NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superpowers of the Empath

+3
HoratioTarr
gelico
eddie
7 posters

Go down

Superpowers of the Empath  Empty Superpowers of the Empath

Post by eddie Fri May 28, 2021 11:25 pm

I think some of us will see some traits in ourselves within this list more than other traits, perhaps we will see no traits. If we are honest, we will realise that some are inherent to us without effort, but other traits require more work.
It’s not a competition, we are all on our own journey. What’s important here is to recognise the traits we use everyday and continue to put them to good use and recognise where we can fine tune the traits we find are lacking.

Suoerpowers of the empath

1. You find strength in solitude.

The ability to spend time alone and actually enjoy it is a virtue. Being content in solitude means that you don’t waste time and money on useless distractions and superficial friendships. You don’t need to constantly be around people to feel fulfilled. You find happiness and strength in quiet moments when you can reflect and recharge.

2. You understand the importance of pacing.

Have you ever heard the story of the tortoise and the hare? The hare looses the race because he doesn’t know how to pace himself. This tried and true metaphor perfectly illustrates why the highly sensitive person has an advantage in life. Your sensitivity forces you to slow down, which leads to fewer wrong turns and greater wisdom in the long run.

3. You’re a lover not a fighter.

As a highly sensitive person, you value peace and harmony. You’re not one to stir up drama. You are a calm oasis in a world of war, and conflict. In other words, you are exactly what the world needs more of if we hope to continue on without destroying ourselves.

4. You can spot a fake from a mile away.

It’s pretty hard for a person to hide their true nature from you. Noticing subtleties is your specialty. This means that you pick up on clues in a person’s body language, facial expressions and overall vibe. If someone has hidden motives, you’ll sense it.

5. You understand the body-mind connection.

Because you have a more sensitive central nervous system, you’ve learned to be more in tune with your body and its needs. You know that your emotions, diet, relationships, and environment all impact your physical state. You respect the mind-body connection, and you feel better for it.

6. You don’t waste energy on multitasking.

People are finally starting to realize that multitasking is counterproductive. As a highly sensitive person, you knew this all along. Instead of wasting energy on several tasks, you focus on one thing at a time. This allows you to work with intuition, concentration, and creativity.

7. You have an amazing imagination.

Your imagination has always felt like a refuge from overstimulation. Your love of solitude gives you access to secret worlds of your own creation. It also helps you to be creative and innovative.

8. You are considerate of how others feel.

Being highly sensitive means that you feel the emotions of others as if they were your own. You recognized early on that what hurts another person hurts you. What makes them feel good makes you feel good. With this in mind, you try your best to be considerate of other people’s feelings.

9. You are good at reading between the lines.

People rarely have to spell things out for you. As a highly sensitive person, you naturally understand situations at a deeper level. You know how to ‘read the room’ and see beneath the surface.

Being a highly sensitive person, or empath, might not always be easy, but believe me, it’s not a limitation.
It’s a superpower.

https://introvertspring.com/9-superpowers-highly-sensitive-person/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Superpowers of the Empath  Empty Re: Superpowers of the Empath

Post by gelico Sat May 29, 2021 1:19 am

I'm a bit of a mixture in that list

1. Yes, definitely, I find joy in solitude, especially just over the park on my own with just nature and my own musings

2. No, i do not pace myself properly at all. I'm either charging full steam ahead or going in reverse

3. Absolutely, i love calm and good vibes. not overly keen on drama merchants, even though i can be a massive drama merchant but only very briefly and always for a good cause, lol.

