am

I love how a paranoid smelly assumed this was only a go at Christians and jumped in to attack Muslims.

Doesn't matter the religion smelly, if you think the Universe can be measured in thousands of years you are a thick git, Christian, Muslim or Jew Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:43 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:JD? Smile

Actually creationists have a wide variety of really stupid answers to the starlight problem:

1. Astronomers are completely wrong about the distances, and all apparently distant objects are within a bubble of 6000 light years or less centered on the solar system.

2. The distances are real, but light takes short cuts through space according to an article by Moon and Spencer published in 1953.

3. The velocity of light was much higher in the past, by factors of millions or more, and slowed down to the present value.

4. A variation of (3) is that somehow between leaving the distant star and arriving at the earth, the starlight speeded up, perhaps to an infinite velocity, then slowed down again on reaching the earth.

5. The distances are real and the light has traveled at a constant velocity, but the earth was at or close to the center of a white hole, which caused such an enormous distortion of space-time, that billions of years in the external universe elapsed during the creation week on the earth.

6. God created the light in transit from distant stars to give the universe the appearance of age.

7. All astronomers, except for a handful of creationist astronomers, are somehow deceived by Satan, or their brains are so completely polluted by sin that they cannot see the “truth”.

8. A variation of (7) but all astronomers are engaged in a world wide conspiracy to cover up the “truth”.

9. Astronomers are making some sort of assumptions, which are often a combination of several of the above arguments.

10. Epistemological nihilism – because we do not know everything about the universe, and we probably never well, what we do know is completely useless, so we know nothing at all.

http://www.csharp.com/starlight.html

My favourite creationist pearl was the following brief exchange:

"If the Earth is only a few thousand years old, how do you explain Dinosaurs?"

"God must have put them there to test my faith."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 am

Eilzel wrote:I love how a paranoid smelly assumed this was only a go at Christians and jumped in to attack Muslims.

Doesn't matter the religion smelly, if you think the Universe can be measured in thousands of years you are a thick git, Christian, Muslim or Jew Smile

Hear, hear! Speaking only for myself, the only time I stick up for Muslims is when someone treats them differently than any other religious wacko Smile

Lovedust, saw your post as I was about to post this, and I'd just comment -- how bullshit is it that people worship an entity that supposedly lies just to test them?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:00 am

Sassy wrote:Just stop it!   You are using logic, not applicable to HF, the Bible is fact!  (No matter how bloody stupid lol)

Your daughter is a vicar so shouldn't you at least give the bible and her faith a chance .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 am

I think he is right , the earth isn't 6000 years old its billions of years old i have never believed the 6000 year old teaching and the bible doesn't say that either it doesn't mention the age of the earth .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28 am

It does however give us the genealogy of Biblical characters going back from Roman times (a clearly recorded time in human history) right back to Adam and Eve, who, according to the Bible, were created in the first week of Earth's existence- therefore we can measure the age of the Earth roughly according to the Bible, as creationists do. Only their results are way off the actual age as we know it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Eilzel wrote:It does however give us the genealogy of Biblical characters going back from Roman times (a clearly recorded time in human history) right back to Adam and Eve, who, according to the Bible, were created in the first week of Earth's existence- therefore we can measure the age of the Earth roughly according to the Bible, as creationists do. Only their results are way off the actual age as we know it.

the bible never states the age of the earth, the bible does use a word, that means a length of time beyond comprehension or imagination, so when you consider how long some of the bible characters lived i would consider that to be more than 6000 years..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:55 pm

VOD(original) wrote:

Your daughter is a vicar so shouldn't you at least give the bible and her faith a chance .

Actually, no!   My daughter knows I love her, but she also knows I think religion is the bane of the world, I would rather she didn't spend her life on something that doesn't exist, but what she does is her own affair, she is 45 this year.   However, I am rather pleased that she and her congregation are very non judgemental, would happily have gay weddings and she is definitely not a creationist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Sassy wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

Actually, no!   My daughter knows I love her, but she also knows I think religion is the bane of the world, I would rather she didn't spend her life on something that doesn't exist, but what she does is her own affair, she is 45 this year.   However, I am rather pleased that she and her congregation are very non judgemental, would happily have gay weddings and she is definitely not a creationist.

not a creationist..lol what sort of vicar is she...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Same as most vicars GIG including the forner Archbishop of Canterbury.

