NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests

4 posters

Go down

More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests Empty More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

More than 200,000 secondary school children may have been groomed online, shocking new research suggests.

A survey carried out on behalf of children’s charity the NSPCC found that around 4% of young people aged 11 to 17 questioned had sent, received or been asked to send sexual content to an adult when using various sites and apps.

The charity said that one in 25 children had done so using Snapchat, Facebook or Facebook Messenger; one in 33 using Twitch and Twitter and one in 50 using Instagram and WhatsApp.

However a safeguarding expert believes these figures are only the tip of the iceberg. “It’s probably a lot worse than the figures suggest,” PC Andy Moore, who works within the safeguarding team for Thames Valley Police Slough, told HuffPost UK.

He likened the potential scale of the problem to the child sexual exploitation cases in Rotherham, Telford, Rochdale and Oxford “where it was very much underestimated”.

A total of 2,004 young people aged 11 to 17 were asked if they had ever sent messages with sexual content, been sent a naked picture or video or been asked to send these images, and the age of the person with whom they were interacting.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/child-grooming-nspcc_uk_5d3f091de4b01d8c977effa8?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests Empty Re: More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests

Post by eddie Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 pm

Jeezus. This shit is getting serious and exactly why I won’t allow my daughter anything but KidsTube.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests Empty Re: More than 200,000 UK youngsters have been groomed, research suggests

Post by Syl Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:07 am

It amazes me that parents of young kids are not more clued up on the dangers of the internet.

You wouldn't let your child wander alone unsupervised in rooms where millions of complete strangers could do or say whatever they chose to your child, yet young kids are doing this online every day, and the parents are oblivious.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:27 am

My daughter used to love to shop at Harrods. I'd drop her off and tell her, meet me at this door at 3 pm. It always worked.

I told an English friend in America that, and she said: "Have you ever seen the guards at Harrods? Next time I looked...they are about 6' 9", minimum. I got her point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:39 am

Original Quill wrote:My daughter used to love to shop at Harrods.  I'd drop her off and tell her, meet me at this door at 3 pm.  It always worked.

I told an English friend in America that, and she said: "Have you ever seen the guards at Harrods?  Next time I looked...they are about 6' 9", minimum.  I got her point.

How old was she when you did that Quill?
And I hope you made sure she had a very healthy credit card to use. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:My daughter used to love to shop at Harrods.  I'd drop her off and tell her, meet me at this door at 3 pm.  It always worked.

I told an English friend in America that, and she said: "Have you ever seen the guards at Harrods?"  Next time I looked...they are about 6' 9", minimum.  I got her point.

How old was she when you did that Quill?
And I hope you made sure she had a very healthy credit card to use. Laughing

Haha...she was 13 or 14 at the time. Yes, she had my card, but she had limits. Always been very responsible. She's a physician today, with kids of her own.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down