NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very quiet here at the moment...

+4
Syl
Maddog
Andy
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

Very quiet here at the moment... Empty Very quiet here at the moment...

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:40 pm

Where is everyone...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Very quiet here at the moment... Empty Re: Very quiet here at the moment...

Post by Andy Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:01 am

Are you really so stupid you are unable to answer that question yourself?
This place started going downhill when Vic started laying down his own law and making up his own rules. He HATED left wingers, and frequently banned them for no reason other than he disagreed politically. And by his own signature, he couldn't give damn.
In 15-20 years of forum posting, he was truly amongst the worst moderators I have ever encountered.
Ben invariably overruled him.
As a result, many left wingers quit.
After he died, Eddie has lurched to the right, presumably to fill the void left by him.
Eddie also alienated  serveral of her former friends by taking the piss out of dead Nora, an appalling thing to do, and they too quit.
What was left in the debris was you, Tom, a self confessed Nazi, with a Hitler  avatar. You are a climate change denying, covid denying, anti vaxxing racist who believes he is better qualified on Covid-19  than the world's leading Professors of Virology  .
You won't change your trolling, which is all it is now,the few who remained also seem fed up with your peurile and baseless claims,and no longer reply either.
As a result, what was once a decent, lively forum of diverse views has become InaFlop mark 2, Tumbleweed city.
Those who have left now post on better, livelier and more respectful forums.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:54 pm

You can't help yourself still with your lying and trolling...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Andy wrote:Are you really so stupid you are unable to answer that question yourself?
This place started going downhill when Vic started laying down his own law and making up his own rules. He HATED left wingers, and frequently banned them for no reason other than he disagreed politically. And by his own signature, he couldn't give damn.
In 15-20 years of forum posting, he was truly amongst the worst moderators I have ever encountered.
After he died, Eddie has lurched to the right, presumably to fill the void left by him.
Eddie also alienated  serveral of her former friends by taking the piss out of dead Nora, an appalling thing to do, and they too quit.
What was left in the debris was you, Tom, a self confessed Nazi, with a Hitler  avatar. You are a climate change denying, covid denying, anti vaxxing racist who believes he is better qualified on Covid-19  than the world's leading Professors of Virology  .
You won't change your trolling, which is all it is now,the few who remained also seem fed up with your peurile and baseless claims,and no longer reply either.
As a result, what was once a decent, lively forum of diverse views has become InaFlop mark 2, Tumbleweed city.

I post on less respectful forums you whiney, little bitch.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:37 am

So where is Ben, Eddie, Quill, Maddog, Gels, Vintage, Tommy, Didge etc etc???

Come on people, I expected to have loads of posts to answer after my break, but apart from Andys whingy one... nothing.

There will be a prize for the next person who starts an interesting topic, the prize will be self-satisfaction and a sense of doing good for the planet (well the forum)

Now dont all push to the front, be gracious. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:55 pm

I have visited regularly but no one was home. I'll try to do better.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:51 pm

I've been here and posting a bit...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:11 pm

Andy wrote:Are you really so stupid you are unable to answer that question yourself?

oh poppet

you really are in a bad way, aren't you?

sending hugs

I love you

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Syl wrote:So where is Ben, Eddie, Quill, Maddog, Gels, Vintage, Tommy, Didge etc etc???

Come on people, I expected to have loads of posts to answer after my break, but apart from Andys whingy one... nothing.

There will be a prize for the next person who starts an interesting topic, the prize will be self-satisfaction and a sense of doing good for the planet (well the forum)

Sorry guys I’ve had Covid since 31st October. All good. Didn’t have it badly, a bit tired but otherwise I was okay. I have lost my sense of taste and smell but other than that, I’m done and dandy!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Actually don't know why Andy's blamed a dead man who can't defend himself for the departure of "left-wing" posters who I can't remember (can anybody else tell me who they were?) -- and what really takes the cake is to say eddie has become a right-winger. Just bizzarre. Makes me wonder if he's got us confused with another forum, actually.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:So where is Ben, Eddie, Quill, Maddog, Gels, Vintage, Tommy, Didge etc etc???

Sorry guys I’ve had Covid since 31st October. All good. Didn’t have it badly, a bit tired but otherwise I was okay. I have lost my sense of taste and smell but other than that, I’m done and dandy!

Hi Eddie, well I'm happy you got over Covid quickly, though losing your sense of smell and taste must be a pain.
I bought some fresh growing mint in Sainsburys last week, the lady on the till could smell it as she picked it up, said it was the first thing she had smelled for weeks, thanks to covid.

So buy some mint and inhale. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Actually don't know why Andy's blamed a dead man who can't defend himself for the departure of "left-wing" posters who I can't remember (can anybody else tell me who they were?) -- and what really takes the cake is to say eddie has become a right-winger. Just bizzarre. Makes me wonder if he's got us confused with another forum, actually.

His post was so negative, I couldn't even be bothered replying.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Hi Eddie, well I'm happy you got over Covid quickly, though losing your sense of smell and taste must be a pain.
I bought some fresh growing mint in Sainsburys last week, the lady on the till could smell it as she picked it up, said it was the first thing she had smelled for weeks, thanks to covid.

