NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns

5 posters

Go down

Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns Empty Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:27 pm

The guidance issued earlier this week came from WHO's European regional entity. The area has the highest alcohol intake in the world, and roughly 1 million deaths are caused by alcohol every year there.

"Alcohol is consumed in excessive quantities in the European Region, and leaves too many victims. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we should really ask ourselves what risks we are taking in leaving people under lockdown in their homes with a substance that is harmful both in terms of their health and the effects of their behaviour on others, including violence," Carina Ferreira-Borges, the program manager for the region's alcohol and illicit drugs program, said in a statement.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-04-16/who-governments-should-restrict-alcohol-during-coronavirus-lockdowns?fbclid=IwAR1zJBmaJPp9dLqZs4H_25in0_MPkQUznvn7Ej15-a-RtlGB3fhbvGpqbL4

You know, I'm not in favor of the government cutting off your booze for your own good, but maybe some of y'all are.

And maybe it's for good reason.

1 million deaths??

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns Empty Re: Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:28 pm

Are the predominantly Muslim countries having problems like Europe?

Outside of Iran, I'd say no.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns Empty Re: Governments Should Restrict Alcohol During Coronavirus Lockdowns

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:38 pm

So I just checked. Europe has had 95,000 Covid deaths.

Now, I don't believe that number is going to stop going up today.

But I think it may not exceed 200,000 for the year.

So, according the WHO, Europeans are locking themselves in their homes, consuming a product, that kills a million a year, while hiding from something that will kill 200,000 of them.

Of course, it could be said that that's better then 1.2 million which would happen if everyone was turned loosed to drink 9 pints a night and puke in the street. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:02 am

And why, do the government want to stop people drinking? I don’t care about their bullshit reasons...just why?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:05 am

eddie wrote:And why, do the government want to stop people drinking? I don’t care about their bullshit reasons...just why?

They don't. The WHO wants them too.

I mean some do, but none in Europe that I'm aware of.

Are you drinking now?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:07 am

"Drinking alcohol can compromise peoples' immune systems and make them more vulnerable to the adverse health effects of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, according to WHO. Alcohol use is also associated with diseases and mental health disorders that can make a person more likely to contract COVID-19.

"At times of lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, alcohol consumption can exacerbate health vulnerability, risk-taking behaviours, mental health issues and violence," WHO noted in a press release."

From the article.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:16 am

Over 8-million deaths by cigarettes per year. And they use lungs as a drug delivery device. Covid-10 attacks the respiratory system.

Toss them nasty things out there too.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:40 am

Maddog wrote:The guidance issued earlier this week came from WHO's European regional entity. The area has the highest alcohol intake in the world, and roughly 1 million deaths are caused by alcohol every year there.

"Alcohol is consumed in excessive quantities in the European Region, and leaves too many victims. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we should really ask ourselves what risks we are taking in leaving people under lockdown in their homes with a substance that is harmful both in terms of their health and the effects of their behaviour on others, including violence," Carina Ferreira-Borges, the program manager for the region's alcohol and illicit drugs program, said in a statement.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-04-16/who-governments-should-restrict-alcohol-during-coronavirus-lockdowns?fbclid=IwAR1zJBmaJPp9dLqZs4H_25in0_MPkQUznvn7Ej15-a-RtlGB3fhbvGpqbL4

You know, I'm not in favor of the government cutting off your booze for your own good, but maybe some of y'all are.

1 million deaths??  

Well the whole article is dumb

Its about the immune system being able to recognise the virus within our own cells

Which they hide within and no amount abstinence will change that reality

Its as bad as a study showing less smokers of dying of this around nicotine help stem this virus

The reality is WHO knows as much as everyone here

Very little

Its speculative gibberish at best

There has been no studies and many studies show red wine for example lowers cholesterol and is fantastic for gut health

This is maddog making an ulterior point here around Libertarian

This is the same organisation that has helped sway banning vapours in the same middle east countries , which has led to more people smoking again

Adults are like children. The worst thing you can do is tell them they cannot have something

They then will strive to have that

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:44 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:The guidance issued earlier this week came from WHO's European regional entity. The area has the highest alcohol intake in the world, and roughly 1 million deaths are caused by alcohol every year there.

