NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man flu!

+3
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
eddie
7 posters

Go down

Man flu!  Empty Man flu!

Post by eddie Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 pm

So Ben has man flu. It’s pretty annoying, not just because of the coughing and spluttering and sneezing and wheezing.

I am actually having to pour my own whiskey drinks! It’s fucking tiring. No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man flu!  Empty Re: Man flu!

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 pm

It's actually scientifcally proven that flu hits men harder than women ... but this is actually just a cold.

And before anybody says anything, I've done a lateral flow test and come up negative!

Eddie's legs are killing her now, poor thing Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:59 pm

eddie wrote:So Ben has man flu. It’s pretty annoying, not just because of the coughing and spluttering and sneezing and wheezing.

I am actually having to pour my own whiskey drinks!  It’s fucking tiring. No

One of my male friends on Facebook declared that a kick in the nuts was more painful than childbirth.   "Really?" I said.  "So tell me, how long the pain lasted....12 hours....two days?   And did your perineum tear and did your stitches make it impossible to sit down for months, and did it feel as though you were passing a medicine ball through your jap's eye?   No?  Then fuck off.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 01, 2021 12:08 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:So Ben has man flu. It’s pretty annoying, not just because of the coughing and spluttering and sneezing and wheezing.

I am actually having to pour my own whiskey drinks!  It’s fucking tiring. No

One of my male friends on Facebook declared that a kick in the nuts was more painful than childbirth.   "Really?" I said.  "So tell me, how long the pain lasted....12 hours....two days?   And did your perineum tear and did your stitches make it impossible to sit down for months, and did it feel as though you were passing a medicine ball through your jap's eye?   No?  Then fuck off.

Sing it sista! Fucking men. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

HoratioTarr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Whatever. I'm going to slag you all off in the secret men's-only section here Twisted Evil
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon May 03, 2021 10:19 pm

Wasn't there an experiment where two men were wired up to simulate child birth pains, don't think one lasted more than two 'contractions' the other did hold on a bit longer but the howls and groans were awful.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 am

Vintage wrote:Wasn't there an experiment where two men were wired up to simulate child birth pains, don't think one lasted more than two 'contractions' the other did hold on a bit longer but the howls and groans were awful.

Yep. Bearing in mind most labour goes on for hours, sometimes a day, can you imagine the furore?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 04, 2021 12:12 pm

[quote="HoratioTarr"]
Vintage wrote:Wasn't there an experiment where two men were wired up to simulate child birth pains, don't think one lasted more than two 'contractions' the other did hold on a bit longer but the howls and groans were awful.

Yep.   Bearing in mind most labour goes on for hours, sometimes a day, can you imagine the furore?[/quote

Don't they say if men bore the children no child would ever have a sibling? Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yep.   Bearing in mind most labour goes on for hours, sometimes a day, can you imagine the furore?[/quote

Don't they say if men bore the children no child would ever have a sibling? Laughing

This reminds me of a story: My friend, while assigned to work in Moscow, met and married a Russian woman.  This was in the 90’s, just after the Soviet breakup.  It turns out, when they returned to SF she was pregnant.  Whether it was her personally, or her loyalty to her Slavic culture, he tells me she went through the entire childbirth ordeal with nary a peep...a few grimaces, but not a sound.

How's that for eastern European stoicism?  I think she was trying to show us how weak we non-slavic, counter-revolutionary gits, really are.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

This reminds me of a story: My friend, while assigned to work in Moscow, met and married a Russian woman.  This was in the 90’s, just after the Soviet breakup.  It turns out, when they returned to SF she was pregnant.  Whether it was her personally, or her loyalty to her Slavic culture, he tells me she went through the entire childbirth ordeal with nary a peep...a few grimaces, but not a sound.

How's that for eastern European stoicism?  I think she was trying to show us how weak we non-slavic, counter-revolutionary slobs, really are.

I remember reading once that Russian women working in the fields would often find a quiet spot and give birth without fuss, then go back to working the fields. Shocked

All I can say is I am glad I am not Russian.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Hypnobirthing is something that all expectant mothers should look in to. It’s self-hypnosis and it works. I did it with my daughter.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Not being funny, but that's not a very good experiment. The men participating knew they could make it stop at any time.

Women, knowing they have to see the birth through, adapt a different mentality from someone who knows he could just call a timeout at any point.

Let's not forget about the men who've sawed off their own limbs to free themselves. I imagine that hurt a bit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 1:21 am

eddie wrote:Hypnobirthing is something that all expectant mothers should look in to. It’s self-hypnosis and it works. I did it with my daughter.

I never heard of that when i had my son, I did give birth without any medication though.
I would have been glad of gas and air....but it wasn't offered. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat May 08, 2021 9:01 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Hypnobirthing is something that all expectant mothers should look in to. It’s self-hypnosis and it works. I did it with my daughter.

I never heard of that when i had my son, I did give birth without any medication though.

Did you deliver your son in the jungles of Borneo?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Syl wrote:

I didn’t have it with my son either, he took 39 hours to arrive Rolling Eyes finally arriving on my birthday.
I tried gas and air and it made me feel sick.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 11:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Did you deliver your son in the jungles of Borneo?

Worse, the dr's were on strike the day i delivered my son.....they may have taken all the gas and air with them.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 11:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I didn’t have it with my son either, he took 39 hours to arrive Rolling Eyes finally arriving on my birthday.

Oh my.....that's a long time. pale

I was 2 weeks over, induced, and it was very fast and furious.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 09, 2021 12:24 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hypnobirthing instils the mantra “A baby will come when it’s ready” they are totally against inductions and intervention. It’s all about letting the baby do all the work, it will ease itself down the birth canal and all you do is breathe, (not pant!), it down.

It really made a lot of sense. If you are ever inclined, you should watch some videos of mothers hypnobirthing. They walk about, eat, dance....it’s truly natural.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 09, 2021 12:29 am

Let's not forget that the vast majority of people who've ever been born were born from a woman who wasn't medicated and was probably standing up when she gave birth. It does seem that medical science has over-complicated what should be a pretty simple, straightforward thing.

Then again, childbirth is dangerous, so I do agree with having doctors nearby in case anything goes wrong.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 09, 2021 12:30 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hypnobirthing instils the mantra “A baby will come when it’s ready” they are totally against inductions and intervention. It’s all about letting the baby do all the work, it will ease itself down the birth canal and all you do is breathe, (not pant!), it down.

It really made a lot of sense. If you are ever inclined, you should watch some videos of mothers hypnobirthing. They walk about, eat, dance....it’s truly natural.

Anything that makes giving birth easier is good.
I know one thing, no matter how long ago it was, unless the mother is drugged up to the eyeballs, those memories never fade.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum