NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained

+5
gelico
HoratioTarr
Andy
eddie
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained Empty New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Based on a great idea from eddie, we have a new category in the Science umbrella -- it's for those intriguing stories that defy explanation. Check it out here: https://newsfix.niceboard.com/f38-mysteries-and-the-unexplained
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained Empty Re: New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:29 pm

And just because I've run this forum for far too long and know what you miscreants are like, I don't want to see any political election news in that category ... Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained Empty Re: New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained

Post by eddie Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:30 pm

cheers

I love a mystery!

Horatio will be scouring the Internet now.... Suspect
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Ben Reilly and HoratioTarr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:35 pm

Curiously, I have an entire,albeit dormant, forum on this subject.
I built the forum, with kind help from my friend Korben Dallas during one of the ludicrous bans inflicted by Vic.

https://openmike.freeforums.net/
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:05 pm

It's a mystery there's fuck all in this thread
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm

at some point not too long ago, I opened my fridge and discovered my daughters flip flops in there. That one never got explained, well not to my satisfaction anyway

gelico
Forum Detective

HoratioTarr and Tommy Monk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:26 am

Many years ago, when I lived down south, my mum came to stay. One of her jet earrings went missing and we had the house upside down looking for it. We never found it 6 months later, I got a phone call from my mum. The earring turned up in a small tin at the back of her underwear drawer. She didn't put it there. At the time we had extensive poltergeist activity at the house we lived in. And I had a real Poltergeist The Movie moment when I walked into my kitchen to put the kettle on, walked out, walked back in 5 minutes later and every single tea towel in the drawer had been laid end to end on the work top. That's a true story.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Wow HT... that is an amazing story about the tea towels!!!

I lived in a haunted house for a couple of years too... Had a bit of stuff going on... I can post some detail if anyone is interested...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:38 pm

And I've got a little UFO story too, if anyone wants to hear it... It's not a brilliant one though...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And I've got a little UFO story too, if anyone wants to hear it... It's not a brilliant one though...

By all means, do so tommy.  UFO's are a lot more plain-speaking than religion, and a lot more plausible.  Would also like to hear about your paranormal stories...we are naive if we think our perceptual apparatus captures all.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Yes please Tommy, I would like to hear your UFO story - already told mine some time ago.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:23 pm

HT the tea towel episode would have totally chilled my blood, while at the same time being fascinated. As long as it's not an oppressive harmful spirit I guess it could be quite good fun

Tommy, give us your stories,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:08 am

The haunted house was a bungalow in bexleyheath... Which was definitely haunted...saw loads of strange things going on...

Most regularly was seeing a dark figure rushing past the living room door while sitting in there watching TV etc... Everybody who came round also saw it, and were so convinced they'd seen someone rushing past that they all immediately asked who it was in the house!!!

When I told them nobody was there except us, some would not believe me and even got up to go and have a look to see for themselves!!!

My cat used to clearly be watching something moving round the room, sometimes at speed, and he didn't look happy about it either...

The pipes used to make a noise sometimes when there was no heating on or water being used etc...

One day two of us there got an overwhelming smell of flowers in one area of the house with no explanation.

Another day my guitar, which was leaning back against my amp, suddenly just tipped over forward onto the floor in an impossible way.

Another day I was there with a friend and he was sitting on the floor, and an empty rizzla pack flew up from behind him from the floor and hit him on the back of the head!

Was all very strange living there and I was so much happier when I finally moved out.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:18 am

gelico wrote:

HT the tea towel episode would have totally chilled my blood, while at the same time being fascinated.  As long as it's not an oppressive harmful spirit I guess it could be quite good fun

That wasn't the worst of it. The worst was having to listen to the kitchen chairs being dragged around the stone floor in the middle of the night. The first time this happened my husband leapt out of bed and rushed downstairs thinking we had burglars. He was a policeman and we lived in a modern police house right next door to the police station. Every window and door was locked and there was no one there. He came back to bed, and it kicked off again. In the end we would just lay there and listen to it until it stopped. It was a bit unnerving. I was only in my twenties at the time and didn't know then what I know now.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:35 pm

I'll tell you what is a mystery... How come this thread has had so many views...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The haunted house was a bungalow in bexleyheath... Which was definitely haunted...saw loads of strange things going on...

Most regularly was seeing a dark figure rushing past the living room door while sitting in there watching TV etc... Everybody who came round also saw it, and were so convinced they'd seen someone rushing past that they all immediately asked who it was in the house!!!

