NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about Putin

+4
Syl
Tommy Monk
eddie
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's talk about Putin Empty Let's talk about Putin

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:57 pm

I know the site is really inactive lately, but I was hoping to see some discussion of the latest Russian events tonight. So I'll start the discussion.

I remember more than 22 years ago, when Sen. John McCain was runnings against Texas Gov. George W. Bush for the Republican presidental nomination. Bush famous said of Vladimir Putin, "I looked in his eyes and saw his soul." McCain's sharp retort was, "I looked in his eyes and saw KGB."

Putin, let's not forget, has run Russia since the late 1990s. He's stood for president and for PM and somehow, he's never lost.

He's known to have political opponents, critics and journalists jailed on trumped-up charges or assassinated.

He re-annexed Crimea last decade and has had designs on Ukraine for years. Now his regime is implying that Sweden and Finland had better not consider joining Nato or they might be attacked.

His Internet skunkworks are well-known. A great number of Facebook groups and pages that shit-stir in U.S. politics were found to have originated in Russia. His internet operatives interfered in Brexit and many other elections in Europe and the U.S.

I read earlier today that a former CIA chief (or maybe MI6) said Putin is isolated and ill-advised, seeing himself as a messiah figure and simultaneaously deeply frustrated at the lack of progress on his agenda.

That agenda is obviously to increase his own power at the expense of his neighbors. He can't be a cooperative leader; he leads to feed his own ego. And finally, the world has a good-enough excuse to get rid of him.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about Putin Empty Re: Let's talk about Putin

Post by eddie Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:19 pm

People with big egos are dangerous.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:54 am

Waffle...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Waffle...

Why, iyo, is it waffle?

Putin is Hitler mark 2, I don't know why he hasn't been killed yet, surely the world would be a better place without him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:37 pm

Ukraine have been bombing their own people for 8 years and nobody has seemed to care about that...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:12 pm

So it's OK then for some power crazed despot to invade the Ukraine and threaten death and destruction to anyone who tries to stop him?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 am

Syl wrote:So it's OK then for some power crazed despot to invade the Ukraine and threaten death and destruction to anyone who tries to stop him?

Tommy is playing a whataboutism card, to avoid your very question.  He's changing the subject to: whatabout the 8-years of bombing?  This is compounded by the fact that there never was 8-years of bombing of Ukrainians.  Those were Russian soldiers, left over from the taking of Crimea.

The Yanukovych (2010 – 2019) government in Ukraine was considered a kleptocracy.  I don’t believe it bombed or otherwise maintained a campaign of killing, but it went about stealing assets and enterprises left over from the soviet days.  This is the modus operandi of Russian governments as well…particularly the Russian government under Vladimir Putin.  They both have used such plunder as a means maintaining control, much like organized crime in Sicily and certain US cities (hence the term for Putin's style of government: Russian Mafia).

The current Ukrainian government of Volodymyr Zelenskyy (2019 - ) has cleaned up such corruption – as a result  the Russians have invaded, hoping to restore syndicate control to Ukraine.

In 2014, as a part of the invasion of Crimea, the Russians had established and financed a puppet movement in two eastern states of Luhansk and Donetsk.  These were mostly Russian professional soldiers posing as secessionists (they are Russian speakers), and they are the faux-David’s to which tommy refers to as “one’s own people”.  It’s all staged by the Russians to victim-posture, and manufacture an excuse for the invasion.  I doubt they were more than a mosquito on a rhinoceros’s ass, but that is what the Russians have used as a pretext for the invasion.

Tommy is towing the Russian line.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:31 am

The Ukrainian military have been shelling their own people in the Donbass region of Ukraine for 8 years, killing thousands of civilians including women and children.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:01 pm

Yet they are now trying to flee the invasion from Russia in their thousands.
I know of a couple, in their late 70's. They are now so frightened they are attempting to leave and come over to the UK where they have family.

