NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots'

+9
veya_victaous
gerber
eddie
scrat
SEXY MAMA
nicko
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots' - Page 2 Empty Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots'

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

A neighbour of South African athlete Oscar Pistorius has told a court in Pretoria that she was awoken by a woman's "terrible screams" in the early hours of 14 February 2013.

Mr Pistorius has pleaded not guilty at the start of his trial for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

He shot dead the 29-year-old model and reality TV star at his home, saying he mistook her for an intruder.

The neighbour, Michelle Burger, said cries for help were followed by shots.

"She screamed terribly and she yelled for help. Then I also heard a man screaming for help. Three times he yelled for help," Ms Burger told the high court in the capital.

She said she called security and then heard four gunshots.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26418086
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots' - Page 2 Empty Re: Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots'

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

The first thing i would do is check the bed for my partner and if they are not there then i would assume they are in the bathroom.

if THEY were not there???

saucy minx

didnt think you Muslims like to get freaky naughty,  thought you were all like - "i hate you bitch get your bhurka on"

and you're like  - "oh yes my lord husband please beat me for being a woman"

consider me told

Just when i thought you were acting like a grown up for once............

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots' - Page 2 Empty Re: Pistorius neighbor 'heard screams, gunshots'

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

if THEY were not there???

saucy minx

didnt think you Muslims like to get freaky naughty,  thought you were all like - "i hate you bitch get your bhurka on"

and you're like  - "oh yes my lord husband please beat me for being a woman"

consider me told

Why the surprise??

You constantly tell me what a piece of shit I am, so when I act like what you already think I am why are you surprised??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:11 am

The two main reasons for murder are money and rejection of love. Go figure.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:54 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

only he will ever know

but S.A is ultra violent and people with guns tend to shoot first and ask questions later when they think their home is being invaded

bearing in mind that a home invasion a couple of years ago resulted in the rape and murder of a mother and wife, the murder of the father and husband and the young son being drown in boiling hot water.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2179171/Walkerville-family-murders-Horrific-death-boy-12-drowned-boiling-water-robbers-raped-mother.html

would you take the risk or shoot first and ask questions later???

The first thing i would do is check the bed for my partner and if they are not there then i would assume they are in the bathroom.

That's what I think SM.

I find it odd that someone would think an intruder had broken in, then locked themselves in the bathroom.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:55 am

i'm watching live on BBC ,

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 am

Maine coon lover wrote:i'm watching live on BBC ,

Morning Vod,

Does he 'act' guilty or do you get a sense he's guilty?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:14 am

The problem here is he lives in South Africa - he has a gun next to his bed.

The "first thing" some of you would do is check the bed - yes, you may do that because you live in the village of Midsommer.

If you're a rich guy in South Africa you may grab your gun and start blasting away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 am

eddie wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:i'm watching live on BBC ,

Morning Vod,

Does he 'act' guilty or do you get a sense he's guilty?

morning edds,

I don't know what to think of it to be honest , if he thought there was an intruder then why didn't make sure his girlfriend was safe before confronting the intruder .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 am

BigAndy9 wrote:The problem here is he lives in South Africa - he has a gun next to his bed.

The "first thing" some of you would do is check the bed - yes, you may do that because you live in the village of Midsommer.

If you're a rich guy in South Africa you may grab your gun and start blasting away.

Morning Andy,

Is it reasonable to presume or assume(?) that an intruder would lock themselves in the bathroom?
Who breaks into a house and goes into the bathroom to take a crap?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:20 am

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:The problem here is he lives in South Africa - he has a gun next to his bed.

Morning Andy,

Is it reasonable to presume or assume(?) that an intruder would lock themselves in the bathroom?

What, you've never?

Never mind.

I don't know the layout of his house or bedroom.  Is that what happened - the door was locked?

I'm open to everything - as I've said, i'll wait for the outcome.

I was just pointing out the differences - look at all the premier league players in Cheshire and Liverpool who are being broken in to.

If I had a gun, I'd use it.

Because I'm a right wing psychopath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 am

I never tend to make judgment on murder trials , because a lot comes out that change things so quickly so i am going to watch listen and wait for the outcome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 am

Maine coon lover wrote:I never tend to make judgment on murder trials , because a lot comes out that change things so quickly so i am going to watch listen and wait for the outcome

Good call coon.

