NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russians storm Crimea Army Base

+3
Lone Wolf
Raggamuffin
gerber
7 posters

Go down

Russians storm Crimea Army Base Empty Russians storm Crimea Army Base

Post by gerber Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Russian forces have reportedly begun storming a Ukrainian military base in the Crimean capital Simferopol, killing one serviceman and wounding an officer.

Ukrainian military spokesperson Vladislav Seleznyov said shots had been fired and one serviceman had died of wounds to his neck and collarbone.

"We have barricaded ourselves on the second floor," a spokesperson told the Interfax news agency. "The headquarters has been taken and the commander has been taken. They want us to put down our arms but we do not intend to surrender," he said.

"We are being stormed. We have about 20 people here and about 10 to 15 others, including women," an unidentified serviceman told Fifth Channel television.

A second man, a captain, was also injured. Seleznyov said it was unclear who had staged the assault, but described the attackers, as "unknown forces, fully equipped and their faces covered".

Speaking in Kiev today, the interim Ukrainian prime minister Arseniy Yatseniuk declared that the situation had moved from being a political to a military conflict.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/crimea-crisis-shots-fired-and-one-officer-wounded-as-russian-troops-storm-ukrainian-military-base-in-simferopol-9200203.html

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cleaned up)
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Russians storm Crimea Army Base Empty Re: Russians storm Crimea Army Base

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Can't see anything else about it on the news.

If the population of Crimea wants to be Russian, Ukraine should just let it go really. However, Russia shouldn't take it by force as they are invading another country if they do that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Eilzel Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:25 pm

There once was a time when invading and annexing another states territory lead to war. I suppose now Russia will wonder just how far they can go. Putin mentioned Russians in other territories who were cut off from the Motherland after the fall of the USSR... scary times...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing 

YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the games begin.......

"BagsOfStuffings" just has to prove what a complete nong she is, what with her continual idiotic and completely OTT "opinions"..
Did she hide behind the door the day they were handing out brains ?  lol!

Someone said you'd been to college, but you didn't learn much did you? I expect you were on drugs the whole time, and they addled your brain.

Kindly stay on topic and stop trolling and spamming.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:There once was a time when invading and annexing another states territory lead to war. I suppose now Russia will wonder just how far they can go. Putin mentioned Russians in other territories who were cut off from the Motherland after the fall of the USSR... scary times...

He may well annexe Crimea but he won't go any further. Nobody will stop him either - unless they want to risk an escalation of aggression.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:There once was a time when invading and annexing another states territory lead to war. I suppose now Russia will wonder just how far they can go. Putin mentioned Russians in other territories who were cut off from the Motherland after the fall of the USSR... scary times...

He may well annexe Crimea but he won't go any further. Nobody will stop him either - unless they want to risk an escalation of aggression.

He wont go any further? Not right now perhaps; but if Russians in other former soviet states feel disgruntled and make it known- who knows how things might pan out in the future. I imagine some of those states might consider strengthening their forces just in case...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He wont go any further? Not right now perhaps; but if Russians in other former soviet states feel disgruntled and make it known- who knows how things might pan out in the future. I imagine some of those states might consider strengthening their forces just in case...

I don't think he will. He's interested in Crimea because Khrushchev gave it away to Ukraine. I don't think he's bothered about Ukraine itself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

That's the scary thing Rag's, I think he will. Putin seems to see the west at their weakest it's been for a generation and has the balls to call our bluff. Doesn't look good.

As for Bee ! how the fuck did that diatribe  add to the thread ?: Rolling Eyes
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I don't think he will. He's interested in Crimea because Khrushchev gave it away to Ukraine. I don't think he's bothered about Ukraine itself.

Not immediately; but in his speech he made it clear that he had concerns for Russians who had been separated AND their desire to 'sleep in the same country' again. Another Russian minister also made it clear that Russia might consider 'defending' Russians in Ukraine if it felt necessary. At the moment of course its all empty words. But those words may well resonate with Russians in many countries. And remember, had there not been a political crisis in Ukraine to begin with there would have been no opportunity for Putin, or annexation.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Can't see anything else about it on the news.

If the population of Crimea wants to be Russian, Ukraine should just let it go really. However, Russia shouldn't take it by force as they are invading another country if they do that.

A Ukrainian serviceman is killed as Russian troops storm a military base in the Crimean capital Simferopol, say report

http://news.sky.com/story/1227970/ukraine-crimea-crisis-enters-military-stage

4:50pm UK, Tuesday 18 March 2014
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's the scary thing Rag's, I think he will. Putin seems to see the west at their weakest it's been for a generation and has the balls to call our bluff. Doesn't look good.

If he does, what do you think the West will do? If they intervene they may well get threatened with nukes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not immediately; but in his speech he made it clear that he had concerns for Russians who had been separated AND their desire to 'sleep in the same country' again. Another Russian minister also made it clear that Russia might consider 'defending' Russians in Ukraine if it felt necessary. At the moment of course its all empty words. But those words may well resonate with Russians in many countries. And remember, had there not been a political crisis in Ukraine to begin with there would have been no opportunity for Putin, or annexation.

Hmmmmm, it's all sounding like former Yugoslavia in some ways.

There was a similar issue with South Ossetia, but the Russians got away with that because Georgia was the initial aggressor against South Ossetia.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

If he does, what do you think the West will do? If they intervene they may well get threatened with nukes.

Ahh! Now, that's the "scary thing"  God knows ?  Shocked
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ahh! Now, that's the "scary thing"  God knows ?  Shocked

There have already been some dodgy comments on Russian TV.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10702459/Russia-could-turn-USA-into-radioactive-ashes.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I agree he will wait for an opportunity to come to the help of the Russians in Eastern Ukraine.  He is from the old school KGB, USSR and all he sees himself as is the Emperor of all Russians.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Just after Putin had said it could not be called an invasion because no shots had been fired and no-one had been killed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Maybe your hero Obama the saviour of the world can stop him...........oh wait

Another lefty working hard to endanger the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Rolling Eyes

Is William Hague a lefty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Sassy wrote:Rolling Eyes

Is William Hague a lefty?

Not just a lefty - a lefty asshole

I used to respect him until he changed his politics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Thank you so much, a joke is much appreciated  ::D:: ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Sassy wrote:Thank you so much, a joke is much appreciated  ::D:: ::D:: 

The only uk party remotely RW is UKIP

The rest are just different brands of the same political construct

Where is this evidence you've been talking about??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Hey Rags, is this the first time you've been called a leftist?  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:23 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:Thank you so much, a joke is much appreciated  ::D:: ::D:: 

Does right-wing automatically mean "insane"

Is anything not far-right considered left-wing these days

I feel like I'm composing a poem
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:04 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Hey Rags, is this the first time you've been called a leftist?  ::D:: 

I don't think he meant me.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Does right-wing automatically mean "insane"

Is anything not far-right considered left-wing these days

I feel like I'm composing a poem

Don't give up your day job

That's exactly what politics has become two sides entrenched with no middle ground

The current one party state of the UK is made up of three seperate organizations all of which are left wing to different degrees

The UKIP are middle and slightly right but are considered to be RW extremists by the left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:41 am

i thought they had a vote and 90 odd percent want to be part of russia, surely they have made their decision..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:44 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:i thought they had a vote and 90 odd percent want to be part of russia, surely they have made their decision..

Yes, but the Constitutional Court of Ukraine said that the referendum was unconstitutional - or something like that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down