NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list

+2
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list Empty Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:34 pm

You know there are the various lists of things everyone should do before they die - today I have ticked another one.

I have been..............dum dum dum................PAINTBALLING!

It wasnt really intended - I got a session for 10 people off of groupon and the idea was my four boys and some of their friends went. We had some last minute couldnt comes and if only 8 went we would have lost some of the deposit paid as well as the groupon so me and my other half decided we might as well join in - him with a walking stick cause of DVT and me my usual total decreptitude.

It turned out to be much more fun than I expected - I thought I would do one round then sit the rest out but ended up keeping going to the end. Everyone has come home comparing bruises - because of the fibro I can now barely walk but that would have been the case if I went for a walk in the woods. Plus I actually think I did hit someone.

So come on all you adults - what other fun things have you got up to to release your inner child.

Back to top Go down

Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list Empty Re: Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Sounds like fun! I wish I did more things like that; I saw a video on stunt kites and got one, but ended up getting rid of it before I ever took it out ...  Sad 

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list Empty Re: Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:49 pm

I want to have another time of scuba diving. Used to do it in my youth, then had another go five years ago. However, the sea has to be warm because I can't stand wet suits, so claustrophobic. I like a mask and flippers and an aqua lung. Swum with sharks out in Singapore and Malaya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Oh it was fun - painful for everyone quite besides the fibro when the pellets hit you - but fun. There were nearly 60 people, adults and children over 12 come in as groups then all mixed up into two teams for various games (Reds - the team I was in, won 5-3) from straight forward last colour on the field to battalion where you had to have someone touch a target and have last man on the field with points.

We are seriously thinking of doing it again - even with everything hurting and some impressive bruises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Sassy wrote:I want to have another time of scuba diving.   Used  to do it in my youth, then had another go five years ago.   However, the sea has to be warm because I can't stand wet suits, so claustrophobic.   I like a mask and flippers and an aqua lung.   Swum with sharks out in Singapore and Malaya.

I would love to try that - but again would need warm water (swimming can be very ungood with some conditions if the water is too cold) but have been told by a couple of people that my asthma might be a problem. Would give it a go if given the opportunity though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:06 pm

I love it, but you need to be confident in the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Sassy wrote:I love it, but you need to be confident in the water.

LOL - I have been told off in public swimming pools for going to sleep in the middle - I can somehow manage to float enough to sleep in chlorinated water and the lifeguards dont like it. I am a perfect water baby and am happy diving without scuba gear - I would just like the chance to go deeper for longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Well, I'd get advice on the asthma, but you sound the perfect candidate.

I did one of those tests in Singapore where they have you in a helicopter cockpit suspended over a pool and drop it in and you have to escape. Was determined to do it. Never needed it, but it was good training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

sphinx wrote:You know there are the various lists of things everyone should do before they die - today I have ticked another one.

I have been..............dum dum dum................PAINTBALLING!

It wasnt really intended - I got a session for 10 people off of groupon and the idea was my four boys and some of their friends went.  We had some last minute couldnt comes and if only 8 went we would have lost some of the deposit paid as well as the groupon so me and my other half decided we might as well join in - him with a walking stick cause of DVT and me my usual total decreptitude.  

It turned out to be much more fun than I expected - I thought I would do one round then sit the rest out but ended up keeping going to the end.  Everyone has come home comparing bruises - because of the fibro I can now barely walk but that would have been the case if I went for a walk in the woods.  Plus I actually think I did hit someone.

So come on all you adults - what other fun things have you got up to to release your inner child.

i've been a few times it really is great fun.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, I'd get advice on the asthma, but you sound the perfect candidate.

I did one of those tests in Singapore where they have you in a helicopter cockpit suspended over a pool and drop it in and you have to escape.   Was determined to do it.   Never needed it, but it was good training.

I have (in my younger days) done the fully clothed retrieve brick from bottom things - and in a cossy I used to be able to comfortably do 50 meters underwater - a length and back again. Pretty sure I could not do that now cause of the fibro though.

One thing holding me back is cost - its not cheap. Then again if something comes up on groupon I will see if I can take advantage.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:01 am

Paintballing is awesome  Smile 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:Paintballing is awesome   Smile 

absolutely is... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:12 am

I have a very painful mark on my neck this morning - right under my jaw bone. It was still fun though.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Never been paint balling but reckon I'd love to shoot at people HAHAHAHAHA

Would love to scuba dive too! Had a chance in the Maldives but fell ill and couldn't go!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Oh that's a shame, it's like another world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 pm

eddie wrote:Never been paint balling but reckon I'd love to shoot at people HAHAHAHAHA

Would love to scuba dive too! Had a chance in the Maldives but fell ill and couldn't go!

