NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools

+3
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
gerber
7 posters

Go down

Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools Empty Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools Stonewall-Free

The character, Danni, in Stonewall’s new film, Free

Gay rights charity Stonewall has launched a new film for primary schools in a bid to tackle homophobic bullying.

Every primary school in Britain will receive a copy of ‘Free’ complete with a detailed lesson plan which helps teachers curb bullying and celebrate different families.

The film follows the stories of four children exploring family, friendship and what it means to be an individual.

Directed by Rikki-Beadle Blair, the film is backed by former children’s laureate and best-selling author Jacqueline Wilson.

She said: “Stonewall is doing a wonderful job working with teachers and young people to make sure no-one is bullied because they or their family might be gay.”

Mumsnet CEO Justine Roberts has also welcomed the film saying: “Despite best attempts many parents find it tricky to talk to their kids about relationships. Films like these from Stonewall are a great way to reassure and educate children.”

Stonewall’s Acting Chief Executive, Ruth Hunt, added: “Every parent wants their child to grow up in a world where they can be themselves.

“A world where they can learn, play and make friends at school and beyond. A vital part of growing up in 21st century Britain is learning that difference is something to be celebrated, not shunned.

“Free helps schools teach this important lesson in an age-appropriate way.”

Research by Stonewall shows three in four primary school teachers say that pupils in their school use homophobic language.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/05/stonewall-launches-new-anti-bullying-film-uk-schools/

cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools Empty Re: Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Please hear me out Mr Catman...

If I were a young lad - let's say 12 years old, and was presented with a film about "different families" - with 2 dads etc and told it was perfectly normal... then went out of the class with my 10 male class-buddies, I reckon we'd have a right fvcking laugh about the poofters we'd just seen.

If I didn't have things forced down my throat and was allowed to get on with life and bump in to "Johnny 2 Dads" in a natural environment, I might just accept it.

Back to top Go down

Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools Empty Re: Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Please hear me out Mr Catman...

If I were a young lad - let's say 12 years old, and was presented with a film about "different families" - with 2 dads etc and told it was perfectly normal...  then went out of the class with my 10 male class-buddies, I reckon we'd have a right fvcking laugh about the poofters we'd just seen.

If I didn't have things forced down my throat and was allowed to get on with life and bump in to "Johnny 2 Dads" in a natural environment, I might just accept it.

That's you, and people like you need stamping out.

Thankfully, you are not representative of all children. Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 pm

The truth is some are going to find it odd as it's not the way we were raised and these thing just didn't seem to happen when we were kids ...I didn't know anyone who was adopted or raised by two dads as parents at home.

It's just getting people used to it, but I doubt many will tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Joy Division wrote:The truth is some are going to find it odd as it's not the way we were raised and these thing just didn't seem to happen when we were kids ...I didn't know anyone who was adopted or raised by two dads as parents at home.

And the way to get used to things is for them to happen around us naturally, not show "films" with actors acting out some fake cr4p.

Kids aren't stupid, they will kick back at being "told" this is normal.

And it happening at school, with all their friends - it aint good at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Catman wrote:Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools Stonewall-Free

The character, Danni, in Stonewall’s new film, Free

Gay rights charity Stonewall has launched a new film for primary schools in a bid to tackle homophobic bullying.

Every primary school in Britain will receive a copy of ‘Free’ complete with a detailed lesson plan which helps teachers curb bullying and celebrate different families.

The film follows the stories of four children exploring family, friendship and what it means to be an individual.

Directed by Rikki-Beadle Blair, the film is backed by former children’s laureate and best-selling author Jacqueline Wilson.

She said: “Stonewall is doing a wonderful job working with teachers and young people to make sure no-one is bullied because they or their family might be gay.”

Mumsnet CEO Justine Roberts has also welcomed the film saying: “Despite best attempts many parents find it tricky to talk to their kids about relationships. Films like these from Stonewall are a great way to reassure and educate children.”

Stonewall’s Acting Chief Executive, Ruth Hunt, added: “Every parent wants their child to grow up in a world where they can be themselves.

“A world where they can learn, play and make friends at school and beyond. A vital part of growing up in 21st century Britain is learning that difference is something to be celebrated, not shunned.

“Free helps schools teach this important lesson in an age-appropriate way.”

Research by Stonewall shows three in four primary school teachers say that pupils in their school use homophobic language.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/05/stonewall-launches-new-anti-bullying-film-uk-schools/

cheers cheers cheers 

Good afternoon Urinary infection of the mouth.

.....Every primary school in Britain will receive a copy of ‘Free’ complete with a detailed lesson plan which helps teachers curb bullying and celebrate different families......

The above paragraph from your article uses the words ....celebrate different families.

