NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment?

3 posters

Go down

What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment? Empty What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Brendan Cox rightly says MPs on both sides need to dial down the divisive and inflammatory rhetoric. Labour MPs last night launched into an unprovoked co-ordinated attempt to discredit, bamboozle, and disorientate Brexit backing MPs with an extraordinary attempt to change the narrative and avoid scrutiny for the behaviour Parliament has engaged in over the course of the last few years. What sparked it? Nothing was said by Tory MPs that was unusual or extreme last night…

Some tried to mention Geoffrey Cox’s use of the go-to legal leading question example “when did you stop beating your wife?” only for it to be revealed that the MP who attempted to shame him for using it had tweeted the very same phrase in the same context herself.

Guido also looked into the supposed use of the word ‘traitor’ – it has been used 53 times since January 2016, and not once has one MP (let alone a Brexiteer MP) used the word to describe a fellow MP; further, Boris has never used the phrase in all his years as an MP (his only crime last night was saying the words “surrender” and “humbug”). All bar a tiny number of exceptions were in condemnation of the use of the word, with Brexit backing MPs revealing they had been called it too. In one instance even Mark Francois steps in to defend Sir Nicholas Soames saying he should never be called one…

Here is a very brief list of the left’s own ‘vile’ language:

• Liam Byrne said the PM was guilty of treason

• Jess Phillips said she will “knife Corbyn in the front”

• Near universal called of prorogation a “coup”

• Stephen Doughty said the PM has engaged in a betrayal of Britain”

• John McDonnell compared the PM to a “dictator” during WWII

• Ian Blackford accused the PM of “behaving more like a dictator than a democrat”, twice in the same speech

• Jeremy Corbyn alleged the coalition killed 120,000 people

• Diane Abbott called the Tories “cruel and callous”

• David Lammy said Leavers behaved like Nazis, then doubling down saying the comparison wasn’t strong enough

• John McDonnell fantasised about killing Margaret Thatcher

• John McDonnell’s famous “lynch the b*tch” comments on Esther McVey

• John McDonnell accused the Tories of ‘social murder‘

• John McDonnell wanted to garrot Danny Alexander

• John McDonnell said Blair’s Heathrow policy was “a betrayal of this house and democracy

• Ed Davey called for a remain alliance in Uxbridge to decapitate Boris

• Ian Blackford was accused of “agressive” behaviour towards Charles Kennedy during the 2015 election in a note to the police

• Corbyn’s own hard-left leadership has led to his own MPs being called “traitors”, “Blairite scum” and “Tory stooges” innumerable times

• Ian Lavery, the Chairman of the Labour Party, led a Trump-esque chant of “lock him up” about Boris at conference

• Lloyd Russell-Moyle shouted “These Tories are dirty, dirty, chaos-mongering people that we will sweep out of this country

• Rebecca Long-Bailey called for a “Revolution

• Every year at their party conference the Shadow Cabinet sing the Red Flag, which includes the lyrics “though cowards flinch and traitors sneer

https://order-order.com/2019/09/26/left-needs-dial-abusive-language/

Back to top Go down

What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment? Empty Re: What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment?

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:16 pm

I've been on holiday for the past couple of weeks but I made a point of watching the entire coverage of the exchanges in Parliament following Johnson's return from New York and I can honestly say that I have never heard such utter cant and hypocrisy as I heard during those three or four hours.

It is not the first time that Jess Phillips - and other Labour MPs and supporters - have cynically invoked the tragedy of Jo Cox's murder in a blatant attempt directly to associate Tories with the knuckle-dragging ultra Right untermensch from...what was it, Britain First? ...who killed her.

I'm not surprised that Johnson reacted as he did, and if he had said that the best way of honoring the memory of Jo Cox would be to bring to an end the hatred and vitriol that the Brexit debate has caused...which is what I truly believe he meant...then who, in the name of God, could complain at that?

On this occasion he was uncharacteristically clumsy with his words, but I imagine that few of us would have been linguistically immaculate after his punishing diary schedule.

And as to all this sanctimonious garbage about Johnson's reference to the "Ben Act" as the "Surrender Act" words fail me (well, almost!). Every bloody party in opposition throughout the long history of Parliament has invented perjorative names for legislation imposed by ruling governments..."Poll tax" was never a poll tax and "bedroom tax" was never a bedroom tax to name but two recent examples.

Johnson believes that the non-governmental Benn Act is a capitulation to the European Union...and I damn well agree with him.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment? Empty Re: What is all this bullshit about language that has people outraged in Parliment?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:26 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I've been on holiday for the past couple of weeks but I made a point of watching the entire coverage of the exchanges in Parliament following Johnson's return from New York and I can honestly say that I have never heard such utter cant and hypocrisy as I heard during those three or four hours.

It is not the first time that Jess Phillips - and other Labour MPs and supporters - have  cynically invoked the tragedy of Jo Cox's murder in a blatant attempt directly to associate Tories with the knuckle-dragging ultra Right untermensch from...what was it, Britain First? ...who killed her.

I'm not surprised that Johnson reacted as he did, and if he had said that the best way of honoring the memory of Jo Cox would be to bring to an end the hatred and vitriol that the Brexit debate has caused...which is what I truly believe he meant...then who, in the name of God, could complain at that?

On this occasion he was uncharacteristically clumsy with his words, but I imagine that few of us would have been linguistically immaculate after his punishing diary schedule.

And as to all this sanctimonious garbage about Johnson's reference to the "Ben Act" as the "Surrender Act" words fail me (well, almost!). Every bloody party in opposition throughout the long history of Parliament has invented perjorative names for legislation imposed by ruling governments..."Poll tax" was never a poll tax and "bedroom tax" was never a bedroom tax to name but two recent examples.

Johnson believes that the non-governmental Benn Act is a capitulation to the European Union...and I damn well agree with him.    

+1

Fair points Fred, its just annoys me the hypocrisy of Labour with all of this. When they tend to be far worse with what they say.

From the recent polls, the tories could win with a landslide and why the other parties are doing everything to avoid an election.

I have never witnessed a time like this when the minority parties are litterally controlling Governement over the rulling party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh and hope you had a lovely holiday Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Have another Green Fred !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 pm

But then again, one only has to peruse the pages of this erstwhile establishment to see just who are the insult throwers and the users of pejorative and inflammatory language..
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:36 am

Wouldn't be the Labour Party would it ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:29 am

nicko wrote:Wouldn't be the Labour Party would it ?

The Scottish Nats were almost as bad in the debate and the Lib Dems who, sadly appear to be neither Liberal nor democratic any more, also have their fair share of verbal abusers.

Immeasurable harm has been done to this country this past week and it's time that all politicians accept to what to all too many of them is the unacceptable - that the electorate, and not themselves, are the masters.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down