NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide

+8
Syl
Maddog
Raggamuffin
JulesV
'Wolfie
Andy
Original Quill
gelico
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Empty Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide

Post by gelico Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Or was he suicided by a clinton stooge

apparently there is documentation involving clinton on epsteins pedo island

not only did he abuse young girls but he knew far too much about other people to be allowed to live

Cool

https://www.rt.com/usa/466232-jeffrey-epstein-committed-suicide/

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Epstein was under suicide watch from a prior attempt at suicide.  That much is a matter of prison record.

Now, how/who could order the guards away from the watch?  That's a question that's going to have to be answered.
But US media report that he was not on suicide watch at the time of his death.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49306032

It's the first thing they checked.  ABC and NBC said he was under watch.

For the sake of argument, if he wasn't under watch...who called the guards off?  That's almost more problematical. It is mandatory in federal prisons.  That means orders from higher up!

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I certainly think you are

I'm just going with Barr.

I think some serious questions need to be answered.

He tried to kill himself a few weeks ago. He failed.

Names of some of the most powerful people in the US get released yesterday.

Then he succeeds in killing himself when he should be, or was under very close watch.  

Nothing odd there.  Move along.  

You ere right there is nothing odd here, the sex abuser killed himself

So what questions need to be raised?

That he should have been on suicide watch?

Glad the fucker is dead

He was scum

You mean some names have been made with allegations of powerful people

Yeah we have dealth with something similar in the Uk and then found out the accuser made this all up

Its been quoite a national story

Hence I keep an open mind

Laters and hence how about you move on

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Who told the guards to look the other way? By law, he should have been watched. Who has that much pull, that the orders were countermanded.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:Who told the guards to look the other way?  By law, he should have been watched.  Who has that much pull, that the orders were countermanded.

The institution’s chief psychologist and Warden to take him off suicide watch. They are the only people who did so

Yes they need to explain why

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

I simply can't agree with those who are glad he's dead. He hadn't even been tried yet, and suicide is never a matter to be pleased about.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I simply can't agree with those who are glad he's dead. He hadn't even been tried yet, and suicide is never a matter to be pleased about.

He has admitted to previous offenses already and been convicted, before this case. The man is a sick fuck and very glad the sick fuck is dead

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm

How did he strangle himself, if he had no cord?
Or cut himself until he bled out if he had no blade?

There aren't that many ways yo kill yourself in a barren room stripped of anything you could injure yourself with.
You have to have McGyver like creativity.
Perhaps he saved up his 3 orgasms and drowned in his own ejaculate.
I am not bothered by his death, but I AM bothered when it is eminently convenient for those implicated in the scandal.
It raises the question, were THEY involved in some way?

Last edited by Andy on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Epstei10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:14 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Who told the guards to look the other way?  By law, he should have been watched.  Who has that much pull, that the orders were countermanded.

The institution’s chief psychologist and Warden to take him off suicide watch. They are the only people who did so

Yes they need to explain why

On whose orders? Who jeopardizes their job like that. Mighta been a lot of money changing hands. I still want to know who paid the money.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Hillar10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Maddog wrote:Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Epstei10

Yeah really. How does one kill themselves when one is on suicide watch? Rolling Eyes
Story stinks. He was probably offed because he was going to name some people... that makes far more sense to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:

Yeah really. How does one kill themselves when one is on suicide watch? Rolling Eyes
Story stinks. He was probably offed because he was going to name some people... that makes far more sense to me.

I guess you bang your head into the wall?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I simply can't agree with those who are glad he's dead. He hadn't even been tried yet, and suicide is never a matter to be pleased about.

He has admitted to previous offenses already and been convicted, before this case. The man is a sick fuck and very glad the sick fuck is dead

That's up to you, but I think it's horrible to be pleased that someone killed themselves.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

I guess you bang your head into the wall?

Yes I guess so. I’m sure we will hear some cock and bullshit story and it will be swallowed by the masses.
As you say, nothing to see here, move along.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:20 pm

eddie wrote:Yes I guess so. I’m sure we will hear some cock and bullshit story and it will be swallowed by the masses.

