NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say

5 posters

Go down

Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say Empty Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Cesar Sayoc, the fanatical Donald Trump fan who mailed package bombs to the president’s political opponents, is a cognitively limited sexual abuse survivor who thought of the now-president as a “surrogate father” and came to believe in an “alternative reality” fueled in part by Trump’s attacks on his political opponents, his attorneys told a federal court on Monday.

Sayoc has admitted to mailing pipe bombs to Democratic politicians, media figures and celebrities he perceived as Trump’s enemies last fall, and pleaded guilty to several federal crimes in March. He could face life in prison when he’s sentenced on August 5, but his federal public defenders said Monday he should serve 10 years in prison followed by community supervision (as well as mental health counseling and drug treatment).

Sayoc, his attorneys wrote in a sentencing memo filed in federal court in New York on Monday, was a Trump “super fan” and “began to consider Democrats as not just dangerous in theory, but imminently and seriously dangerous to his personal safety.”

“Idiot God did nothing to dissuade this message,” they write. Their filing cites Trump’s Twitter attacks on the figures Sayoc targeted.

Sayoc was a Trump fan before the reality television host ran for president, and viewed him as “everything he wanted to be: self-made, successful, and a ‘playboy,’” his attorneys wrote.

But Sayoc “began watching Fox News religiously,” started following political news on Facebook and and “threw himself into” Trump’s campaign once he announced his candidacy because he “came to view Trump as a personal champion—someone who had helped him through the most difficult periods of his life and who could do the same for other people across the country.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/cesar-sayoc-trump-bombing_n_5d3635b1e4b004b6adb48758?guccounter=1

This is the first time in modern U.S. history that I know of when the person fueling crazy people's dangerous delusions was the President of the United States himself. Says it all, really. I can't think of any bombing sprees that were inspired by the warnings of Obama, Bush, Clinton, other Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Kennedy ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say Empty Re: Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Cesar Sayoc, the fanatical Donald Trump fan who mailed package bombs to the president’s political opponents, is a cognitively limited sexual abuse survivor who thought of the now-president as a “surrogate father” and came to believe in an “alternative reality” fueled in part by Trump’s attacks on his political opponents, his attorneys told a federal court on Monday.

Sayoc has admitted to mailing pipe bombs to Democratic politicians, media figures and celebrities he perceived as Trump’s enemies last fall, and pleaded guilty to several federal crimes in March. He could face life in prison when he’s sentenced on August 5, but his federal public defenders said Monday he should serve 10 years in prison followed by community supervision (as well as mental health counseling and drug treatment).

Sayoc, his attorneys wrote in a sentencing memo filed in federal court in New York on Monday, was a Trump “super fan” and “began to consider Democrats as not just dangerous in theory, but imminently and seriously dangerous to his personal safety.”

“Idiot God did nothing to dissuade this message,” they write. Their filing cites Trump’s Twitter attacks on the figures Sayoc targeted.

Sayoc was a Trump fan before the reality television host ran for president, and viewed him as “everything he wanted to be: self-made, successful, and a ‘playboy,’” his attorneys wrote.

But Sayoc “began watching Fox News religiously,” started following political news on Facebook and and “threw himself into” Trump’s campaign once he announced his candidacy because he “came to view Trump as a personal champion—someone who had helped him through the most difficult periods of his life and who could do the same for other people across the country.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/cesar-sayoc-trump-bombing_n_5d3635b1e4b004b6adb48758?guccounter=1

This is the first time in modern U.S. history that I know of when the person fueling crazy people's dangerous delusions was the President of the United States himself. Says it all, really. I can't think of any bombing sprees that were inspired by the warnings of Obama, Bush, Clinton, other Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Kennedy ...

That is like saying 2 plus 2 is 7

Unless you can show me where trump called for harm to come to the opposition. This really has to go down as one of the most disingenuous claims going by you. There is a massive and clear divide between attacking individuals verbally, to that of trying to kill people you do not like. Sorry ben, its farcial for you to make such a claim and blame Trump for the actions of the individual here. Again I think Trump is an arsehole, but claiming it was trump that fueled his terrorism?

It seems quite clear this individual is mentally unblanced. I have not seen any case in history where people have claimed mocking your opponents was the inspiration to then have someone else think its okay to murder people.

Its hateful ideologies that inspire people to think its okay to murder people. As much as Trump has some of the worst social views and is clearly a bigot. That does not transcribe to the view that Trump had any influence on this person to act as he did

Back to top Go down

Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say Empty Re: Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Trump doesn't just mock his enemies, he claims the media are the "enemy of the American people" and talks about "war with the media" and "war with the Democrats." Plenty of people have warned him to tone it down, and there have been other Trump-inspired terrorists as well.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Trump doesn't just mock his enemies, he claims the media are the "enemy of the American people" and talks about "war with the media" and "war with the Democrats." Plenty of people have warned him to tone it down, and there have been other Trump-inspired terrorists as well.

