NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says

+3
Ben Reilly
eddie
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Go down

Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says Empty Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 30, 2021 3:03 pm

An award-winning radio presenter died following blood clots after she received the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine, her family has said.

Lisa Shaw, 44, began suffering from "severe" headaches a week after having the jab, which has been linked to clotting, and fell seriously ill a few days later, according to relatives.

The BBC Radio Newcastle presenter and mother-of-one, died at the city's Royal Victoria Infirmary on Friday afternoon having been treated in intensive care for blood clots and bleeding in her head.

https://news.sky.com/story/lisa-shaw-radio-presenter-died-after-suffering-blood-clots-following-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-12318667

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says Empty Re: Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says

Post by eddie Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:09 pm

I guess these reactions will be pretty rare? It still prevents me from wanting to rush out and have the vaccine, among other reasons.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says Empty Re: Lisa Shaw: Radio presenter died 'after suffering blood clots following Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID vaccine' - family says

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Because people have genetic diversity, they'll have a diverse range of reactions to medicines. It's been this way since a hut-dwelling shaman tried to figure out why her willow-bark tea cured everyone's headache except for that one guy.

Same holds true with everything we put in our bodies -- food, drugs, alcohol, smoke, etc. Some people can smoke their entire lives without getting lung cancer, others can die of lung cancer just from living with a smoker.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Of course that’s all true, yet still....I’d rather wait.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:45 pm

eddie wrote:I guess these reactions will be pretty rare? It still prevents me from wanting to rush out and have the vaccine, among other reasons.

I have now had both shots, the second last Friday, with no side effects having the AstraZeneca vaccine

I think the recent Indian variation and its mainly people ending up in hospital who have not been vaccinated. Is a reason for people to get vaccinated Eddie

Its up to you Eddie, if you do not want to, but the more people vaccinate, the less chance it has of spreading

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:49 pm

Didgee wrote:
eddie wrote:I guess these reactions will be pretty rare? It still prevents me from wanting to rush out and have the vaccine, among other reasons.

I have now had both shots, the second last Friday, with no side effects having the AstraZeneca vaccine

I think the recent Indian variation and its mainly people ending up in hospital who have not been vaccinated. Is a reason for people to get vaccinated Eddie

Its up to you Eddie, if you do not want to, but the more people vaccinate, the less chance it has of spreading

I do appreciate that Didge. Not totally against it, but just dubious.
eddie
eddie

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:04 pm

Missed my appointment for my first jab because my stepdaughter was out of school with a cold and I had to look after her -- and certainly wasn't going to drag her with me to my appointment.

I went back on the NHS website today to try to book another appointment and there are apparently none available for my postcode. I found that pretty weird.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Missed my appointment for my first jab because my stepdaughter was out of school with a cold and I had to look after her -- and certainly wasn't going to drag her with me to my appointment.

I went back on the NHS website today to try to book another appointment and there are apparently none available for my postcode. I found that pretty weird.

Damn dude, they are handing them out on street corners here now.

I don't know anyone that hasn't got one unless they didn't want it. I was done in April, and I waited longer than I needed to.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:08 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Missed my appointment for my first jab because my stepdaughter was out of school with a cold and I had to look after her -- and certainly wasn't going to drag her with me to my appointment.

Best time to try and book is in the early hours of the morning Ben. Lots of people are having difficulties trying to book at the moment, as second jabs are taking priority.

I was lucky that both my jabs, even 11 weeks apart were at my chemist which is 50 yards down the road

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:25 pm

That is lucky, I'm going to have to ride a train to get it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Here people can just turn up at designated places, no appointment needed.

Incidentally, the very rare blood clots that have been caused by the AZ vaccination, are 8 times more likely to happen from catching the actual virus.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-blood-clots-side-effects-under-30s/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The BBC Radio Newcastle presenter and mother-of-one, died at the city's Royal Victoria Infirmary on Friday afternoon having been treated in intensive care for blood clots and bleeding in her head.

https://news.sky.com/story/lisa-shaw-radio-presenter-died-after-suffering-blood-clots-following-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-12318667

This appears to be a one-off, and its doubtful that the AZ vaccine even played into the causal chain.

Had Shaw been killed in an automobile accident, its doubtful anyone would say the AZ vaccine was at fault just because she had been vaccinated beforehand. It's the same here...there's no evidence that just because the vaccine was taken, it caused or even contributed to her death.

This fallacy is called post hoc ergo propter hoc. The fallacy is seen in this example: Every time that rooster crows, the sun comes up...ergo: the rooster causes the sun to rise. https://www2.palomar.edu/users/bthompson/Post%20Hoc%20Ergo%20Propter%20Hoc.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The BBC Radio Newcastle presenter and mother-of-one, died at the city's Royal Victoria Infirmary on Friday afternoon having been treated in intensive care for blood clots and bleeding in her head.

This appears to be a one-off, and its doubtful that the AZ vaccine even played into the causal chain.

Had Shaw been killed in an automobile accident, its doubtful anyone would say the AZ vaccine was at fault just because she had been vaccinated beforehand.  It's the same here...there's no evidence that just because the vaccine was taken, it caused or even contributed to her death.

This fallacy is called post hoc ergo propter hoc.  The fallacy is seen in this example: Every time that rooster crows, the sun comes up...ergo: the rooster causes the sun to rise.  https://www2.palomar.edu/users/bthompson/Post%20Hoc%20Ergo%20Propter%20Hoc.html

Is there any medical research linking car wrecks to the astrazeneca vaccine?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down