When I told them nobody was there except us, some would not believe me and even got up to go and have a look to see for themselves!!!

My cat used to clearly be watching something moving round the room, sometimes at speed, and he didn't look happy about it either...

The pipes used to make a noise sometimes when there was no heating on or water being used etc...

One day two of us there got an overwhelming smell of flowers in one area of the house with no explanation.

Another day my guitar, which was leaning back against my amp, suddenly just tipped over forward onto the floor in an impossible way.

Another day I was there with a friend and he was sitting on the floor, and an empty rizzla pack flew up from behind him from the floor and hit him on the back of the head!

Was all very strange living there and I was so much happier when I finally moved out.

I've come across so many people who claim there's a ghost in my house cos of ''all the things that have mysteriously vanished'' lololol. I always feel in that case i must have several ghosts resident in my house because things go missing all the sodding time.

yours sounds much more mysterious and unexplainable though

i get that it must have been unnerving but did you ever actually feel threatened in any way by this presence?,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:

HT the tea towel episode would have totally chilled my blood, while at the same time being fascinated.  As long as it's not an oppressive harmful spirit I guess it could be quite good fun

That wasn't the worst of it.    The worst was having to listen to the kitchen chairs being dragged around the stone floor in the middle of the night.   The first time this happened my husband leapt out of bed and rushed downstairs thinking we had burglars.   He was a policeman and we lived in a modern police house right next door to the police station.   Every window and door was locked and there was no one there.   He came back to bed, and it kicked off again.  In the end we would just lay there and listen to it until it stopped.  It was a bit unnerving.   I was only in my twenties at the time and didn't know then what I know now.    

must have been crap for your husband. his job is to protect the public so he maybe felt doubly protective of his own family. you can knock out a burglar (although anyone dumb enough to burgle a police house right next to the cop shop would probably get knocked out by a confusing question). A ghost is a whole different game.

same question though

did you ever feel threatened? i get it was scary and unnerving but did it feel oppressive and dangerous?

it sounds mischievous and wanting some kind of attention

did you ever try to make contact?

intriguing,,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:11 pm

gelico wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

That wasn't the worst of it.    The worst was having to listen to the kitchen chairs being dragged around the stone floor in the middle of the night.   The first time this happened my husband leapt out of bed and rushed downstairs thinking we had burglars.   He was a policeman and we lived in a modern police house right next door to the police station.   Every window and door was locked and there was no one there.   He came back to bed, and it kicked off again.  In the end we would just lay there and listen to it until it stopped.  It was a bit unnerving.   I was only in my twenties at the time and didn't know then what I know now.    

must have been crap for your husband.  his job is to protect the public so he maybe felt doubly protective of his own family.  you can knock out a burglar (although anyone dumb enough to burgle a police house right next to the cop shop would probably get knocked out by a confusing question).  A ghost is a whole different game.

same question though

did you ever feel threatened?  i get it was scary and unnerving but did it feel oppressive and dangerous?  

it sounds mischievous and wanting some kind of attention

did you ever try to make contact?

intriguing,,,,,

No, it wasn't scary or threatening. It was just a bit odd and disconcerting at times. At the time, I wasn't as clued up about this stuff as I am now. If this happened now, I'd be sorting it out.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Sometimes dimensions that you don't even apprehend, cross paths with your dimension. Then, someone walks into your room...

Or the like.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:19 pm

so, Tommy - what about the UFO?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:29 pm

i remember donkeys years ago, me and hubby had some magic mushrooms and tripped out a bit, it was a glorious summer day and i was out doing gardening. we also smoked a little bit. anyhoos i decided to lie down on the lawn and just appreciate the evening sky as it darkened while hubby went indoors to make tea.

As I lay there gazing up at the stars starting to appear, I suddenly noticed why up in the sky really high a massive UFO. It was completely still and seemed to be just hovering up above - it appeared to be almost directly right above my next door neighbours house.

I completely froze and couldn't take my eyes off it. I was desperate to show hubby but didn't dare move in case it suddenly whooshed off and he would think i just imagined it so i waited for ages till he appeared at the back door with a ''do you want this tea or not?''. i gave a hissing whisper to him to get over here and check out this UFO.