They have lived all their lives in one of the Ukraine's close border countries, but are now, thanks to the madman who is threatening the world, not only the Ukraine, terrified of what may happen to them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:58 pm

Syl wrote:Yet they are now trying to flee the invasion from Russia in their thousands.
I know of a couple, in their late 70's.  They are now so frightened they are attempting to leave and come over to the UK where they have family.

They have lived all their lives in one of the Ukraine's close border countries, but are now, thanks to the madman who is threatening the world, not only the Ukraine,  terrified of what may happen to them.

Always watch which way the refugees run.

Russia and Belarus are much closer than Poland for most of these people, but they don't flee there.

The election people have with their feet is always the most telling one.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:So it's OK then for some power crazed despot to invade the Ukraine and threaten death and destruction to anyone who tries to stop him?

Tommy is playing a whataboutism card, to avoid your very question.  He's changing the subject to: whatabout the 8-years of bombing?  This is compounded by the fact that there never was 8-years of bombing of Ukrainians.  Those were Russian soldiers, left over from the taking of Crimea.

The Yanukovych (2010 – 2019) government in Ukraine was considered a kleptocracy.  I don’t believe it bombed or otherwise maintained a campaign of killing, but it went about stealing assets and enterprises left over from the soviet days.  This is the modus operandi of Russian governments as well…particularly the Russian government under Vladimir Putin.  They both have used such plunder as a means maintaining control, much like organized crime in Sicily and certain US cities (hence the term for Putin's style of government: Russian Mafia).

The current Ukrainian government of Volodymyr Zelenskyy (2019 - ) has cleaned up such corruption – as a result  the Russians have invaded, hoping to restore syndicate control to Ukraine.

In 2014, as a part of the invasion of Crimea, the Russians had established and financed a puppet movement in two eastern states of Luhansk and Donetsk.  These were mostly Russian professional soldiers posing as secessionists (they are Russian speakers), and they are the faux-David’s to which tommy refers to as “one’s own people”.  It’s all staged by the Russians to victim-posture, and manufacture an excuse for the invasion.  I doubt they were more than a mosquito on a rhinoceros’s ass, but that is what the Russians have used as a pretext for the invasion.

You are correct, a Russian journalist has been telling it like it is for those long years, few people were listening, Russians stirring the pot in those regions. I know a few people who have family in the area and apart from the language problem (Russian speaking areas have to become Ukrainian speaking) they have no axe to grind with the Ukrainian authorities. For years under USSR control everything official was in the Russian language.  The people in those regions are taking up arms against Russian troops and are shouting Glory to Ukraine, doesn't sound like a separatist movement to me. There have been surveys in the area of Donbas and on each occassion the majority want to stay with Ukraine. Russian media is state controlled for the most part what the Russian people are been told of what's going on is completely different to what we see that is happening.
Now there are reports of Russian soldiers thinking they were on excercise, some trying to steal cars to get away from the war, others asking Ukranians for food, some laying down their guns. Even the generals with Putin while he ordered his nuclear deterrent on standby look nonplussed and maybe a little scared.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:54 am

Waffle...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:51 am

Must have your news feed from the Russian State media Tommy.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Yet they are now trying to flee the invasion from Russia in their thousands.
I know of a couple, in their late 70's.  They are now so frightened they are attempting to leave and come over to the UK where they have family.

They have lived all their lives in one of the Ukraine's close border countries, but are now, thanks to the madman who is threatening the world, not only the Ukraine,  terrified of what may happen to them.

Russia and Belarus are much closer than Poland for most of these people, but they don't flee there.

Many will try to get to the countries where they have family.
The couple I spoke of...it's my grandsons girlfriends grandparents, they want to try to reach their daughter here.
The grandad has never left his own country, but now they feel forced, in their old age, to leave everything they have ever known.

