NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting

3 posters

Go down

Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting Empty Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm

27th March 2014

Please discuss.

The head of the Met Police has said he supports a 50:50 recruitment process to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the force.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has suggested the Met should adopt a similar system to the previous recruitment of Catholics and Protestants for the PSNI.

Speaking to BBC London 94.9, Sir Bernard said: "I think that 50:50 for a short time, would be a good idea."

He added more work was needed to get the Met Police "looking like London".

"I would argue, say for five years, make it 50:50 because sadly, even though we are recruiting now and we're doing well, and I think about one in five of our recruits will be from a minority," said Sir Bernard. "But at that rate we won't get there and I think that 50/50 for a short time, would be a good idea."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26765540

Back to top Go down

Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting Empty Re: Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:02 pm

I think that there really should be more black cops than white, the reason being Cops of African descendency tend to be far quicker runners, just like Caribbean men, who are often more powerful as well as fast to catch crooks.

Just saying ken...and don't jump on my willy for it please Smile

Back to top Go down

Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting Empty Re: Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:12 pm

But what mix of black.................Asian, Indian, Afro Caribbean, Pakistani, African.........

The whites will still outnumber the blacks if they were all to have equal chances, and then would half of each have to be female, to prevent sexual discrimination as well 

Animal Farm comes to mind.

Potty outrageous suggestion from a guy who has to take the heat off himself for lack of control and understanding what is happening on his watch.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Couldn't agree more gerber.

What are these people saying when they do this?

What do the left and liberals think?

This says to me that if we had only a white force they would all be racist against ethnics - do they believe that an all black force would be racist too?

If it's 50:50 and they believe the above to be true, will the 50% blacks look after blacks and the whites look after whites?

What is their ultimate goal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Joy Division wrote:I think that there really should be more black cops than white, the reason being Cops of African descendency tend to be far quicker runners, just like Caribbean men, who are often more powerful as well as fast to catch crooks.

Met Police Chief Wants 50:50 Black White Recruiting A5c88e10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Joy Division wrote:I think that there really should be more black cops than white, the reason being Cops of African descendency tend to be far quicker runners, just like Caribbean men, who are often more powerful as well as fast to catch crooks.

Laughing 

Not at all Tess!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Laughing 

Not at all Tess!
Well I posted the gif as a joke, but now that you mention it... I have been accused of racism for saying exactly the same thing, mainly by Didge - who said that it's wrong to say that some races differ in things, some excel more at different things, such as running like you said. Evidently this is not acceptable to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Actually what Tess say is true, because just because some of the fastest runners are black does not mean they all are or the fact there are many fast white people. So its not about being acceptable just a poorly stated fallacy, based off the fact some of the fastest are black

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Anyway the 50 to 50 idea is not going to change people wanting to join the Police you need to change perceptions first

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Didge wrote:Actually what Tess say is true, because just because some of the fastest runners are black does not mean they all are or the fact there are many fast white people. So its not about being acceptable just a poorly stated fallacy, based off the fact some of the fastest are black

Oh god.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Didge wrote:Anyway the 50 to 50 idea is not going to change people wanting to join the Police you need to change perceptions first

No, but if the rule comes in they will most probably take the ethnic person when they might not have before because his/her performance wasn't good enough in interview or test.

It's a steady slope downhill in the name of political correctness.

It's happened before in the police and it will happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:24 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:Actually what Tess say is true, because just because some of the fastest runners are black does not mean they all are or the fact there are many fast white people. So its not about being acceptable just a poorly stated fallacy, based off the fact some of the fastest are black

Oh god.

See.     lol!    Emperor's new clothes or what! Looks like JD will have to shoot himself as well in his thread about executing the racists!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Open question because I really do not know the answer..................

Sex ie female can be discriminated against, disability, religion even political persuasion sometimes and colour if black v white.

Can white v black also count as discrimination ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oh god.