And the Bible doesn't need to state the age of the world. It is mathematica GIG, you take Adam and work out the number of years from his life to the time of Jesus, as creationists do, then you add 2014 years and you are left with the approximate age of the Earth according to a literal reading of the Bible.

Creationists like Ken Ham spend a lot of time arguing for this Biblical truth. Fact is if you are a scriptural literalist or creationist this is the kind of BS you subscripe to Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Eilzel wrote:Same as most vicars GIG including the forner Archbishop of Canterbury.

And the Bible doesn't need to state the age of the world. It is mathematica GIG, you take Adam and work out the number of years from his life to the time of Jesus, as creationists do, then you add 2014 years and you are left with the approximate age of the Earth according to a literal reading of the Bible.

Creationists like Ken Ham spend a lot of time arguing for this Biblical truth. Fact is if you are a scriptural literalist or creationist this is the kind of BS you subscripe to Wink

so you are saying vicars don't believe god created the earth, animals and people...lol..Laughing 

i read the bible for myself i don't need answers in genesis and the word the bible uses for the age of the earth means a time beyond imagination... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:36 pm

They think it was a metaphor for how man began, because at the time they couldn't explain it. There aren't many Christians who don't believe in evolution and don't take the bible as the literal truth, because it was written by people thousands of years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Creationist is a term applied to those who believe the literal story of Genesis. The former ABofC believes in the Big Bang and Evolution as part of God's creation.

And are you being completely ignorant of your own book?

It says, in the Bible who were Adams sons, who were son's sons; and so on up to Jesus; even a thicko like you knows this and can read this. It goes on up to Roman times and so you can add all those years up to get a relatively close age of the Earth up to that point.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Eilzel wrote:I love how a paranoid smelly assumed this was only a go at Christians and jumped in to attack Muslims.

It was until I mentioned it you imbecile

Racist Sassy goes straight in to attack Christianity not religion in general but she mentions the bible specifically

So not sure how it's a general thing when one religion is specified

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:09 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

Racist Sassy goes straight in to attack Christianity not religion in general but she mentions the bible specifically

The person who argues for literal readings of any religion here is HF, HF is Christian. If Zack or Sexy were here always arguing vigorously for literal interpretations of mythical Islamic stories then someone would have mentioned Islam. You are just bitching cause you want everyone to attack Islam alone all of the time- get over it  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

The person who argues for literal readings of any religion here is HF, HF is Christian. If Zack or Sexy were here always arguing vigorously for literal interpretations of mythical Islamic stories then someone would have mentioned Islam. You are just bitching cause you want everyone to attack Islam alone all of the time- get over it  Cool 

the thread was started and sassy immediately mentions Christianity

therefore it was started as a n attack on Christianity instead of religion in general even though Islam (a "religion") has the same point of view

sassy ignored this fact because she likes SM and fuzzmuck

the reason i mentioned it you simpleton is for one reason, to deflate the attack on Christianity which is exactly what ive done

if i hadn't, this thread would be 100 pages come morning , but since i have highlighted Islams stupidity, any attack on religion would have to involve Islam which you will never do

thus your unilateral attack on Christianity is stopped to spare Islam from criticism

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:21 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

therefore it was started as a n attack on Christianity instead of religion in general even though Islam (a "religion") has the same point of view

the reason i mentioned it you simpleton is for one reason, to deflate the attack on Christianity which is exactly what ive done

if i hadn't, this thread would be 100 pages come morning , but since i have highlighted Islams stupidity, any attack on religion would have to involve Islam which you will never do

thus your unilateral attack on Christianity is stopped to spare Islam from criticism  

Oh dear, fucked up again Smelly, my first post mentioned RELIGION and I only mentioned Christianity after VOD said about my eldest daughter being a Vicar. You really are useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Sassy wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Oh dear, fucked up again Smelly, my first post mentioned RELIGION and I only mentioned Christianity after VOD said about my eldest daughter being a Vicar.  You really are useless.

more lies for sassy - a liar and a racist

you mention the bible and HF in the 4th post,

lurker opens
you say "i see another religion thread starting""
ben chimes in with his usual inane commentary
then you mention the bible - Christianity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:49 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Oh dear, fucked up again Smelly, my first post mentioned RELIGION and I only mentioned Christianity after VOD said about my eldest daughter being a Vicar.  You really are useless.

lurker opens

Um, smelly? It's Christians who are commonly referenced by the term "creationist." It's a global Christian movement. If one were not talking about Christians they'd be likely to use the term "Islamic creationists," "Jewish creationists," etc.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lurker opens

Because you idiot, HF is the one that bangs on about creationism in thread after thread after thread. Nobody else does. What a useless article you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:04 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Did sassy start the thread? *checks* oh no I guess she didn't. Is sassy now the light bulb to the shitty-bore moth?