4. meh, not so much. i think i have a natural somewhat unrealistic desire to see people as really good. it might take me a while

5. yes, absolutely - it's something i consider to be important

6. No, i tend to waste time and energy through getting so easily distracted

7. yes, i think so but also i am inspired by other peoples imaginations, their creations, works, designs etc etc

8, i try

9. sometimes, sometimes not

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 29, 2021 9:30 pm

Number six definitely alludes me. I multi task whilst multi-tasking. I start many things all at once and that’s why I’m often running late. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 30, 2021 12:59 am

1. You find strength in solitude. Yes

2. You understand the importance of pacing. Depends on what I'm doing.

3. You’re a lover not a fighter. I prefer a peaceful life but if someone starts on me....

4. You can spot a fake from a mile away. Usually.

5. You understand the body-mind connection. Yes

6. You don’t waste energy on multitasking. I prefer to be focused.

7. You have an amazing imagination. That's a hefty yes.

8. You are considerate of how others feel. Yes, mostly. Unless I don't like them.

9. You are good at reading between the lines. Yes.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 30, 2021 1:22 am

Having a vivid imagination can be a burden as much as a blessing.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 30, 2021 1:26 am

I think you are an empath, like me. However, I do find that sometimes, you come across as harsh. This is not a criticism, and I don’t personally feel that you’re like that, it’s just how you come across sometimes...just a little warmth from you would be nice.

Having said all that, I have a huge respect for your spirituality as I hope you do mine.
eddie
eddie

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 30, 2021 1:29 am

I fit the empath personality to a T, and I actually have been clinically diagnosed as a highly sensitive person.

I'm only now beginning to figure out how to use this "super power" to benefit myself. At times, it's been a real burden. But at the end of the day, I can't change it, so all I can do is try to make the most of it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 30, 2021 1:33 am

If one feels they are an empath it’s their duty to use those powers wisely. I think most intelligent people are empaths.

It’s basically getting your head out of your arse and listening to what people DON’T say.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 30, 2021 1:37 am

eddie wrote:I think you are an empath, like me. However, I do find that sometimes, you come across as harsh. This is not a criticism, and I don’t personally feel that you’re like that, it’s just how you come across sometimes...just a little warmth from you would be nice.

Having said all that, I have a huge respect for your spirituality as I hope you do mine.

I do respect your spirituality, and your intuition is often spot on too.
I didn't know i came across as harsh.
In real life people say i am warm....if that doesn't manifest on forums maybe it's because I am too blunt sometimes.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 30, 2021 1:54 am

A lot of people confuse blunt with harsh, normally when you've said something that makes them uncomfortable and you haven't flowered it up.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 30, 2021 2:19 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I think you are an empath, like me. However, I do find that sometimes, you come across as harsh. This is not a criticism, and I don’t personally feel that you’re like that, it’s just how you come across sometimes...just a little warmth from you would be nice.

In real life people say i am warm....if that doesn't manifest  on forums maybe it's because I am too blunt sometimes.

Sorry! I was talking to Horatio. I find you very warm, actually.

My bad. I should have quoted her so that it was clearer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 30, 2021 3:29 am

You should see the super powers of us psychopaths..

We make bodies dissappear. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun May 30, 2021 4:06 am

https://www.puckermob.com/lifestyle/12-ways-hyper-observant-people-interact-with-the-world-differently/

I was trying to figure out what term would describe me, because I'm not an empath at all.

While all of these don't apply to me, many do.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 30, 2021 11:51 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

In real life people say i am warm....if that doesn't manifest  on forums maybe it's because I am too blunt sometimes.

Phew...thank God it's Horatio and not me who is harsh and cold. Razz

I know what you mean...she can be a real bitch sometimes. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 30, 2021 12:01 pm

eddie wrote:I think some of us will see some traits in ourselves within this list more than other traits, perhaps we will see no traits. If we are honest, we will realise that some are inherent to us without effort, but other traits require more work.
It’s not a competition, we are all on our own journey. What’s important here is to recognise the traits we use everyday and continue to put them to good use and recognise where we can fine tune the traits we find are lacking.

Suoerpowers of the empath

1. You find strength in solitude.

I do.

