NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh for Gods sake.

+2
Original Quill
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Oh for Gods sake. Empty Oh for Gods sake.

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Seriously.... Rolling Eyes

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oh for Gods sake. Empty Re: Oh for Gods sake.

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Syl wrote:

Seriously.... Rolling Eyes

Gender poses a little bit different issue because styles as between male and female are so different. There truly is a different skill set, just like a dressmaker might not have the skill to tailor a man's suit. However, if she were to seek a man's cut, I would expect there would be no problem.

I had a client and friend who used to have his nails (hands and feet) routinely clipped. Hands were pretty easy, but many shops balked at toenails. Donno why...other than places that do toenails are traditionally linked with woman's salons. Donno, do women get naked in those places? Oh for Gods sake. 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:42 pm

The only thing they bare for a pedicure is the feet.....but I am no expert I can still get down to do my own. Laughing

That video of Karen Clifton (she is a pro dancer on the Brit version of Strictly come dancing) I reckon she would make a great actress....surely NO ONE can be so upset because a barbers shop refuses to cut a womans hair. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Syl wrote:The only thing they bare for a pedicure is the feet.....but I am no expert I can still get down to do my own. Laughing  

That video of Karen Clifton (she is a pro dancer on the Brit version of Strictly come dancing) I reckon she would make a great actress....surely NO ONE  can be so upset because a barbers shop refuses to cut a womans hair. Rolling Eyes

Well, perhaps she's used to being pampered a bit.  I can indulge those people and their idiosyncrasies if they are otherwise pretty good at their own craft.

We'll see. She is cute. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:The only thing they bare for a pedicure is the feet.....but I am no expert I can still get down to do my own. Laughing  

That video of Karen Clifton (she is a pro dancer on the Brit version of Strictly come dancing) I reckon she would make a great actress....surely NO ONE  can be so upset because a barbers shop refuses to cut a womans hair. Rolling Eyes

Well, perhaps she's used to being pampered a bit.  I can indulge those people and their idiosyncrasies if they are otherwise pretty good at their own craft.

We'll see.  She is cute.  Smile

She is brilliant at what she does.
Cant help but wonder if the barbers she named and shamed is responsible for her present hair cut....that would be more damning than what she is actually skriking over. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm

never heard of her

but i would just advise to go find something worthwhile to wail about

Rolling Eyes

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:24 pm

gelico wrote:

never heard of her

but i would just advise to go find something worthwhile to wail about

Rolling Eyes

Exactly, there have been times when I belatedly wished the hairdresser had refused to cut my hair they made such a mess of it, and even I didn't skrike that much. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:30 pm

I keep seeing the word 'Snowflake' being bandied about on forums and in the papers, but this, to me, is REAL snowflake behaviour.

I bet loads of women wouldn't even think of going to a barbers if they wanted their hair styled...I know I wouldn't.
So she did, she was refused, SO WHAT?

Can you imagine a normal man kicking up such a fuss if a ladies hair salon refused to cut his hair?

Last edited by Syl on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:31 pm

she should be permanently removed from society as being too mentally fragile to be of any use .
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am

I'm a proud member of the Karen Who? club here, but to me it smacks of the time honoured practise of a C-list "celeb" staging a social media tantrum in the hope of earning a few headlines in any real news organisation being daft enough to take it seriously enough to be real news.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Apparently this happened in March, not sure why it was in the news again yesterday, maybe Karen was feeling a bit ignored and posted it again.
Anyway....Jacks of London barbers apologised after she went public.

Pity....I wish people would stand their ground more. Rolling Eyes

"A barber involved in a sexism row has spoken out after a Strictly Come Dancing star said it refused to cut her hair.
Karen Clifton posted a tearful video on Instagram after she was turned away from Jacks of London.
The 36-year-old was distressed as she told her fans the barber had said they "don't do women's hair".
And now, the barber has spoken out in a lengthy response, sincerely apologising but also explaining some of its employees are not trained in 'technical' hairdressing techniques.

"Many of our barbers have had barber AND hairdressing training, but not all. Barbers and hairdressers require different skills and training; a hairdresser may stumble over cutting a pattern in a fade while a barber would struggle to cut a bob.
"This is why there tends to be a gender divide between hair salons and barbershops, but for anyone of any gender who wants an undercut, as Karen currently sports, a tight fade or a short, back and sides, Jacks of London barbers CAN AND WILL deliver.

"We sincerely apologise to Karen Clifton for the treatment she received this morning and would welcome her back to Jacks anytime".

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/jacks-london-strictly-karen-clifton-2669358
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Why don't they tell her to f++K off and go somewhere else ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:30 pm

nicko wrote:Why don't they tell her to f++K off and go somewhere else ?

Well they did at first (though in politer terms)  It was because of that she made the snivelling video complete with dramatic music to emphasis her distress.  Sad

It reminded me of the spoof ones Victoria Wood used to do.  Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Syl wrote:
nicko wrote:Why don't they tell her to f++K off and go somewhere else ?

Well they did at first (though in politer terms)   It was because of that she made the snivelling video complete with dramatic music to emphasis her distress.  Sad

At first? I think you were right above...she wasn't turned away the first time. In fact, they were responsible for cutting her hair before.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well they did at first (though in politer terms)   It was because of that she made the snivelling video complete with dramatic music to emphasis her distress.  Sad

At first?  I think you were right above...she wasn't turned away the first time.  In fact, they were responsible for cutting her hair before.

She had been to this barbers twice before and both times there was a stylist available to cut her hair.
The third time she went (which is the reason she is crying) no stylist who could cut her hair the way she wanted it cut was available.
I dont find that unusual, it is after all a barbers shop....NOT a ladies hairdressers.

I wonder why she didn't ring up beforehand and make an appointment with the woman who had cut her hair previously if she was happy with it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down