NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling down.

+6
Vintage
gelico
Tommy Monk
Maddog
Original Quill
Syl
10 posters

Go down

Feeling down. Empty Feeling down.

Post by Syl Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm

I have to say I rarely feel down for no reason....but today, everything I touch I have done wrong.

I have used up some really lovely lace to make a birthday card for someone...and I hate the way it's turned out, so that's being binned.

Lost at scrabble and draughts...OH is the world's most horrible winner, and he gloats, Evil or Very Mad possibly because he doesn't win much, but it's really pissed me off.

It's absolutely freezing cold with a biting wind, too cold to go out for a walk, no point shopping, all the shops are closed.

On top of that my hair is the worst it has looked for years.

What's NOT to feel down about??Crying or Very sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Feeling down. Empty Re: Feeling down.

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Awww...Syl, cheer up.  Every loss is a learning experience; you now know what the lace does not go well with.  As with scrabble, you now know a little bit more of how to beat OH.  And, with cold weather and unruly hair, it's now time to work on a Spring bob that anticipates fun days.

If every loss is a learning experience, every win is a trophy.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Feeling down. Fb_im154

Cheer up. You could have been in this mess down the road from me.

We dont do ice well around here.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:12 pm

lol!   Soz about the weather and accidents, et al, but your post was funny.

Everyone is experiencing the cold Alaska blast.  It was mild rain when it passed over us, but it sure picked up strength over the Rockies.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:36 pm

If you're a bit squeamish this may give you some issues.  

You won't actually see people die, but they are dying in this wreck.  

I understand amateur drivers, but I don't get why the truckers are still moving that fast?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Syl wrote:I have to say I rarely feel down for no reason....but today, everything I touch I have done wrong.

I have used up some really lovely lace to make a birthday card for someone...and I hate the way it's turned out, so that's being binned.

Lost at scrabble and draughts...OH is the world's most horrible winner, and he gloats, Evil or Very Mad possibly because he doesn't win much, but it's really pissed me off.

It's absolutely freezing cold with a biting wind, too cold to go out for a walk, no point shopping, all the shops are closed.

Don't bin the card... Put it to one side and have another look at it tomorrow...

Board games... You can't win them all... But you can gloat that you win most of them overall... Part of being a good winner is also being a good loser and letting the opponent have a little bit of glory on the times that they do win... And the occasional loss makes the next win taste even sweeter...

Hair... If it's not behaving then just tie it back or up or something into a different style/look for a while... Or put on a hat or something... Again, tomorrow it will look different after you've slept on it... Or you could always go for the full Britney Spears meltdown look and shave it all off!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 pm

And don't bother with the walk... Have a couple of glasses of wine (as well as reading my above post has cheered you up a bit)... and why not just take out all your frustrations on your fella as well as having a good work out too by having a bit of sexercise...!?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 am

Syl wrote:I have to say I rarely feel down for no reason....but today, everything I touch I have done wrong.

Bollox to the cake - no one wants diabetes anyway

ah, well those that rarely win like to cherish it when they do. Remember also,,,, he's a bloke so just let him enjoy it on the rare occasions it happens

Hold tight, syl. Spring is nearly here and the daffodil shoots are already starting to show. It will soon be warm again

You still have an amazing smile

sending hugs, syl

Feeling down. 4211521542

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:04 pm

Thanks everyone....today I feel better. cheers

Actually reading your replies cheered me up, and they made me smile too (apart from Maddogs, that was horrendous)

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:Awww...Syl, cheer up.  Every loss is a learning experience; you now know what the lace does not go well with.  As with scrabble, you now know a little bit more of how to beat OH.  And, with cold weather and unruly hair, it's now time to work on a Spring bob that anticipates fun days.

If every loss is a learning experience, every win is a trophy.  Twisted Evil

You are right of course Quill, I will remake the card and it will be a success not a failure.

Scrabble...I honestly don't mind losing, I just hate it when someone is a gloating patronising wally of a winner, but I am going to forget the pompous way he acted yesterday...I will have to, if I don't I will get mad all over again. Mad

Hair....I actually got a website up yesterday looking at some wigs. Till I can get to a hairdresser it might be the only solution, cos I keep cutting it myself and it's getting out of control now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Maddog wrote:

I understand amateur drivers, but I don't get why the truckers are still moving that fast?