He followed my gaze but declared he couldn't see any UFO. I was baffled and thought he was kidding so told him to lay down next to me and follow where i'm pointing

he did so and then suddenly clocked what i meant and turned to me and said

''ok, you've been lying out here for the last 10 minutes convinced that next door's fucking satellite dish is a UFO way up in the sky,,,,,,,no more mushrooms for you girl''

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:20 pm

gelico wrote:

i remember donkeys years ago, me and hubby had some magic mushrooms and tripped out a bit, it was a glorious summer day and i was out doing gardening.  we also smoked a little bit.  anyhoos i decided to lie down on the lawn and just appreciate the evening sky as it darkened while hubby went indoors to make tea.

As I lay there gazing up at the stars starting to appear, I suddenly noticed why up in the sky really high a massive UFO.  It was completely still and seemed to be just hovering up above - it appeared to be almost directly right above my next door neighbours house.

I completely froze and couldn't take my eyes off it.  I was desperate to show hubby but didn't dare move in case it suddenly whooshed off and he would think i just imagined it so i waited for ages till he appeared at the back door with a ''do you want this tea or not?''.  i gave a hissing whisper to him to get over here and check out this UFO.

He followed my gaze but declared he couldn't see any UFO.  I was baffled and thought he was kidding so told him to lay down next to me and follow where i'm pointing

''ok, you've been lying out here for the last 10 minutes convinced that next door's fucking satellite dish is a UFO way up in the sky,,,,,,,no more mushrooms for you girl''

lol that is priceless   Laughing

I love how you retell stories of your time with your hubby gelico

They always make me smile

He is the kind of person we would all have wanted to have meet

What a legend

x

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk, gelico and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:05 pm

gelico wrote:

Ok, not a real amazing one but interesting none the less...

Was about 25 years ago and I was in Turkey, staying at a quite remote place where there was no light pollution and where you could clearly see the stars in the sky at night (when it wasn't cloudy of course)...

I was laying on a lounger by the pool looking up in awe at the spectacle of the various stars and constellations and after a while I noticed that one 'star' was moving ever so slowly across the sky while all the others stayed in same position with each other... It was moving so slowly in fact that I wasn't even sure that it was really moving at all...

So I kept an eye on it as well as 2 of the adjacent stars, and watched it ever so slowly move from being one side of the 2, to being in between the 2, and then the other side of the 2... So it was definitely moving and wasn't a star, although it was bright like a star...

So I wondered what it might be, and though it may be a satellite...

Then after a couple more minutes watching and wondering... It shot off in a totally different direction in an instant and at tremendous speed... Not slowly accelerating away but at a speed that was reached immediately!!!

So it definitely wasn't a star... And satellites definitely don't move like that either!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Didgee wrote:
gelico wrote:

i remember donkeys years ago, me and hubby had some magic mushrooms and tripped out a bit, it was a glorious summer day and i was out doing gardening.  we also smoked a little bit.  anyhoos i decided to lie down on the lawn and just appreciate the evening sky as it darkened while hubby went indoors to make tea.

As I lay there gazing up at the stars starting to appear, I suddenly noticed why up in the sky really high a massive UFO.  It was completely still and seemed to be just hovering up above - it appeared to be almost directly right above my next door neighbours house.

I completely froze and couldn't take my eyes off it.  I was desperate to show hubby but didn't dare move in case it suddenly whooshed off and he would think i just imagined it so i waited for ages till he appeared at the back door with a ''do you want this tea or not?''.  i gave a hissing whisper to him to get over here and check out this UFO.

He followed my gaze but declared he couldn't see any UFO.  I was baffled and thought he was kidding so told him to lay down next to me and follow where i'm pointing

What a legend

x

Hahahaha it was just a weird perspective of it that I had at the time. As soon as he pointed it out I could see it lolol

From that point on if UFOs were ever mentioned he would give me a bit of a smirk

thank you for your lovely words

gelico
Forum Detective

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

Was about 25 years ago and I was in Turkey, staying at a quite remote place where there was no light pollution and where you could clearly see the stars in the sky at night (when it wasn't cloudy of course)...

I was laying on a lounger by the pool looking up in awe at the spectacle of the various stars and constellations and after a while I noticed that one 'star' was moving ever so slowly across the sky while all the others stayed in same position with each other... It was moving so slowly in fact that I wasn't even sure that it was really moving at all...

So I kept an eye on it as well as 2 of the adjacent stars, and watched it ever so slowly move from being one side of the 2, to being in between the 2, and then the other side of the 2... So it was definitely moving and wasn't a star, although it was bright like a star...

Then after a couple more minutes watching and wondering... It shot off in a totally different direction in an instant and at tremendous speed... Not slowly accelerating away but at a speed that was reached immediately!!!

