NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced

4 posters

Go down

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced Empty Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced People-on-the-bus

Forget, for a moment, all the usual benefits of public transportation, like cutting greenhouse gases and reducing traffic. There is a new reason to ride the commuter rails: They provide researchers an excellent laboratory for studying human behavior.

The most recent such study, conducted on several commuter rail platforms in the Boston area, finds that mixing with people of different ethnic backgrounds can influence social acceptance, at first for the worse, but then for the better.

“These things like public transit and the way we build our cities very much affect how we interact with people and how we get along as groups,” said Ryan D. Enos, assistant professor of government at Harvard and author of the study, released Monday. “When we invest in infrastructure, we bring intergroup harmony by encouraging people to interact.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/02/24/harvard-study-focuses-commuter-rail-riders-attitudes-toward-immigrants/Hu4BEiwo4n7LyJsnOCuMEJ/story.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced Empty Re: Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm

you mean we don't have to sit at the back anymore, how things change... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced Empty Re: Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 pm

heavenly father wrote:you mean we don't have to sit at the back anymore, how things change... Smile 

Yes, things changed quite a bit several DECADES ago  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:you mean we don't have to sit at the back anymore, how things change... Smile 

well thank you to my white massers'.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:18 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

well thank you to my white massers'.... Smile 

What?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

HF you're not even black  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:52 pm

not sure about that

i think the passengers on board the twin towers flight or the 7/7 bus and tube would disagree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:52 pm

eddie wrote:HF you're not even black  Rolling Eyes 

being bleck is a state of mind and a lifestyle choice

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

being bleck is a state of mind and a lifestyle choice

True dat.

But I can't see HF being a wigger
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:20 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:not sure about that

i think the passengers on board the twin towers flight or the 7/7 bus and tube would disagree

Because that's how most trips on public transportation end up, yeah.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:47 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:not sure about that

That's the point mongo

9/11 and 7/7 established that nowhere is safe from the Muslim

So when a bus full of people sees a Muslim with massive backpack getting on I don't think the first thought is "oh he is going camping in London"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:22 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

That's the point mongo

9/11 and 7/7 established that nowhere is safe from the Muslim

So when a bus full of people sees a Muslim with massive backpack getting on I don't think the first thought is "oh he is going camping in London"

Smelly not understanding the study again, so what race are Muslims?

In other words how do you tell what faith someone is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 am

To take your stupidity one step further smelly, how could anyone know these 4 dressed in western clothing were terrorists let alone Muslims?

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced July_7,_2005_London_bombings_CCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:54 am

Trust me public transport and working retail eliminate prejudices. You learn to hate everyone equally.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 am

yes I is....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 am

I think smelly beat me to it.

Try typing in to google "racist rant on bus"

Then type in "racist rant on train"

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 am

So there's a photo of a smiling lady sitting behind a black man, which is supposed to show how tolerant she is? The two ladies at the front are not kicking up a fuss about a black man sitting behind them, so they're to be commended as well?

What a silly story, and an even sillier photograph.

What is that blue thing the lady on the left has round her neck?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:So there's a photo of a smiling lady sitting behind a black man, which is supposed to show how tolerant she is? The two ladies at the front are not kicking up a fuss about a black man sitting behind them, so they're to be commended as well?

it's a battery operated fan, I noticed no one is sitting next to the black man... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:58 am

heavenly father wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So there's a photo of a smiling lady sitting behind a black man, which is supposed to show how tolerant she is? The two ladies at the front are not kicking up a fuss about a black man sitting behind them, so they're to be commended as well?

it's a battery operated fan, I noticed no one is sitting next to the black man... Smile 

Ah - cheers.

I think the two ladies at the front are related, so they're sitting together. The lady behind the black man is sitting next to a small dark child but doesn't appear to be with him - she has ear phones in.

Actually, she's probably annoying to sit next to if she has the volume turned up.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Ah - cheers.

I think the two ladies at the front are related, so they're sitting together. The lady behind the black man is sitting next to a small dark child but doesn't appear to be with him - she has ear phones in.

Actually, she's probably annoying to sit next to if she has the volume turned up.  Laughing 

it is annoying when you can part hear someones music... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

heavenly father wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ah - cheers.

Yes, it just sounds like a tinny racket.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

you cannot stop yourself trying to work out what the song actually is though..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:07 am

heavenly father wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

you cannot stop yourself trying to work out what the song actually is though..lol

I know! They should have made her sit at the back.  Razz 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I know - they should turn it up louder so it's nice and clear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:16 am

PhilDidge wrote:To take your stupidity one step further smelly, how could anyone know these 4 dressed in western clothing were terrorists let alone Muslims?

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced July_7,_2005_London_bombings_CCTV

they couldn't

but now any Asian with a backpack will be easily identifiable

cause and effect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:20 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:To take your stupidity one step further smelly, how could anyone know these 4 dressed in western clothing were terrorists let alone Muslims?

they couldn't

cause and effect  

There you have it, so now Asians are stereotyped because one of the bombers here is of African ethnicity.

DOH

You come out with so much crap it is painful to read it is so embarrassing, as daily many people travel on transport and I do not see people get off just because an Asian has a bag over their shoulder. It is people like you that try to instill such fear of others by fallacy associations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:21 am

Study Suggests Riding Public Transport Makes You Less Prejudiced Boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:22 am

Dear me, poor smelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:26 am

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

they couldn't

cause and effect  

There you have it, so now Asians are stereotyped because one of the bombers here is of African ethnicity.

DOH

You come out with so much crap it is painful to read it is so embarrassing, as daily many people travel on transport and I do not see people get off just because an Asian has a bag over their shoulder. It is people like you that try to instill such fear of others by fallacy associations

the people that don't get off will be the ones to get blown up when the day comes

me with all my legs,arms,face and life PLUS my racism and prejudice will be left standing nice and intact on the station waiting for the next train

its not prejudice when its already happened

Last edited by smelly_bandit on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:26 am

he was over heared while try his coat on saying "does my bomb look bit in this"...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:27 am

heavenly father wrote:he was over heared while try his coat on saying "does my bomb look bit in this"...lol

That made no sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down