And fortunately Zack and Sexy are cool, and not wind-up trolls like yourself and HF, so why would anyone have a go at them?

Of course you probably didn't even care to notice the start of the thread, since as you admit you don't always read through- you just look for something to have a go at and start frothing manure  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

lurker opens

Um, smelly? It's Christians who are commonly referenced by the term "creationist." It's a global Christian movement. If one were not talking about Christians they'd be likely to use the term "Islamic creationists," "Jewish creationists," etc.

yes i understand that but its ignorant and scared little rabbits like you (who are so very good at attacking Christians who believe in creationism), that don't know Islam teaches the same thing AND plenty more even more believable fallacies to boot, and even if you did know haven't got the balls to call them up on it that have associated the term creationist with Christians

you don't want to criticize anyone else because jews are protected and Muslims will cut your head off so like a true coward you attack the soft target.

you then backtrack when you are picked up for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Sassy wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

lurker opens

Because you idiot, HF is the one that bangs on about creationism in thread after thread after thread.   Nobody else does.   What a useless article you are.

not on this thread

you went straight in for the attack on Christianity without provocation like a vicious attack dog we all know you are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 pm

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:14 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

yes i understand that but its ignorant and scared little rabbits like you (who are so very good at attacking Christians who believe in creationism), that don't know Islam teaches the same thing AND plenty more even more believable fallacies to boot, and even if you did know haven't got the balls to call them up on it that have associated the term creationist with Christians

you don't want to criticize anyone else because jews are protected and Muslims will cut your head off so like a true coward you attack the soft target.

You know what just chill out and think for a moment (it isn't THAT hard)...

What would be the point in going out of the way to attack specifically Islamic thinking here? It would be rather like shouting in an empty field wouldn't it? Sexy and Zack are almost never online so if we come on here slagging off Islamic myths or reasoning why such and such a thing is wrong then WHO is going to answer?

No one, that's who. How bloody boring....

Of course if someone is attacking creationism or the stories of Noah or Moses then OBVIOUSLY it is attacking the same beliefs of Christians, Muslims and Jews- it doesn't need making explicit because 1. no Muslims are around who will respond and 2. it is OBVIOUS they are included anyway.

Just because pissy little smelly wants everyone to slag off Muslims all the time  Rolling Eyes
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:16 pm

What's funny is that the first use of the word "Bible" in this entire thread is actually in the link in the first post Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Getting back on track, Creationists, whatever denomination they may be, are totally and utterly wrong about the age of the Universe, the Earth and everything else. As said above, Eizel or Ben I think, the Creationist's method of dating as was said, was arrived at by tracking back the lineages. Jehova's Witnesses and other sects place the date at about 4,000 BC, which of course is silly. Don't be too hard on Smelly for he is justified in mentioning Muslims. Islam can be included in this arguement as the Koran is, to a great extent, based on the Old Testament. Read it for yourselves if you don't believe me.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:Creationist is a term applied to those who believe the literal story of Genesis. The former ABofC believes in the Big Bang and Evolution as part of God's creation.

And are you being completely ignorant of your own book?

It says, in the Bible who were Adams sons, who were son's sons; and so on up to Jesus; even a thicko like you knows this and can read this. It goes on up to Roman times and so you can add all those years up to get a relatively close age of the Earth up to that point.

the bible never says the age of the earth and it uses a word that means a time beyond comprehension... Smile 

look for yourself... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:24 pm

stardesk wrote:Getting back on track, Creationists, whatever denomination they may be, are totally and utterly wrong about the age of the Universe, the Earth and everything else. As said above, Eizel or Ben I think, the Creationist's method of dating as was said, was arrived at by tracking back the lineages. Jehova's Witnesses and other sects place the date at about 4,000 BC, which of course is silly. Don't be too hard on Smelly for he is justified in mentioning Muslims. Islam can be included in this arguement as the Koran is, to a great extent, based on the Old Testament. Read it for yourselves if you don't believe me.

I have and you as others have missed a very important part out, it is all there but people take it from others instead of reading it for themselves..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

You know what just chill out and think for a moment (it isn't THAT hard)...

What would be the point in going out of the way to attack specifically Islamic thinking here? It would be rather like shouting in an empty field wouldn't it? Sexy and Zack are almost never online so if we come on here slagging off Islamic myths or reasoning why such and such a thing is wrong then WHO is going to answer?

No one, that's who. How bloody boring....

Of course if someone is attacking creationism or the stories of Noah or Moses then OBVIOUSLY it is attacking the same beliefs of Christians, Muslims and Jews- it doesn't need making explicit because 1. no Muslims are around who will respond and 2. it is OBVIOUS they are included anyway.

Just because pissy little smelly wants everyone to slag off Muslims all the time  Rolling Eyes

with that statement you've just admitted that it IS an attack on christian "myths and reasoning" since there is someone here to answer

funny that when those two are online you're as meek as a mouse and never challenge them on their myths and reasoning

are you really that much of a coward that you can only ever take on the soft target of Christianity???

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:04 am

^smelly, I had laid out a reasonable answer to you but then I figured it would be a waste of tome; so I'll just block out your wailing- take it as one them orgasmic victories you seem to get off on haha Smile

^GIG, I own a Bible and have read the whole of Genesis as well as the whole of many other books in the Bible; I've listened to debates by creationists and Stardesk is the most knowledgeable poster here on Biblical matters imo- I'm afraid your weak words are no counter to anything anyone here has said.

As an example of your dense 'the Bible never says' argument. Imagine I write an autobiography. I never mention my age or how long ago I was born. But the book clearly records each passing year up to the present.

Could you, from my autobiography, use it to figure out my age? Yes or no.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:41 am

I have little time for these religious nuts. That said look at the subject of Quantum entanglement and marvel at the fact that it defies all the current laws of physics and the physicist simply park it be because they cannot begin to explain it.

It is nonsense to suggest the Universe is only 6500 years old complete bunkum but QE is a fact stranger than fiction.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 am

Well said Kevin. How on earth do we get it into their heads that this planet, and all the life it supports is millions of years old. They are so wrapped up in their book of fantasy and myths, afraid to take their heads out of it and research for themselves. There are mountains of books, magazines and programmes that explain it all. There are many branches of science doing their own kind of research, all arriving at the same conclusions, that this planet and evolution are millions of years old. Physics, astronomy, archaeology, anthroplogy, palaeontolgy, geology, to name a few, all agreeing that life was not created, but a long process of transitions and adaptation.

Sometimes I view some of the Bible stories as a comedy, and I can well understand Monty Python's critical and satirical programmes.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Eilzel wrote:^smelly, I had laid out a reasonable answer to you but then I figured it would be a waste of tome; so I'll just block out your wailing- take it as one them orgasmic victories you seem to get off on haha Smile

^GIG, I own a Bible and have read the whole of Genesis as well as the whole of many other books in the Bible; I've listened to debates by creationists and Stardesk is the most knowledgeable poster here on Biblical matters imo- I'm afraid your weak words are no counter to anything anyone here has said.

As an example of your dense 'the Bible never says' argument. Imagine I write an autobiography. I never mention my age or how long ago I was born. But the book clearly records each passing year up to the present.

lol....your jokes are getting better every day les.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm

stardesk wrote:Well said Kevin. How on earth do we get it into their heads that this planet, and all the life it supports is millions of years old. They are so wrapped up in their book of fantasy and myths, afraid to take their heads out of it and research for themselves. There are mountains of books, magazines and programmes that explain it all. There are many branches of science doing their own kind of research, all arriving at the same  conclusions, that this planet and evolution are millions of years old. Physics, astronomy, archaeology, anthroplogy, palaeontolgy, geology, to name a few, all agreeing that life was not created, but a long process of transitions and adaptation.

Sometimes I view some of the Bible stories as a comedy, and I can well understand Monty Python's critical and satirical programmes.

i agree it's a lot more sensible to dance around in a maxi dress and ask mother earth to supply all our needs.... lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 pm

So no answer then? Says it all about your level of intellect and understanding.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:So no answer then? Says it all about your level of intellect and understanding.

why what did you ask me, I was talking to stardesk... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:^smelly, I had laid out a reasonable answer to you but then I figured it would be a waste of tome; so I'll just block out your wailing- take it as one them orgasmic victories you seem to get off on haha Smile

what else would i call it??

you're putting me on ignore after repeatedly being unable to justify your hypocrisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next