That certainly puts my pathetic moaning into perspective.
How many people must have died or been seriously injured in that pile up. Sad
And like you said, why were the trucks going so fast, couldn't they see what was happening ahead of them?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Don't bin the card... Put it to one side and have another look at it tomorrow...

Board games... You can't win them all... But you can gloat that you win most of them overall... Part of being a good winner is also being a good loser and letting the opponent have a little bit of glory on the times that they do win... And the occasional loss makes the next win taste even sweeter...

Hair... If it's not behaving then just tie it back or up or something into a different style/look for a while... Or put on a hat or something... Again, tomorrow it will look different after you've slept on it... Or you could always go for the full Britney Spears meltdown look and shave it all off!!!

lol!

Thanks Tommy...I have taken your advice and not binned the card, it's been tweaked to now be a 'Thank you' card, and I have redesigned it too.

Thanks also for the hair advice....doing a Britney is a bit drastic, but it could be a solution if the wig idea doesn't materialise. Razz
Your other suggestions were good also....I did have a couple of glasses of wine last night.
However your other suggestion can wait a day or two till the scrabble memory fades a bit more. Feeling down. 1094176690
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:34 pm

gelico wrote:

Bollox to the cake - no one wants diabetes anyway

ah, well those that rarely win like to cherish it when they do.  Remember also,,,, he's a bloke so just let him enjoy it on the rare occasions it happens

Hold tight, syl.  Spring is nearly here and the daffodil shoots are already starting to show.  It will soon be warm again

You still have an amazing smile

sending hugs, syl

Feeling down. 4211521542

Aww Thanks Gels.

It was a card though not a cake. I would really have to dislike someone if I was to make them a cake for their birthday. My baking skills are well known in my family for not being too clever. Razz

You are right about spring, it IS on the way, I hate the cold weather, but this freezing spell is set to end in a few days, so onwards and upwards. cheers

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

hahahahahahahaha

that's the sort of comment my hubby would have made

Feeling down. 3489511464 Feeling down. 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:53 pm

"Put a hat on or something" Razz
Typical male.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:43 pm

If its any consolation my hair is awful. Its not short or long but a straggly somewhere in between' I' grown it out last year into a bob for a change, that didn't last as when working it blew everywhere, so it got the chop again, shorter than I anticipated but it was ok, then just as I was going for a trim another lockdown happened. Now its in between it tends to stick out at odd angles in different places every morning. Can't wear a hat I look like Freddie Parrot Face Davies!

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And like you said, why were the trucks going so fast, couldn't they see what was happening ahead of them?

6 died at this point. Many in the crash were medical personal going to work.

We treat bridges for ice over here. It appears someone skipped that one. So people had been driving on clear roads, came over a rise and hit a sheet of ice.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

We treat bridges for ice over here.  It appears someone skipped that one. So people had been driving on clear roads, came over a rise and hit a sheet of ice.

I would hate to be the person who omitted to de-ice that bridge.

If only 6 are dead, tragic though that is, it seems a miracle that the number isn't 10 times that amount.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Vintage wrote:If its any consolation my hair is awful. Its not short or long but a straggly somewhere in between' I' grown it out last year into a bob for a change, that didn't last as when working it blew everywhere, so it got the chop again, shorter than I anticipated but it was ok, then just as I was going for a trim another lockdown happened. Now its in between it tends to stick out at odd angles in different places every morning. Can't wear a hat I look like Freddie Parrot Face Davies!

lol!

I seriously was looking at wigs online last night. I like this one.
My own hair is long, but I love this short choppy look.

Feeling down. Raquel10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:07 pm

yes that's a nice style.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Vintage wrote:If its any consolation my hair is awful. Its not short or long but a straggly somewhere in between' I' grown it out last year into a bob for a change, that didn't last as when working it blew everywhere, so it got the chop again, shorter than I anticipated but it was ok, then just as I was going for a trim another lockdown happened. Now its in between it tends to stick out at odd angles in different places every morning. Can't wear a hat I look like Freddie Parrot Face Davies!

lol!

Feeling down. Raquel10

It would look great on you, Syl. You look very much like that model, and on her it's spectacular. cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We treat bridges for ice over here.  It appears someone skipped that one. So people had been driving on clear roads, came over a rise and hit a sheet of ice.