Well Islamists claim the west is the enemy of islam. Does that mean I should be at war with Muslims?

You need to blame the people for their actions, not what people say.

Its a massive difference from where a religion teaches people to think its rational and righteous to murder people

You see this is the problem with many democrats. You are exactly the same as conservatives when Obama was in power. So desperate to see either Trump or Obama fall. That you both invent really dumb claims. Fight trump on his poor policies and his bigoted views. This claim here is really one of your most dumbest to be frank

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Trump doesn't just mock his enemies, he claims the media are the "enemy of the American people" and talks about "war with the media" and "war with the Democrats." Plenty of people have warned him to tone it down, and there have been other Trump-inspired terrorists as well.

well, quite frankly, ben,,,,,they are

look at the amount of fakery from CNN et al,,,,,,and they wonder why their viewing numbers have plummeted to an all time low. no one believes the mainstream media anymore and it is entirely their own fault

as for this particular nutjob. he was obsessed with trump and everything he was long long before he ran for president.

he is clearly very ill

but but but,,,,,,Trump

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Getting a few stories wrong here and there (and correcting them) is hardly the same thing as being "the enemy of the American people," a loaded term in American culture which has usually been used to justify war or other extreme actions against the target. (McCarthyism was a great example.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:56 pm

gelico wrote:

look at the amount of fakery from CNN et al,,,,,,and they wonder why their viewing numbers have plummeted to an all time low.  no one believes the mainstream media anymore and it is entirely their own fault

as for this particular nutjob.   he was obsessed with trump and everything he was long long before he ran for president.

he is clearly very ill

but but but,,,,,,Trump

Sorry, but the above is absurd as ben and playing off the conservative narrative here. Who like CNN are playing identity politics to divide peopkle into seperate camps. Which translates gelico as each side being as bad as the other. Lets be frank. what Trump said the other day about the Squad going back to where they came from. Had every racist dimention to this. The reality is the squad is as divisive and as hateful as Trump. Both sides are polarising people. We have seen this with AOC, who has to go down as one of the biggest liars and drama queens in history

The on;ly people with any sanity through this. Is people liberal, speaking out against the extremes of both sides. The riality is that the US was built on democratic principles. Which means people have a right to express these views. As much as i disgaree with many of them on both sides. To claim as each side do, that the other is the enemy. Is further segregating American society. Nobody is innocent here on the right and left

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Getting a few stories wrong here and there (and correcting them) is hardly the same thing as being "the enemy of the American people," a loaded term in American culture which has usually been used to justify war or other extreme actions against the target. (McCarthyism was a great example.)

Agreed, so why do then democrat supporters go nuts if someone is simple wearing a a Trump hat, that says "make America great again"?

Bothsides are complicit in this hate divide that is cuasing such a rift in US society and both are equally as bad. Espically the left and right media

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

look at the amount of fakery from CNN et al,,,,,,and they wonder why their viewing numbers have plummeted to an all time low.  no one believes the mainstream media anymore and it is entirely their own fault

as for this particular nutjob.   he was obsessed with trump and everything he was long long before he ran for president.

he is clearly very ill

but but but,,,,,,Trump

Sorry, but the above is absurd as ben and playing off the conservative narrative here. Who like CNN are playing identity politics to divide peopkle into seperate camps. Which translates gelico as each side being as bad as the other. Lets be frank. what Trump said the other day about the Squad going back to where they came from. Had every racist dimention to this. The reality is the squad is as divisive and as hateful as Trump. Both sides are polarising people. We have seen this with AOC, who has to go down as one of the biggest liars and drama queens in history

The on;ly people with any sanity through this. Is people liberal, speaking out against the extremes of both sides. The riality is that the US was built on democratic principles. Which means people have a right to express these views. As much as i disgaree with many of them on both sides. To claim as each side do, that the other is the enemy. Is further segregating American society. Nobody is innocent here on the right and left

Oh just want to add, that I agree with your view on this person being a nutjob and is very ill Gelico

Just thought I should say on the parts i did agree, where my previous post was in regards to the media and the right and left. On which i disagree with you on... Laughing

Have a good evening

Catch you later

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:57 pm

He also claims that the FBI is a deep-state agency, playing politics.  I've tried many cases against the federal authorities, civil and criminal.  Do you think if I were a criminal defense lawyer, defending charges brought by the FBI against my client, I would hesitate to argue that the FBI plays political games, and prosecution of my client is persecution?

"Look," I would argue, "the president--our great leader, and the ultimate supervisor of the FBI--literally tells us they unjustly prosecute folks."  Who speaks for the government more plainly than the Chief Executive Officer?

