NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“

+4
Maddog
Ben Reilly
Didgee
eddie
8 posters

Go down

Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“ Empty Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:28 pm

First seen in The Telegraph but I haven’t got a subscription so can’t post their story.

HOSPITAL intensive care capacity is no busier than normal for the majority of trusts, leaked NHS documents reveal.

Capacity is tracking as normal with the number of beds available that would be expected at this time of year - even without the need to use the extra Nightingale capacity, raising doubts that a four-week national lockdown is required.

An NHS source told the Telegraph: "As you can see, our current position in October is exactly where we have been in the last five years."

The new data shows that even in the peak in April, critical care beds were never more than 80 per cent full.

Following the closure of the Nightingale hospitals, there is still 15 per cent capacity across the country - which is fairly normal for this time of year.

The documents show there were 9,138 patients in hospital in England as of 8am on November 2, although it had since fallen to 9,077.

It means Covid-19 patients are accounting for around 10 per cent of general and acute beds in hospitals. But, there are still more than 13,000 beds available.

In critical care, around 18 per cent of beds are still unoccupied, although it varies between regions.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13102455/hospital-intensive-care-normal-nightingales-second-lockdown/

Hmmmm.... Suspect
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“ Empty Re: Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“

Post by Didgee Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Is that not more due to the fact that many people are now afraid to go to hospital?

That many screenings for cancer are cancelled?

The fact is many people are not receiving any form of medical care dude to covid

I fail to see what this document seeks to explain

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“ Empty Re: Leaked document: “Hospital intensive care no busier than normal“

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:33 pm

I tend to agree with you actually. I am only wondering why an NHS staff thought it wise to say this.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:04 pm

There is a huge disincentive for people to report Covid symptoms, and that's a really overlooked problem.

A lot of people have been wondering why a bunch of Latinos who live near the Mexican border with Texas would vote for Trump.

When asked, they said they were afraid Biden might enact a national lockdown and they'd go broke.

The government has to take care of the people during this pandemic or people will break the rules in order to provide for themselves.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:05 pm

I asked this to Syl the other day.

Isn't there a source, besides the media, that tells you how many beds are being used?

My county has a web site that shows occupied and available beds.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:08 pm

I honestly don’t know the answer to that. There may well be another source...I would imagine there is though, there must be.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:57 pm

Maddog wrote:I asked this to Syl the other day.  

Isn't there a source, besides the media, that tells you how many beds are being used?

My county has a web site that shows occupied and available beds.  
You did, and as far as I know there isn't.
We can get local figures on how many Covid infections and deaths are in our area, but not how many hospital beds are available.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:51 am

eddie wrote:First seen in The Telegraph but I haven’t got a subscription so can’t post their story.

HOSPITAL intensive care capacity is no busier than normal for the majority of trusts, leaked NHS documents reveal.

Capacity is tracking as normal with the number of beds available that would be expected at this time of year - even without the need to use the extra Nightingale capacity, raising doubts that a four-week national lockdown is required.

An NHS source told the Telegraph: "As you can see, our current position in October is exactly where we have been in the last five years."

The new data shows that even in the peak in April, critical care beds were never more than 80 per cent full.

Following the closure of the Nightingale hospitals, there is still 15 per cent capacity across the country - which is fairly normal for this time of year.

The documents show there were 9,138 patients in hospital in England as of 8am on November 2, although it had since fallen to 9,077.

It means Covid-19 patients are accounting for around 10 per cent of general and acute beds in hospitals. But, there are still more than 13,000 beds available.

In critical care, around 18 per cent of beds are still unoccupied, although it varies between regions.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13102455/hospital-intensive-care-normal-nightingales-second-lockdown/

Hmmmm.... Suspect

More evidence of panicdemic...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:02 am

Nah. I'm thinking that with cases sharply rising, they envisioned the hospitals swiftly filling up and felt like they had to do something. They didn't do enough, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:21 am

I personally know a IC doctor who works at Salford Royal. He told me that, at the height of the pandemic, the IC ward was empty of Covid cases and has stayed empty ever since. And what of the Nightingale hospitals? Are they crammed to capacity?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:33 pm

I heard the Nightingale in Manchester is being reopened, but now it will treat none Covid patients if the second wave fills the other hospital beds.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:17 pm

I can only say for sure about our nearest hospital and that had over a hundred cases last week with 24 deaths in 3 days. The accident and emergency was diverted for 'walk ins' and only ambulance emergencies were allowed, then generally transfered to other hospitals. I did notice the main mortuary fridges were full and they were using the 'overspill' facility.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down