NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caroline Flack found dead in her flat

+5
Maddog
Victorismyhero
Tommy Monk
nicko
gelico
9 posters

Go down

Caroline Flack found dead in her flat Empty Caroline Flack found dead in her flat

Post by gelico Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:14 pm

I know nothing about this woman but apparently she was due in court over some domestic violence incident

sad

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Caroline Flack found dead in her flat Empty Re: Caroline Flack found dead in her flat

Post by nicko Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:03 pm

She allegedly threw a Lamp at her Boyfriend, Cutting his face, he called the Police and she was to appear in court !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Caroline Flack found dead in her flat Empty Re: Caroline Flack found dead in her flat

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:56 pm

She was allegedly hounded by the paparazzi, following her assault. Her boyfriend pressed no charges, only the CPS.
The press need to turn down the vitriol, vendettas and personal hate campaigns aimed at 'celebrites',as no one knows what mental state they are in.
For example, if Meghan Markle committed suicide, citing Piers Morgan as her reason, would he be held to account?

Last edited by Brutus on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:42 pm

In a domestic violence incident, the police can press charges without the backing of the victim...

This was brought in because many women are victims who don't want to press charges...

So the same should apply when it is a woman perp and male victim...

I heard a woman on TV yesterday trying to make excuses for her and how it was a show trial and how boyfriend didn't want to press charges and how she was the victim...

I bet she would be saying the opposite if it was a man who beat up a woman...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:01 pm

You almost sound satisfied that a woman has died.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:05 pm

just goes to show how false, shallow and fragile these "celebrities" are......
Perhaps its time the "cult of the celeb " is put away for good
maybe they should be banned from any sort of media exposure outside of their chosen subject and not allowed to push their "opinion" on other subjects about which, in general they know f**K all and is usually just a drum to beat to increase their own ego's? viz that appalling Packham bloke.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Publicity is quite the double edged sword. Celebrities spend their lives saying look at me, look at me. Until they don't want people looking. I try to spend as little time as possible concerning myself with such people.

I think it's unhealthy. I try to concern myself with people that know me.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Brutus wrote:You almost sound satisfied that a woman has died.

I was commenting on the law... and how it applies equally to female perpetrators of demestic violence as it does to male perpetrators...

The only person who made her take her life was her...

I'd never heard of her until I read a small bit about her wrapping a lamp round her boyfriends head, a few months ago... And even then I had no idea who she was... And I haven't read anything since then until I saw the news yesterday about her committing suicide...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Maddog wrote:Publicity is quite the double edged sword. Celebrities spend their lives saying look at me, look at me. Until they don't want people looking. I try to spend as little time as possible concerning myself with such people.

The abusive trolls on social media played some use part in her taking her own life.
I think it will continue to happen to so called celebs, Joe blogs in the street and vulnerable teenagers until laws sbout online abuse are some how made tighter.
I'm not entirely sure how to police trolls who delight in trying to hurt other people because that is restricting freedom of speech but at the same time there is certainly a problem regarding online personal attacks.

It's all very well to say just log off and many have the intelligence to do so. This vulnerable young lady who was in the limelight however as a "celebrity " documented much of her life online and as you say Maddog it can prove unhealthy and Infact detrimental to ones mental health.

Human nature is to blame for Flack's suicide. People can be so vicious when hiding behind their little keyboard that they forget the person they are hurling abuse at has feelings, may not be as tough or strong as they claim to be and these terrible tragedys will continue to result until people learn to simply shut the fcuk up.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Brutus wrote:You almost sound satisfied that a woman has died.

I was commenting on the law... and how it applies equally to female perpetrators of demestic violence as it does to male perpetrators...

The only person who made her take her life was her...

I'd never heard of her until I read a small bit about her wrapping a lamp round her boyfriends head, a few months ago... And even then I had no idea who she was... And I haven't read anything since then until I saw the news yesterday about her committing suicide...