So buy some mint and inhale. cheers

It’s kinda weird because I can almost taste mint and coffee and spices. I’m putting hot pepper sauce on everything that I eat at the moment.
My daughter has just tested positive and she’s okay apart from losing her taste and smell today. She’s kinda bummed she can’t taste chocolate Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:55 pm

It's certainly not gone away yet, another 145 people died of Covid related illness in the last 24 hours.
I now know of 5 people who have died of it, most people I know who have had it have either felt OK like your daughter, or pretty rough for a week or so, the younger ones have fared better, as expected.

I had my booster a couple of weeks ago, we are living life almost back to normal....apart from holidaying abroad, still dont fancy airports and aircraft travel.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:03 am

Syl wrote:It's certainly not gone away yet, another 145 people died of Covid related illness in the last 24 hours.
I now know of 5 people who have died of it, most people I know who have had it have either felt OK like your daughter, or pretty rough for a week or so, the younger ones have fared better, as expected.

I had my booster a couple of weeks ago, we are living life almost back to normal....apart from holidaying abroad, still dont fancy airports and aircraft travel.

hey syl x

can i just ask you, do you have a covid pass?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:07 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:It's certainly not gone away yet, another 145 people died of Covid related illness in the last 24 hours.

hey syl x

Hiya Gels.x

Yes, but i have to print it off because I dont have a mobile phone.
So far ...probably because I haven't been abroad yet, I haven't had to show it anywhere.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:16 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

hey syl x

Hiya Gels.x

Yes, but i have to print it off because I dont have a mobile phone.
So far ...probably because I haven't been abroad yet, I haven't had to show it anywhere.

you don't have a mobile phone???

seriously?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:17 am

No she doesn’t. In Syl’s world it’s still 1962 Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:19 am

Hahaha....1962 was a very good year. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:21 am

eddie wrote:

glad you're ok edds

the one and only time i caught flu was years ago and it came upon me so suddenly. i was ok when i got up for work but felt it starting as i was on the way to work and got sent home before 10.00 as i had a temperature, my throat hurt, my nose was clogged etc. i made it home then spent 3-4 days in bed just wiped out, then a further 7 days or more to get recovered and get energy levels back. also no sense of smell or taste. it's very common when all the sinuses etc are blocked.

so just your average flu then

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:21 am

Syl wrote:Hahaha....1962 was a very good year. cheers

Perhaps it was....

GET A FUCKING MOBILE PHONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:22 am

eddie wrote:No she doesn’t. In Syl’s world it’s still 1962 Rolling Eyes

hahahahaha even my parents had mobiles

only old pay as you go ones but still,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:23 am

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:

glad you're ok edds

the one and only time i caught flu was years ago and it came upon me so suddenly.  i was ok when i got up for work but felt it starting as i was on the way to work and got sent home before 10.00 as i had a temperature, my throat hurt, my nose was clogged etc.  i made it home then spent 3-4 days in bed just wiped out, then a further 7 days or more to get recovered and get energy levels back.  also no sense of smell or taste.  it's very common when all the sinuses etc are blocked.

so just your average flu then

To be honest Gels, if I didn’t know about covid I’d have just thought I had any old virus that made me feel a bit tired. It really was no big deal and I know lots and lots of people who’ve had it and said the exact same thing
eddie
eddie

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:01 am

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:No she doesn’t. In Syl’s world it’s still 1962 Rolling Eyes

Very quiet here at the moment... 2794048296

OK....I do use my OH's mobile sometimes, tbh, sometimes there is no other way people will contact you other than by text, so I have to.

But the freedom of being out and about and not relying on a phone to tell me how to get there, not having anyone talking shite down my ear, not having the urge to check emails, forums, candy crush (my mates addicted) actually concentrating on the people i can see in front of me and the actual world around me rather than a little hand held gadget, that's actually very liberating.
Very quiet here at the moment... 1069003512
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:08 am

You can switch it off when you go out?

I don’t use my mobile much to be honest but I like being able to be in touch with someone should I need to.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

Very quiet here at the moment... 2794048296

OK....I do use my OH's mobile sometimes, tbh, sometimes there is no other way people will contact you other than by text, so I have to.

But the freedom of being out and about  and not relying on a phone to tell me how to get there,  not having anyone talking shite down my ear, not having the urge to check emails, forums, candy crush (my mates addicted) actually concentrating on the people i can see in front of me and the actual world around me rather than a little hand held gadget, that's actually very liberating.
Very quiet here at the moment... 1069003512

you are selling the idea very well but my offspring get very cross with me when i don't answer my phone besides i don't get obsessive over it. i use it if i need it then put it away again. i can still interact with people. i am a bit reliant on google maps at times though lolol

have to go to sleep. i will probably be on here tomorrow, hope to catch up again then

nite ladies x

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:19 am

Night Gels. Night Syl x

Been lovely catching up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:27 am

It's lovely to see you both, and hopfully all the other nice posters who have been on here for years.

Sleep well.x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down