The news from the Ukraine gets worse every day.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:27 pm

Vintage wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You are correct, a Russian journalist has been telling it like it is for those long years, few people were listening, Russians stirring the pot in those regions. I know a few people who have family in the area and apart from the language problem (Russian speaking areas have to become Ukrainian speaking) they have no axe to grind with the Ukrainian authorities. For years under USSR control everything official was in the Russian language.  The people in those regions are taking up arms against Russian troops and are shouting Glory to Ukraine, doesn't sound like a separatist movement to me. There have been surveys in the area of Donbas and on each occassion the majority want to stay with Ukraine. Russian media is state controlled for the most part what the Russian people are been told of what's going on is completely different to what we see that is happening.
Now there are reports of Russian soldiers thinking they were on excercise, some trying to steal cars to get away from the war, others asking Ukranians for food, some laying down their guns. Even the generals with Putin while he ordered his nuclear deterrent on standby look nonplussed and maybe a little scared.

It's unbelievable that even the Russian soldiers have been tricked into fighting.
The messages released today, found beside a dead Russian soldier, where his mother asks him,is he on exercises, where can she send a parcel to him.

"Ukraine's ambassador to the UN, Sergiy Kyslytsya, said that the messages were from a dead soldier's phone.

"I would like to read these messages from a smartphone of a killed Russian soldier," said Mr Kyslytsya.

According to the messages he read out, the soldier told his mother that it was hard in Ukraine, where people "are falling under our armoured vehicles".

"Mama, I am in Ukraine. There is a real war raging here. I am afraid. We are bombing all of the cities together, even targeting civilians. We were told that they would welcome us and they are falling under our armoured vehicles, throwing themselves under the wheels and not allowing us to pass. They call us fascists. Mama this is so hard," the soldier said, according to the texts read out by the Ukrainian Ambassador.

Holding up the images of the text messages, the envoy added: "This was several moments before he was killed. Just realise the magnitude of this tragedy."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The couple I spoke of...it's my grandsons girlfriends grandparents, they want to try to reach their daughter here.
The grandad has never left his own country, but now they feel forced, in their old age,  to leave everything they have ever known.

Unless that country is Russia.

They are flat out not going there. Even though most of them can speak Russian.

The Russian people are their brothers. The Russian government is run by a cold blooded lunatic.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:25 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

The grandad has never left his own country, but now they feel forced, in their old age,  to leave everything they have ever known.

Unless that country is Russia.

They are flat out not going there. Even though most of them can speak Russian.

The Russian people are their brothers. The Russian government is run by a cold blooded lunatic.

Spot on.
Many of the Russian people are victims too....Putin and his advisers should be killed. He is a danger to the world not only his neighbours.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:28 pm

Plenty fled Donbass region over the last 8 years and head to Russia.

These people in this area have been getting bombed by the Ukrainian military for the last 8 years, killing thousands of civilians including women and children.

But nobody cares about them and the misery they have had inflicted on them all these years it seems...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:43 pm

So why have the people there said they want to stay with Ukraine, why are they taking up arms to fight the Russians and why are they displaying Ukranian flags and shouting Glory to Ukraine? Or maybe they are more fake Ukranians - Russians in Ukranian clothes trying to cause confusion just as they have been stirring unrest in that region for 8 years.. Why would people who live there, in contact with some friends of mine over here tell us lies.
Russians are leaving Russia if they can doesn't sound very positive to me.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and Original Quill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Plenty fled Donbass region over the last 8 years and head to Russia.

These people in this area have been getting bombed by the Ukrainian military for the last 8 years, killing thousands of civilians including women and children.

But nobody cares about them and the misery they have had inflicted on them all these years it seems...

What, 12 people?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:01 am

Vintage, you are misinformed.

MD, thousands dead, dozens of thousands more injured, and nearly a million displaced.

8 years of Ukraine military bombing their own people in the Donbass region and nobody has really cared about it at all.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Vintage, you are misinformed.

