NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy'

3 posters

Go down

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy' Empty Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy'

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:08 pm

School contacted grandparents to advise that Sunnie learns to 'understand that God has made her female' or consider moving schools

An eight-year-old child has been pulled out of a Christian school after being told she is too much like a boy and needs to understand that 'God made her female'.

The child was taken out of school by her grandparents after they received a letter from the principal informing them that Sunnie Kahle’s appearance did not meet the school’s required biblical standards, because she was not feminine enough.

Sunnie has short hair and wears jeans and t-shirts to school, her grandmother Doris Thompson told The Associated Press, and enjoys playing sports.

Ms Thompson said she was left “stunned” when the Timberlake Christian School in Lynchburg, Virginia, contacted her to request that her grandaughter behave more in a manner they considered to be more female - or consider transferring to another institution.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/eightyearold-girl-sunnie-kahle-pulled-out-of-a-christian-school-for-being-too-much-like-a-boy-9223166.html

Back to top Go down

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy' Empty Re: Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy'

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:54 pm

If that was my child, I would take her out of that school immediately.

Back to top Go down

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy' Empty Re: Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy'

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Is the school an all girls school ?
Is there a dress code for the school such as girls wearing skirts boys wearing trousers , private schools are strict on dress code so if she was deliberately dressing as a boy then that's against the dress code .

It is a Christian school and her grandparents must have know this .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Didge wrote:School contacted grandparents to advise that Sunnie learns to 'understand that God has made her female' or consider moving schools

An eight-year-old child has been pulled out of a Christian school after being told she is too much like a boy and needs to understand that 'God made her female'.

The child was taken out of school by her grandparents after they received a letter from the principal informing them that Sunnie Kahle’s appearance did not meet the school’s required biblical standards, because she was not feminine enough.

Sunnie has short hair and wears jeans and t-shirts to school, her grandmother Doris Thompson told The Associated Press, and enjoys playing sports.

Ms Thompson said she was left “stunned” when the Timberlake Christian School in Lynchburg, Virginia, contacted her to request that her grandaughter behave more in a manner they considered to be more female - or consider transferring to another institution.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/eightyearold-girl-sunnie-kahle-pulled-out-of-a-christian-school-for-being-too-much-like-a-boy-9223166.html

Such repression in that school. Not only in the principal's judgment about the girl, but in their twisted standards.

This is why god is dead today. Oh...and thank god.  Smile 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:37 pm

VOD(original) wrote:Is the school an all girls school ?
Is there a dress code for the school such as girls wearing skirts boys wearing trousers , private schools are strict on dress code so if she was deliberately dressing as a boy then that's against the dress code .

If there a dress code this would have been established from day one by the looks of things and we the view they deem as dress code is based on classing women as sub servant, telling them they have no choice to be a Tom boy. It says the school wanted to work with the Grand parents, very noble of them, but the School already has a heavy prejudice view on:

The letter also advised that the school can deny enrollment based on applicants they consider to be condoning "sexual immorality," homosexuality or alternative gender identity.

I think in my view here what the school is implying is that you cannot be a Tom boy as a girl and be straight.
Thus the changing of clothes would not really matter would it for a child as a girl who likes to do things that boys do, of which many are not gay, hence the school has formed a poor stereotype view of Girls liking things boys do as now a sign she is a lesbian, by these last words:

“The school has never called the girl immoral, has never evicted her and is willing to work with her,” a spokesperson added. “She is a precious little girl.”

What was to work on with her precisely? A no dress code school, implementing one after because to me they fear this girl is gay for enjoying what is considered male hobbies and dress?
What they are saying is backwards, because what next, a woman should not do a certain role, because it is not feminine enough?

Hence why I agree with Nems, as the views by this school are very much dated to the world we live in today.

This also interesting and similar situation though in this case the school realised their mistake as they though their action was intended to help the boy when in fact it would not, it only takes away one of the tools the bullies use to get at him, and does not tackle the bullying itself :

http://news.yahoo.com/friendship-really-magic-school-pivots-allow-boy-little-175021374.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:School contacted grandparents to advise that Sunnie learns to 'understand that God has made her female' or consider moving schools

Such repression in that school.  Not only in the principal's judgment about the girl, but in their twisted standards.

This is why god is dead today.  Oh...and thank god.  Smile 

HI Quill

I honestly think this stemmed from a poor stereotype and anti homosexual prejudice the school has, due to the reply they gave using God as evidence, of which nobody can prove exists and stating it is wrong to like to do boyish things, which is daft unless they have some idiotic notion that all lesbians are not feminine at all, and that all Tom boys are lesbians.
This is what I think is really at the heart of this, which they thought with corrective action could change whether that child grew up being gay, not undertaking again it would be irrelevant what they did, if she isgay, then she would remain gay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:51 pm

I also wonder if they teach in that school the Christian Saint Joan of Arc.

