NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband!

4 posters

Go down

Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband! Empty Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:37 pm

14th March 2014

Are you sure you trust the English public to vote on this, boys?

Britain is ready for a gay Prime Minister, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband have claimed.

The Lib Dem and Labour leaders said social attitudes had changed dramatically in the last 20 years.

Voters would judge a potential prime minister on their ability to lead rather than their sexuality, they said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580865/Britain-ready-gay-Prime-Minister-Clegg-Milliband-claim-sex-marriage-law.html#ixzz2vwphnyaT

Back to top Go down

Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband! Empty Re: Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 pm

wow it's normally black before gay...

Back to top Go down

Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband! Empty Re: Britain Is Ready For A Gay Prime Minister, Say Cleggy & Miliband!

Post by gerber Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:14th March 2014

Are you sure you trust the English public to vote on this, boys?

Britain is ready for a gay Prime Minister, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband have claimed.

The Lib Dem and Labour leaders said social attitudes had changed dramatically in the last 20 years.

Voters would judge a potential prime minister on their ability to lead rather than their sexuality, they said.

Please tell me the mail thinks today is the 1st of April..........

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580865/Britain-ready-gay-Prime-Minister-Clegg-Milliband-claim-sex-marriage-law.html#ixzz2vwphnyaT

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 pm

They are getting their ducks in a row. Clearly they expect a LibLab pact next year there are too many identical announcements. As to the matter how do we know we haven't already had a gay PM? We have certainly had a candidate or two already.

The Tory I am thinking of might not have been outed but hey there are many who haven't.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:56 pm

But if one of the leaders were gay, should we continue with the General Election or should we just let the MPs choose the victor for us because we might not be ready to make such a decision?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:58 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:But if one of the leaders were gay, should we continue with the General Election or should we just let the MPs choose the victor for us because we might not be ready to make such a decision?

Labour might say that I on the other hand.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Just to test the water would anyone on here have a problem with it and what do they think that David Cameron would say if he were asked the question?

I doubt I would have a problem with it. Anyone else?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Just to test the water would anyone on here have a problem with it and what do they think that David Cameron would say if he were asked the question?

Couldn't care less. As if it would matter. Not sure it would be a good thing if he did the John Inman bit at the G8 though.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Just to test the water would anyone on here have a problem with it and what do they think that David Cameron would say if he were asked the question?

I think Dave says what he thinks in the article.

Here's what I find nauseating - the fact that people like you say you don't have a problem with it.

What I say is "problem with what?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:11 pm

If the job is done right who cares what their sexuality .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:16 pm

VOD(original) wrote:If the job is done right who cares what their sexuality .

Well so far the MPs are right - we are just about ready to vote on this huge issue.

That's good to know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:28 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

I think Dave says what he thinks in the article.

Here's what I find nauseating - the fact that people like you say you don't have a problem with it.

What I say is "problem with what?"

Well Kev and VOD have made it clear that they wouldn't have a problem with having a gay prime minister but you appear to be reluctant to give your views.

And what do you mean by 'people like me'? What is is that you find so nauseating?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:05 pm

I think that the reason people make statements like this is to address the fact we HAVE come a long way; there certainly was a time in the not distant enough past when being gay may have deterred some voters. But thankfully they were less advanced times Smile

Wasn't Ted Heath rumoured to have been gay? In any case I think people are simply more likely to vote the better candidate; or the party they always vote, regardless of if the potential PM is black or white, female or male, gay or straight, or a walrus haha
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Monologues Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:I think that the reason people make statements like this is to address the fact we HAVE come a long way; there certainly was a time in the not distant enough past when being gay may have deterred some voters. But thankfully they were less advanced times Smile

Wasn't Ted Heath rumoured to have been gay? In any case I think people are simply more likely to vote the better candidate; or the party they always vote, regardless of if the potential PM is black or white, female or male, gay or straight, or a walrus haha

I had alluded to that above Eilzel. He was certainly reckoned to be and that was at a time when it was still illegal. I don't think it matters a jot and there are a number of outed Gay MPs in the Tory party today.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 pm

kevins58 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I think that the reason people make statements like this is to address the fact we HAVE come a long way; there certainly was a time in the not distant enough past when being gay may have deterred some voters. But thankfully they were less advanced times Smile

I had alluded to that above Eilzel. He was certainly reckoned to be and that was at a time when it was still illegal. I don't think it matters a jot and there are a number of outed Gay MPs in the Tory party today.

I am pretty sure I read a stat once which stated there are more gay MPs in the Tories than other party- amazing how the Conservatives today can be so divided on social issues as to have such a situation while more than half vehemently opposed same-sex marriage.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Eilzel wrote:
kevins58 wrote:

I am pretty sure I read a stat once which stated there are more gay MPs in the Tories than other party- amazing how the Conservatives today can be so divided on social issues as to have such a situation while more than half vehemently opposed same-sex marriage.

It doesn't matter if their gay or not eh, as long as they have the best interests at heart for Britain, without any bias and not labeling everyone on benefits as scrounges,your right about the Conservatives having more hay MP's than any other party , it's been that way for decades.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down