See.     lol!    Emperor's new clothes or what!  Looks like JD will have to shoot himself as well in his thread about executing the racists!

Some days I feel like shooting myself - usually when I've read posts with words like fallacy in them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 pm

gerber wrote:Open question because I really do not know the answer..................

Sex ie female can be discriminated against, disability, religion even political persuasion sometimes and colour if black v white.

Not sure what you mean gerber.

An example?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:30 pm

so who are they recruiting al jolson or the black and white minstrels...

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:37 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
gerber wrote:Open question because I really do not know the answer..................

An example?

Two jobs, three applicants..........  two black one white.  White is better than one of the blacks but is not recruited as whites had already exceed or were close to their number for the month. 

Could white now argue against non selection due to colour ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:39 pm

gerber wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

An example?

Two jobs, three applicants..........  two black one white.  White is better than one of the blacks but is not recruited as whites had already exceed or were close to their number for the month. 

No, not if the company had already decided they were looking for more blacks than whites - this already happens a hell of a lot in England, surely you know this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:47 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:Anyway the 50 to 50 idea is not going to change people wanting to join the Police you need to change perceptions first

No, but if the rule comes in they will most probably take the ethnic person when they might not have before because his/her performance wasn't good enough in interview or test.

It's a steady slope downhill in the name of political correctness.

It's happened before in the police and it will happen again.

No Job should be given off the ethnicity, what is needed again is a perception change, because within minorities there is a perception of distrust with the Police.
Again this is not going to be practice but what someone wants which is wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:55 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
gerber wrote:

No, not if the company had already decided they were looking for more blacks than whites - this already happens a hell of a lot in England, surely you know this?

But the black could argue against the decision if it was the other way round......................

That is what is wrong in our Country and why people are branded racist.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:03 am

The problem with this law/rule and people wanting to implement it is that it tells us people believe that whites must be racist, but ethnic minorities are not.

What's wrong if 99% of the police are white?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:09 am

It's a stupid idea. The situation is fine as it is - the best person for the job should get it. If black people are applying to join the police, they have as good a chance as white people. If they're not, well you can't be given a job you haven't applied for.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:49 am

I agree that is dumb but there is a way to get more non-whites by just changing or adding to the things that count towards being the best candidate.

I know here, even if they were not the fittest and smartest they would still be considered better if they were applying for a job policing areas where their own race is prevalent.

@andy
what is wrong? seriously  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  please look up what it was like for black people in the USA 50 years ago and in some places still today.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:55 am

in all employment the best candidate should get the job, nothing else should matter...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:59 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:in all employment the best candidate should get the job, nothing else should matter...

I suppose that one could say that a black police officer might be better at dealing with other black people - for example, maybe black police officers would have made better liaison officers for the Lawrence family when Stephen was murdered. However, that would create even more division amongst people of different races IMO. The NBPA caters for black police officers and focuses on the "black community", but isn't that a bit divisive?

The National Black Police Association seeks to improve the working environment of Black staff by protecting the rights of those employed within the Police Service and to enhance racial harmony and the quality of service to the Black community of the United Kingdom. Thereby assisting the Police Service in delivering a fair and equitable service to all sections of the community.

http://www.nbpa.co.uk/about-us/aims-andobjectives/
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:in all employment the best candidate should get the job, nothing else should matter...

I suppose that one could say that a black police officer might be better at dealing with other black people - for example, maybe black police officers would have made better liaison officers for the Lawrence family when Stephen was murdered. However, that would create even more division amongst people of different races IMO. The NBPA caters for black police officers and focuses on the "black community", but isn't that a bit divisive?

The National Black Police Association seeks to improve the working environment of  Black staff by protecting the rights of those employed within the Police Service and to enhance racial harmony and the quality of service to the Black community of the United Kingdom. Thereby assisting the Police Service in delivering a fair and equitable service to all sections of the community.