I do like your sig by Orwell Mr Monk.
Tis very true, that sadly enough.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Caroline Flack also dated teenagers when she was in her thirties. Some people may say she’s a paedophile....just saying.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Fluffyx wrote:
Maddog wrote:Publicity is quite the double edged sword. Celebrities spend their lives saying look at me, look at me. Until they don't want people looking. I try to spend as little time as possible concerning myself with such people.

The abusive trolls on social media played some use part in her taking her own life.
I think it will continue to happen  to so called celebs, Joe blogs in the street and vulnerable teenagers until laws sbout online abuse are some how made tighter.
I'm not entirely sure how to police trolls who delight in trying to hurt other people because that is restricting freedom of speech but at the same time there is certainly a problem regarding online personal attacks.

It's all very well to say just log off and many have the intelligence to do so.  This vulnerable young lady who was in the limelight however as a "celebrity " documented much of her life online and as you say Maddog it can prove  unhealthy and Infact detrimental to ones mental health.

Human nature is to blame for Flack's suicide. People can be so vicious when hiding behind  their little keyboard that they forget the person they are hurling abuse at has feelings,  may not be as tough or strong as they claim to be and these terrible tragedys will continue to result until people learn to simply shut the fcuk up.

Hello fluffy, i'm not sure if i've even posted to you before, but Hi

you speak a lot of truths in the bad side of social media

i;ve seen articles where people have committed suicide specifically due to online bullying, harrassment etc.

although i maintain that it's very unlikely that one thing alone would make a person do that. people have fragile mental health for all sorts of reasons but the online abuse would certainly make it a damn sight worse.

I can't agree that human nature is to blame. she clearly had many many people in her personal life who loved her to the moon. she would be well aware of that. eventually the whole thing would have blown over and perhaps she and her lover would have reconciled. sad though it is, it was still her own choice

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Fluffyx wrote:

I think it will continue to happen  to so called celebs, Joe blogs in the street and vulnerable teenagers until laws sbout online abuse are some how made tighter.

It's all very well to say just log off and many have the intelligence to do so.  This vulnerable young lady who was in the limelight however as a "celebrity " documented much of her life online and as you say Maddog it can prove  unhealthy and Infact detrimental to ones mental health.

Human nature is to blame for Flack's suicide. People can be so vicious when hiding behind  their little keyboard that they forget the person they are hurling abuse at has feelings,  may not be as tough or strong as they claim to be and these terrible tragedys will continue to result until people learn to simply shut the fcuk up.

And they elevate people to fame from behind their keyboard.

Fame has always come with a price.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:55 pm

eddie wrote:Caroline Flack also dated teenagers when she was in her thirties. Some people may say she’s a paedophile....just saying.

What do you mean by "teenagers"...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:Caroline Flack also dated teenagers when she was in her thirties. Some people may say she’s a paedophile....just saying.

She was 35 and the boy was 17. He was in a boy band on X Factor and she was the presenter.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

She was 35 and the boy was 17. He was in a boy band on X Factor and she was the presenter.

I just looked into that. Apparently she dated Harry Styles when she was 31 and he 17. That's not paedophilia at all.
It might not be appealing to most of us, but 16 is the legal age of consent, 18 is adulthood by any account. Just because she's (a fair bit) older would not make her a pervert.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:53 pm

He suicide is strange for a Woman, she hung herself. Women usually take an overdose !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I just looked into that. Apparently she dated Harry Styles when she was 31 and he 17. That's not paedophilia at all.
It might not be appealing to most of us, but 16 is the legal age of consent, 18 is adulthood by any account. Just because she's (a fair bit) older would not make her a pervert.

I wouldn’t be happy about a 31 year old male dating my 17 year old daughter, legal age of consent or not, she’d still be a child.
I think it’s a bit yuck.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:44 pm

I'm sure the 17 year old lad was quite happy about it all...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

People always say that, simply because it's a boy. Nobody ever says a 17-year-old girl was quite happy to be pursued by a man old enough to be her father. And I bet that there have been plenty of teen boys who've been weirded out by the attention of an older woman.

