NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist

+4
Maddog
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist Empty MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:48 am

Counter-terror police are leading the investigation into the fatal attack on the Conservative MP Sir David Amess, who was stabbed multiple times at his constituency surgery.

Sir David, the MP for Southend West in Essex, was killed on Friday at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea, and a British man of Somalian origin was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Paramedics tried for two hours to save the 69-year-old father-of-five, but he died of his injuries and figures across the political spectrum have paid tribute to the "irreplaceable" MP.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/10/15/conservative-mp-david-amess-stabbed-multiple-times-surgery-church1/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist Empty Re: MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:27 am

Where’s the evidence that the killer is Islamist?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist Empty Re: MP David Amess stabbed to death in horrific attack by Somali islamist

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 am

The Metropolitan Police has said that the killing of the Conservative MP was an act of terrorism linked to Islamic extremism.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Poor man. He was a staunch animal rights campaigner and spoke out against halal slaughter and fox hunting.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Sort of off subject, but I remember when Princess Di died and there was a similar response by the ambulance in that case. They spend an hour or more on scene, trying to save the patient as opposed to the American method of scoop, dash and get them in the ER.

I understand that there was an air ambulance dispatched but never used.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:04 pm

I think he was dead quite a while before it was announced... Probably so as to have time to contact family members first with the bad news, rather than them hear it on the news...

And I thought Diana was picked up quick in an ambulance but then driven around for about an hour instead of taking to a hospital...?

Although my memory of this might be a bit wrong.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I think he was dead quite a while before it was announced... Probably so as to have time to contact family members first with the bad news, rather than them hear it on the news...

And I thought Diana was picked up quick in an ambulance but then driven around for about an hour instead of taking to a hospital...?

Although my memory of this might be a bit wrong.

Maybe, but would have been transported here.

Di was treated for about an hour on scene, then driven to a hospital very slowly.

But she was conscious and talking when paramedics arrived.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/HealthCare/story?id=8437560
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Why are the media/politicians talking only about the possible need for MPs to be given extra protection when meeting the public???

Surely the question should be about why the mps are allowing so many dangerous foreigners into the country!?

Why should these MPs be given protection from the scum bags that these MPs policies have inflicted onto the rest of the general public and we are forced to endure!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Why are the media/politicians talking only about the possible need for MPs to be given extra protection when meeting the public???

Surely the question should be about why the mps are allowing so many dangerous foreigners into the country!?

Why should these MPs be given protection from the scum bags that these MPs policies have inflicted onto the rest of the general public and we are forced to endure!?

According to the Sun the killer and his family have the lived in the UK for over 20 years. And the killer is 25. This isn't a problem with letting 'dangerous foreigners' into the country. Jo Cox was also not murdered by a 'dangerous foreigners'.

So more security IS obviously needed. But so is an end to the constant poisonous rhetoric when it comes to political discourse in the UK, which is exactly what leaders to MPs being abused and in these rare cases, killed.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:50 pm

David Amess's killing was cruel and brutal and barbaric. I hope his grieving family can find some comfort from the spontaneous and heartfelt response from the community and beyond. Rest in Peace.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:46 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

According to the Sun the killer and his family have the lived in the UK for over 20 years. And the killer is 25. This isn't a problem with letting 'dangerous foreigners' into the country. Jo Cox was also not murdered by a 'dangerous foreigners'.

So more security IS obviously needed. But so is an end to the constant poisonous rhetoric when it comes to political discourse in the UK, which is exactly what leaders to MPs being abused and in these rare cases, killed.

This islamist terrorist had already been referred to the 'prevent' anti terrorism program a number of years ago... So his islamist terrorist leanings were already known.

This is a totally separate issue to abusive messages being sent to MPs... Most of which, incidentally, are sent from the lovely lefties!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:58 pm

Wouldn't it be cheaper to not allow people in from certain countries that are suspect in their ideologies as opposed to paying out for security and having to watch them, it may be a few but it seems not that few after all. It seems impossible to watch someone all the time.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:13 pm

Think I heard a figure of 40,000 being on the watch list now...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:51 pm

This was from June 2020...