I guess because we have already given in to cultural pressure the police do have a difficult job, the pitfalls now for the average bobby must be like tip toeing through a mine field on a daily basis and when you get through that your hands are tied to deal with what is on the other side for fear of assault, racism and goodness knows what else they can blame them for..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:05 am

I remember reading that muslims can ask to be dealt with by a muslim police officer if they wish...

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 am

Why does the colour of ones skin determine how well they do their jobs.

@ Ragga................A black policeperson better at dealing with the Lawrence family................  Why ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:10 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I remember reading that muslims can ask to be dealt with by a muslim police officer if they wish...

it's wrong really...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:12 am

If the police were 100% white, would the force be racist?

Would the policemen themselves be racist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:26 am

gerber wrote:Why does the colour of ones skin determine how well they do their jobs.

@ Ragga................A black policeperson better at dealing with the Lawrence family................  Why ?

It shouldn't make a difference in theory, but the issue of the liaison officers was raised in the Lawrence Inquiry, and these points appeared in the report.  

26.15 Family Liaison Officers in these circumstances must blend in with the wishes of the family, and not be put off by the attendance of individuals or indeed organisations who seek to assist the grieving family. This shows a lack of training and sensitivity in understanding the way in which a black family may react to the terrible circumstances in which Mr & Mrs Lawrence found themselves.

Doreen Lawrence herself commented too.

26.36 During her evidence Mrs Lawrence was asked specifically whether racism had played its part in preventing a reasonable relationship being built between the family and the liaison officers. "Racism is something you can't always just put your finger on", she replied. "Racism is done in a way that is so subtle. It is how they talk to you ..... It is just the whole attitude ...... It was patronising the way in which they dealt with me and that came across as being racist."

I don't know if a black family reacts differently to a white family when a close relative is murdered, but that seems to be the suggestion. Mrs Lawrence herself seemed to suggest that the liaison officers were patronising because they're white and she's black.

http://www.chronicleworld.org/archive/lawrence/sli-26.htm
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
gerber wrote:Why does the colour of ones skin determine how well they do their jobs.

It shouldn't make a difference in theory, but the issue of the liaison officers was raised in the Lawrence Inquiry, and these points appeared in the report.  

26.15 Family Liaison Officers in these circumstances must blend in with the wishes of the family, and not be put off by the attendance of individuals or indeed organisations who seek to assist the grieving family. This shows a lack of training and sensitivity in understanding the way in which a black family may react to the terrible circumstances in which Mr & Mrs Lawrence found themselves.

26.36 During her evidence Mrs Lawrence was asked specifically whether racism had played its part in preventing a reasonable relationship being built between the family and the liaison officers. "Racism is something you can't always just put your finger on", she replied. "Racism is done in a way that is so subtle. It is how they talk to you ..... It is just the whole attitude ...... It was patronising the way in which they dealt with me and that came across as being racist."

I don't know if a black family reacts differently to a white family when a close relative is murdered, but that seems to be the suggestion. Mrs Lawrence herself seemed to suggest that the liaison officers were patronising because they're white and she's black.

The opposite could be true...........  Mrs Lawrence reacted differently towards the white police.......

Am I allowed to say that without being classed as racist.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:34 am

gerber wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The opposite could be true...........  Mrs Lawrence reacted differently towards the white police.......

Am I allowed to say that without being classed as racist.

I agree with you, and I don't necessarily go along with the MacPherson report in many respects.

However, it was a racist murder - a gang of white youths murdered her son because he was black. I guess a woman who had been raped by a man might hate all men for a while, or victims of a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists might dislike all Muslims for a while.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

The National Black Police Association seeks to improve the working environment of  Black staff by protecting the rights of those employed within the Police Service and to enhance racial harmony and the quality of service to the Black community of the United Kingdom. Thereby assisting the Police Service in delivering a fair and equitable service to all sections of the community.

You seem to be forgetting that many of the police involved in the case were vile racists, trying to cover up the young lads murder and save the bacon of the murderers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down