Right. Remember the Kennedy assassination?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes I guess so. I’m sure we will hear some cock and bullshit story and it will be swallowed by the masses.

Right.  Remember the Kennedy assassination?

She's not old enough to remember it.

No doubt you were there. Probably on the grassy knoll studying for your doctorate in botany.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:32 pm

The criminal case against him is now closed. No doubt there will be a civil case against his estate. No doubt the estate will offer large pay offs to keep people quiet. No doubt these people will take the money and run (beats committing suicide eh?). I guess you could try to bring up criminal charges against the folks being named in the charges against Epstein, but the star witness is dead. Now it's just he said, she said.

Lot of folks breathing a sigh of relief today.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No doubt you were there. Probably on the grassy knoll studying for your doctorate in botany.  

I remember it. It was before both of my doctorates. I was working for North American Aviation in Los Angeles. I heard the news over lunch.

The grassy knoll came later. At the time the joke was the Dallas PD. One joke:

1st guy: Hey, didn't they hear the herd of elephants coming over the hill?

2nd guy: No, it's was the Dallas Police.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:45 pm

You're older than I thought then Quill. I was just 4, so I don't remember it.

I was watching a You Tube about this theory that one of the secret service men in the car behind shot him by accident. Is that likely?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Maddog wrote:The criminal case against him is now closed. No doubt there will be a civil case against his estate. No doubt the estate will offer large pay offs to keep people quiet. No doubt these people will take the money and run (beats committing suicide eh?). I guess you could try to bring up criminal charges against the folks being named in the charges against Epstein, but the star witness is dead. Now it's just he said, she said.

Lot of folks breathing a sigh of relief today.    

Same old story then. Nothing to see etc
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm not glad he's dead, but only because of all the sordid secrets that died with him. Justice was thwarted.

As far as whether he was killed, that seems far more likely than someone managing to kill himself while on suicide watch. I'm sure it's possible to kill yourself on suicide watch, but it seems highly improbable.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You're older than I thought then Quill. I was just 4, so I don't remember it.

I was watching a You Tube about this theory that one of the secret service men in the car behind shot him by accident. Is that likely?

Not likely from behind at the same level. He was shot at a high angle from the Book Depository Building. The second shooter on the knoll is being denied, so of course they would cover up any second wound.

None of us saw the body afterwards. So they can write down anything they want. That's the problem with these government cases. All the tapes erased. All documents removed. Nada...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 pm

https://yonkerstimes.com/dirty-westchester-ex-cop-is-epsteins-cell-mate/

I can't post this on my Facebook. Don't know why. I'm posting it here because I think it's being taken down as we speak.

It's a 5 day old story, that sheds a great deal of light.

By Dan Murphy

The sad story of jailed pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who has been charged by U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York for sex trafficking and faces up to 45 years in prison – a lifetime gig for someone 66 years old – now has another connection to Westchester County. Last month we reported that noted attorney and Westchester resident David Boies had taken the cases of several alleged victims of Epstein.

Recent reports about Epstein’s injuries while an inmate at the Manhattan Correctional Center include one inmate who said he found Epstein lying on the floor with bruises to his neck. That inmate was former Mt. Vernon and Briarcliff Manor cop Nicholas Tartaglione.

To call Tartaglione a disgraced former police officer is an understatement. After leaving the Briarcliff Police Department on a disability pension, and after being suspended for three years after lying about a drunk driving case, Tartaglione was charged in 2016 with killing four men in Orange County, in what was characterized as a drug deal gone bad.

We’ll get to more on Tartaglione and the laundry list of allegations and lawsuits against him while a cop later in this story.

Epstein was found with marks around his neck late last month when his cellmate, Tartaglione, found him and alerted corrections officers. A prison investigation has yet to determine if Epstein attempted suicide or was assaulted, but one law enforcement source believes it was suicide.

“Epstein is on suicide watch. You don’t go on suicide watch if you’ve been assaulted, do you?” asked our source. “You’ve got a guy who is a millionaire who is now living among rats and mold and wants to go home.”