I would hate to be the person who omitted to de-ice that bridge.

If only 6 are dead, tragic though that is, it seems a miracle that the number isn't 10 times that amount.

We have more on the way. I converted this to the commie units of measurement. We aren't really equipped for this nonsense. Neither are our buildings. Next week it will be crazy with pipes busting all over the region.

Feeling down. Screen32
Feeling down. Screen32

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:01 pm

ampgoo wrote:Were roads treated for ice before Fort Worth I-35W crash? Lawmakers want answers.

Following Thursday's fatal crash on Interstate 35W, a Fort Worth legislature is calling for more information on whether the roads were properly de-iced from Fort Worth's freezing weather.

Six people were killed and dozens more injured in the crash near downtown Fort Worth, resulting in a pile of about 100 vehicles. The roads in the southbound lanes of the motorway were icy overnight after a frost.

Ramon Romero State MP, a Democrat from Fort Worth, whose district includes the corridor where the wreck occurred, said first responders had told him there was no evidence of techniques such as grinding to reduce ice on the road seems to exist.

The reports prompted Romero to check with the Texas Department of Transportation about the procedures in place to ensure the roads were de-iced.

Generally, the transportation department uses a combination of materials to de-ice roads. The agency's work teams can apply a salty, liquid brine to roads and bridges, or apply salt pellets or sand.

The brine can be used preventively or applied to ice that has already formed. The salt and sand can also be used as a preventive measure, but are more likely to be used on roads that are already at least partially covered with snow or ice to give motorists more traction for their tires.

The crash occurred on TEXPress lanes, which require a toll for drivers and are monitored by North Tarrant Express Mobility Partners.

"We just have to find out what they did because the evidence shows that the people who were on that street were unable to stop," said Romero.

A spokesman for North Tarrant Express Mobility Partners said the company was taking steps to keep ice off the streets.

"The NTE & NTE35W maintenance teams started pre-treating our corridors on Tuesday and have been on site ever since," said spokesman Robert Hinkle. "Our crews are now supporting rescue workers in managing the accident site on 35 W and will continue to treat the motorways over the weekend until the next week."

In a statement on Thursday afternoon, Hinkle added, “We will continue to treat the freeways over the weekend until next week as long as the storm is active. Our crews handle the entire corridor, managed lanes, multi-purpose lanes, front roads and ramps, and work on the same procedure as the Texas Department of Transportation. In addition, our message boards in the corridors have alerted drivers to the adverse weather conditions and urged them to drive with caution. "

But Romero wrote on Twitter that the Fort Worth Fire Department "had to bring their own salt and sand to gain access to the scene". The tweet was one of several Thursdays that raised road safety issues.

"Who was responsible for safety on this street?" Said Romero and requested an investigation into the crash. “Who was responsible for deicing this part of our motorway? Who dropped the ball and why? Does TxDOT monitor the security measures on toll roads or do we only trust these private companies to take care of them? "

Mike Drivdahl, a fire department spokesman, said he did not know if the streets had been treated to prevent ice. Firefighters brought supplies to move safely around the scene, he said.

In the tweets, Romero also expressed concern about the "bottleneck design of the toll road and the lack of sensible security measures like a shoulder".

State Senator Beverly Powell, D-Fort Worth, said on Twitter that she too had been made aware of reports that "the managed lanes in which the fatal accident occurred that (Thursday) morning may not have been properly handled by the operator ".

"Hours after today's fatal accident, our office received numerous reports from constituents and online addresses that the operator responsible for managing the lane in which the piling occurred may not have properly handled the pavement "Powell said in a statement. “We are closely monitoring all reports from Senate 10th members and will continue to be in contact with transportation officials to ensure correct treatment procedures have been followed. All North Texans need to exercise caution in the days to come as weather conditions are unlikely to change and may deteriorate as we approach next week. "

Romero said TxDOT wants the National Transportation Safety Board, an independent federal agency that conducts accident investigations, to investigate the wreck. A TxDOT speaker did not immediately return a request for a comment. An NTSB spokesman said he had no information about an investigation, but updates were being shared on social media.

Romero said he also expected the wreck to be a point of discussion in committee hearings in the House and Senate. Romero wants the state to investigate why it is entering into public-private partnerships, such as the one between the state and TEXPress Railways in Fort Worth.

