NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

4 posters

Go down

Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody Empty Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC1hD7k_WTw

Wow

Back to top Go down

Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody Empty Re: Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by gelico Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 pm

meant to mention this yesterday but forgot

didge, played this three times now. me, 'n' beanie 'n' the bossman all agree it is amazing

i know that future shows are in a kind of on hold but thank you so much for this

xxx

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody Empty Re: Got Talent - Beautiful cover of Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:59 pm

gelico wrote:

meant to mention this yesterday but forgot

didge, played this three times now.  me, 'n' beanie 'n' the bossman all agree it is amazing

i know that future shows are in a kind of on hold but thank you so much for this

xxx

You are welcome, it was beautiful Gelico

Her voice is golden

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 pm

For gelico

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:18 pm

This girls is simple incredible. Another great song by Angela

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Wow

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:02 pm

Playing music at the moment but I must come back to this thread and have a listen.

You heard the Beatles mash-up by Walk Off The Earth? Brilliant.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:Playing music at the moment but I must come back to this thread and have a listen.

You heard the Beatles mash-up by Walk Off The Earth? Brilliant.

Seriously Eddie. I have never been so overawed in how outstanding this young girl is in singing. She is 13.

Her voice is simple golden

Do you mean this video Eddie?

Brilliant  Laughing

Bet Ben loves it

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:31 pm

Yep! That one. Yes he does, he’s an ardent Beatles fan.
Drives me mad Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:Yep! That one. Yes he does, he’s an ardent Beatles fan.

lol, have to say I am a Beatles fan too Eddie  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Holy crap. Her vocal control is just crazy and unbelievably brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:48 pm

The Beatles are the greatest rock band and the greatest pop band of all time, bar none. I still laugh thinking about an old debate between me and Didge over whether the best was the Beatles or Elvis. Bit weird for a Brit to be arguing against the Beatles and an American arguing against Elvis Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:The Beatles are the greatest rock band and the greatest pop band of all time, bar none. I still laugh thinking about an old debate between me and Didge over whether the best was the Beatles or Elvis. Bit weird for a Brit to be arguing against the Beatles and an American arguing against Elvis Smile

Elvis is king, that is beyond dispute.... Laughing

Easily better and loved by more people than the Beatles.  I love them, but he was the king of Rock and Roll

Also Queen is better than the Beatles, sorry but that is true

No Beatles can top Freddy Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:58 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Yep! That one. Yes he does, he’s an ardent Beatles fan.

Pfff then you can come visit us and you and Ben can sit and hold hands whilst listening to the Beatles. Rolling Eyes
I’ll just go in another room and call up a girlfriend and discuss nail polish and mascara.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:05 am

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Pfff then you can come visit us and you and Ben can sit and hold hands whilst listening to the Beatles. Rolling Eyes
I’ll just go in another room and call up a girlfriend and discuss nail polish and mascara.

Fuck that, as I love to dance

I would rather go clubbing with the pair of you and dance the night away

How does that sound?   Laughing

In fact I am dancing away now to music, to an old fav by the way  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:16 am

Yeah baby Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 am

eddie wrote:Yeah baby Cool

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:22 am

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:The Beatles are the greatest rock band and the greatest pop band of all time, bar none. I still laugh thinking about an old debate between me and Didge over whether the best was the Beatles or Elvis. Bit weird for a Brit to be arguing against the Beatles and an American arguing against Elvis Smile

Easily better and loved by more people than the Beatles.  I love them, but he was the king of Rock and Roll

Elvis was a hack who didn't even write most of his hits!

Don't know enough about Queen to say whether they were better than the Beatles, but they weren't in any way better than the Beatles Cool Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:28 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Elvis was a hack who didn't even write most of his hits!

Don't know enough about Queen to say whether they were better than the Beatles, but they weren't in any way better than the Beatles Cool Smile

Many even today struggle to sing some of the songs Elvis did. He was an all round performer

Not many could entertain as he did

Best song ever were by Queen and no Beatles songs can tops these mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:31 am

Did you ever see the Beatles do this Ben?  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:38 am

The problem with all of these comparisons is they are not really apples to apples. Elvis was a performer. He didn't write music, he couldn't play instruments well. He wasn't really innovative. He was an attractive man who could sing. The Beatles were writers, gifted musicians (except Ringo) and innovators. They changed music. Then you have folks like Dylan or Willie Nelson. They are very average vocalists (the opposite of Freddie Mercury), who can write lyrics that make the performers look good.

Speaking of Dylan, I love the dude but I couldn't handle his 17 minute song about the JFK assassination he just released. I did read the lyrics though.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 am

I loved Queen. Freddie was a great performer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:44 am

Maddog wrote:The problem with all of these comparisons is they are not really apples to apples. Elvis was a performer. He didn't write music, he couldn't play instruments well. He wasn't really innovative. He was an attractive man who could sing. The Beatles were writers, gifted musicians (except Ringo) and innovators. They changed music. Then you have folks like Dylan or Willie Nelson. They are very average vocalists (the opposite of Freddie Mercury), who can write lyrics that make the performers look good.