Initially, Tartaglione was identified by the New York City media as someone who may have assaulted Epstein. That claim was loudly denied by Tartaglione’s attorney Bruce Barket, who said that Tartaglione did not harm Epstein, but instead intervened in an attempt to save his life, adding, “In the short time they were together, they became friends.”

Tartaglione’s lengthy and crime-filled career, both while a police officer and after, includes:

In December 2016, Tartaglione was arrested for the murders of four Hispanic men in the Likquid Lounge bar in Chester, owned by Tartaglione’s brother. The day after his arrest, the bodies of the four missing men were found buried on property that Tartaglione had rented in Otisville, Orange County.

Tartaglione was charged with conspiracy to purchase 5 kilograms of cocaine in a drug deal that went bad and ended up with four men dead or missing. Federal prosecutors and the Federal Bureau of Investigations believe that only one of the men killed, Martin Luna, was involved in drug deals with Tartaglione, and the other three men were not involved but were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tartaglione has pled not guilty to all of the charges, but earlier this year prosecutors said they will seek the death penalty against him, and last month, corrections officers found an illegal cell phone in Tartaglione’s prison cell. He remains in jail until his trial and verdict.

Attorneys for the woman that have accused Epstein of sexually abusing them as underage teenagers commented. “We want him to stay alive to face the justice and accountability which is so long overdue,” said attorney Lisa Bloom. “And it’s coming.”

“We want him to be forced to face a jury and respond to the serious charges that he is facing,” added attorney Gloria Allred. “Justice for victims whose young lives he has impacted is long overdue.”

Epstein was recently denied bail pending his trial, after the FBI found a fake passport and piles of cash and diamonds stashed in the safe at his NYC home. U.S. District Judge Richard Berman cited risk of flight and danger to the community in his decision against Epstein, a registered sex offender and private island owner who faces new federal charges of exploiting dozens of underage girls in New York and Florida in the early 2000s.

Some believe Epstein tried to take his own life after the decision that will force him to remain behind bars until his trial,

Epstein and Tartaglione bunked together in prison for two weeks. Both men are facing life in prison with no chance for parole. The Special Housing Unit wing of the MCC where both were staying has no windows and is infested with rodents, insects and has standing water, according to a complaint about the living conditions in the MCC by Tartaglione.

Tartaglione was in the SHU because corrections officers found a cell phone in his cell. Another disturbing incident reported by Tartaglione’s attorney, who stated in federal court, “About a week ago, (Tartaglione) woke up, got up, looked down at his cot, and apparently he smothered, unbeknownst to him, a rodent that was dead on his cot.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jason Swergold said at the hearing that MCC staff wondered whether the rat was a Godfather-style warning and had “concerns that it was put there by a cell mate, perhaps as some kind of message.” Tartaglione has complained about conditions at the jail for years since being arrested in 2016. He has pleaded for books to read and batteries for a radio in the SHU, but claims that corrections officers told him to ‘stop complaining or it’s gonna get worse.”

Barket called Tartaglione’s living conditions “borderline torture,” saying he has no way of knowing what time of day it is and can’t concentrate. In addition to Epstein, the MCC recently had another famous inmate – Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

Years ago, this reporter lived in the Village of Briarcliff Manor at the same time Tartaglione was a police officer with Briarcliff Manor P.D. One of the local public access channels featured an odd host of his own show. His name was Clay Tiffany.

Tiffany enjoyed taking the local government to task and suing them for violating his First Amendment rights on a few occasions. Westchester’s The Devil You Know of reporting, Phil Reisman, wrote about Tiffany in 2015 calling him a “crank” and someone with “a persecution complex.”

While I usually enjoy and appreciate Reisman, I didn’t agree with his characterization of Tiffany, who I believed to be a strange, yes, but honest Briarcliff resident looking out for the public’s good and was, overall, no harm to anyone.

After talking about Tartaglione again and again on his cable access show, Tiffany was beaten almost to death by Tartaglione on the shores of the Hudson River after taking a swim in 1999. While Tartaglione was never charged nor found guilty of a crime, which was the motivation for many of the accusations and charges made against him as a cop in Mt. Vernon and Pawling, Tartaglione settled out of court with Tiffany for $200,000 and the village for $1 million.

