NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life's little luxuries.

4 posters

Go down

Life's little luxuries. Empty Life's little luxuries.

Post by Syl Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:51 am

I have just listened to a radio programme about people who fought back from the brink of death after contracting Covid.
Most had been in comas for many weeks.

Without fail, the things they said they appreciated once they returned home were the things we all take for granted.

Being able to drink a cold glass of water, hearing the birdsong, opening the curtains in the morning and seeing the rain, the sun, feeling fresh air on their faces, just breathing, because all those things we take for granted but they can all be taken away without warning.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Life's little luxuries. Empty Re: Life's little luxuries.

Post by Syl Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm

One of life's little luxuries is....CHOCOLATE.
Hopefully you have given or received some today.
Happy Easter everyone. x

Life's little luxuries. R3c41a10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Syl wrote:One of life's little luxuries is....CHOCOLATE.
Hopefully you have given or received some today.
Happy Easter everyone. x

Life's little luxuries. R3c41a10

Ahah...I know this was a segway into sumpin'. Happy Easter. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Seriously though, the programme I listened to this morning made me feel that we take so much for granted.....time to reflect on the small things in life...and appreciate them whilst we can.

The fact that it's Easter Sunday, and whether we are religious or not, it's a good time to notice Spring has sprung, new life is around us, and we should all make the most of it. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:42 pm

I am blessed to live in a lovely part of the country in a cottage on the outskirts of a little hamlet.

When I open my bedroom curtains in the morning I look out across a field that will soon be full of sheep and their lambs, a wonderful old Tudor farmhouse and tithe barn and trees and hedgerows that are now turning green after the winter.

I get muntjac deer in my garden, pheasants, partridge, woodpeckers, nuthatch....and many, many more species of wildlife.

This has been my home for nearly 60 years. I am happy. I am content...and yes, I am am truly blessed.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:08 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I am blessed to live in a lovely part of the country in a cottage on the outskirts of a little hamlet.

When I open my bedroom curtains in the morning I look out across a field that will soon be full of sheep and their lambs, a wonderful old Tudor farmhouse and tithe barn and trees and hedgerows that are now turning green after the winter.

I get muntjac deer in my garden, pheasants, partridge, woodpeckers, nuthatch....and many, many more species of wildlife.

This has been my home for nearly 60 years. I am happy. I am content...and yes, I am am truly blessed.
Fred, it sounds absolutely idyllic.

The saying that The best things in life are free, is true. To have all that outside your own window is priceless.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Fred Moletrousers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:15 pm

It’s usually only when life throws one a threat, does one realise the value of being alive.

That’s the true art of happiness though, isn’t it? Finding life wonderful, cherishing every moment and counting your blessings daily. I try to do that, I sometimes fail, but on the whole I am pretty consistent at trying to remain positive.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:03 am

I try to count my blessings, the older I get the more I realise I have.
Summery days, like the ones we have had recently, make it easy, nature is a constant reminder of how good life is...wintery  days  I have to search harder.

Just a side note speaking of summery weather, has anyone  else noticed how many bees are around just now?
Hopefully they are  surviving better than they did last year.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:01 pm

It's snowing here...great big flakes.....a few days ago we were sunbathing in the garden.

One of my little luxuries, wearing thick woolly socks in the house when it's cold outside.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down