Romero asked if private companies can be trusted to treat roads against ice.

"This bad weather was foreseeable and lives were lost because a private company broke the end of business," Romero said on Twitter.

Staff writer Gordon Dixon contributed to this report.

Posted on 2021.02.12

https://www.ampgoo.com/were-roads-treated-for-ice-before-fort-worth-i-35w-crash-lawmakers-want-answers

Those of you who are observant will note that the accident occurred only in the middle of the expressway, or the TEXpress Lanes of the I-35W corridor.

TEXpress Lanes are unique toll lanes that are built within an existing highway.  When a former government project starts to privatize, you will observe a certain depreciation in service and resources starts to happen.  The LBJ and NTE TEXpress Lanes were built with comprehensive development agreements, meaning they are managed by private companies and owned by TxDOT.

When private enterprise becomes involved, profit (capitalization) becomes another, fourth mouth to feed, whereas government only considers the need.  The added expense detracts from the resources available and services provided.  It happened in this case because the roadbuilding went from federally-funded IHS, to a for-profit system.  Eliminated was the de-iceing of the roadways.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
ampgoo wrote:Were roads treated for ice before Fort Worth I-35W crash? Lawmakers want answers.

Following Thursday's fatal crash on Interstate 35W, a Fort Worth legislature is calling for more information on whether the roads were properly de-iced from Fort Worth's freezing weather.

Six people were killed and dozens more injured in the crash near downtown Fort Worth, resulting in a pile of about 100 vehicles. The roads in the southbound lanes of the motorway were icy overnight after a frost.

Ramon Romero State MP, a Democrat from Fort Worth, whose district includes the corridor where the wreck occurred, said first responders had told him there was no evidence of techniques such as grinding to reduce ice on the road seems to exist.

The reports prompted Romero to check with the Texas Department of Transportation about the procedures in place to ensure the roads were de-iced.

Generally, the transportation department uses a combination of materials to de-ice roads. The agency's work teams can apply a salty, liquid brine to roads and bridges, or apply salt pellets or sand.

The brine can be used preventively or applied to ice that has already formed. The salt and sand can also be used as a preventive measure, but are more likely to be used on roads that are already at least partially covered with snow or ice to give motorists more traction for their tires.

The crash occurred on TEXPress lanes, which require a toll for drivers and are monitored by North Tarrant Express Mobility Partners.

"We just have to find out what they did because the evidence shows that the people who were on that street were unable to stop," said Romero.

A spokesman for North Tarrant Express Mobility Partners said the company was taking steps to keep ice off the streets.

"The NTE & NTE35W maintenance teams started pre-treating our corridors on Tuesday and have been on site ever since," said spokesman Robert Hinkle. "Our crews are now supporting rescue workers in managing the accident site on 35 W and will continue to treat the motorways over the weekend until the next week."

In a statement on Thursday afternoon, Hinkle added, “We will continue to treat the freeways over the weekend until next week as long as the storm is active. Our crews handle the entire corridor, managed lanes, multi-purpose lanes, front roads and ramps, and work on the same procedure as the Texas Department of Transportation. In addition, our message boards in the corridors have alerted drivers to the adverse weather conditions and urged them to drive with caution. "

But Romero wrote on Twitter that the Fort Worth Fire Department "had to bring their own salt and sand to gain access to the scene". The tweet was one of several Thursdays that raised road safety issues.

"Who was responsible for safety on this street?" Said Romero and requested an investigation into the crash. “Who was responsible for deicing this part of our motorway? Who dropped the ball and why? Does TxDOT monitor the security measures on toll roads or do we only trust these private companies to take care of them? "

Mike Drivdahl, a fire department spokesman, said he did not know if the streets had been treated to prevent ice. Firefighters brought supplies to move safely around the scene, he said.

In the tweets, Romero also expressed concern about the "bottleneck design of the toll road and the lack of sensible security measures like a shoulder".

State Senator Beverly Powell, D-Fort Worth, said on Twitter that she too had been made aware of reports that "the managed lanes in which the fatal accident occurred that (Thursday) morning may not have been properly handled by the operator ".

