NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So now you have more time on your hands....

+5
Tommy Monk
inmyopinion
Cass
Maddog
Syl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So now you have more time on your hands.... - Page 2 Empty So now you have more time on your hands....

Post by Syl Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Have you bothered to do anything constructive with it?

I have almost completed 4 weeks of self isolation, apart from the odd walk I have not been out of the house and garden.
I was going to write a book, take up water colouring again, my first attempts were bad, but I have all the stuff, all I need is the inspiration, which so far hasn't arrived sadly.
I have prepared my garden for all the plants I have ordered online, apart from that...….nowt. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So now you have more time on your hands.... - Page 2 Empty Re: So now you have more time on your hands....

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Ah... Ok...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So now you have more time on your hands.... - Page 2 Empty Re: So now you have more time on your hands....

Post by Syl Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 pm

eddie wrote:I was thinking of red lights that’s why I made a joke and yes Syl. I’m pretty sure they still use red lights...

So my mum tells me Wink

Your mum sounds like a real character. Wink

Hopefully she doesn't read here.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Ah... Ok...

back away......slowly, Tommy
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:06 pm

So Maddog posted...." I have devoted the rest of my life to celibacy, so no need for making love."

He cant just throw a one liner like that in a post and not explain why.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Syl wrote:So Maddog posted...." I have devoted the rest of my life to celibacy, so no need for making love."

Sure I can.

And I didnt really make the call.

Women have made it for me.

I guess I should have said "women have decided I will dedicate the rest of my life to celibacy".

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:27 pm

ahh...you got your nuts kicked off by a rabid bunch of vengeful females......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:45 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:

Not lately. I just find most of them not worth the trouble.

A lot of single folks who are older, are single for a reason., including myself.

I spend a great deal of time with females, single and married. Amongst the single ones it's almost to the point of not wanting to mess up a friendship trying to make a relationship work.

Or in many cases, I'm not remotely interested.

Or their not in me.

But I can do what I want, when I want. So there's that. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:So Maddog posted...." I have devoted the rest of my life to celibacy, so no need for making love."

Sure I can.  

I guess I should have said "women have decided I will dedicate the rest of my life to celibacy".

Well yes you can, but it's an intriguing comment which people (well OK me cos I'm nosy) are curious as to know why.
So you did say why....and I find it hard to believe....maybe you mix with the wrong kind of females.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sure I can.  

Well yes you can, but it's an intriguing comment which people (well OK me cos I'm nosy) are curious as to know why.
So you did say why....and I find it hard to believe....maybe you mix with the wrong kind of females.

The wrong kind are sometimes the best kind. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:40 pm

yeah ... a good night with a bad woman.......has got to beat a bad night with a good woman..... Shocked
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:39 pm

What did Jerry Hall say once....a woman should be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom!!!

Pity no one let Mick know.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

The wrong kind are sometimes the best kind.  Wink
Well that wont do you much good, you have taken a vow of celibacy. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:yeah ... a good night with a bad woman.......has got to beat a bad night with a good woman..... Shocked

lol!

Priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:

A lot of single folks who are older, are single for a reason., including myself.  

I spend a great deal of time with females, single and married. Amongst the single ones it's almost to the point of not wanting to mess up a friendship trying to make a relationship work.

Or their not in me.  

But I can do what I want, when I want. So there's that.  Wink

I find many females like me as friends, but what does that prove?

Its nothing to do with messing a friendship, that is simple absurd. As if there is love and affection there, is more of a fear of allowing are barriers to come down. Hence its the imaginary shield we have created that stops many of us from falling in love.

In other words, we are too scared to try, in case we get hurt

If we were honest. That is the real reason and not the macho white knight reason you gave mate

Its far easier to stay at a distance and keep a social sex life, in the view to not get hurt and why many men now do this

Its why psychologically, we are the weaker sex

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Or their not in me.  

Its nothing to do with messing a friendship, that is simple absurd. As if there is love and affection there, is more of a fear of allowing are barriers to come down. Hence its the imaginary shield we have created that stops many of us from falling in love.

If we were honest. That is the real reason and not the macho white knight reason you gave mate

Its far easier to stay at a distance and keep a social sex life, in the view to not get hurt and why many men now do this

How can it be absurd if that's the way he feels?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Or their not in me.  

I approach relationships more rationally now.

And much of the distance men keep is at the behest of women. They are far more independent now and have much less need for us. Especially single ones in their 40s and 50s.

It's all very complicated I guess, but I doubt you and see these things then same. I believe you're far more of a romantic than I.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The wrong kind are sometimes the best kind.  Wink
Well that wont do you much good, you have taken a vow of celibacy. Razz

Yeah, that comment was sorta tongue and cheek. It was a reflection of my current romantic life that's not 100% of my own choosing, even if it's partly of my own doing.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:19 pm

I used to think of becoming a Priest, then I found out what it was for ,[Thank God] !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Or their not in me.  

How can it be absurd if that's the way he feels?

Because darling, if you aren’t right on a debate forum, then...ARRRRRGH!

You don’t sleep.

Rolling Eyes

After all, if no one agrees with you, and you simply can’t make them see!!!....then God help you!!! affraid
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2