MD, thousands dead, dozens of thousands more injured, and nearly a million displaced.

8 years of Ukraine military bombing their own people in the Donbass region and nobody has really cared about it at all.

And Trump won the election (even tho' he lost the count by 7-million votes).

We all know how the BIG LIE works, tommy.  It's inventor, Nazi Propaganda Chief Joseph Goebbels, once said:

Goebbels wrote:If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joseph-goebbels-on-the-quot-big-lie-quot

The BIG LIE tactic is being used by Putin right now, as a pretext to invade Ukraine.  The BIG LIE inevitably casts an aggrieved in in the role of victim (‘bombing their own people”), and the aggressor in the role of the hero.  One tries to drum up support for Russian soldiers so that the Russian Army can play the role of hero.

The BIG LIE is a staged production, only unlike Fiddler on The Roof or Sunset Boulevard, the theatre is the whole world, and the director is a mass manipulator.  The world has just seen a BIG LIAR in Trump...it's too soon for Putin to try to play the same game.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Vintage, you are misinformed.

A million huh? A million Ukrainians fled to Russia?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:07 pm

Really and what about the rebels bombing their fellow citizens, didn't the violence start with the armed separatists attacking a police station? What would any government do about something like that?
Who is and has been supporting the separatists with arms? (and stirring the political pot vigourously for all those years). Who handed out over 1 million Russian passports to the citizens of a sovereign recognised country?
The area was heavily industrialised, as with many regions in many countries post industrialisation brings a lot of problems and poverty, in this case major poverty, whether they are automonous, with Ukraine or Russia I don't see that changing any time soon unless industrialisation is resurrected in a big way.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:11 am

MD, I said displaced... Not fled to Russia...

Vintage, the conflict now is a direct result of years of US/EU/NATO gerrymandering in Ukraine.

Quill, don't try to lecture me on the 'big lie'... I'm well aware of the theory and origins etc... I only speak the truth...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:09 am

Whatever you think the US/EU/NATO have been doing are you seriously saying Russia hasn't been there as well, you are deluded or an old time commie if that's the case.
One minute its saving the Russian speaking people the next its NATO saying how Europe should live, then its nuclear weapons in Ukraine if it joins NATO on Russia's borders looks like any excuse is ok to the Russians. If you've lived long enough you remember the USSR having nuclear weapons all along their border with the rest of Europe, no buffer countries then.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:38 pm

How many times can you poke a sleeping bear with a stick before it gets up and attacks you?

Are we to then blame the bear, or those poking it with the stick?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Lots of people use that analogy, this bear though doesn't sleep. Just waits for an opportunity to take what belongs to someone else by sending in agitators, when the legal government reacts he leaps in to the defence blaming everyone else for his actions and he's gained more ground and power over areas.
Remember Georgia, suddenly has some rebels in two areas, I wonder who was poking those particular bears, legal government reacts, Georgia suddenly finds itself fighting a South Ossetian/Abkhasian rebel/Russian alliance. The end result South Ossetia and Abkhazia are independent but with Russian military bases established in their territory, sound familiar Tommy?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:How many times can you poke a sleeping bear with a stick before it gets up and attacks you?

Are we to then blame the bear, or those poking it with the stick?

A bear will attack when it doesn't get its way. There were no sticks poking it. Apparently, this bear wasn't getting its way. It just says, "I want your property...gimme!"

With Hitler, we learned that taking from your neighbor was stealing. And stealing is uncivilized behavior. Unfortunately, the organized crime syndicate that runs Russia - perhaps because it is so isolated - didn't get the memo.

If they behave in an uncivilized fashion, they must be exiled from civilization. The exiling is taking place as we speak. When winter comes, they will learn what a warm hearth means.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

MD, I said displaced... Not fled to Russia...

Vintage, the conflict now is a direct result of years of US/EU/NATO gerrymandering in Ukraine.