So it definitely wasn't a star... And satellites definitely don't move like that either!!!

all the way through i was thinking ''oh, the daft git saw a satellite'' ,,,,,,until the end bit

wow though

gelico
Forum Detective

Tommy Monk and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Really good stories, everyone -- quite interesting -- but let's please make threads about stories like these in the new category (link's in the OP).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:13 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:It's a mystery there's fuck all in this thread

Because this is an announcement thread to say there’s a new category....

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/f38-mysteries-and-the-unexplained

You’re all posting in the wrong place Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:

are you honestly surprised though

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:02 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:

are you honestly surprised though

Nah. Most people don’t read things properly. We’ve basically become speed-readers.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Really good stories, everyone -- quite interesting -- but let's please make threads about stories like these in the new category (link's in the OP).

Why not move this thread to the proper category? New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Really good stories, everyone -- quite interesting -- but let's please make threads about stories like these in the new category (link's in the OP).

well then you now have 3 different topic threads that you can start in the section you created and then move the posts to

HT - ''Hauntings''

Tommy ''UFO sightings''

You can just delete mine if you like as they obviously weren't even genuine. or you could put them in a new topic of ''Unexplained stupidity''

or something along those lines.

It will give you something to do

gelico
Forum Detective

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:32 am

gelico wrote:
Didgee wrote:

What a legend

x

Hahahaha it was just a weird perspective of it that I had at the time.  As soon as he pointed it out I could see it lolol  

From that point on if UFOs were ever mentioned he would give me a bit of a smirk

thank you for your lovely words

You are welcome Gelico

I am not kidding when I say you should write a book about your life with your husband

To me it would be a best seller

I think many people would relate to this and would feel the heartfelt feeling I feel when you relay the stories you tell of the cherished time you had together

They are simple beautiful

I even imagine how he would have been on this forum and would simple be able to calm people i heated debates, through taking the mick and making people laugh

A sign of a truly wonderful character

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:04 am

Original Quill wrote:

Why not move this thread to the proper category? New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained 2190311264

THERE IS A PROPER CATEGORY.

THIS WAS A THREAD ANNOUNCING THE CATEGORY. THERE IS A LINK.

LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST Rolling Eyes

Jesus fucking Christ.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ.

I don't say there isn't a 'proper' category. Just move the thread, and stop all the fuss.

Jesus H. Christ...there are people who whine, and then there are people who get things done! Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ.

I don't say there isn't a 'proper' category.  Just move the thread, and stop all the fuss.

Jesus H. Christ...there are people who whine, and then there are people who get things done! Rolling Eyes

ooooooohh!!!  isn't she getting arsey

Capital letters and everything

watch out quill

Razz

Eddie got triggered

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:41 am

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't say there isn't a 'proper' category.  Just move the thread, and stop all the fuss.

ooooooohh!!!  isn't she getting arsey

Capital letters and everything

watch out quill

Razz

Eddie got triggered

Yes. I noticed that, and wondered what lit that fire. New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained 3489511464

I'm glad I was able to sidestep all that ire by pointing out that it's the wrong question. I see that didge did start a thread...good for him. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:59 pm

gelico wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

all the way through i was thinking ''oh, the daft git saw a satellite'' ,,,,,,until the end bit

wow though

lol!

So, it wasn't a star... And it wasn't a satellite... So what was it...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:41 pm

It’s possible that you saw a meteor that reached a point in its burn where a pocket of gas ignited and changed its trajectory. Who knows, though?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:15 am

Nah... Not having that... No way!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

Something similar happened to me. Twice.

First, I'm driving down the M60 at around 8.30 at night mid summer so it's still light, and there's this really bright light in the distance hovering over in the vicinity of Winter Hill. It didn't move and I thought it must be a helicopter. But it was so bright like a small sun, and then as I watched, it just shot off like a bullet and vanished.

