NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future of the human race

4 posters

Go down

The future of the human race Empty The future of the human race

Post by Vintage Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:23 pm

So The last topic I posted more or less fell flat on its face, I'll try again though although I expect the same result.
The future of the human race, given the overpopulation, the finite resources of the planet, the absolutely awful administrations in the world do you think the human race will last much longer in its current form. We have progress and evolution happening in sudden bursts then long periods of not a lot changing. Mostly the changes have been beneficial, at least up to a point for the masses, at least the Black death had a little benefit socially speaking one way and another. People have lived, probably great grandparents that have experienced the coming of telephones, horseless carriages, electricity, even the internet, antibiotics and the NHS, many saw the moon landings (unless you are a conspiracy theorist).
So are we going to end up with a scenario of Star Trek or Soylent Green. Lots more thought of but I'll shut up now.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

nicko and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

The future of the human race Empty Re: The future of the human race

Post by Didgee Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:37 pm

Vintage wrote:So The last topic I posted more or less fell flat on its face, I'll try again though although I expect the same result.
The future of the human race, given the overpopulation, the finite resources of the planet, the absolutely awful administrations in the world do you think the human race will last much longer in its current form. We have progress and evolution happening in sudden bursts then long periods of not a lot changing. Mostly the changes have been beneficial, at least up to a point for the masses, at least the Black death had a little benefit socially speaking one way and another. People have lived, probably great grandparents that have experienced the coming of telephones, horseless carriages, electricity, even the internet, antibiotics and the NHS, many saw the moon landings (unless you are a conspiracy theorist).
So are we going to end up with a scenario of Star Trek or Soylent Green. Lots more thought of but I'll shut up now.

Its inevitable that the human race, will end up wiping itself out
If not through war, then pollution or through a killer virus
In time, this planet will become uninhabitable
The reality is we as humans seem to think of ourselves as the only intelligence life in the universe
The reality is, we are simple a mere speck in the Universe and like many species before us, will no doubt one day die out
Its of course possible we could find a way to escape the inevitable with forms of space travel

With your view of over population. This is going to balance out within a 100 years
We are already seeing this in the west. Where more people are dying than birth rates
Over population will not be the cause of the downfall of humans

Stupidity will be the cause

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:47 pm

100 years to less people - will there be anything else left by then?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:57 pm

Vintage wrote:100 years  to less people - will there be anything else left by then?

The one thing that people should worry about is life in the seas

Without plankton, then the food chain in the seas will die

This food chain supplies around 4 billion humans with food globally

Humans need to change in order for life to continue to exist on this planet

So in a 100 years?

Will there be anything left?

Its a fair question and one we are unlikely to see the answer of Vintage

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:16 am

I think I'm almost glad I won't be around in a hundred years. What we are doing to each other, to other species and to the planet is so frustrating I don't know which way to turn.
I agree if - when the human race destroys itself it will certainly only have itself to blame.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:17 am

Vintage wrote:I think I'm almost glad I won't be around in a hundred years. What we are doing to each other, to other species and to the planet is so frustrating I don't know which way to turn.
I agree if - when the human race destroys itself it will certainly only have itself to blame.

100% AGREE Vintage

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:47 am

My stepdaughter is only 8. I really worry about the kind of world she's going to grow up in sometimes.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:50 am

Ben Reilly wrote:My stepdaughter is only 8. I really worry about the kind of world she's going to grow up in sometimes.

Which is the most valuable point here

That in reality we are as a species in general not caring for future generations to come

Anyway Night Ben

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and nicko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:30 pm

I have no idea what's going to happen in the decades to come, the way the world looks now nothing seems very hopeful, but if good succeeds evil maybe there will be a turnaround in the way human greed and lust for power seems to be winning at the moment.

I do think if I was young now I would consider very carefully whether I wanted to bring children into this world.....but then I am thinking that with a much older brain, youth is forever optimistic.....so who knows.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

nicko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down