NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly

4 posters

Go down

A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly Empty A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly

Post by Caution Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:07 am

Nature never ceases to amaze. I think my favorite part is the role the bacteria plays. Is it possible it (or one of the wasps) acts as a genetic reservoir for the butterflies during population bottlenecks?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/sep/14/butterflies-finland-parasitic-wasps
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly Empty Re: A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly

Post by eddie Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 pm

Freakishly weird! Shocked

Nice to see you again! How are you?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly Empty Re: A wasp within a wasp - within a butterfly

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 pm

Great to see you again, Caution! I think your avatar sort of underlines how long it's been since you've been active Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:56 pm

I meant to welcome you, too, Caution. But I left the thread briefly, and then couldn't find it again.

Glad to see you. Hope you show up and become a regular.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Caution Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:00 am

Thanks Eddie been well! Freakish for sure, and to top it off there's a bacteria that lives in the host wasp that colludes with the parasitic wasp Neutral Yeah Ben hahah I need to change that pic out with something a little more up to date Cool And thank you OQ, need to lurk less  silent
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down