Second thing:

I'm lying on a sun lounger in my back garden at 2am on a clear winter night (I'm like that I love star gazing), and out there with my dog. Then these two 'stars' come across the sky quite fast, faster than a satellite but not as fast as a plane, and they are running parallel to each other side by side, in complete formation, then they split off from each other at exactly the same point and shoot off so fast it couldn't have been anything man made. I've seen enough satellites and meteors to know it was neither. It was almost mechanical in the way they moved.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 am

Totally fascinated by both your stories, Tommy and HT

In my own view it would be foolish and extremely arrogant to assume that we are the only life forms in the universe

here on earth we are probably considered the universe rejects by the more superior life forms and they can't resist the urge every now and again to just fly by and take a closer look at the human shenanigans going on and then fly back and laugh their duck off over it

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:27 pm

in fact, on reflection it seems the only plausible explanation

so, God (or whatever) created planet earth and filled it up with nice things and then wanted a more superior life form and then made humans and then thought ''well that turned out to be a pile of shit, never mind, i''ve built them at least with the ability to clone themselves regardless of the lack of brain power so i'll bung them on planet earth and check back some time'

as time went on he created many more far superior life forms and gave them their own planets and decided to keep the humans on planet earth merely as entertainment for the more superior life forms

despite the fact that they can view everything from where they are, the world government decisions, the meetings, the protests, the movements small and large and can't quite believe that these ''inferior slime bags, from the planet Reject'' actually live their miserable lives with a belief that somehow they are in control and have power, they still can't quite believe that what they are viewing is real so it makes sense that they would rather attend the live shows.

every now and again we see them watching and then they quickly fuck off, laughing all the way

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Elongated heads may be a sign of extraterrestrial origin.

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained Elongated-head-14-2

Egyptian nobility apparently had elongated heads, and their head dress was shaped to fit them.  Queen Nefertiti, for example, always wore something like this:

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained Nefertiti-bust-2

Some say that mothers shaped the heads of children to be elongated as a cosmetic expression:

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained Bound-head

But that doesn't explain the lack of a sagittal suture in skeletons that reflect elongated skulls.

New category - Mysteries and the Unexplained 5306540cabd982710f3906d0bceab8a7

It also doesn't explain the expanded capacity or volume of such skulls - some as much as 2.5 as large as the average human skull today.  http://www.raisingmiro.com/2012/02/06/elongated-skulls-of-paracas/

This would suggest that elongated skulls would have been the result of genetics, not cosmetic body modification (as shown above).

Skulls found in Egypt and Peru, and elsewhere, suggest that another species, perhaps alien, once roamed among us.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm reading a book at the moment with some weird stuff in it.  People who have claimed to met people whose faces shift or disappear.  Almost as though they were masks or some kind of hologram.  There was a story about Leslie Crowther

ONE June night in the late 1970s, well-known television comic actor and presenter Leslie Crowther is said to have set out on a 19-mile journey from Chester, where he had been appearing in cabaret, to a friend's cottage in Heswall, and had taken the Chester High Road (A540) route.

There was a full moon out on this night, and Crowther glanced at his watch and saw the time was 10.45pm.

The car had just passed Ashfield Farm, Neston, when the entertainer noticed a lady standing on the grass verge, about 120 yards ahead.

He slowed down and saw that the kerbside female only looked about fifteen  wearing a red beret and a long brown coat.  She told him she was lost and couldn't find the caravan site she was staying at.  So Crowther offered to help her find it.  Her name was Penny Powell.

As Crowther queried her about the location of the caravan site he turned to look at his passenger and saw a man with a grotesque smiling face sitting there with the red beret on his head.

His eyes were tiny with luminous orange pupils, and his mouth was huge and lined with massive triangular teeth.

"You're not scared of a little girl are you?’ the entity asked, and lunged at Crowther, and he drew away just in time to hear the thing's jaw snap shut close to his head.

Crowther slammed on the brakes, and threw himself out the car as the hideous being shrieked with laughter. Crowther ran off, and when he looked back, he couldn't see anyone in the car.

Then a car came by driven by woman who wound down her window and shouted "Are you in need of help?"

Crowther thought the woman would think him barmy if he told her what had just happened, but decided to tell her anyway, but the woman said: "I believe you; some very strange things have happened on this road over the years.

Crowther went back to his car - and found it empty.

A red beret was resting on the seat - the only remnant of the supernatural visitation.

He picked it up and threw it into the road.

"It's gone now - I hope," he told the lady in the saloon car, and she smiled, said "have a safe journey" and drove off.

A few days later Crowther returned to London and received a call from his friend in Heswall.  He'd seen the girl in the red beret.  But he didn't stop his car.  A few minutes later down the road the girl appeared again.

The thing in the red beret has been seen on the Chester High Road in the form of a girl since the early 1950s, and a girl in a red beret was once seen jumping off the bridge where The Runnel crosses a railway line, but just what this entity is remains a mystery.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:15 pm

This thread has been moved to the category that it was attempting to announce ... sigh ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
He slowed down and saw that the kerbside female only looked about fifteen  wearing a red beret and a long brown coat.  She told him she was lost and couldn't find the caravan site she was staying at.  So Crowther offered to help her find it.  Her name was Penny Powell.

