NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transgender row stoked by new findings

3 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Transgender row stoked by new findings Empty Transgender row stoked by new findings

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:25 am

Testosterone suppression for transgender women has little effect on reducing muscle strength even after a year of treatment, according to new findings. Researchers say the findings could have important implications for transgender athletes in female sport.

Most sports governing bodies, including the International Olympic Committee, now have policies saying transwomen must take testosterone blockers for at least a year before they can compete at elite level.

But findings by the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, to be published this year, have shown the effect of the hormone treatment in relation to reducing leg muscle strength, is almost neglible for men who transition to become women.

That could be significant in sporting terms because it indicates the physical advantages of biological males are maintained even after transitioning and after hormone therapy to reduce testosterone levels.

Women’s rights groups have claimed for some time that trans women have an unfair physical advantage in some female sports.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/transgender-row-stoked-by-new-findings-3pwxjqqrp

This was a no brainer and it was obvious that Politics was driving the policies to include Transwomen to compete against biological women.
If things are not changed by the powers that be. It will show they are throwing biological women under the bus.

Back to top Go down

Transgender row stoked by new findings Empty Re: Transgender row stoked by new findings

Post by eddie Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:06 am

What’s the answer then? Having a whole section within sports specifically for transgender people?

I don’t know what the answer is.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Transgender row stoked by new findings Empty Re: Transgender row stoked by new findings

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:16 am

eddie wrote:What’s the answer then? Having a whole section within sports specifically for transgender people?

I don’t know what the answer is.

No need for transmen, as they have no advantage. They can compete alongside men
With transwomen. Unless they have not gone through male puberty. I doubt there is going to be many catgeories they can compete fairly in with women. Even then I think its wrong to place kids on puperty blockers.

I am sure some sports will not have an advantage over biological women like Table tennis for example

Some are proposing new ways to tackle this, but the fairest way would be as it should be to segregate based on sex and not gender.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190723092111.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:08 am

You want to be a Man ? compete with Men then !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 am

I've said before, sad as it is, if you are Trans then by all means be the gender you identify as, I'll fully support your right to do so.

But just like I, as a gay man, cannot have children the usual way; they, as trans people, cannot compete is sports with non-trans people. It sucks, but that's how it has to be.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:26 pm

Eilzel wrote:I've said before, sad as it is, if you are Trans then by all means be the gender you identify as, I'll fully support your right to do so.

But just like I, as a gay man, cannot have children the usual way; they, as trans people, cannot compete is sports with non-trans people. It sucks, but that's how it has to be.

I agree with your post Les. It does suck actually. What do you think the answer might be? Seems unfair to all if there’s no resolution.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down