NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day

3 posters

Go down

"My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day Empty "My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day

Post by Didgee Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:03 am

We got an email sent in that stops us in our tracks from one of our listeners Jacqueline Anderson's. Its about her parents love letters and she joined Ray for a chat to tell us more.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/ray/programmes/2021/0212/1196800-ray-darcy-friday-12-february-2021/?clipid=103596822&fbclid=IwAR17Hyg7Tjcq4lWUPMFrSwgB3_1c3iCug1z6pCtJTu3Z7sEyMnvMxVSj9D4#103596822

Jacqueline is my cousin and this is the story of my Uncle Brian and Aunty Liz

You can listen on the link

Seriously tears of joy after listening to that

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day Empty Re: "My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Letters are so romantic, such a pity they are out of fashion now.

I love that your cousin says that reading the letters out to her mum and dad transports them back to when they were so young, all the feelings of hope and romance for a life yet to be will come rushing back to them, that's so lovely.
x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

"My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day Empty Re: "My Parent's Love Letters" A Special for Valentines Day

Post by Didgee Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Syl wrote:Letters are so romantic, such a pity they are out of fashion now.

I love that your cousin says  that reading the letters out to  her mum and dad transports them back to when they were so young, all the feelings of hope and romance for a life yet to be will come rushing back to them, that's so lovely.
x

I was so emotional listening to this Syl, it was magical

I never knew of these letters and its heart breaking that my uncle Brian now fails to recognise his children many times when they meet. Yet amazingly always remembers his wife Liz

Its a story of true love

Glad you enjoyed listening and to me was a wonderful way to celebrate valentines day

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:45 pm

Didgee wrote:
Syl wrote:Letters are so romantic, such a pity they are out of fashion now.

I love that your cousin says  that reading the letters out to  her mum and dad transports them back to when they were so young, all the feelings of hope and romance for a life yet to be will come rushing back to them, that's so lovely.
x

I never knew of these letters and its heart breaking that my uncle Brian now fails to recognise his children. Yet amazingly always remembers his wife Liz

Its a story of true love

Glad you enjoyed listening and to me was a wonderful way to celebrate valentines day

I did enjoy listening, and thanks for sharing that with us. x

Alzheimers is the cruelest illness,  thankfully your uncle is still holding on to all the memories of times he has shared with his wife.

Your thread reminded me of this Didge....I also found this story and poem very touching.

https://www.carepathways.com/anoldladyspoem.cfm
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Didgee wrote:

I never knew of these letters and its heart breaking that my uncle Brian now fails to recognise his children. Yet amazingly always remembers his wife Liz

Its a story of true love

I did enjoy listening, and thanks for sharing that with us. x

Alzheimers is the cruelest illness,  thankfully your uncle is still holding on to all the memories of times he has shared with his wife.

Your thread reminded me of this Didge....I also found this story and poem very touching.

https://www.carepathways.com/anoldladyspoem.cfm

Seriously that is beautiful Syl

x

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Oh my heart Sad I love you
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down