Over in the UK all we can do is pay for more locks and more alarms.

If we had the choice of a gun next to our beds some would reach for their guns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:38 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:I never tend to make judgment on murder trials , because a lot comes out that change things so quickly so i am going to watch listen and wait for the outcome

Good call coon.

Over in the UK all we can do is pay for more locks and more alarms.

If we had the choice of a gun next to our beds some would reach for their guns.

I would say yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:57 am

I would say that whether he was wearing his prosthetics or not is pretty significant. I gather that the prosecution have conceded that he probably was not. Does that suggest that was indeed in bed before the shooting, or did he habitually not wear them at home anyway?

Miss Steenkamp was apparently not wearing nightwear, so that would suggest that she was not in bed before the shooting. It's also a bit strange that she would take her phone to the bathroom with her.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:15 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Why the surprise??

You constantly tell me what a piece of shit I am, so when I act like what you already think I am why are you surprised??

Please show me where I have called you a piece of shit constantly???????

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:17 pm

eddie wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

That's what I think SM.

I find it odd that someone would think an intruder had broken in, then locked themselves in the bathroom.

Yeah it just doesn't seem right.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:33 pm

whatever the outcome it is still gripping viewing / listening. The prosecution IMO seems to be all of a stutter.

Adjourned again today.......

At this rate it will be Christmas before all 107 witnesses for the State have appeared.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 pm

eddie wrote:

Morning Andy,

there are many things that you can assume

but be aware that your assumptions are based on the life you have lived and live, which are entirely correct for the life you live, however your assumptions of what is "normal" doesn't necessarily translate to what is "normal" in S.A

for instance perhaps HIS assumption was not that the attacker had locked himself in the toilet to crap, but rather that the toilet was the entry point used by the invader (that would depend on the window size in the toilet/bathroom)

im not saying he is guilty or innocent either way, that is not for me to decide, im simply saying that S.A is not the UK and that its easy fro us to sit around a table top exercise and discuss what each of us would do in the scenario, when the reality is that each of us would probably react very differently if we were in a situation where we thought there were invaders in our house

who knows what was racing through his mind if he genuinely thought there were home invaders in his house?? who here can understand the panic and fear he may have experienced and how it affected his judgment??

he is not a soldier trained to push aside his fear and carry on like normal, he is just a normal man, in fact not normal he is handicapped and therefore less "able" to stand and fight (so to speak)

if he IS guilty then send him down , if he made an honest mistake then you're all doing a great job of crucifying him anyway, even though he will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life (if he is innocent)

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:07 am

umm his house is in a secure gated community with security, he was not even supposed to have a gun in the house. Not all of south Africa is that bad  Rolling Eyes  these gated communities have armed guards what you're saying is nonsense. He had no good reason to wake up and blast... it is idiots that think that, that shoot their children and wives when they go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:

umm his house is in a secure gated community with security, he was not even supposed to have a gun in the house.  Not all of south Africa is that bad  Rolling Eyes  these gated communities have armed guards what you're saying is nonsense. He had no good reason to wake up and blast... it is idiots that think that, that shoot their children and wives when they go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

And of course you know about gated communities and how reliable and trustworthy the guards are, because you're currently living in a gated community in S.A as we speak and have done so all your life

Amazing. You probably couldn't point SA out on a map before this but now you're an expert on life in South Africa

Your stupidity makes me laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

umm his house is in a secure gated community with security, he was not even supposed to have a gun in the house.  Not all of south Africa is that bad  Rolling Eyes  these gated communities have armed guards what you're saying is nonsense. He had no good reason to wake up and blast... it is idiots that think that, that shoot their children and wives when they go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

And of course you know about gated communities and how reliable and trustworthy the guards are, because you're currently living in a gated community in S.A as we speak and have done so all your life

Amazing. You probably couldn't point SA out on a map before this but now you're an expert on life in South Africa

Dear me the stupidity of an inept idiot who has not lived there for years makes him an expert, even though we have crime in this country does not mean any would be experts on criminal situations just by being a resident of that nation.

Yes your stupidity makes me laugh how you berate others for offering an opinion to a crime, so lets give the information to posters to make up their minds from studies on the matter, not some unhinged loon

http://www.csir.co.za/Built_environment/Planning_support_systems/gatedcomsa/docs/case_studies.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:34 am

If he thought there was a burglar in the bathroom, he would say something from outside the door, and then Reeva would have replied. One wouldn't just shoot straightaway surely.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:If he thought there was a burglar in the bathroom, he would say something from outside the door, and then Reeva would have replied. One wouldn't just shoot straightaway surely.