"Yes children , she is a saint, who dressed like a man and had a male haircut and waged war with the English, but we can accept that because she is a saint"  

Mind you no doubt they would try to claim it was Gods judgement she was convicted and killed as a heretic for not being feminine, even though she is a saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Didge wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:Is the school an all girls school ?

If there a dress code this would have been established from day one by the looks of things and we the view they deem as dress code is based on classing women as sub servant, telling them they have no choice to be a Tom boy. It says the school wanted to work with the Grand parents, very noble of them, but the School already has a heavy prejudice view on:

The letter also advised that the school can deny enrollment based on applicants they consider to be condoning "sexual immorality," homosexuality or alternative gender identity.

I think in my view here what the school is implying is that you cannot be a Tom boy as a girl and be straight.
Thus the changing of clothes would not really matter would it for a child as a girl who likes to do things that boys do, of which many are not gay, hence the school has formed a poor stereotype view of Girls liking things boys do as now a sign she is a lesbian, by these last words:

“The school has never called the girl immoral, has never evicted her and is willing to work with her,” a spokesperson added. “She is a precious little girl.”

What was to work on with her precisely? A no dress code school, implementing one after because to me they fear this girl is gay for enjoying what is considered male hobbies and dress?
What they are saying is backwards, because what next, a woman should not do a certain role, because it is not feminine enough?

Hence why I agree with Nems, as the views by this school are very much dated to the world we live in today.

This also interesting and similar situation though in this case the school realised their mistake as they though their action was intended to help the boy when in fact it would not, it only takes away one of the tools the bullies use to get at him, and does not tackle the bullying itself  :

http://news.yahoo.com/friendship-really-magic-school-pivots-allow-boy-little-175021374.html

Wait, wait...back up. The article didn't say anything about a dress code, nor it say anything about the student except the principal's opinion. Apparently, this is all subjective. That's my objection about judgment...no standards.

Now we move on the the question of what standards? Where is this, Virginia? I'll bet it's a Mormon school, operating in the orbit of the Southern Virginia University, a Mormon university.

Suffice it to say that the school, in this case, is hiding a lot, and leaving everything to speculation and innuendo.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

This also interesting and similar situation though in this case the school realised their mistake as they though their action was intended to help the boy when in fact it would not, it only takes away one of the tools the bullies use to get at him, and does not tackle the bullying itself  :

Wait, wait...back up.  The article didn't say anything about a dress code, nor it say anything about the student except the principal's opinion.  Apparently, this is all subjective.  That's my objection about judgment...no standards.

Now we move on the the question of what standards?  Where is this, Virginia?  I'll bet it's a Mormon school, operating in the orbit of the Southern Virginia University, a Mormon university.

Suffice it to say that the school, in this case, is hiding a lot, and leaving everything to speculation and innuendo.  

That is why I was giving an opinion based assumption also, and yes I know they have no dress code, but this letter was trying to enforce one, as the letter does mention her dress:

“You’re probably aware that Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment … We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education.”

And it is a Baptist School

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Yep...after checking a map, it's in Lynchberg VA, right next to Virginia Southern University, in Buena Vista, VA.

Can I call 'em or what?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:Yep...after checking a map, it's in Lynchberg VA, right next to Virginia Southern University, in Buena Vista, VA.

Can I call 'em or what?  

Timberlake Christian Schools

http://tcs4u.org/

Though who knows what they are hiding as you say, that letter to me though was very much good evidence to their views and intentions:

You’re probably aware that Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment … We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Where do you see it is a Baptist School?  This is what the principal said:

Timberlake Principal wrote:"Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment."

That sounds suspiciously like Mormon rhetoric. I'll research further.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Well, you are right. It is in the orbit of the Timberlake Baptist Church.

Timberlake Christian School wrote:Timberlake Christian Schools, founded in 1966, is one of the first private schools to exist in the Lynchburg, VA area. One of the largest ministries of Timberlake Baptist Church, TCS strives for academic excellence with a Christ-centered, discipleship focus. Students are grounded in the truths and implications of the Gospel through the preaching and teaching of our daily Bible classes, weekly chapels and accountability groups, as well as a curriculum consistently taught from a biblical worldview.

We offer a wide range of elementary resource classes and advanced high school classes as well as a 75% discount at Liberty University for qualifying seniors. We provide a safe, loving, learning environment for our approximately 400 students in Pre-K - 12th grade. TCS is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (AdvancED).

TCS is your partner in educating your children and training them to be genuine followers of Christ.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Oh my gosh, am I looking at a man or a woman?

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy' Portman-738702
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Oh an organisation has released a letter also on behalf of the School, though this letter now concludes to other issues, which is mot mentioned in the other letter, which is odd if you want to address all concerns you have within a child, it would have been included in that sentence in regards to dress and behavior to follow suit:

Timberlake Christian School released the statement Wednesday through Liberty Counsel, which is a legal organization in Lynchburg.