Speaking of Dylan, I love the dude but I couldn't handle his 17 minute song about the JFK assassination he just released. I did read the lyrics though.    

But the Beatles would have never happened without Elvis

Those are the facts

Also he could play many instruments and very well

No idea where you get that false belief from mate

Have never liked Bob Dylan, sorry mate

The real person who changed music was Buddy Holly, who very much influenced the beatles

He was influenced by Elvis

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:45 am

eddie wrote:I loved Queen. Freddie was a great performer.

The very best Eddie   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:20 am

Maddog wrote:The problem with all of these comparisons is they are not really apples to apples. Elvis was a performer. He didn't write music, he couldn't play instruments well. He wasn't really innovative. He was an attractive man who could sing. The Beatles were writers, gifted musicians (except Ringo) and innovators. They changed music. Then you have folks like Dylan or Willie Nelson. They are very average vocalists (the opposite of Freddie Mercury), who can write lyrics that make the performers look good.

I love Willie Nelson's voice! Seriously, you call yourself a Texan????

Absolutely haunting. I also prefer his cover of "The Scientist" to the Coldplay original.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:30 am

Thorin wrote:Did you ever see the Beatles do this Ben?  Smile

Doesn't matter, they created the framework that all other pop-rock music operated within for at least the next 30 years after their run. Can't remember whether it was Paul or George who said this, and it doesn't matter, but it was basically that they were the best, and everyone who came after them who were good were doing their own version of the Beatles Cool

Musical genius transcends musical talent. It's deep, emotional. It's about how to strike people right in their souls and make them feel something real. The Beatles not only had that, they were the ones to introduce that mentality and sensibility to rock and roll. You can't get from "Hounddog" (and for that matter, "Do the Twist") to "Bohemian Rhapsody" without the Beatles.

The Beatles were the band not only to innovate within rock, but to have the idea that rock *could* be innovated upon. Every other rock performer is informed by the Beatles in some way and in their shadow.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:36 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:Did you ever see the Beatles do this Ben?  Smile

Doesn't matter, they created the framework that all other pop-rock music operated within for at least the next 30 years after their run. Can't remember whether it was Paul or George who said this, and it doesn't matter, but it was basically that they were the best, and everyone who came after them who were good were doing their own version of the Beatles Cool

Musical genius transcends musical talent. It's deep, emotional. It's about how to strike people right in their souls and make them feel something real. The Beatles not only had that, they were the ones to introduce that mentality and sensibility to rock and roll. You can't get from "Hounddog" (and for that matter, "Do the Twist") to "Bohemian Rhapsody" without the Beatles.

The Beatles were the band not only to innovate within rock, but to have the idea that rock *could* be innovated upon. Every other rock performer is informed by the Beatles in some way and in their shadow.

How could that be possible, when the Beatles themselves were influenced by Buddy Holly and Elvis?

The true Musical genius was Buddy Holly

But yet again you are wrong here in regards to Elvis as well.

How would the Beatles have started without him?

Educating Ben Reilly on MUsic history wrote:

John, Paul, George, and Ringo are four of the most recognizable names in the music world. These four musician masterminds came together to create some of the most well-known, and classic songs that are still praised today. Some of today’s biggest musicians cite The Beatles as being one of their biggest influences. It is difficult to fathom that The Beatles were once the starving artists waiting for their big break while admiring other artist and styles. Three great influences that shaped The Beatles’ music include Buddy Holly, Little Richard, and The one and only King, Elvis Presley. While all three of these musicians impacted The Beatles strongly, Elvis’ style, sound, and all around charisma left a lasting impression on all four of the young, eager members. These iconic artists excited the band, and influenced their music career, which in turn shaped the lives of so many other musical artists.

Buddy Holly had a major impact on The Beatles, right down to the naming of the band. Holly’s band was The Crickets, and the Beatles thought naming a band after an insect was quite smart. Paul McCartney noted that Buddy Holly’s group was unfamiliar with the actual cricket game (Krerowicz, par.1). However, The Beatles were appreciative of the double meaning in the name, and wanted that for themselves. Lennon even reiterated that he wanted a double meaning of their band name, and he liked the idea of using bugs. After playing around with the word cricket and other insects, he came up with beetles. Lennon recalls, “When you said it, people thought of crawly things; and when you read it, it was beat music” (Krerowicz, par. 1). Both Lennon and McCartney were drawn to Buddy Holly and The Cricket’s name, charisma, and infectious sound. Holly was the one that influenced the duo to actually write and perform their own songs in the band (Krerowicz, par. 2). Early on the band performed both covers and originals, but as their popularity grew, they performed originals for the majority. The Beatles played tribute to Holly and The Crickets: “they played a total of at least 13 Buddy Holly songs in live shows” (Krerowicz, par. 2). Buddy Holly played the guitar and performed on stage together, which was not popular during that time for performers to do both on stage (Krerowicz, par. 2). The Beatles aspired to sing and play their instruments on the stage, like Buddy Holly, to capture their audience and show off their talent.

