NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Go down

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World Empty U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

Post by eddie Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:00 pm

The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

Although the U.S. has the most expensive health care system in the world, the nation ranks lowest in terms of “efficiency, equity and outcomes,” according to the report. One of the most piercing revelations is that the high rate of expenditure for insurance is not commensurate to the satisfaction of patients or quality of service. High out-of-pocket costs and gaps in coverage “undermine efforts in the U.S. to improve care coordination,” the report summarized.

A striking take-home from the report was a need for equity throughout the nation. “Disparities in access to services signal the need to expand insurance to cover the uninsured and to ensure that all Americans have an accessible medical home,” it said. A lack of universal health care was noted as the key difference between the U.S. and the other industrial nations.

https://time.com/2888403/u-s-health-care-ranked-worst-in-the-developed-world/?fbclid=IwAR3KG9jUbEoGiLg_2ozChJa0aQrE0OQ9Y8a9OWtlpmMYUoDV68faX-OT-ls
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World Empty Re: U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:10 pm

I'll tell you exactly why I think this is. One, insurance companies are getting far too wealthy off the backs of sick people. And two, physicians are inordinately terrified of being sued for malpractice, so they run up patients' bills with endless tests, most of which end up being unnecessary.

It's time for Americans to stop being afraid of socialized medicine. I've spent most of this year in the UK and the situation here is so much better than in America.

Sure, you hear stories of people waiting for ages in A&E, but that happens in America too, since people with no insurance come flooding to the emergency rooms for treatment.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World Empty Re: U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

Post by eddie Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Y’all need to start big fuck off demonstrations and get serious about this shit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:47 pm

eddie wrote:Y’all need to start big fuck off demonstrations and get serious about this shit.

I think some people are starting to realize what we need, but there are still an awful lot of Americans who think that if we socialize health care, elderly citizens will basically just be allowed to die. There was a whole big thingy going on when Obama was trying to reform health care; people were saying it would "pull the plug on Grandma."

The sad thing is, Obamacare didn't even socialize American healthcare, but you couldn't say that to its critics.

To be fair, the original vision of Obamacare included government health insurance that would compete with private insurance policies; it was called the "public option" but was jettisoned due to fierce opposition from Republicans, who also wouldn't approve a plan to allow non-profit health insurance companies that weren't government-run.

Hell, even the version of Obamacare that was finally enacted didn't receive a single Republican vote in Congress.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Well, like I said, there needs to be a huge big fuckoff demo whereby it hits the news in a big way.
Time and again.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 am

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World 1399249160

As long as the USA keeps on denying the possibility of introducing a publicly funded "universal healthcare" system -- principally on the spurious basis that a government-run service in competition with greedy and usurious corporate donors is somehow "unAmerican, 'communistic', and doing Satan's work", -- it will remain down there, scrabbling around on the bottom...

Not helped by a corrupt US gov't and taxation system that keeps on allowing the health insurance companies and their related private hospitals to operate on 50% profit margins, while charging skyhigh premiums and artificially restricting the services offered..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:24 am

eddie wrote:
The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

Although the U.S. has the most expensive health care system in the world, the nation ranks lowest in terms of “efficiency, equity and outcomes,” according to the report. One of the most piercing revelations is that the high rate of expenditure for insurance is not commensurate to the satisfaction of patients or quality of service. High out-of-pocket costs and gaps in coverage “undermine efforts in the U.S. to improve care coordination,” the report summarized.

A striking take-home from the report was a need for equity throughout the nation. “Disparities in access to services signal the need to expand insurance to cover the uninsured and to ensure that all Americans have an accessible medical home,” it said. A lack of universal health care was noted as the key difference between the U.S. and the other industrial nations.

https://time.com/2888403/u-s-health-care-ranked-worst-in-the-developed-world/?fbclid=IwAR3KG9jUbEoGiLg_2ozChJa0aQrE0OQ9Y8a9OWtlpmMYUoDV68faX-OT-ls

"A lack of universal health care was noted as the key difference between the U.S. and the other industrial nations"

No shit. So in order to be ranked higher, you need to more government involved in your healthcare. If that's the criteria, then of course the US will be ranked lower.