"Hours after today's fatal accident, our office received numerous reports from constituents and online addresses that the operator responsible for managing the lane in which the piling occurred may not have properly handled the pavement "Powell said in a statement. “We are closely monitoring all reports from Senate 10th members and will continue to be in contact with transportation officials to ensure correct treatment procedures have been followed. All North Texans need to exercise caution in the days to come as weather conditions are unlikely to change and may deteriorate as we approach next week. "

Romero said TxDOT wants the National Transportation Safety Board, an independent federal agency that conducts accident investigations, to investigate the wreck. A TxDOT speaker did not immediately return a request for a comment. An NTSB spokesman said he had no information about an investigation, but updates were being shared on social media.

Romero said he also expected the wreck to be a point of discussion in committee hearings in the House and Senate. Romero wants the state to investigate why it is entering into public-private partnerships, such as the one between the state and TEXPress Railways in Fort Worth.

Romero asked if private companies can be trusted to treat roads against ice.

"This bad weather was foreseeable and lives were lost because a private company broke the end of business," Romero said on Twitter.

Staff writer Gordon Dixon contributed to this report.

Posted on 2021.02.12

https://www.ampgoo.com/were-roads-treated-for-ice-before-fort-worth-i-35w-crash-lawmakers-want-answers

Those of you who are observant will note that the accident occurred only in the middle of the expressway, or the TEXpress Lanes of the I-35W corridor.

TEXpress Lanes are unique toll lanes that are built within an existing highway.  When a former government project starts to privatize, you will observe a certain depreciation in service and resources starts to happen.  The LBJ and NTE TEXpress Lanes were built with comprehensive development agreements, meaning they are managed by private companies and owned by TxDOT.

When private enterprise becomes involved, profit (capitalization) becomes another, fourth mouth to feed, whereas government only considers the need.  The added expense detracts from the resources available and services provided.  It happened in this case because the roadbuilding went from federally-funded IHS, to a for-profit system.  Eliminated was the de-iceing of the roadways.

The problem with that theory is that the other 100 or so bridges on the tollways didn't have massive wrecks, and the entire region had wrecks all over the place, regardless of who maintained the road. This particular bridge could have been skipped or treated too early. Could be a design flaw. These roads are high speed with no shoulders. This particular overpass rises fairly quickly so that you can't see over the apex of the hill.

It will interesting to see how it pans out. No doubt the politicians will be using the deaths to score some points if they can.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:56 pm

Hey Syl, I’ve had low energy for a while now, it’s in the air somehow, everyone seems utterly tired of the lockdowns and restrictions. The world just doesn’t feel the same at the moment, it’s hard to stay positive.

I am kinda glad that Mr Syl finally won at scrabble though....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Maddog wrote:Could be a design flaw. These roads are high speed with no shoulders. This particular overpass rises fairly quickly so that you can't see over the apex of the hill.

I think when you cut the meat off the bone, we are saying the same thing. A "design flaw" is just another form of cost-cutting, whether in operations or with equipment/resources. It’s cost-cutting anytime you reduce spending to preserve high profits.

It's the same with regulatory measures. Regulations is just another term for public protections. Capitalists want to eliminate regulations in order to reduce costs, and if that means reductions in public protections, so be it.

"Design flaws" may be another term for building without public protections...in this case, building without expensive de-iceing equipment.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:59 pm

The problem with those fucking toll roads is that so few people want to pay to drive on them that those who do end up on them drive like maniacs, because the police rarely bother to monitor them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:43 am

Hugs Syl xxx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:38 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Could be a design flaw. These roads are high speed with no shoulders. This particular overpass rises fairly quickly so that you can't see over the apex of the hill.

I think when you cut the meat off the bone, we are saying the same thing.  A "design flaw" is just another form of cost-cutting, whether in operations or with equipment/resources.  It’s cost-cutting anytime you reduce spending to preserve high profits.

It's the same with regulatory measures.  Regulations is just another term for public protections.   Capitalists want to eliminate regulations in order to reduce costs, and if that means reductions in public protections, so be it.

"Design flaws" may be another term for building without public protections...in this case, building without expensive de-iceing equipment.

No, we are not saying the same thing. Regardless of who builds them, 639 government agencies have to approve them. Even then, things don't always work as planned. But we don't really know what happened here, except that this one bridge was an ice rink compared to many of the others in the system.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:42 am

Ben Reilly wrote:The problem with those fucking toll roads is that so few people want to pay to drive on them that those who do end up on them drive like maniacs, because the police rarely bother to monitor them.