Little Richard was another influence in The Beatles’ musical career. According to Lennon, he was one of the all time greatest musicians (DiCesare, par. 1). McCartney was infatuated with Little Richard’s vocal range, and even tried to impersonate his style during his performances (Krerowicz, par.2). As recalled in the Krerowicz journal, when Paul McCartney auditioned for The Quarrymen he did his Little Richard style vocals, which Lennon was majorly impressed (par. 3). The band even performed various Little Richard tunes on the radio and at concerts. Little Richard’s style can be identified in some of The Beatles’ classic songs, such as McCartney’s ‘woooo’ in “I Saw Her Standing There” (DiCesare, par.2). According to DiCesare, “not many people could wail like Richard…[but with] Paul’s screaming lead vocals, they nailed hits like “Good Golly Miss Molly,” “Tutti-Frutti” and “Lucille”” (par. 5). Little Richard’s influence is definitely noticeable with all The Beatles’ “falsetto ‘wooos’” in their songs (Krerowicz, par. 11). Even though the Little Richard influence greatly affected McCartney, Lennon also interpreted Richard’s style in his 1975 solo album Rock 'n' Roll (Krerowicz, par. 13). Little Richard even went on tour with the group as an opener in Europe of 1964. The flamboyant performer was a huge fan of The Beatles, and most notably said, “I’ve never heard that sound from English musicians before. Honestly, if I hadn’t seen them with my own eyes I’d have thought they were a colored group from back home” (Luling, par. 19). Little Richard’s eclectic style and sound turned out to be an outstanding influence on the band’s sound, especially on Paul McCartney.

While Buddy Holly and Little Richard impacted The Beatles’ career early on, Elvis Presley served as the greatest inspiration to the group from the very beginning in their teenage years. According to John Lennon, “Nothing affected me until I heard Elvis. Without Elvis, there would be no Beatles.” (Elvis Presley Influences, par.5) This was a huge claim spoken by the band’s leader. When talking about Elvis’ Heartbreak Hotel song, Paul recounts, “Elvis looked so great: 'That's him, that's him - the Messiah has arrived!' Then when we heard the song, there was the proof” (Krerowicz, par.1). Elvis Presley “took the musical styles of gospel, rhythm and blues, and country and western and combined them all” to make rock and roll (Kaos, par.1). Presley exuded confidence, sex, and style, which infatuated the up and coming members of the Beatles. With the infamous hair and hips, Elvis was The King of Rock and Roll, and The Beatles dreamed for the fame and fortune. John Lennon was influenced the most by Mr. Presley. Lennon was connected with Elvis on a more personal level: they were both lonely. In Elvis’ classics revolving around his baby leaving him, John felt a connection in Liverpool with the loneliness that Elvis must have been feeling performing his music (Buskin, par. 5). In his teenage years,

John even trashed his old look and mimicked Elvis’s sideburns, hair, and tight pants. (Buskin, par. 9). As Buskin writes, while John Lennon was a difficult child to raise, once Elvis came into his life, his guardian had a lot on her hands. Lennon wanted to be King, just like Elvis, and he was not going to stop until he reached his level. (Buskin). His first love was Presley’s “Heartbreak Hotel.” This tune “opened his eyes to the true power of rock and roll” (Kaos, par. 3). Lennon recalls being sixteen years old, mesmerized by Elvis’ voice and the guitar sound. He would stare out the window, dreaming that one day he would be the next Elvis Presley (Kaos, par. 3). It was ultimately Elvis Presley and his music that encouraged John Lennon to form The Quarrymen and continue his musical career (Yannicos, par. 7). However, while the Quarrymen donned their leather jackets and tough guy look, manager Brian Epstein wanted nothing to do with that look once he signed the four bandmembers. Epstein transformed The Beatles out of their leather look into a more trendy, British rock and roll style (Thompson, par. 3).

The Beatles’ album, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club, is majorly influenced by Elvis Presley. McCartney recounts that they all got ideas about the album from Elvis and his Cadillac (Kaos, par. 4). The Beatles modeled this album and release it the same way Elvis Presley did at this time. They released the album, and did not tour; they decided, “the record itself would go on tour for us” (Kaos, par.4). The Beatles played tribute to The King by playing a total of thirty-one songs during their live shows (Krerowicz, par.2). This amount alone proves how much the four Englishmen admired Elvis and his talents. Even after The Beatles separated, three out of the four of the members covered Elvis’ songs (Krerowicz, par. 18). While Presley’s career is separated into two parts, pre and post army, the band members looked up to him more in his pre army days when he “was young and gorgeous and had a twinkle in his eye,” as stated by Paul (Krerowicz, par. 23). Post-war Elvis returned with a different vibe than what The Beatles fell in awe of.