Reisman said Tiffany had an “acute sense of victimhood” and that as a result of his successful lawsuits “had bought a winning scratch-off lottery ticket.”

While the U.S. Attorney’s Office investigated and found there was not enough evidence to charge Tartaglione with a civil rights violation, he was suspended from the Briarcliff P.D. for three years and was fired in 2009 – the same year he beat Tiffany to near death. Eventually, Tartaglione sued and was put back on the job, winning more than $300,000 in back pay in 2003, and retired on disability in 2008.

Tartaglione was the target of an FBI civil rights investigation for physically abusing several people, including public access television host Tiffany. The town settled with the now-deceased Tiffany for $1 million.

While 99 percent of our police officers are good men and women living and upholding our laws, Tartaglione was a bad apple who caused a lot of people a lot of harm. Now he claims he helped corrections officers save Epstein. Can anything this guy says be considered the truth?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm not glad he's dead, but only because of all the sordid secrets that died with him. Justice was thwarted.

As far as whether he was killed, that seems far more likely than someone managing to kill himself while on suicide watch. I'm sure it's possible to kill yourself on suicide watch, but it seems highly improbable.

I totally agree. Glad you see how odd it is.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I'm not glad he's dead, but only because of all the sordid secrets that died with him. Justice was thwarted.

Just read somewhere else that a lawyer representing some of Epstein's victims warned on Twitter just a few weeks ago that Epstein would likely be killed in prison.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Just read somewhere else that a lawyer representing some of Epstein's victims warned on Twitter just a few weeks ago that Epstein would likely be killed in prison.

Whatever. Hearsay etc. The story simply sucks as it stands.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

How would he know?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:55 pm

He was not on suicide watch and people can kill themselves when on sucide watch

What needs answering is why he was taken off suicide watch

One thing though. Both the left and right are equally up in arms over this. The left claiming a Trump conspiracy and the Right claiming a Clinton conspiracy. Where in reality both those sides proposing this will be inherantly wrong. There is no doubt some powerful or rich people were involved with Epstein's in sexual abuse but I get bored with muppets on the left and right trying to use this as leverage against trump and the Clintons. It shows they do not give a flying fuck about the victims and are only using them to score political points

Frankly such people are complete cretins and conspiracy loons

In the end it will come out who was involved

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I remember it.  It was before both of my doctorates.  I was working for North American Aviation in Los Angeles.  I heard the news over lunch.

The grassy knoll came later.  At the time the joke was the Dallas PD.  One joke:

1st guy:  Hey, didn't they hear the herd of elephants coming over the hill?

2nd guy:  No, it's was the Dallas Police.

Quill, according to your avi you weren't even born when Kennedy was asassinated. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:39 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I remember it.  It was before both of my doctorates.  I was working for North American Aviation in Los Angeles.  I heard the news over lunch.

The grassy knoll came later.  At the time the joke was the Dallas PD.  One joke:

Quill, according to your avi you weren't even born when Kennedy was asassinated. scratch

According to Doctor Mittys Avi, he's younger than me.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:47 am

phildidge wrote:

He was not on suicide watch and people can kill theJeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Fb_img24
Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Fb_img24
mselves when on sucide watch

What needs answering is why he was taken off suicide watch

One thing though. Both the left and right are equally up in arms over this. The left claiming a Trump conspiracy and the Right claiming a Clinton conspiracy. Where in reality both those sides proposing this will be inherantly wrong. There is no doubt some powerful or rich people were involved with Epstein's in sexual abuse but I get bored with muppets on the left and right trying to use this as leverage against trump and the Clintons. It shows they do not give a flying fuck about the victims and are only using them to score political points

Frankly such people are complete cretins and conspiracy loons

In the end it will come out who was involved

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell - suicide - Page 2 Fb_img24
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 am

Christine Tartaro, a professor of criminal justice at Stockton University in New Jersey, said that while Epstein’s death raises concerns about how he was handled behind bars, inmate suicides are common in pre-trial facilities.

“They are the leading cause of deaths in jails,” said Tartaro, the author of Suicide and Self-Farm in Prisons and Jails.