1 million deaths??  

Its about the immune system being able to recognise the virus within our own cells

There has been no studies and many studies show red wine for example lowers cholesterol and is fantastic for gut health

This is the same organisation that has helped sway banning vapours in the same middle east countries , which has led to more people smoking again

Adults are like children. The worst thing you can do is tell them they cannot have something

I don't work for the WHO.

I'm just telling you what they said.

I take it you are not in agreement.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:50 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Like I have said, I have seen studies that shows smoking combats this virus

Considering thios is a new virus with little know information

And considering the nation with the most people over a hundred years old are Italy that drink wine

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-17/the-italian-village-with-more-centenarians-than-anywhere-else-in-the-world/

Shows clearly many Italians have healthy immune systems, being as they have the largest eldest population in Europe

Hence the advice from WHO is speculative bollocks

The Italians have always been big red wine drinkers and why I tend to think such advice is more politically or religious orientated

Its effecting the elderly and yet red wine and their diet has kept them having a health immune system for decades in Italy

Red wine foir a start is about the one thing people should drink in moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And considering the nation with the most people over a hundred years old are Italy that drink wine

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-17/the-italian-village-with-more-centenarians-than-anywhere-else-in-the-world/

Shows clearly many Italians have healthy immune systems, being as they have the largest eldest population in Europe

The Italians have always been big red wine drinkers and why I tend to think such advice is more politically or religious orientated

Its effecting the elderly and yet red wine and their diet has kept them having a health immune system for decades in Italy

Maybe talking with your hands leads to longevity?

Anyway, I don't think drinking very moderately is bad for you. I'm also not a huge fan of the WHO or the UN.

But this is more about excessive drinking. More than one glass of wine a day for women, and two for men.

That does begin to cause health problems, which could decrease your ability to deal with all manner of diseases, including Covid, and I don't need to the WHO to tell me that. My doctor lectures me every time I see her.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Maybe talking with your hands leads to longevity?

Anyway, I don't think drinking very moderately is bad for you.  I'm also not a huge fan of the WHO or the UN.

But this is more about excessive drinking. More than one glass of wine a day for women, and two for men.

That does begin to cause health problems, which could decrease your ability to deal with all manner of diseases, including Covid, and I don't need to the WHO to tell me that. My doctor lectures me every time I see her.  

Me Too mate, it is now politicised

I agree everything in excess is an issue mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 pm

I had to laugh the other day

an old boy I talk to regularly says he's smoked since he was 14, (he's now 85) and is fit as a fiddle, says when he started smoking he was on capstan full strength (they were pure evil.....) and now smokes what he describes as his own evil concoction, which it has to be said, smells a bit like a cross between a burning straw stack and burning car tyres, with a bit of burning manure thrown in........well he reckons after 60 odd years of that, nowt will kill him, and as he put it...theres a reason you creosote fences........

me...I just shake my head and grin....one life...live it......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:30 pm

He's right about the Creosote Vic, I used it on a Fence 30 years ago,Fence faded but still good. Used this new stuff on a new Fence, have to reuse it every year on said fence now !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:I had to laugh the other day

an old boy I talk to regularly says he's smoked since he was 14, (he's now 85) and is fit as a fiddle, says when he started smoking he was on capstan full strength (they were pure evil.....) and now smokes what he describes as his own evil concoction, which it has to be said, smells a bit like a cross between a burning straw stack and burning car tyres, with a bit of burning manure thrown in........well he reckons after 60 odd years of that, nowt will kill him, and as he put it...theres a reason you creosote fences........

me...I just shake my head and grin....one life...live it......

How many other lives has he terminated?  Second-hand smoke is just as deadly as first.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down