I think any lawyer that would not so argue, would be committing malpractice.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:

He also claims that the FBI is a deep-state agency, playing politics.  I've tried many cases against the federal authorities, civil and criminal.  Do you think if I were a criminal defense lawyer, defending charges brought by the FBI against my client, I would hesitate to argue that the FBI plays political games, and prosecution of my client is persecution?

"Look," I would argue, "the president--our great leader, and the ultimate supervisor of the FBI--literally tells us they unjustly prosecute folks."  Who speaks for the government more plainly than the Chief Executive Officer?

I think any lawyer that would not so argue, would be committing malpractice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm

I'd like to point out that I never actually blamed Trump for the Magabomber's actions, I said he was the "person fueling crazy people's dangerous delusions" and I stand by that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'd like to point out that I never actually blamed Trump for the Magabomber's actions, I said he was the "person fueling crazy people's dangerous delusions" and I stand by that.

There is a massive and stark difference in regards to how people take on board what someone says. I mean if we go by this view, why is it that so far only one unhinged loon has done this? Yet in regards to islam or Christianity millions have committed murder in its name?

So exactly what is your priorities here ben?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:44 pm

gelico wrote:

he is clearly very ill

but but but,,,,,,Trump

I quite agree with you. I think that the media is mostly, at best, a robotic machine just repeating facts that they’re fed.
The newest, freshest and most unbiased news comes mainly from Twitter, where you get actual real people (eyewitnesses mostly) giving the news.

But what do I know? I’m not big enough or powerful enough to have any evidence.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:48 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I'd like to point out that I never actually blamed Trump for the Magabomber's actions, I said he was the "person fueling crazy people's dangerous delusions" and I stand by that.

There is a massive and stark difference in regards to how people take on board what someone says. I mean if we go by this view, why is it that so far only one unhinged loon has done this? Yet in regards to islam or Christianity millions have committed murder in its name?

First of all, it wasn't only one person. There have been numerous acts of violence perpetrated by Trump supporters against Trump detractors -- the murder-by-car at the Unite the Right rally for one, as well as this: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/trump-Muslim-militia-terror-plot-kansas_n_5ad78882e4b029ebe0207801

Second, religions aren't people who can be held accountable for their words, and they're not the President of the United States, who should show better judgement.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

First of all, it wasn't only one person. There have been numerous acts of violence perpetrated by Trump supporters against Trump detractors -- the murder-by-car at the Unite the Right rally for one, as well as this: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/trump-Muslim-militia-terror-plot-kansas_n_5ad78882e4b029ebe0207801

Second, religions aren't people who can be held accountable for their words, and they're not the President of the United States, who should show better judgement.

Okay wake up and stop being so naive

Wahhabism for example is the major cause of tens of thousands of terrorist acts over the last couple of decades. As it plays on the beliefs of people to think and rationalise killing people as a righteous and justified act. Just as once Christians did with "Holy War". These are concepts formed around religion to justify killing people through a lens its righteous to do so. Even worse it makes the play that those doing so, will be exalted and revered for doing so by their make believe diety

Just because some trump supporters commit acts of violence is like claiming black people are criminals. That because some do, then there is a bases for a connection in crime. Its so absurd by you, its in fact the worst ignorance by you

Last edited by phildidge on Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:56 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Wahhabism for example is the major cause of tens of thousands of terrorist acts over the last couple of decades. As it plays on the beliefs of people to think and rationalise killing people as a righteous and justified act. Just as once Christians did with "Holy War". These are conceots formed around religion to justify killing people through a lens its rieghteous to do so. Even worse it makes the paly that those doing so, will be exalted and revered for doing so by their make believe diety

Just because some trump supporters commit acts of violence is like claimi ng black people are criminals. That because some do, then there is a bases for a connection in crime. Its so absurd by you its in fact the worst ignorance by you

Okay, I'm allowed to be concerned about more than one thing at once, and I don't have to keep my mouth shut about this issue just because there are some other, more pressing issues.

Also, I never said all Trump supporters are like the Magabomber -- I'll say right here, I know that very few of them are.

The point I'm making is that Trump's own rhetoric fuels attacks like these, and Trump should make his rhetoric less violent -- which would be the responsible thing to do for any head of state. He needs to understand that his words mean more coming from him as president than they do from practically anyone else in the world.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Wahhabism for example is the major cause of tens of thousands of terrorist acts over the last couple of decades. As it plays on the beliefs of people to think and rationalise killing people as a righteous and justified act. Just as once Christians did with "Holy War". These are conceots formed around religion to justify killing people through a lens its rieghteous to do so. Even worse it makes the paly that those doing so, will be exalted and revered for doing so by their make believe diety

Just because some trump supporters commit acts of violence is like claimi ng black people are criminals. That because some do, then there is a bases for a connection in crime. Its so absurd by you its in fact the worst ignorance by you

Okay, I'm allowed to be concerned about more than one thing at once, and I don't have to keep my mouth shut about this issue just because there are some other, more pressing issues.