Why are people expected to celebrate?...What is it? A f--king football match? If we see these people walking down the street,should we all cheer & shout Engerland,Engerland,Engerland.....Engerland....ENGERLAND?

Here's something worth celebrating.......Me face fucking you until it's coming out your nostrils in front of Dougie.....After that I'll read one of the detailed lesson plans.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm

I am so relieved junior has aged by a year and so have I.............................  grateful because he is now at senior school and the film will not be oushed in front of his eyes nad him being forced to sit on a hard hall floor watching with his peers and the rest of the contents of his school.

Too much, Too far.......  Too young
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Joy Division wrote:The truth is some are going to find it odd as it's not the way we were raised and these thing just didn't seem to happen when we were kids ...I didn't know anyone who was adopted or raised by two dads as parents at home.

Over time they will JD. In many places they already are and eventually most will be totally used to it to the point it wont seem 'out of the ordinary' at all.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:24 pm

If I were a young lad - let's say 12 years old, and was presented with a film about "different families" - with 2 dads etc and told it was perfectly normal...  then went out of the class with my 10 male class-buddies, I reckon we'd have a right fvcking laugh about the poofters we'd just seen.

Do you suppose that because you were too prejudiced and small-minded as a kid to handle the idea that people are different, that means everyone is like you?

Also, please refrain from using anti-gay slurs here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Do you suppose that because you were too prejudiced and small-minded as a kid to handle the idea that people are different, that means everyone is like you?

Also, please refrain from using anti-gay slurs here.

No, I don't suppose that.

When I say "if I were" I believe I'm speaking for the majority of young boys.

As an adult, I'm sure you know what boys are like when in groups Ben.

Maybe you don't? Let me tell you - they are very "boyish".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Over time they will JD. In many places they already are and eventually most will be totally used to it to the point it wont seem 'out of the ordinary' at all.

But they won't be used to it will they Eli.

It is very rare to pop round to your friends house and see he has 2 dads.

Therefore, they will know it's PC cr4p - kids really do know about PC you know.

They will take the p1ss out of it school, there's no doubt about that.

When they are adults, they will understand that we're not all the same.

If there is the odd rare one who has a friend who has 2 dads - let his friend explain - I don't think millions need to see this PC rubbish do they!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

I think children already accept that people are different. A lot of bullying starts when they get a bit older and want to impress their mates.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:17 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

But they won't be used to it will they Eli.

It is very rare to pop round to your friends house and see he has 2 dads.

Therefore, they will know it's PC cr4p - kids really do know about PC you know.

They will take the p1ss out of it school, there's no doubt about that.

When they are adults, they will understand that we're not all the same.

If there is the odd rare one who has a friend who has 2 dads - let his friend explain - I don't think millions need to see this PC rubbish do they!

You call it PC rubbish because that's a populist thing to say. However this sort of thing appears on TV now; if a kid doesn't know someone with 2 dads they may have a gay relative, or friend, or have a favourite celebrity or watch a TV show of film with a gay character. So they will know where it's coming from. Things have changed a lot from whenever you were a child Andy.

I would however question how much this film is needed- but I don't see it doing any harm either.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Catman wrote:

That's you, and people like you need stamping out.

Thankfully, you are not representative of all children. Razz 

come on then big time

come and stamp us out, that is if you can manage to crawl out from under your bed with all your knives

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 pm

stonewall needs allahu akbaring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm

How's your gay brother?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:20 am

Well Kids will laugh, Andy has a point.

but I do think homosexuality is being normalised and kids will get teased less about it.
BUT I think this film will do very little... real people and action change opinions.

I know in Australia 'mateship' trumps all else, if someone is a mate then you will defend them, so school mates where one turns out to be gay are likely to defend their friend. Also I think the 'good guy' has changed, the bully is no longer the popular kid, the popular kid is the one that stands up for others. (probably thanks to 80's films  Smile )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:56 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:stonewall needs allahu akbaring

::pnchy:: 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm

wasn't this the idiot who wants the age of consent for gay sex too be lower than for normal sex...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Sassy wrote:How's your gay brother?

not using his homosexuality as a crutch and a club like the pathetic weaklings on here, that's how he is

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:43 pm

A smelly, beacon of joy and happiness as always. Bringing a radiant glow with your posts of sweet sense and lovely niceties. I bet you walk around with permant smile of contentment in real life if your dazzling persona here is anything to go by Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm

heavenly father wrote:wasn't this the idiot who wants the age of consent for gay sex too be lower than for normal sex...

bump..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:50 pm

No one wants that, or ever said anything like that; do you have a link so people don't just assume you're BSing as usual?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:No one wants that, or ever said anything like that; do you have a link so people don't just assume you're BSing as usual?

my mistake he thinks both should be 14 years old... Smile

obviously he doesn't like hairy arses... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:30 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:No one wants that, or ever said anything like that; do you have a link so people don't just assume you're BSing as usual?

