NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland

+3
Original Quill
Vintage
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Go down

EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland Empty EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:38 pm

The decision to trigger the provision blindsided Dublin and London and set off a firestorm as it could have seen checks on the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, temporarily nullifying the special border arrangement intended to preserve the Good Friday peace agreement.

The Commission invoked the emergency provision — Article 16 of the Protocol on Ireland and Northern Ireland — as part of a new export control mechanism that is designed to restrict international shipments of coronavirus vaccines if the EU's own orders are not being met.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-drops-irish-border-plan-coronavirus-vaccine-exports/

After all their huffing and puffing about the Irish border having to remain open, during the Brexit talks...

Fukking disgrace!

I still find it hard to understand why some people supported remaining in this corrupt and morally bankrupt bureaucratic dictatorship!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland Empty Re: EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:02 pm

Showing their true colours now. Seems that co operation is not exactly high on their list.
We've traded for years out standards are EU standards and immediately we have problems with exporting the same goods as we did before. I remember when British standards for food and animal welfare was far higher in the UK than in Europe, I signed many a petition about it, now we get warned about standards and have to supply certificates and now this
'foot stamping' and hissy fits.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland Empty Re: EU threatens to close Irish border with Northern Ireland

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Vindictiveness is a part of divorce.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:58 pm

Vintage wrote:Showing their true colours now. Seems that co operation is not exactly high on their list.
We've traded for years out standards are EU standards and immediately we have problems with exporting the same goods as we did before. I remember when British standards for food and animal welfare was far higher in the UK than in Europe, I signed many a petition about it, now we get warned about standards and have to supply certificates and now this

The power crazy always try to rule/manipulate via fear. Fear should be for entertainment purposes only.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Vintage wrote:Showing their true colours now. Seems that co operation is not exactly high on their list.

The power crazy always try to rule/manipulate via fear.  Fear should be for entertainment purposes only.

Well said. Short and precise.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:38 pm

The EU really slipped up and showed its true face with that business. All very 'Nazi' of them.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:43 pm

The unelected dictatorship that is the EU Commission has never tolerated dissent or disobedience. There have been at least two occasions in the past when member nations have democratically voted against Commission diktats and have been forced to re-poll to give the “right answer.”

There is now real fear among these political nonentities than if the U.K. surges ahead economically as well as it is obviously doing in terms of vaccination management, other countries which are angry and dissatisfied with the style and effectiveness of EU governance - and there are several - then they, too, will be tempted to quit.

It all certainly makes me feel that my own vote in favour of leaving was well justified.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:21 am

I have never regretted voting to leave either, and seeing the way the EU leaders are now acting towards us just  confirms my beliefs.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:28 am

I would have thought that the EU would have closed this border already. They have restricted the Folkestone-Coquelles chunnel traffic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down