When I was 17, I was chased by a 34-year-old woman, and I didn't like it at all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:18 pm

The Styles/Flack thing may have just been a showbiz fake thing for publicity sake...

Also... there are plenty of 17 year old girls who actively chase 30+ year old men...

Going a bit off topic really though...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The Styles/Flack thing may have just been a showbiz fake thing for publicity sake...

Also... there are plenty of 17 year old girls who actively chase 30+ year old men...

Erm no, they had a “relationship”
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

People always say that, simply because it's a boy. Nobody ever says a 17-year-old girl was quite happy to be pursued by a man old enough to be her father. And I bet that there have been plenty of teen boys who've been weirded out by the attention of an older woman.

When I was 17, I was chased by a 34-year-old woman, and I didn't like it at all.

Was she hot?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I wouldn’t be happy about a 31 year old male dating my 17 year old daughter, legal age of consent or not, she’d still be a child.
I think it’s a bit yuck.

The discussion isn't about what we think is a bit yuck. You said she could be considered a paedophile - that's completely wrong.

Would you have felt the same had she been 25, or 20?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:05 am

when my hubby was 17 he went and shacked up with a woman of 30.

by all accounts he had the time of his life for the few months it lasted

Cool

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:22 am

When I was 17, I was seeing a Farmers Daughter, she was 28. I was in Heaven , but so exhausted I joined the Army ,it was much easier !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:42 am

nicko wrote:When I was 17, I was seeing a Farmers Daughter, she was 28. I was in Heaven , but so exhausted I joined the Army ,it was much easier !

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHA lol!

I love you, nicko

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:32 pm

gelico wrote:
Fluffyx wrote:

you speak a  lot of truths in the bad side of social media

i;ve seen articles where people have committed suicide specifically due to online bullying, harrassment etc.

although i maintain that it's very unlikely that one thing alone would make a person do that.  people have fragile mental health for all sorts of reasons but the online abuse would certainly make it a damn sight worse.

I can't agree that human nature is to blame.  she clearly had many many people in her personal life who loved her to the moon.  she would be well aware of that.  eventually the whole thing would have blown over and perhaps she and her lover would have reconciled.  sad though it is, it was still her own choice

Indeed.

I will admit I tried to take my own life when trolling in these forums got terribly toxic. I am stronger now  but I can understand why Flack took her own life because of keyboard trolls.
If someone is vulnerable words can and do hurt.
She had been accused of a crime yet people seemed to have found her guilty before the trial had even begun and was enduring horrible abuse. People get trapped in their minds, they believe the vicious crap that is spouted thoughtlessly even though they may be loved and cared for in real life.
I cannot imagine the hopeless grief of parents whose teenage children have killed themselves due to online abuse. These children couldn't see the spineless cowards for what they were and felt full of self loathing as a result.
I respectfully disagree that this is not human nature. It must be human nature to be unbelievably callous and cruel in an attempt to wound others -or why do so many people ,adults and teenagers alike, behave as they do online?
The cloak of anonymity must justify the outpouring of hate in these trolls minds but for the life of me I cannot relate to this mentality. Crying or Very sad My life will not be improved by making someone else miserable so what's the point?

Nice you meet you btw ! cheers

Last edited by Fluffyx on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got a tad carried away)
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Erm no, they had a “relationship”

I can't agree Flack was in any way a paedophile Eddie as they are attracted to children.
Harry Styles was above the age of consent when they dated, and men often date girls of 17 and 18.
I can't say I would personally find a17 year old attractive physically but I do think k it unfair and not factually correct to call her a peadophile.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Fluffyx wrote:
gelico wrote:

you speak a  lot of truths in the bad side of social media

although i maintain that it's very unlikely that one thing alone would make a person do that.  people have fragile mental health for all sorts of reasons but the online abuse would certainly make it a damn sight worse.