Quill, don't try to lecture me on the 'big lie'... I'm well aware of the theory and origins etc... I only speak the truth...

Displaced to where?

You're starting to sound like Maduro of Venezuela.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:47 am

Internally displaced...

Although it has recently been reported that 130,000 have fled to Russia in recent days...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:55 am

Does this senator have the right idea?

"Lindsey Graham, a Republican senator for South Carolina, said the only way Russia's invasion of Ukraine ends is "for somebody in Russia to take this guy out.

"Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military," he said on Twitter, referencing the army officer who unsuccessfully attempted to kill Adolf Hitler. The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out. You would be doing your country - and the world - a great service.

Meanwhile...

"Europe's biggest nuclear power plant was shelled by Russian forces in Ukraine.

Three Ukrainian troops were killed and two were wounded in the attack, according to the Ukrainian state nuclear company."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/take-this-guy-out-us-senator-calls-on-russians-to-assassinate-putin/ar-AAUB6wa?ocid=msedgntp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Internally displaced...

Although it has recently been reported that 130,000 have fled to Russia in recent days...

Reported by whom? The folks arming amd supplying separatists in Ukraine?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:11 pm

Syl wrote:Does this senator have the right idea?

"Lindsey Graham, a Republican senator for South Carolina, said the only way Russia's invasion of Ukraine ends is "for somebody in Russia to take this guy out.

"Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military," he said on Twitter, referencing the army officer who unsuccessfully attempted to kill Adolf Hitler. The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out. You would be doing your country - and the world - a great service.

Meanwhile...

"Europe's biggest nuclear power plant was shelled by Russian forces in Ukraine.

Three Ukrainian troops were killed and two were wounded in the attack, according to the Ukrainian state nuclear company."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/take-this-guy-out-us-senator-calls-on-russians-to-assassinate-putin/ar-AAUB6wa?ocid=msedgntp

Putin knows this is a very real possibility at this point.

His people are suffering, the Ukranians are suffering. The whole world is suffering because of his arrogant attempt to rebuild the empire of his youth. Ukraine was not a threat to him. NATO wasn't a threat to him. Zelensky isn't a war criminal, he's a fucking comedian. A lot of folks in Russia know all.of this. They are embarrassed to be Russian. This will eventually end poorly for Mr Putin.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:15 pm

Eventually the dead on both sides will be counted. Wars are dumb, but imagine being the loved one of someone who dies in this one. We haven't seen a war this dumb in Europe, in our lifetimes.

I don't know if I've seen a war this dumb anywhere, in my lifetime. Maybe Rwanda?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:45 pm

In rare backing for Russia following its invasion of Ukraine, Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro on Tuesday assured Vladimir Putin of his "strong support" in a telephone call, according to a Kremlin statement.
In the call initiated by Caracas, the Venezuelan leader also condemned "destabilizing actions of the United States and NATO" and spoke out against a Western campaign of "lies and disinformation," it said.

^This should surprise no one. The Tankies have always supported Soviet/Russian aggression against the West.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Internally displaced...

But if course everything said by those who have been arming and supporting Ukraine is true...

I don't support war, I support peace... And the sooner this whole situation is de-escalated to peace the better!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Maddog wrote:

But if course everything said by those who have been arming and supporting Ukraine is true...

I don't support war, I support peace... And the sooner this whole situation is de-escalated to peace the better!

I think Ukraine is allowed to arm itself. That's sorta how it works. It's their fucking country.

Does the UK have am armed presence to challenge separatists that want to split off from the UK?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:16 pm

No, many in Scotland want independence from the UK and we decided it by putting it to a referendum, democratically... We didn't start bombing them...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

No, many in Scotland want independence from the UK and we decided it by putting it to a referendum, democratically... We didn't start bombing them...

No shit. The Scots don't have armed separatists fighting against the British government either. The IRA did though..

Come on man, you're smarter than this.