Here is the complete statement:

Lynchburg, VA – Liberty Counsel has been asked to represent Timberlake Christian Schools and to correct the record regarding allegations made about Timberlake Christian Schools and an eight-year-old girl by her great-grandparents and reported by a WSET news station. The statement below is from the School.
“Timberlake Christian Schools (School) is a ministry of Timberlake Baptist Church (Church). The Church and the School believe in the authority of the Holy Scriptures as the Word of God as an infallible guide for our lives. Our mission is to share the good news that Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for our sins. He rose again and offers eternal life to all who will accept him as Lord and Savior.

The School is an extension of the Church. Our mission is to provide an excellent education and to nurture boys and girls in the knowledge of Jesus Christ so that they too can have a personal relationship with him. It pains us to see inaccurate information reported in the media regarding one of our young students, whom we will refer to as ‘S.K.’ in order to protect her privacy. The faculty and staff of the School love S.K. and want what is best for her as a person created in the image of God. We are deeply dismayed over the inaccurate and public nature of this situation and the false and inaccurate reporting.

The Church and the School are limited in what can be related about this situation. With all due respect, the facts are not as S.K.'s great-grandparents have portrayed them. This matter is far beyond a simple ‘hairstyle and tomboy issue’ as inaccurately portrayed. It is not about that at all. At no time did the Church or the School state or imply that S.K. was sexually immoral or the like. Yet, reports like this have appeared in the media. The School has never told S.K. she cannot return to school.  

Now another report states this which is interesting:

The 8-year-old Lynchburg, Va., girl has an affinity for autographed baseballs, collector coins and hunting knives. She likes to wear T-shirts and sneakers. She plays sports. And she keeps her hair short.
She knows she’s a girl, her grandmother said. She simply likes all kinds of toys — regardless of what societal norms say.
ABC 27 reported that an administrator from the school said the issue goes “far beyond her hair length” and that Sunnie is a good student, but that “things disturbed the classroom environment.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/03/26/virginia-girls-toys-not-feminine-enough-for-lynchburg-christian-school/?tid=pm_national_pop

The last point is telling again, as it is again not mentioned in the letter to the Girls Grandparents. Now sure I can understand if there is problems with a situation on some other kids not understanding her identity, but surely then the school needs to back her hobbies and love of sports as normal for a girl, as other girls out there like the same or similar. They should have been trying to dispel stereotypes instead of enforcing one

Last edited by Didge on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Ben wrote:Oh my gosh, am I looking at a man or a woman?

A very beautiful woman...and a talented actress.

If this is what the principal meant, I would have him check his testosterone levels.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:29 pm

This girl could be a boy trapped in a girl's body. There's a girl round here like that, I've posted about her before.
It must be horrible to feel like that.

That school should be ashamed. Thoroughly ashamed.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Remember a case in NZ, the boy used to have tummy pains every month.   When they finally investigated properly 'he' had a womb and internal female organs.   Now living very happily as female, because that is what 'he' was.  

She on the other hand seems to be just a tomboy, why the hell should she have to wear 'feminine clothes'. She is so obviously a very pretty girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:01 pm

I agree. She's 8-years old. Isn't it a little early to be imposing gender roles on the child?

She appears to be going through the tomboy stage, and expressing herself in her clothing and manners.

Shame on the school. Isn't this reminiscent of those mothers who force their girls to participate in beauty pageants and play at being sex objects? Shades of JonBenét Ramsey.

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy' Z

WTF even judges an 8-year old girl?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:I agree.  She's 8-years old.  Isn't it a little early to be imposing gender roles on the child?

She appears to be going through the tomboy stage, and expressing herself in her clothing and manners.

Shame on the school.  Isn't this reminiscent of those mothers who force their girls to participate in beauty pageants and play at being sex objects?  Shades of JonBenét Ramsey.

Eight-year-old girl Sunnie Kahle pulled out of a Christian school 'for being too much like a boy' Z

WTF even judges an 8-year old girl?

America has some very strange ideas around children, this type of 'christian' education and at the other end of the scale child beauty pageants - both child abuse in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Ugh I hate beauty pageants! I won't even pierce my daughters ears till she's at least 12!!!
She's asking for nail polish at two. I keep telling her it doesn't work on children lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:08 pm

Lol. Yep, that's a whole different world. I raised two girls and never heard a peep about pierced ears or nail polish.

But, boy when boys came to their attention, KBTD. LOL Still, it didn't lead to fru-fru stuff.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:Lol.  Yep, that's a whole different world.  I raised two girls and never heard a peep about pierced ears or nail polish.

But, boy when boys came to their attention, KBTD. LOL  Still, it didn't lead to fru-fru stuff.

My girl has never been fru fru either. She still hasnt forgiven me for the 'little house on the prairie' sun hat I used to make her wear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down