Even the fact that Epstein had previously been on suicide watch, then moved off of it, is not unusual in jail settings, said Tartaro. Without access to Epstein’s psychological assessments, it’s impossible to know if his case was handled properly, she said.

“The point of suicide watch is to get them through the initial suicide crisis, and then to work on helping the inmate navigate the correctional environment without attempting suicide,” Tartaro said. “There are situations in which the inmate will feel better, and then regress and become suicidal again.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article233743337.html

https://news.sky.com/story/sex-offender-jeffrey-epstein-kills-himself-in-prison-us-media-reports-11781863

It seems he hung himself and the Us is going to continue to investigate the case

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Exactly. Either his profile is wrong and he's in his late 70s or he wasn't working for North American Aviation in 1963. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 am

Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide in prison on Saturday has launched new conspiracy theories online in a saga that has provided fodder for them for years.

Fuelled by Epstein’s ties to princes, politicians and other famous and powerful people, online theorists quickly offered unsubstantiated speculation - including some retweeted by President Donald Trump - that Epstein’s death wasn’t a suicide, or it was faked.

That chatter picked up on the conjecture that resurged after Epstein’s July 6 arrest on allegations that he orchestrated a sex-trafficking ring designed to bring him teenage girls. Some of his accusers have described being sexually abused by the wealthy financier’s friends and acquaintances.

The combination created fertile ground for theories and misinformation to breed on social media.

Epstein, 66, had been denied bail and faced up to 45 years behind bars on federal sex trafficking and conspiracy charges unsealed last month. He had pleaded not guilty and was awaiting trial next year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/11/donald-trump-fuels-conspiracy-theories-jeffrey-epsteins-apparent/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Exactly. Either his profile is wrong and he's in his late 70s or he wasn't working for North American Aviation in 1963. Laughing

I doubt he forgot where he was working, I think it's one of those events in life when everyone who was old enough remembers what they were doing when they heard the news.
I know I was a schoolkid and as soon as I came home from school the news was on....the black and white footage of the people running and lying on the grass...(as Maddog said the grassy knoll) it's ingrained in my memory bank.

Same when the news of Elvis's death broke.
Reginald Bosenquet announced it out on the 10 o clock news...I was ironing at the time.
But I digress....sorry.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Did you talk to the avi, Syl? He hasn't talked to me in a decade. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:05 pm

You weren't born in 1965 then Quill - more like 1940. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:08 pm

phildidge wrote:Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide in prison on Saturday has launched new conspiracy theories online in a saga that has provided fodder for them for years.

Fuelled by Epstein’s ties to princes, politicians and other famous and powerful people, online theorists quickly offered unsubstantiated speculation - including some retweeted by President Donald Trump - that Epstein’s death wasn’t a suicide, or it was faked.

That chatter picked up on the conjecture that resurged after Epstein’s July 6 arrest on allegations that he orchestrated a sex-trafficking ring designed to bring him teenage girls. Some of his accusers have described being sexually abused by the wealthy financier’s friends and acquaintances.

The combination created fertile ground for theories and misinformation to breed on social media.

Epstein, 66, had been denied bail and faced up to 45 years behind bars on federal sex trafficking and conspiracy charges unsealed last month. He had pleaded not guilty and was awaiting trial next year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/11/donald-trump-fuels-conspiracy-theories-jeffrey-epsteins-apparent/

It's also fueled some pretty good memes. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:09 pm

I wonder how many suicides committed in jail have been investigated by the FBI?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Maddog wrote:One thing though. Both the left and right are equally up in arms over this. The left claiming a Trump conspiracy and the Right claiming a Clinton conspiracy. Where in reality both those sides proposing this will be inherantly wrong. There is no doubt some powerful or rich people were involved with Epstein's in sexual abuse but I get bored with muppets on the left and right trying to use this as leverage against trump and the Clintons. It shows they do not give a flying fuck about the victims and are only using them to score political points

This is proof positive that there is no law in the United States.  What Trump has taught us is, the the most heinous things can go on right under the public's nose.  Put out a story, any story--Sandra Bland committed suicide in jail, and/or, Jeffery Epstein committed suicide in jail--and there's always some fools that will fall for it.