Also, I never said all Trump supporters are like the Magabomber -- I'll say right here, I know that very few of them.

The point I'm making is that Trump's own rhetoric fuels attacks like these, and Trump should make his rhetoric less violent -- which would be the responsible thing to do for any head of state. He needs to understand that his words mean more coming from him as president than they do from practically anyone else in the world.

But does he fuel such attacks or are you trying to make a connection when none actually exists?

People fro years on the far right have tried to claim many reasons for why people commoit crime and constantly groups have been blamed.

I have not seen once where Trump has called for violence against a person. As much as he is bigoted and racist. That doies not mean people are not responsible for their own actions. So going by your reasoning, would you claim that AOC is responsible for the recent terrorist attack on the detention center with her views that they are concentratuon camps. Where this person went off her views? Does that make her resposnsible?

No

It makes her an idiot, just as Trump is, because neither give actually gives a shit. They simple only care about their own attention and limelight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:37 am

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Also, I never said all Trump supporters are like the Magabomber -- I'll say right here, I know that very few of them.

But does he fuel such attacks or are you trying to make a connection when none actually exists?

People fro years on the far right have tried to claim many reasons for why people commoit crime and constantly groups have been blamed.

I have not seen once where Trump has called for violence against a person. As much as he is bigoted and racist. That doies not mean people are not responsible for their own actions. So going by your reasoning, would you claim that AOC is responsible for the recent terrorist attack on the detention center with her views that they are concentratuon camps. Where this person went off her views? Does that make her resposnsible?

No

It makes her an idiot, just as Trump is, because neither give actually gives a shit. They simple only care about their own attention and limelight

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jul/05/sarah-huckabee-sanders/has-donald-trump-never-promoted-or-encouraged-viol/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

No

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jul/05/sarah-huckabee-sanders/has-donald-trump-never-promoted-or-encouraged-viol/

So after everything discussed, you provbed to me what a retard you are Ben by yet another media opeinion piece

I am done with this boring shit hole

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:18 am

gelico wrote:

he is clearly very ill

but but but,,,,,,Trump

Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say 3408175593

Now gellibelli's channelling smelly' rants with those outright lies above...

After seeing her recent efforts defending Sly against Didge, abusing me for simply "calling a spade a spade" last week,  and cheering on smelly's attacks on the disabled, the poor and 'coloured' peoples last month..

Nothing surprises me anymore from the raving harridans brigade on here.

I now await another weeks basementing on here for telling the truth and opposing the trolls --  I can keep the Dodger company, after Victor basements him for standing up against the Sly dog's character-assassination attempts on Quill..

Trump "did nothing to dissuade" fantasies that fueled MAGA-bomber's attacks, defense attorneys say 3489511464
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:28 am

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

he is clearly very ill

but but but,,,,,,Trump

I quite agree with you. I think that the media is mostly, at best, a robotic machine just repeating facts that they’re fed.
The newest, freshest and most unbiased news comes mainly from Twitter, where you get actual real people (eyewitnesses mostly) giving the news.

But what do I know? I’m not big enough or powerful enough to have any evidence.

Laughing

Twitter !!!

The world's #1 internet source for "fake news" and political propaganda..

And eddie now says she believes that it's a genuine "news" source !

Then again, eddie also claims that reading random blogsites somehow qualifies as "research" into nutrition and health issues..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:03 am

I’m going to make this simple for you to answer so here’s a little thingy before the question.
Ready?

I said, Twitter has a lot of news eyewitness accounts...meaning that a lot of the public SEE stuff before the media gets there ergo the media get most of their news nowadays from Twitter.

Now, here’s the question:

Is that incorrect?

(Don’t waffle. I won’t answer waffle darling)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm

eddie wrote:I’m going to make this simple for you to answer so here’s a little thingy before the question.
Ready?

I said, Twitter has a lot of news eyewitness accounts...meaning that a lot of the public SEE stuff before the media gets there ergo the media get most of their news nowadays from Twitter.

Is that incorrect?

Isn't Twitter the platform for Trump?  He is in the running for the greatest liar in history, no?  I'll bet he, alone, cancels out all 'eyewitness accounts' on Twitter.

Besides, eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable.  All you have to do is deny it, and the whole country says it must be a horse race.  https://rationalworldview.com/are-eyewitness-accounts-reliable/

So much for Twitter's veracity.  What's the next most favorite?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:06 pm

eddie wrote:I’m going to make this simple for you to answer so here’s a little thingy before the question.
Ready?

Is that incorrect?

Cool

Totally incorrect, eddikins..

"Eye witness accounts"  do not equate to proper "news"...

In the same way that "reading blogsites" does not equal genuine "research"..

If you don't recognise the difference,  I suggest you buy yourself a new dictionary,  eddie.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down