And who are you talking about? And where is your evidence to back up whatever it is you are on about? And what is the relevance to this thread?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

And who are you talking about? And where is your evidence to back up whatever it is you are on about? And what is the relevance to this thread?

stonewall of course, I think it is relevant yes and can i asked when relevance matters...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:34 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

stonewall of course, I think it is relevant yes and can i asked when relevance matters...

"He thinks both should be 14 years old..."

Who is 'he'?
Where is your evidence anyone wants the age of consent lowering?
What does the age of consent have to do with a thread about teaching children about gay parents?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Who is 'he'?
What does the age of consent have to do with a thread about teaching children about gay parents?

tatchell...who else...he's one of your lot thought you would know...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:03 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Who is 'he'?

Right. And what has he got to do with this thread?

And if Tatchell is one of 'my lot' does that make Gary Glitter one of 'your lot'?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

And if Tatchell is one of 'my lot' does that make Gary Glitter one of 'your lot'?

no mate i sing more opera not really pop singer at all...

i covered for you cos i know how upset you got when you misunderstood me and thought i was calling you a peado...lol

so your not gay now, that's cool , who turned you on to skirt?? Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Eilzel wrote:A smelly, beacon of joy and happiness as always. Bringing a radiant glow with your posts of sweet sense and lovely niceties. I bet you walk around with permant smile of contentment in real life if your dazzling persona here is anything to go by Smile

::smthg:: ::smthg:: 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

You do realize you are 'debating' with a poster who's mental age is 2?

I admire your patience Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:11 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

i covered for you cos i know how upset you got when you misunderstood me and thought i was calling you a peado...lol

:\\:[:
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:12 pm

This one's gone mental.

(the thread, not a particular poster)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Sorry I assumed since Tatchell is one of 'my lot' you meant we were adopting famous figures purely on sexuality- in which case you are in Gary's gang right  Rolling Eyes 

^ I know sexy, I know...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Sorry I assumed since Tatchell is one of 'my lot' you meant we were adopting famous figures purely on sexuality- in which case you are in Gary's gang right  Rolling Eyes 

^ I know sexy, I know...

again if you are implying i am a peado, you know how that implication upset you the other night...

otherwise as i said no he sang pop and I much prefer to sing opera ... Smile

you didn't say who changed you on to skirt by the way??

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:02 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

^ I know sexy, I know...

again if you are implying i am a peado, you know how that implication upset you the other night...

You are being an idiot- you claimed Tatchell was one of 'your lot'; what did you mean by that?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

You are being an idiot- you claimed Tatchell was one of 'your lot'; what did you mean by that?

Last edited by heavenly father on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:30 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

queer, what else... Smile 

Hitler and Stalin were both heterosexual, does that make them one of our lot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:33 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Exactly; me and Pete are both queer; that is the limit of what we have in common.

And therefore Gary Glitter was a 'straight'; is therefore one of 'your lot'. So don't try and group us together as though we are part of some unit.

And I'm still failing to see what Tatchell or his particular views of what age people should be allowed to have sex has to do with a film celebrating gay parents?????
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Exactly; me and Pete are both queer; that is the limit of what we have in common.

And therefore Gary Glitter was a 'straight'; is therefore one of 'your lot'. So don't try and group us together as though we are part of some unit.

And I'm still failing to see what Tatchell or his particular views of what age people should be allowed to have sex has to do with a film celebrating gay parents?????

The op had 'gay' in the title therefore according to him anything 'gay' is allowed! I did warn you about his mental capabilities!

Razz 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Fantastic, I love it when somebody edits their post but not after it's been quoted so that everyone else can see what they tried to hide ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Fantastic, I love it when somebody edits their post but not after it's been quoted so that everyone else can see what they tried to hide ...

Haha, so he has; realized what a plonker he has made himself look perhaps  lol! Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:A smelly, beacon of joy and happiness as always. Bringing a radiant glow with your posts of sweet sense and lovely niceties. I bet you walk around with permant smile of contentment in real life if your dazzling persona here is anything to go by Smile

niceties are for assholes who don't like factities

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:24 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

niceties are for assholes who don't like factities

How droll- I was taking the piss, obviously- stop spoiling my internet with your miserable-self please  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Stonewall launches new anti-bullying film for UK schools BNPLogo

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 am

gerber wrote:I am so relieved junior has aged by a year and so have I.............................  grateful because he is now at senior school and the film will not be oushed in front of his eyes nad him being forced to sit on a hard hall floor watching with his peers and the rest of the contents of his school.

Too much, Too far.......  Too young

Not surprising that remark, given your rampant homophobia!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:36 am

Les is a real star!

He always pulls it up (Gobba  Razz ) when it is constantly homophobic, bit like that Matti creature, on the flop forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down