The ability to spend time alone and actually enjoy it is a virtue. Being content in solitude means that you don’t waste time and money on useless distractions and superficial friendships. You don’t need to constantly be around people to feel fulfilled. You find happiness and strength in quiet moments when you can reflect and recharge.

2. You understand the importance of pacing.

No...too impulsive to pace correctly.

Have you ever heard the story of the tortoise and the hare? The hare looses the race because he doesn’t know how to pace himself. This tried and true metaphor perfectly illustrates why the highly sensitive person has an advantage in life. Your sensitivity forces you to slow down, which leads to fewer wrong turns and greater wisdom in the long run.

3. You’re a lover not a fighter.

Usually....

As a highly sensitive person, you value peace and harmony. You’re not one to stir up drama. You are a calm oasis in a world of war, and conflict. In other words, you are exactly what the world needs more of if we hope to continue on without destroying ourselves.

4. You can spot a fake from a mile away.

Usually.

It’s pretty hard for a person to hide their true nature from you. Noticing subtleties is your specialty. This means that you pick up on clues in a person’s body language, facial expressions and overall vibe. If someone has hidden motives, you’ll sense it.

5. You understand the body-mind connection.

Room for improvement.

Because you have a more sensitive central nervous system, you’ve learned to be more in tune with your body and its needs. You know that your emotions, diet, relationships, and environment all impact your physical state. You respect the mind-body connection, and you feel better for it.

6. You don’t waste energy on multitasking.

Big fail.

People are finally starting to realize that multitasking is counterproductive. As a highly sensitive person, you knew this all along. Instead of wasting energy on several tasks, you focus on one thing at a time. This allows you to work with intuition, concentration, and creativity.

7. You have an amazing imagination.

Sometimes more of a burden than a blessing.

Your imagination has always felt like a refuge from overstimulation. Your love of solitude gives you access to secret worlds of your own creation. It also helps you to be creative and innovative.

8. You are considerate of how others feel.

Yes.

Being highly sensitive means that you feel the emotions of others as if they were your own. You recognized early on that what hurts another person hurts you. What makes them feel good makes you feel good. With this in mind, you try your best to be considerate of other people’s feelings.

9. You are good at reading between the lines.

Yes.

People rarely have to spell things out for you. As a highly sensitive person, you naturally understand situations at a deeper level. You know how to ‘read the room’ and see beneath the surface.

Being a highly sensitive person, or empath, might not always be easy, but believe me, it’s not a limitation.
It’s a superpower.

https://introvertspring.com/9-superpowers-highly-sensitive-person/

Room for improvement...but life is a learning curve.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 30, 2021 12:07 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:A lot of people confuse blunt with harsh, normally when you've said something that makes them uncomfortable and you haven't flowered it up.

That's so true.

There is a fine line between being blunt and harsh, I think if you are sensitive to other peoples feelings it's possible to be blunt without hurting feelings....tactfully blunt if you like. Laughing
I appreciate in real life it's a lot easier to do because one has the advantage of seeing reactions rather than just reading them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun May 30, 2021 3:46 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I fit the empath personality to a T, and I actually have been clinically diagnosed as a highly sensitive person.

I'm only now beginning to figure out how to use this "super power" to benefit myself. At times, it's been a real burden. But at the end of the day, I can't change it, so all I can do is try to make the most of it.

I both laugh and cry very easily and am affected by the moods of other people around me

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 30, 2021 10:08 pm

Yes and I don't give two fucks! Superpowers of the Empath  1716015268
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 31, 2021 3:21 am

What's this load of bollocks about...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon May 31, 2021 5:50 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Phew...thank God it's Horatio and not me who is harsh and cold. Razz

I know what you mean...she can be a real bitch sometimes. lol!

lol, very real though

i like someone who ''can be a real bitch sometimes''

feels like home

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

What's this load of bollocks about...?

Being able to suss out miserable old farts.

You're welcome. That'll be thirty quid.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 am

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes and I don't give two fucks!  Superpowers of the Empath  1716015268

And I like that about you too cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down