NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer

2 posters

Go down

Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer Empty Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer

Post by groomsy Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:49 pm

A man who found his computer infected with ransomware demanding payment of £13,000 or face jail decided to take his own life and that of his four-year-old son.

The report of the tragic incident comes from the small Romanian commune of Movila Miresii which is made up of three small villages and located in Brăila County in the east of the country.

Local paper Braila24 reports that Marcel Datcu, 36, hanged himself in the living room of his home along with his four-year-old son Nicusor.

Suicide note

The report claims a suicide note left to his wife explained that the reason for taking his own life was:

"I received a warning [on my computer] that said I have to pay 70.000 lei [£13,000] or go to prison for 11 years."

The note also says: "I don't think it's normal what I've done...I apologise to all of you...I don't want Nicusor to suffer because of me...I can't stand going to prison. I can't."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/romanian-man-kills-himself-four-year-old-son-because-malware-computer-1440144
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer Empty Re: Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 pm

That is just terrible. I hope the people who caused it rot in their own hell.

Back to top Go down

Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer Empty Re: Romanian Man Kills Himself and Four-Year-Old Son Because of Malware on Computer

Post by coffee.cigarettes Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 pm

How absolutely awful.

I respect his choice to end his own life. He is his own person, and as such, should be held accountable to nobody as long as his personal choices DONT cause injury/harm/damage to others. That said, he deserves to rot for what he did to a 4 year old. That poor little kid didnt deserve what happened to him.

Did the father not have any concept of being hoaxed? Or malware? Did he not consider looking into what he was being faced with?

That being said.... What did he do behind closed doors that he thought he had been found out on, where the only alternative was to kill himself and his child?
coffee.cigarettes
coffee.cigarettes
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down