Ask your husband if he has ever been in a VA hospital over here. Surprised

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 am

This is one of those threads where my signature suffices as an adequate response. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:49 am

Maddog wrote:
This is one of those threads where my signature suffices as an adequate response. Cool

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World 1366281442

Or, as your redneck anti-guvm'nt quotient of Amerikans put it so succinctly, back when Obama's regime was attempting to merely reform your health insurance system (not even getting as far as national "universal" basic healthcare, mind..) :

"Obama is a communist ! It is un-Amerikan for the gum'nt to interfere with private business's right to rip off the poorest people in the country -- Obama's a communist ! -- and we reserve the right to pay exorbitant fees and charges to our betters wot own those healthfunds and hospitals -- oh, and did I mention that the unAmerikan Muslim Obama is a communist !"
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:54 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Or, as your redneck anti-guvm'nt quotient of Amerikans put it so succinctly, back when Obama's regime was attempting to merely reform your health insurance system  (not even getting as far as national "universal" basic healthcare, mind..)  :

"Obama is a communist !  It is un-Amerikan for the gum'nt to interfere with private business's right to rip off the poorest people in the country --  Obama's a communist  ! --  and we reserve the right to pay exorbitant fees and charges to our betters wot own those healthfunds and hospitals --  oh, and did I mention that the unAmerikan Muslim Obama is a communist !"

Does my signature mention communism?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Or, as your redneck anti-guvm'nt quotient of Amerikans put it so succinctly, back when Obama's regime was attempting to merely reform your health insurance system  (not even getting as far as national "universal" basic healthcare, mind..)  :

"Obama is a communist !  It is un-Amerikan for the gum'nt to interfere with private business's right to rip off the poorest people in the country --  Obama's a communist  ! --  and we reserve the right to pay exorbitant fees and charges to our betters wot own those healthfunds and hospitals --  oh, and did I mention that the unAmerikan Muslim Obama is a communist !"

tongue

Nope...

But "communist, Muslim and unAmerican" were all terms being thrown around often by many of those redneck, Southerner, anti-guvm'nt, "libertarian" and anarchist protesters against the suggested Obama reforms..

How many of your friends, neighbours and relatives were sucked into voicing and supporting such nonsensical pro-big business/anti-healthcare sentiments  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

tongue

Nope...

But "communist, Muslim and unAmerican" were all terms being thrown around often by many of those redneck, Southerner, anti-guvm'nt, "libertarian" and anarchist protesters against the suggested Obama reforms..

How many of your friends, neighbours and relatives were sucked into voicing and supporting such nonsensical pro-big business/anti-healthcare sentiments  ?

Well, I can't speak for everyone else. I know people of every political persuasion. Pick a position and I have a friend who supports it. I personally resent the paternalism found in forced government programs. I also know that it comes from the left and the right.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:15 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
tongue

Nope...

Well, I can't speak for everyone else. I know people of every political persuasion. Pick a position and I have a friend who supports it. I personally resent the paternalism found in forced government programs. I also know that it comes from the left and the right.  

Not to mention the price you could get for someone's liver.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:17 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Especially a gooses.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Especially a gooses.

Great point.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:56 am

Gooses ! surely Geese ? Smile
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:20 pm

nicko wrote:Gooses !     surely Geese ? Smile

Goose's
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Goose, singular, Geese plural ! Geese on the ground, Gaggle. Geese flying, Skein ! Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Cool

A "goose's liver" is also a singular noun...

The plural will be "goose livers" -- where 'goose' is a descriptive noun (i.e. a noun behaving like an adjective..), and 'livers' is the plural/collective noun..

No doubt some more pedantic English teachers out there may well disapprove of my terminology ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down