NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for'

2 posters

Go down

Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for' Empty Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for'

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for' _73206930_73206929

Harriet Harman has said she "regrets" a civil liberties group she once worked for had links to pro-paedophile campaigners in the 1970s but insisted she had "nothing to apologise for".

The National Council for Civil Liberties granted "affiliate" status to the Paedophile Information Exchange.

The Daily Mail has urged the deputy Labour leader to explain this link.

But Ms Harman has accused the newspaper of "smear and innuendo" and said it "should be apologising".

From 1978 to 1982 Ms Harman was legal officer at the National Council for Civil Liberties, which was the predecessor to campaign group Liberty.

The Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) - a group that spoke positively about adults attracted to children - was granted affiliate status with the National Council for Civil Liberties in 1975.

'Vile organisation'

In a TV interview, Ms Harman said: "I'm not going to apologise because I've got nothing to apologise for.

"I very much regret that this vile organisation, PIE, ever existed and that it ever had anything to do with NCCL, but it did not affect my work at NCCL."

She added: "They had been pushed to the margins before I actually went to NCCL and to allege that I was involved in collusion with paedophilia or apologising for paedophilia is quite wrong and is a smear.

"It is actually not me that should be apologising for something that I haven't done. It is the Daily Mail that should be apologising for their smear and innuendo."

Appearing on BBC Two's Newsnight on Monday, she repeatedly sidestepped questions about whether it had been a mistake to allow the Paedophile Information Exchange to be affiliated to the civil liberties group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26333558
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for' Empty Re: Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for'

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Already a couple of threads about it Ben, but people keep posting in the wrong section so I can only find one:

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/t2769-daily-mail-smear-campaign

Back to top Go down

Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for' Empty Re: Harman 'Regrets' PIE scandal, but says 'I have nothing to apologize for'

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm

As for not affecting her work - NCCL who she worked for was campaigning for lowering of the age of consent just before she joined - would you join an organization like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm

sphinx wrote:As for not affecting her work - NCCL who she worked for was campaigning for lowering of the age of consent just before she joined - would you join an organization like that?

Also she seems to think that PIE being 'pushed to the margins'
makes it ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Unbelievable. The bare faced arrogance. She could have said I was naive then instead she toughs it out. Keep it up Labours deputy PM a Paedo apologiser.

Ben we call her Harperson gender stereotyping through names is not PC according to her. Now letting Paedo support groups join the NCCL that's OK.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Tess. wrote:Already a couple of threads about it Ben, but people keep posting in the wrong section so I can only find one:

Yeah, the latest I saw said the BBC is ignoring it and that nobody's commented on it who was involved. This seems to undercut both ideas.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Tess. wrote:Already a couple of threads about it Ben, but people keep posting in the wrong section so I can only find one:

Yeah, the latest I saw said the BBC is ignoring it and that nobody's commented on it who was involved. This seems to undercut both ideas.

This will run and run. Harman is toast or if she survives and I really hope she does Labour will have tremendous problems. It is the epitomy of the Liberal left coming unstuck supporting ludicrous ideas and frankly dangerous people in the name of free speech.

This woman has been a self proclaimed PC zealot all her career. Bring it on Harriet bring it on yourself.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/

This is good.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:16 am

Fred Bloggs wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

This will run and run. Harman is toast or if she survives and I really hope she does Labour will have tremendous problems. It is the epitomy of the Liberal left coming unstuck supporting ludicrous ideas and frankly dangerous people in the name of free speech.

This woman has been a self proclaimed PC zealot all her career. Bring it on Harriet bring it on yourself.

Have to say I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:33 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10662047/Harman-did-not-want-to-rock-the-boat-over-links-to-child-sex-group.html

This might change the balance. |Her career was more important than protecting children.

Interesting the woman who was holier than thou was a female Francis Urqhart. Still Irn Bru if you are still the same chap as all those years ago you'll defend Hitler if he was heading up the Labour Party.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down