Agreed, there are many actions he did not take, and why in the first place if he had not had the gun she would not be dead, as what do most people do in a situation when they hear noises, surely when living with someone and that person is not next to you, why would you shoot first, not knowing the location of your girlfriend, that does not make sense, being as this would be one of the first thoughts on your mind.

To smelly

This is why people speculate as you did over the TM case did you not, before the trial was concluded, people do this to debate and yes all are innocent until proven guilty but as seen to many his actions simply do not add up, even if he is living in South Africa, as can you show me countless other examples of similar situations?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:30 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Dear me the stupidity of an inept idiot who has not lived there for years makes him an expert, even though we have crime in this country does not mean any would be experts on criminal situations just by being a resident of that nation.

Yes your stupidity makes me laugh how you berate others for offering an opinion to a crime, so lets give the information to posters to make up their minds from studies on the matter, not some unhinged loon

http://www.csir.co.za/Built_environment/Planning_support_systems/gatedcomsa/docs/case_studies.pdf

oh look another expert on S.A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:58 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Never claimed to be, but you berating others claiming you are, is also a joke, people want to have a view on this just as you did with the TM case in America, but that is okay when you do, making you look a right wally. 

I posted that so people can view for themselves such places to gain a better perspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Never claimed to be, but you berating others claiming you are, is also a joke, people want to have a view on this just as you did with the TM case in America, but that is okay when you do, making you look a right wally. 

I posted that so people can view for themselves such places to gain a better perspective

im berating others for saying how things are in S.A even though they have never been there apart from holiday,chances are they dontg even know the correct pronunciation of the victims names

and then applying their "opinions" to make their decision on guilt or innocence - "mmmmmmmmmm is its logic to do this or that", "he lived in a secured gated community so why was he even armed"

utter stupidity born from ignorance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

im berating others for saying how things are in S.A even though they have never been there apart from holiday,chances are they dontg even know the correct pronunciation of the victims names

and then applying their "opinions" to make their decision on guilt or innocence - "mmmmmmmmmm is its logic to do this or that", "he lived in a secured gated community so why was he even armed"

utter stupidity born from ignorance    

So what, you are not the be all and know all, more so with your prejudice views to judge an you have judged again what you see as right countless times on criminal acts.
It really does not matter what nation a person is from to try and understand when things do not add up, because he is male and human after all, so what is the big deal?
Is it just because it happened in South Africa, or that he is South African?
To others, I doubt they even look at that as a relevance, as to them they see a man that has killed his partner and are making their own assumptions whether it is murder

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:34 am

eddie wrote:

Exactly. Nothing this guy says makes sense. You grab a gun out from under her side of the bed, and don't even notice she's missing?? You let loose a few shots at a door without knowing what or who you are shooting at??

This is the same hothead who shot up a restaurant a few days before. Sounds like a Mississippi cracker at a drunken Klan rally.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:46 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Exactly.  Nothing this guy says makes sense.  You grab a gun out from under her side of the bed, and don't even notice she's missing??  You let loose a few shots at a door without knowing what or who you are shooting at??  

This is the same hothead who shot up a restaurant a few days before.  Sounds like a Mississippi cracker at a drunken Klan rally.

Couldn't have been premeditated murder then because as you've just stated

"You let loose a few shots at a door without knowing what or who you are shooting at??"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:13 am

Jokes and humorous banter aside - I think that he is guilty of murder and until the details of Reena's i-phone texts and conversation come forth he will get off. He is a cold, emotionless man with part delusions of grandeur and a desire to win at all costs. Being rejected for another man would anger him more than losing a running race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:55 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Exactly.  Nothing this guy says makes sense.  You grab a gun out from under her side of the bed, and don't even notice she's missing??  You let loose a few shots at a door without knowing what or who you are shooting at??  

This is the same hothead who shot up a restaurant a few days before.  Sounds like a Mississippi cracker at a drunken Klan rally.

"You let loose a few shots at a door without knowing what or who you are shooting at??"

Dear me, the point Quill was making is that it does not make sense to wake up living with someone with them not being the first thing on their mind where they are and shooting bullets through a door where noise is heard not knowing if your partner is there.