Most of them are only patrolled by DPS, because of some sort of arrangement. The state doesn't want the local boys getting that ticket revenue.

But you're right about the speeds. It's about as close as you can get to NASCAR. They are not for the faint of heart.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

It would look great on you, Syl.  You look very much like that model, and on her it's spectacular.  cheers

Lol...thanks Quill. Laughing
That's actually Raquel Welch modelling one of the wigs she designs.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Cass wrote:Hugs Syl xxx

Hiya Cass, I am fine now....just a down day, gone and forgotten. x
it's lovely to see you around.
Hope you are getting on OK and managing to see your beautiful little granddaughter, time flies, is she about 18 months old now? x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:48 pm

eddie wrote:Hey Syl, I’ve had low energy for a while now, it’s in the air somehow, everyone seems utterly tired of the lockdowns and restrictions. The world just doesn’t feel the same at the moment, it’s hard to stay positive.  

OK...let me clarify.

I do win a lot on account of I am good at scrabble. Razz
I am a modest winner and a graceful loser, BUT, I hate it when the winner gloats, it just annoys me.
For eg, he was winning by over 100 points, I had seven vowels which went nowhere so had to change letters (something I am loath to do because obviously I miss my go)
He used the triple word space I had opened up and said...."Watch this, you will appreciate it". and he was smirking.
AND it wasn't so much what he said, it was the way he said it. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

I am quite over it now though. Crying or Very sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Sorry to here you are blue Syl

Here is something to cheer you up  Smile

Enjoy

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Hey Syl, I’ve had low energy for a while now, it’s in the air somehow, everyone seems utterly tired of the lockdowns and restrictions. The world just doesn’t feel the same at the moment, it’s hard to stay positive.  

OK...let me clarify.

I am a modest winner and a graceful loser, BUT, I hate it when the winner gloats, it just annoys me.
For eg, he was winning by over 100 points, I had seven vowels which went nowhere so had to change letters (something I am loath to do because obviously I miss my go)
He used the triple word space I had opened up and said...."Watch this, you will appreciate it". and he was smirking.
AND it wasn't so much what he said, it was the way he said it. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Poor Mr Syl No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:35 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

OK...let me clarify.

Poor Mr Syl No
Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:38 pm

Didgee wrote:

Sorry to here you are blue Syl

Here is something to cheer you up  Smile

Enjoy

Brilliant Didge, thanks. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:39 am

00:34:051
Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

I took your advice Tommy, didn't bin the card, reworked it and it looks  OK.

Feeling down. 54da7910
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:59 am

That’s really good Syl! Why do you doubt yourself?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:11 pm

eddie wrote:That’s really good Syl! Why do you doubt yourself?

I dont really, just now and again I make something I am not happy with. I doubt I will send the one I am moaning about.
Most of my cards I love....and I don't care if that does make me a big head. Razz

Feeling down. Sam_5910
Feeling down. Sam_5911
Feeling down. 20210211
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Cass and Didgee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:36 pm

They really are beautiful Syl. You’re so talented. Those are keepsakes worth framing.

I’m glad you’re feeling better. I think we’ve all had a lot more down days recently. Xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:45 pm

Syl... They are truly special, look amazing... Have you ever considered making shit loads of them and selling them at 'craft fairs' and/or on internet somehow?

Is easy to set up a Facebook page for them, or even try to market them to a high end card retailer or something?

My mum lhas a 'craft' type hobby and makes stuff that she sells at these 'craft fair' event things...

But she only charges cheap rates to cover her costs so she can buy more materials to make more stuff...

Although your cards could easily fetch quite a tidy sum for each one, as they are quite extravagant and quality special looking... And people are more than willing to spend a bit when they want to send a special message of love/thanks/friendship to someone important.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:52 am

Syl, so beautiful. I agree with everyone here, you really have a talent...and an eye for elegant things. I can't believe you were going to bin them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Thank you so much Cass, Tommy, Quill, I really appreciate your nice comments. x

Quill, it was only the one I was dissatisfied with I was going to bin, now and again (like everyone) I make something  and I'm just not happy with the outcome. The fact I had used the last piece of a certain lace that I liked annoyed me.

Tommy, I did used to sell my cards.
I stopped making them a few years ago but started again to fill time in Lockdown.
I have never sold online, which is what everyone seems to be doing now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down