"...MI5 is aware of more than 43,000 people who pose a potential terrorist threat to the UK, according to a government report..."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/terrorism-in-the-uk-number-of-suspects-tops-40-000-after-mi5-rechecks-its-list-pqm6k62ph

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Vintage wrote:Wouldn't it be cheaper to not allow people in from certain countries that are suspect in their ideologies as opposed to paying out for security and having to watch them, it may be a few but it seems not that few after all. It seems impossible to watch someone all the time.

That would be really unfair, don't you think?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:41 pm

You simply can’t have a blanket ban on all immigrants “just in case they’re killers”.

Wtf? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:06 pm

Not a ban on all... Just those who's ideology is dangerous.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:59 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Vintage wrote:Wouldn't it be cheaper to not allow people in from certain countries that are suspect in their ideologies as opposed to paying out for security and having to watch them, it may be a few but it seems not that few after all. It seems impossible to watch someone all the time.

That would be really unfair, don't you think?

I think its pretty unfair that innocent people have to die in this country at the hands of people indoctrinated with a sick ideology, whose answer to everything seems to be -- kill someone, anyone and as many as possible.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:39 am

Our govt has a foremost duty to look after the British citizens... Not to oversea the mass immigration of those who wish to harm us.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Very few people migrate into this country with the intention of harming us. I'm sure the authorities could do a better job, but it's not as though they're neglegent. Also, I'm sure most people who enter the country with the intent to harm us don't advertise that fact, so it's not surprising that sometimes athorities are fooled.

That's no reason to ban migration from any country or region. We're a modern fucking country, for God's sake, not North Korea, and the vast majority of immigrants to the UK move here in good faith, with the best of intentions.

I have to say again, it amazes me that people who say they think there's too much immigration to the UK -- but that they aren't racist -- have no problem with me as a white American who speaks English being here. But they aren't racist or xenophobic. Definitely not Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:26 pm

I tend to agree with you Ben. I’m not sure why people would be against immigration because of a few (very few actually) bad people.

There are a lot of good workers who come from other places, a lot of good, good people who just want a chance at a better life. If we deny them that, based on mistrust, then we are just simply stupid and ignorant.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:47 pm

"...MI5 is aware of more than 43,000 people who pose a potential terrorist threat to the UK, according to a government report..."

And that will be a fraction of the real number of dangerous immigrants here.

But that is only one of the many reasons why mass immigration is destroying this country.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Ben you were one person with a good reason. For me I don't care about what colour you may be
its the actual numbers. I want a country that has sufficient resources so that all its people will be cared for medically, educationally, housed in reasonable conditions and have the prospect of work with a decent wage, that isn't going to happen when we have how many illegals muscling their way in up to now this year approx 12,500 plus those who are honest enough to go through the appropriate channels, which you did.  Where are all the houses, jobs etc coming from? Most of the migrants are young men and they aren't all engineers, neuro surgeons or doctors and they seem to have problems adapting. In the 70's a friend of mine taught in a school where only the headmasters children were English and that's only one of many, we are creating areas of only one of many cultures all over our towns and cities, how are we going to meld into a diverse nation when we are being separated into ethnic areas. I can only talk about Cardiff it was known at one time where you could see faces and hear languages from all over the world, everyone lived next to everyone else and as a community spoke with one voice nowadays we have, due to the numbers of people from various places, this community and that community only living in their own areas only interacting with their own and a spokesperson/community leader for each faction, I don't think this is an improvement.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:26 pm

Integration takes time -- generations. I met a man the other day, as English as they come with a broad Nottingham accent -- and a Pakistani name. Obviously people join the culture eventually.

I was telling Eddie the other night, in America you have people with surnames like Wachowski and Sorrento and Abramov who are now just white American people. More recent immigrants to America, like the Vietnamese, are now becoming fully engaged with mainstream society after being more close-off when I was young.

You just have to let human nature do its thing, and you can't try to force people to change.

But it's quite unnatural to try to make people stay where they were born. Human beings have always roamed from one end of the earth to the other.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down