NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power'

3 posters

Go down

Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power' Empty Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power'

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Whether the topic is basketball, politics or race relations, you can always count on Charles Barkley to speak his mind.

This time, the former NBA star and current TNT commentator accused politicians on both sides of the aisle of trying to "keep their grasp on money and power" by fanning the flames of division.

"I think most White people and Black people are great people. I really believe that in my heart," Barkley said while covering the NCAA Final Four men's basketball tournament on Saturday.

Barkley claimed the "system is set up where our politicians, whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, are designed to make us not like each other so they can keep their grasp of money and power," adding that they "divide and conquer."

He said voters are "stupid" to follow any politicians who spend their careers exploiting differences.

"‘Hey, let’s make these people not like each other,'" he mocked. "‘We don’t live in their neighborhoods, we all got money, let’s make the Whites and Blacks not like each other, let’s make rich people and poor people not like each other, let’s scramble the middle class.' I truly believe that in my heart."

The Hall of Famer, who has long been known for his outspokenness, last summer addressed the nationwide anti-racism protests following the May 25 death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody. Barkley accused professional athletes of turning the conversation about racism into a "circus."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-says-politicians-exploit-racial-other-differences-to-keep-their-grasp-on-money-and-power?fbclid=IwAR1eBxfwiPQ5XYELQdIXhL7k1y2ZLszfLxz24Y_yHC5zGKqSRUAlacwG3_k

Charles has always been a man to speak sense, often to those that don't want to hear it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power' Empty Re: Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power'

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Charles Barkley is a political opportunist.  See, for perspective:  https://www.wsfa.com/story/5200577/charles-barkley-switches-political-uniforms/

Barkley is quoted on Chris Baldwin's blog on www.travelgolf.com as saying, "I was a Republican until they lost their minds." Here is the article:

Rolling Stone wrote:Charles Barkley: “I Was a Republican Until They Lost Their Minds”

By TIM DICKINSON

The Round Mound of Rebound, who only a few years ago was rumored to be a top Republican contender for governor of Alabama, has defected.

Barkley made is Democratic proclivities known after John "Don't Call Me Cougar" Mellencamp offended former veep Dan "I Spell it'Potatoe'" Quayle by dedicating a recent performance to: "all the poor people who've been ignored by the current administration."

"He's right," Sir Charles said in an recent interview. "The word conservative means discriminatory practically. It's a form of political discrimination. What do the Republicans run on? Against gay marriage and for a war that makes no sense. A war that was based on faulty intelligence. That's all they ever talk about. That and immigration. Another discriminatory argument for political gain."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power' Empty Re: Charles Barkley says politicians exploit racial, other differences to 'keep their grasp on money and power'

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:17 am

Charles knows how bad both sides are, making him far more informed than you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:33 am

"Both sides are as bad as one another" is one of the stupidest things people say all the time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:"Both sides are as bad as one another" is one of the stupidest things people say all the time.

Only to sycophants of one side or the other.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:"Both sides are as bad as one another" is one of the stupidest things people say all the time.

Indeed, it is the retreat of the one-who-started-it-all.  In other words, it is a false cover-story for why one started the shit-stirring, to excuse the fact of shit-stirring.  When Nixon was accused of breaking the law, his cover story was everyone does it. Apparently, liars need company, too.

We hear Republicans today repeating the same theme.  Conservatives, of whatever stripe, will use this cover story to 'excuse' their transgressions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Indeed, it is the retreat of the one-who-started-it-all.  In other words, it is a false cover-story for why one started the shit-stirring, to excuse the fact of shit-stirring.  When Nixon was accused of breaking the law, his cover story was everyone does it.  Apparently, liars need company, too.

We hear Republicans today repeating the same theme.  Conservatives, of whatever stripe, will use this cover story to 'excuse' their transgressions.

Everyone doesn't do it.

But a lot of people from each side do. Then others from that side defend it, or ignore it.

That's why I never vote for either side when I have a 3rd choice.

I'm done with their silly games.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:37 pm

'Everyone does it...' is the cover story from the one who started it.  Always is.  Always has been.

It has become a platitude today.  This helps the one who started it, as it helps him transmit the message that it's commonplace.

But even as commonplace, it's always a cover story.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:'Everyone does it...' is the cover story from the one who started it.  Always is.  Always has been.

It has become a platitude today.  This helps the one who started it, as it helps him transmit the message that it's commonplace.

Everyone doesn't do it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:58 pm

"He said voters are "stupid" to follow any politicians who spend their careers exploiting differences."

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:'Everyone does it...' is the cover story from the one who started it.  Always is.  Always has been.

Everyone doesn't do it.

Nonsense. Everyone claims not to do it, but what would you expect: Oh, that's right...everyone doesn't do it? I said it's a cover-story. Would you expect anyone to go against their own cover story? That is to admit they are a liar.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Everyone doesn't do it.

Nonsense.  Everyone claims not to do it, but what would you expect: Oh, that's right...everyone doesn't do it?  I said it's a cover-story.  Would you expect anyone to go against their own cover story?  That is to admit they are a liar.

Make up your damn mind.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nonsense.  Everyone claims not to do it, but what would you expect: Oh, that's right...everyone doesn't do it?  I said it's a cover-story.  Would you expect anyone to go against their own cover story?  That is to admit they are a liar.

Make up your damn mind.

I think it's you who must give up the duplicity. 'Everyone does it' is a cover story for liars, generally RW'ers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Make up your damn mind.

I think it's you who must give up the duplicity.  'Everyone does it' is a cover story for liars, generally RW'ers.

So everyone doesn't do it?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:36 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think it's you who must give up the duplicity.  'Everyone does it' is a cover story for liars, generally RW'ers.

So everyone doesn't do it?

No, it's a cover. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down