Putin has been the aggressor in all of this. What country has armed anyone in Russia, or invaded Russian territory?

No one has even made a threat of invading Russia, especially Ukraine.

There's a very good reason none of Ukraine's neighbors fear Ukraine, while most of Russia's do.

One of those countries is run by a fucking lunatic.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Vintage and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No, many in Scotland want independence from the UK and we decided it by putting it to a referendum, democratically... We didn't start bombing them...

Scots are civilized.  Russians?  Not hardly...  Evil or Very Mad

The simple fact is that Russians are in Ukrainian territory; Ukrainians haven't stepped a foot into Russian territory.  So...how did Russian soldiers get into Ukraine?  Same way they grabbed Croatia.  It's what the German's called liebestraum, in 1936.  They grabbed it...that's what criminal enterprises do. Hey...it's the Russian Mafia, executing a heist!

Putin is a master of disinformatsiya.  He is the former head of the KGB, fgs.  As Putin moved his troops into attack position, he was called out by the US, step by step.  Then he released his fabricated excuse (which you are now pitching).  He was outed before the fact.

Is St. Petersburg making you spew this line?  You're embarrassing yourself, tommy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:38 pm

Wow, this prompted a lot more discussion than I expected!

Can't believe Tommy's making excuses for Putin's aggression, though -- I find that really disappointing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:22 pm

I'm not making excuses, and I don't support wars, I support peace!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I'm not making excuses, and I don't support wars, I support peace!

I do too. I look at wars as though it’s two boys fighting over something we can’t really get to the bottom of and I’m not interested. Let them get on with it.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:18 pm

If you think wars are like two boys foghting over something, I take it its ok if its not affecting you personally, what happens if it affects you personally, your child is conscripted to fight? what do you think about bullying in the school yard and bullying internationally?
What would you have done when the Nazi's decided to take over Europe? Stand back and say let them get on with it?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:27 pm

I have had some photos/videos from friends of friends in Ukraine. Photos of Russian troops who have been captured or surrendered, mainly quite young but some are disturbingly young, they look about 12, quite small and they haven't even begun to shave - no beards no 5 oclock shadow at all, some just look miserable, some are crying, all are hungry and grateful for food given to them by Ukrainians and they don't seem to know what the hell is going on. I wish I could show you.
I've seen other photos too of very dead soldiers.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:37 am

All this rhetoric and propaganda going round is just getting people going and stoking the fire for a huge escalation and full scale war of death and destruction across the whole of Europe and probably dmost other parts of the world too!

Diplomacy and de-escalation and peaceful resolution must be found here!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:All this rhetoric and propaganda going round is just getting people going and stoking the fire for a huge escalation and full scale war of death and destruction across the whole of Europe and probably dmost other parts of the world too!

Diplomacy and de-escalation and peaceful resolution must be found here!

Tell it to Putin.  Russia is the only nation that is invading another country.  His talk of nuclear preparation is reckless.  No one has spoken of that since the 1950's, and the rise of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD).

If Putin makes the mistake of starting a shooting war with any NATO nation, Russia will be vaporized...with a nuclear half life of about 5,000,000-years.  I don't know the exact figure, but it won't be pretty.

We have Star Wars to keep his missiles at bay...if he even has any.  We don't know if he has kept stocks fresh.  Organized crime figures like to intimidate, but they don't often clean and oil their guns.  Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:53 am

Easy for you and all the other armchair generals to talk tough... But the 99.9% of the rest of us don't want anything to do with this "my dick is bigger than your dick" bullshit!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

lolly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:54 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Easy for you and all the other armchair generals to talk tough... But the 99.9% of the rest of us don't want anything to do with this "my dick is bigger than your dick" bullshit!

I sort of hate having to play this card, it's a bit obvious, but here goes ...

Hey Tommy! I've forgotten what happened the last time Britain ignored a European dictator invading another country; can you refresh my memory?

FFS
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next