When your youngest is a bit bigger have a look and see if there is a centre near you - the one we went to did both adult and "soft" paintballing for under 12s using different guns with different balls (although one of the staff said he found them just as painful). You can then go along as a family to the sort of general session we had yesterday or maybe get a group together. It is definitely fun - and definitely painful. I might see if I can take a picture of a bruise later lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:53 pm

sphinx wrote:
eddie wrote:Never been paint balling but reckon I'd love to shoot at people HAHAHAHAHA

When your youngest is a bit bigger have a look and see if there is a centre near you - the one we went to did both adult and "soft" paintballing for under 12s using different guns with different balls (although one of the staff said he found them just as painful).  You can then go along as a family to the sort of general session we had yesterday or maybe get a group together.  It is definitely fun - and definitely painful.  I might see if I can take a picture of a bruise later lol.

My nearly thirteen year old son goes quite often as they do parties there.
He always wears about five layers of clothing hahahaha
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Almost tempted to take a Glider flight............ Hate flying but thinks if I can take control for a short time it might cure me.

But my one dream is to drive the Paris to Dakar rally........................ Maybe too late as they go to Argentina now....... Might have to substitute the Montecarlo rally instead in a classic E type Jag.

Note to self...... Buy a lottery ticket  ::hdintowll:: 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:42 pm

paintballing hurts but boy is it fun, a mate of mine decided camo was the best way forward next thing i know half a blooming tree ran past me..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:25 pm

There was body armour for anyone who wanted it - but that does leave some bits uncovered - unfortunately the painful hit for me would not have been affected by either layers or body armour because it was my neck lol.

It would be kind of cool if everyone from the forum could meet up for a paintball day - might help workout some strong feelings lol. Mind you getting everyone together from all over the planet would be a challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 pm

sphinx wrote:There was body armour for anyone who wanted it - but that does leave some bits uncovered - unfortunately the painful hit for me would not have been affected by either layers or body armour because it was my neck lol.

It would be kind of cool if everyone from the forum could meet up for a paintball day - might help workout some strong feelings lol.  Mind you getting everyone together from all over the planet would be a challenge.

God it'd be great to shoot didge in the balls  ://?roflmao?/: 

Joking didge!!!!!  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:43 pm

eddie wrote:
sphinx wrote:There was body armour for anyone who wanted it - but that does leave some bits uncovered - unfortunately the painful hit for me would not have been affected by either layers or body armour because it was my neck lol.

It would be kind of cool if everyone from the forum could meet up for a paintball day - might help workout some strong feelings lol.  Mind you getting everyone together from all over the planet would be a challenge.

Eddie you rotten cow, don't you know that a guy getting hit in the nuts is more painful than giving birth?

::troll:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Joy Division wrote:
eddie wrote:

Eddie you rotten cow, don't you know that a guy getting hit in the nuts is more painful than giving birth?

::troll:: 

Have you ever pushed eight pound of flesh and bone out of a small hole in your body???

It's not like a having a big poo JD  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 pm

eddie wrote:

Fabulous suggestion...... the paintballing not being personal Didge.............. We must stick together we is best buddies now share the polishing cloth
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:08 am

gerber wrote:Almost tempted to take a Glider flight............ Hate flying but thinks if I can take control for a short time it might cure me.

But my one dream is to drive the Paris to Dakar rally........................ Maybe too late as they go to Argentina now....... Might have to substitute the Montecarlo rally instead in a classic E type Jag.

Note to self...... Buy a lottery ticket  ::hdintowll:: 

Don't forget your GPS - knowing you you'll end up in the Arctic.

Don't have things to do apart from wanting to eat my way thru the micheline 3* restaurants but want to visit St. Petersburgh, Japan, Vietnam and take a cruise to Alaska and one to the Caribbean before I cast off this mortal coil. Oh yeah spend a year in the Library of Congress stacks - natch.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Well just to show the evidence..................Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list 10151419_628250623895813_1602062482_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 pm

sphinx wrote:Well just to show the evidence..................Another tick off the 100 things to do before I die list 10151419_628250623895813_1602062482_n

I've often come home battered and bruised from paintballing but at the time you don't notice it...

adrenalin is wonderful stuff... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down