As Crowther queried her about the location of the caravan site he turned to look at his passenger and saw a man with a grotesque smiling face sitting there with the red beret on his head.

His eyes were tiny with luminous orange pupils, and his mouth was huge and lined with massive triangular teeth.

"You're not scared of a little girl are you?’ the entity asked, and lunged at Crowther, and he drew away just in time to hear the thing's jaw snap shut close to his head.

Crowther slammed on the brakes, and threw himself out the car as the hideous being shrieked with laughter. Crowther ran off, and when he looked back, he couldn't see anyone in the car.

Then a car came by driven by woman who wound down her window and shouted "Are you in need of help?"

Crowther thought the woman would think him barmy if he told her what had just happened, but decided to tell her anyway, but the woman said: "I believe you; some very strange things have happened on this road over the years.

Crowther went back to his car - and found it empty.

A red beret was resting on the seat - the only remnant of the supernatural visitation.

He picked it up and threw it into the road.

"It's gone now - I hope," he told the lady in the saloon car, and she smiled, said "have a safe journey" and drove off.

Did he do the price is right or some other game show many moons ago? I remember the name

FFS! this is way worse than sodding tea towels

i'm a bit nervous of the spirit world and an experience like that would have left me a gibbering wreck. no way touch the fucking beret. no way get back in the car. i would have torched the damn thing, beret and all.

Shit, just reading it left me with an icy dread feeling

affraid

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:This thread has been moved to the category that it was attempting to announce ... sigh ...

why does putting effort into your own forum cause you to sigh so?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:This thread has been moved to the category that it was attempting to announce ... sigh ...

Give over huffin' and puffin'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:30 pm

gelico wrote:

Did he do the price is right or some other game show many moons ago?  I remember the name

FFS!  this is way worse than sodding tea towels

i'm a bit nervous of the spirit world and an experience like that would have left me a gibbering wreck.  no way touch the fucking beret.  no way get back in the car.  i would have torched the damn thing, beret and all.

affraid

How about this one then...from the same book.

The night shift in a well known supermarket.   One lone woman on the till.  2 security guards.    

This old big fat guy wearing flip flops and with his feet at ten to two comes shuffling along carrying a hold all.  He asks the woman at the till if the pharmacy is open.  She says, no won't be open til 8am.   By this time it's around 3am in the store, and the lighting is nice and dimmed.

The man tells her he just needs a bandage.    She tries to explain again that the pharmacy is closed but he may find something in the medication aisle.  He insists he just needs a bandage for his kid who's hurt himself and a bandage will make it all better.   He's clearly not all with it, so she tries to explain again.

Then the man reaches into the hold all and pulls out a kid's head, severed at the neck.  The kid's eyes are half open and his mouth is gaping.  The woman screams blue murder and runs off to get the security guard.  They call the police, search the building but the guy has gone.

Turns out he's dead and shows himself to certain folks from time to time.  affraid
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:

Did he do the price is right or some other game show many moons ago?  I remember the name

FFS!  this is way worse than sodding tea towels

i'm a bit nervous of the spirit world and an experience like that would have left me a gibbering wreck.  no way touch the fucking beret.  no way get back in the car.  i would have torched the damn thing, beret and all.

affraid

How about this one then...from the same book.

The night shift in a well known supermarket.   One lone woman on the till.  2 security guards.    

This old big fat guy wearing flip flops and with his feet at ten to two comes shuffling along carrying a hold all.  He asks the woman at the till if the pharmacy is open.  She says, no won't be open til 8am.   By this time it's around 3am in the store, and the lighting is nice and dimmed.

The man tells her he just needs a bandage.    She tries to explain again that the pharmacy is closed but he may find something in the medication aisle.  He insists he just needs a bandage for his kid who's hurt himself and a bandage will make it all better.   He's clearly not all with it, so she tries to explain again.

Then the man reaches into the hold all and pulls out a kid's head, severed at the neck.  The kid's eyes are half open and his mouth is gaping.  The woman screams blue murder and runs off to get the security guard.  They call the police, search the building but the guy has gone.

Turns out he's dead and shows himself to certain folks from time to time.  affraid

that's scary as well and yes it would .  but the story of the girl in the beret is still freaking me out.  i can't get that out of my mind

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next