I can't agree that human nature is to blame.  she clearly had many many people in her personal life who loved her to the moon.  she would be well aware of that.  eventually the whole thing would have blown over and perhaps she and her lover would have reconciled.  sad though it is, it was still her own choice

Indeed.
At this moment I'm being trolled and accused of looking like a stroke victim just for the "lols". My father passed away a year ago yesterday and the grief that is causing is difficult enough without being made to feel like a piece of dirt.
I will admit I tried to take my own life when trolling in these forums got terribly toxic. I am strong er now  but I can understand why Flack took her own life because of keyboard trolls.
If someone is vulnerable words can and do hurt. She had been accused of a crime yet people seemed to have found her guilty before the trial had even begun and was enduring horrible abuse.

Hello Fluffy...

I've seen you post from time to time over the years I've been on here and elsewhere... And I've always seen you post intelligently and politely, with a genuine warm and friendly nature, and that you seem well liked by all the other posters who know you better than I do...

Sorry to hear about your fathers passing... and I hope you find the inner strength to come to terms with it all, remember that you need to look after yourself and do the best that you can for making a better future.

And don't give any time or space in your life or in your head, to nasty people!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Fluffyx wrote:

Indeed.
At this moment I'm being trolled and accused of looking like a stroke victim just for the "lols". My father passed away a year ago yesterday and the grief that is causing is difficult enough without being made to feel like a piece of dirt.
I will admit I tried to take my own life when trolling in these forums got terribly toxic. I am strong er now  but I can understand why Flack took her own life because of keyboard trolls.
If someone is vulnerable words can and do hurt. She had been accused of a crime yet people seemed to have found her guilty before the trial had even begun and was enduring horrible abuse.

Hello Fluffy...

I've seen you post from time to time over the years I've been on here and elsewhere... And I've always seen you post intelligently and politely, with a genuine warm and friendly nature, and that you seem well liked by all the other posters who know you better than I do...

Sorry to hear about your fathers passing... and I hope you find the inner strength to come to terms with it all, remember that you need to look after yourself and do the best that you can for making a better future.

Thankyou xx
I did edit the post as I felt I had got too emotional but that was the truth and I thank you for your kindness I love you
It really does mean something.

I always try to treat others as I would like to be treated myself, I'm no angel certainly but I feel it's s good rule to stick by Smile
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Fluffyx wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Hello Fluffy...

Thankyou xx
I did edit the post as I felt I had got too emotional but that was the truth and I thank you for your kindness I love you

I always try to treat others as I would like to be treated myself, I'm no angel certainly but I feel it's s good rule to stick by Smile

No worries...

Was just being honest...

I can edit my above post and remove your quoted bit if you want?

And I agree with the above motto about treating others how you'd like to be treated etc... But you must remember to treat yourself that well too...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:27 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Fluffyx wrote:

Thankyou xx
I did edit the post as I felt I had got too emotional but that  was the truth and I thank you for your kindness I love you

I always try to treat others as I would like to be treated myself,  I'm no angel certainly but I feel it's s good rule to stick by Smile

No worries...

Was just being honest...

I can edit my above post and remove your quoted bit if you want?

And I agree with the above motto about treating others how you'd like to be treated etc... But you must remember to treat yourself that well too...!

Yes thankyou, I just wrote what I really felt, a big no no in forum land lol. What a Face

I do try to treat myself with kindness but I can't help but get upset because I forgot how low people on forums sink and why I left them. The viciousness takes my breath away.

Thankfully it's not like that here relieved but people don't want to talk about news, politics or anything that matter, they just want to troll and insult strangers who have done nothing to them or to warrant it.

Hell is other people as Sartre said. Anyway that's enough of me going on like a right cheery soul king and thanks again x
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down