If you are one of the more discerning people whose instincts say skepticism, however, please take heart.  The US Attorney for the Southern District of New York has alleged a conspiracy in the criminal indictment against Epstein.  In order for there to be a conspiracy, there must be others with whom the perp conspired.  (Those who didn't learn that from the Mueller investigation, here is is again!) So the case is continuing.

Now, as a prosecutor I learned the key to any investigation is motive and opportunity.  Follow those two pathes first.  We know a lot of people had the motive, Mitchell and Prince Andrew among them.  So many in fact, it doesn't help to dive into that rabbit hole.

So now, turn your attention to opportunity.  Hummm... hummm... who had the opportunity to kill Epstein.  Who had the motive and controlled the facility that Epstein was killed in?  Who had the motive and controlled the men who were guarding Epstein?  Who could act with impunity, and controlled the access?  Who indeed…

Now, of course, wiser people that you or I, have anticipated this and invented alternative excuses.  The best alternative excuse is one that can't talk back: suicide.   With Sandra Bland, as well as Epstein, that is the first wave of bull dust that is thrown up.  Oh, nobody did it; the fool did it himself!

But when there is too much residual bull dust, the questions persist.  But, the means exists for someone to keep on looking.  This is a conspiracy indictment.

Unfortunately, my prime suspect is immune from prosecution.  A president is above the law in the United States.  Organized crime has penetrated the highest levels of moral authority in the United States.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Did you talk to the avi, Syl?  He hasn't talked to me in a decade.  Razz

Maybe he needs updating quill...but it is a good photo of you, so I would keep that. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm

I wonder if Ghislaine Maxwell is worried??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Syl wrote:I wonder if Ghislaine Maxwell is worried??

I would say that she is next on the list.  She's at the hub of the wheel, and knows practically everything that Jeffery knew.  I wouldn't give odds on her life...as long as she remains in a US controlled jurisdiction.  Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I wonder if Ghislaine Maxwell is worried??

I would say that she is next on the list.  She's at the hub of the wheel, and knows practically everything that Jeffery knew.  I wouldn't give odds on her life...as long as she remains in a US controlled jurisdiction.  Mad

She has seemed to be in the thick of it with him for decades.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:41 pm

What's the legal situation with these private Islands? Some of these egomaniac billionaires probably assume that once they land on their island they are under no country's jurisdiction, and anything goes.

Did this guy make his money from trafficking minors or did he take this practice up as a 'hobby'?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Jules wrote:What's the legal situation with these private Islands? Some of these egomaniac billionaires probably assume they are under no one's jurisdiction once they land on their island and anything goes.

Power is as power does.  If you have an island, but no army to establish yourself, you're in deep sheit.  

I believe the US claim jurisdiction over Little St. Tom, Epstein's island.  It is part of the US Virgin Islands.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:02 pm

I remember some crazy guy in the news who bought an isolated patch of land - few acres - and he wanted it to be his own little country,  made his own laws, flag, national anthem, everything.  He even fantasised about not having to pay taxes. Smile

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Jules wrote:Did this guy make his money from trafficking minors or did he take this practice up as a 'hobby'?

A former biographer of Epstein's, has come up with a novel theory that he announced just last Friday, or yesterday.

The theory is: Epstein was a mediocre stock broker, who never made money in the markets.  And he trafficked in minor girls for prostitution, yes.  But his money came from blackmail.  The under-aged girl prostitution ring was just the bait to lure wealthy men into compromat.  This insider concludes:  Epstein and Maxwell ran a high-class extortion game.

When Trump says he had a falling out with Epstein, this might well have been the rub of matter.  Perhaps, Epstein was blackmailing Trump.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Jules wrote:I remember some crazy guy in the news who bought an isolated patch of land - few acres - and he wanted it to be his own little country,  made his own laws, flag, national anthem, everything.  He even fantasised about not having to pay taxes. Smile

A lot of people think that law is the endgame of politics. It's not...power is the endgame. Law is simply the grid one superimposes on the situation, to give it a sense of moral legitimacy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next