McCartney recounts him coming back too “tamed” from the war with “the light gone out of his eyes” (Krerowicz, par. 23). The Beatles fell in love with the original Elvis; someone who created this monstrous rock and roll genre, who captivated his crowd of screaming females, and who was this larger than life star. Elvis was the type of musical act that The Beatles wanted to emulate, and eventually exceeded his stardom (Yannicos, par. 10). Lennon stated, “Before Elvis, there was nothing” (Kaos, par. 3).

The Beatles are continuously viewed as an iconic musical ensemble to this day. The band members had many influences that assisted into their climb to stardom. The three that stand out the most are Buddy Holly, Little Richard, and Elvis Presley. Each of these musicians shaped the band’s musical styles in their own, unique way. Buddy Holly and The Crickets influenced the band’s name choice, as well as encouraging the band’s choice when writing and performing their own music. Little Richard’s notable screams and diverse sound played a huge influence to Paul McCartney. However, the most prominent influence for The Beatles was Elvis Presley. Elvis’ fame and persona captivated the Englishmen, and tremendously influenced their style. They played tribute to numerous Elvis songs in concert by covering them. Lennon especially was drawn towards Elvis’ style, and dropped his boyish look for the Presley hairstyle and maturity to go along with it. Elvis also greatly impacted their desire to become a worldwide phenomena. The band members diligently worked to create music that was meaningful to their own lives, and sing it with all the passion they had inside of them. All three of these artists influenced The Beatles to create a recognizable sound for generations to come.

https://www.grin.com/document/367242

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:45 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

I love Willie Nelson's voice! Seriously, you call yourself a Texan????

Absolutely haunting. I also prefer his cover of "The Scientist" to the Coldplay original.

I like his voice. I love his song writing.

Patsy Cline can sing "Crazy" better than him.

I'm not hung up on powerful voices though.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:51 am

Thorin wrote:

Those are the facts

The real person who changed music was Buddy Holly, who very much influenced the beatles

Go figure

I think Chuck Berry had a bigger influence on the Beatles than Elvis.

I don't doubt you don't care for Dylan because lets face it, the dude is a writer, not a singer or performer.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Those are the facts

Go figure

I don't doubt you don't care for Dylan because lets face it, the dude is a writer, not a singer or performer.

Some of Dylan's music is okay, being the fact I played in two orchestras and have grade 8 on the violin, viola and piano and thus recognise talent musically. I do have some sort of idea on this. Its a gift I never had to work at and why my family was so angry I gave this up so young. When I could have gone far. I can even sing, dance as well. It comes with the territory. When you have music within you. Its why I always have a great appreciation of music

I just find him dull to my tastes. He is and was a great writer, and his lyrics are fabulous, Its just the music sometimes down not align

Chuck was influential, but not like buddy and even more elvis

I will post again for you mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:24 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Some of Dylan's music is okay, being the fact I played in two orchestras and have grade 8 on the violin, viola and piano and thus recognise talent musically. I do have some sort of idea on this. Its a gift I never had to work at and why my family was so angry I gave this up so young. When I could have gone far. I can even sing, dance as well. It comes with the territory. When you have music within you. Its why I always have a great appreciation of music

I just find him dull to my tastes. He is and was a great writer, and his lyrics are fabulous, Its just the music sometimes down not align

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-on-chuck-berry-he-was-a-magician-111984/

They had a lot of great influences. It's probably what made them so good.

That and the Beach Boys and Rolling Stones pushing them so hard to stay one step ahead.

And as a Texan, I wonder what would have become of Buddy if he had survived.

I'm an acquaintance of Austin Allsup, who's dad is Tommy. He "won" the coin toss that evening in Iowa, 60 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Allsup
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-on-chuck-berry-he-was-a-magician-111984/

They had a lot of great influences. It's probably what made them so good.

That and the Beach Boys and Rolling Stones pushing them so hard to stay one step ahead.

And as a Texan, I wonder what would have become of Buddy if he had survived.  

I'm an acquaintance of Austin Allsup, who's dad is Tommy. He "won" the coin toss that evening in Iowa, 60 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Allsup  

That is cool mate.

Buddy was a musical genius in my opinion and years ahead of his time. Such a loss of such a great talent so young. I often wonder what more he would have done also

Yeah not disputing there is many influences for the Beatles. Just saying without these, would there have been the Beatles?

Unlikely to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down