Have you ever lived with someone and woken up to noises and find them not next to you?

If yes what did you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:10 am

Croissant wrote:Jokes and humorous banter aside - I think that he is guilty of murder and until the details of Reena's i-phone texts and conversation come forth he will get off.  He is a cold, emotionless man with part delusions of grandeur and a desire to win at all costs.  Being rejected for another man would anger him more than losing a running race.

I dint know enough about him tbh, but it's the locked bathroom door that's the oddity to me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:46 am

She was on the phone to lover boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:48 am

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Dear me, the point Quill was making is that it does not make sense to wake up living with someone with them not being the first thing on their mind where they are and shooting bullets through a door where noise is heard not knowing if your partner is there.

Have you ever lived with someone and woken up to noises and find them not next to you?

If yes what did you do?

Maybe Pistorius was frightened for his life.

Maybe the first thing he thought of wasn't his girlfriend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:05 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

If yes what did you do?

Yes that makes utterly no sense being as he lived with her, pointing to my point again if you have lived with someone which I know you do, so have you ever woken up with your wife not next to you and heard noises, knowing she was there with you when you went to sleep ?

Did you panic and call the Police?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:06 am

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Yes that makes utterly no sense being as he lived with her, pointing to my point again if you have lived with someone which I know you do, so have you ever woken up with your wife not next to you and heard noises, knowing she was there with you when you went to sleep ?

I don't think he did live with her actually.

I agree that one would not act in such a hasty manner though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Fair enough, but even then, you would be used to someone staying over would you not which is the point of going to sleep with someone. I fail to see how he suddenly had amnesia waking up not remembering she was there

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:16 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Fair enough, but even then, you would be used to someone staying over would you not which is the point of going to sleep with someone. I fail to see how he suddenly had amnesia waking up not remembering she was there

I don't think he claims that he forgot she was there, I think he said that he thought she was in bed.

I know that people do react differently in certain situations, but his story sounds absurd to me. If he's telling the truth - well, I don't think he should get away with it because it was just such a reckless thing to do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 am

It's a another bloke, making love with a man with no legs didn't do it for her, sorry to sound brutal but its the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:30 am

Croissant wrote:It's a another bloke, making love with a man with no legs didn't do it for her, sorry to sound brutal but its the truth.

Sometimes you really let yourself down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:30 am

When I first read about this story, there were reports that he shot her by accident because he thought she was a burglar. I assumed that she had gone to the house and let herself in - perhaps as a Valentine's surprise or something, and that he had not been expecting her to be there. That would make some sense, and I thought how tragic it all was, especially considering the message she put on Twitter.

This scenerio just defies common sense. I've read that he got out of bed to retrieve a fan or something, and he heard noises in the bathroom, so he grabbed the gun. The first thing I would do is put a light on, and then it would have been obvious that Reeva was not in bed. One wouldn't just go to the bathroom in the dark and start shooting through the door, one would creep there with the gun and ask who was in there, in which case she would have replied.

Why would she have her phone in there with her? Was she dressed in nightwear?

It sounds like she had actually been to the loo because her bladder was empty apparently. Would she not have flushed the toilet?

Did he know the door was locked before he started shooting? Did he try the door?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am

Sassy wrote:
Croissant wrote:It's a another bloke, making love with a man with no legs didn't do it for her, sorry to sound brutal but its the truth.

Why?

Because you don't like what you hear, wait and see....it's another bloke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 am

Croissant wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Why?

Because you don't like what you hear, wait and see....it's another bloke.

You know that Simon Weston who was badly burnt in the Falklands? Do you think his wife would have an affair because of his disfigurement?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:45 am

How about the copper that Raol Moat shot, she left the poor bastard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:48 am

Reeva wasn't his wife, and they had only been together for a few months.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Reeva wasn't his wife, and they had only been together for a few months.  

Even more reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:57 am

Croissant wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Reeva wasn't his wife, and they had only been together for a few months.  

Even more reason.

I'm not saying she had another bloke or anything, I'm just saying it's a different situation to Simon Weston.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 am

Okay  I love you 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:06 am

Croissant wrote:How about the copper that Raol Moat shot, she left the poor bastard.

Yep, after he had affairs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 am

AKA she got together with him when he'd already lost his legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next