NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

supersaturated prisons in Cambodia

3 posters

Go down

supersaturated prisons in Cambodia Empty supersaturated prisons in Cambodia

Post by DrSchool Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm

"In contrast, most facilities in Cambodia’s prison system are grossly overcrowded. The 27 prisons across the country are about 70 per cent over capacity, according to a government report. The GDP squeezes some 15,397 inmates into facilities that only have space for about 9,000."

The judicial system here is downright evil. Once you're in jail, if you don't have money for food and water, and you don't have someone to bring it to you from outside, you go hungry and thirsty until you come up with the money. If you're female you have to pay or have someone else pay for you not to be raped by the guards everyday.
The list of the govt's human rights violations is sickeningly long.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/2013051065554/National/doing-time-in-high-style.html

DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

supersaturated prisons in Cambodia Empty Re: supersaturated prisons in Cambodia

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 am

My goodness, are there any relief organizations trying to help with this? I'll make as big a donation as I can afford after reading that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 am

{clicks link}
actually not as bad as expected.

Still bad don't get me wrong but it seems most of the world now has issues with the amount of people we imprison. Was expecting some nilly innocent people getting tortured but it seems all those there are real criminals.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 am

Many-most people in jail in Cambodia are innocent. There is no justice system here and you can get thrown in jail just because some govt person doesn't like how you looked at them. Also if someone in power wants your business, just throw the guy in jail and take the business.
If all the govt officials died of heart attacks tomorrow, there would be much rejoicing.
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down